B+ instead of A
First Page 2 3
 Carbuncle.Rebwolf
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Rebwolf
By Carbuncle.Rebwolf 2010-03-22 11:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

As I was a worried Monk... Let me be the first to say...

"Lol pup"
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-22 11:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Rebwolf said:
As I was a worried Monk... Let me be the first to say...

"Lol pup"
Why were you worried? o_O

No really, why? If you're getting buffs, MNK still would have won most of the time.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-03-22 11:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Rebwolf said:
As I was a worried Monk... Let me be the first to say... "Lol pup"

Monks are celibate. Puppeteers aren't. Lol MNK.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-03-22 11:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

All my PUP friends are crying viciously about this. I suppose they were happier being C!
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-22 11:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Carbuncle.Rebwolf said:

Monks are celibate. Puppeteers aren't. Lol MNK.
ahahahahaha
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2010-03-22 11:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll admit, my first response when I saw it was:

I'm not a MNK or a PUP, though. I'll admit it was kinda mean of SE to basically just be like "LOL TRICKED" though.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-03-22 11:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial said:
I'll admit, my first response when I saw it was: I'm not a MNK or a PUP, though. I'll admit it was kinda mean of SE to basically just be like "LOL TRICKED" though.

I lol'd at that pic. XD
 Gilgamesh.Xarchangel
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Xarchangel 2010-03-22 11:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I still think B+ is good, and everyone was crazy if they thought they were gonna match mnk's h2h. MNK has A+ which caps at 276 and now pup has B+ which caps at 256, still 20 lvl's of difference. If you wanna get close, go get 8/8 h2h merits and you can go to 272 as well, still gonna prolly out DD mnks.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-22 11:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Xarchangel said:
I still think B is good, and everyone was crazy if they thought they were gonna match mnk's h2h. MNK has A which caps at 276 and now pup has B which caps at 256, still 20 lvl's of difference. If you wanna get close, go get 8/8 h2h merits and you can go to 272 as well, still gonna prolly out DD mnks.
Maybe in really low Haste situations. Properly buffed, I'd expect the MNK to win every time now.
 Fairy.Miaa
Server: Fairy
user: nomad2637
By Fairy.Miaa 2010-03-22 11:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

This was like telling me I won a free large pizza of my choice and then given a single bagel-bite. ._.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-03-22 11:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial said:
I'll admit it was kinda mean of SE to basically just be like "LOL TRICKED" though.

Technically they didn't though >_>; All update teasers come with the obligatory "These are subject to change! So don't count on it" lines =P
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-22 11:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Miaa said:
This was like telling me I won a free large pizza of my choice and then given a single bagel-bite. ._.
Dude I love those bagel bites.

Pizza in the morning, pizza in the evening....
[+]
 Carbuncle.Rebwolf
Server: Carbuncle
user: Rebwolf
By Carbuncle.Rebwolf 2010-03-22 11:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully monks will either get Kick Attacks III + another Martial Arts.

Or

Some sort of crazy WS that can keep up with freaking sams.

I'll just end this by saying "lol pup" ;p
[+]
 Shiva.Primus
Server: Shiva
user: Primus456
By Shiva.Primus 2010-03-22 11:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

LoL HOHOHOHO ok let me stop I know a guy on my server Keaper that might slit his wrist over this lol.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-03-22 11:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Question; Why are MNKs so insecure about PUPs? I've seen many MNKs rage about this just because PUP equips the same weapon. PUP is still unable to equip Cestus and Knuckles, which means no Destroyers nor Spharai (Obviously). Not to mention MNK has more DD-based abilities; Focus, Boost, etc. Add as you see fit. PUP, on the other hand has abilities to influence their Automaton. Not to mention MNK has alot on Far-eastern/MNK Only gear, where as PUP gets light armor and mage gear. So.. why the rage? o.O
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-03-22 11:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Question; Why are MNKs so insecure about PUPs? I've seen many MNKs rage about this just because PUP equips the same weapon. PUP is still unable to equip Cestus and Knuckles, which means no Destroyers nor Spharai (Obviously). Not to mention MNK has more DD-based abilities; Focus, Boost, etc. Add as you see fit. PUP, on the other hand has abilities to influence their Automaton. Not to mention MNK has alot on Far-eastern/MNK Only gear, where as PUP gets light armor and mage gear. So.. why the rage? o.O

The MNKs that *** about this are the lolMNKs that TP in STR rings and full time Denali head. Your good MNKs aren't and weren't worried about this update because they know how good they are and where they're useful.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-22 11:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Because they don't understand the game mechanics or the /maths and can't see on their own that they were in no danger to begin with of being replaced, thus the fear of being replaced.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-22 11:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
The MNKs that *** about this are the lolMNKs that TP in STR rings and full time Denali head. Your good MNKs aren't and weren't worried about this update because they know how good they are and where they're useful.
^^^^^^^
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tirantus
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tirantus
By Gilgamesh.Tirantus 2010-03-22 11:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not horribly surprised. I knew their was no way we were getting more than an A- at best. But we also got much more than just an h2h bump so I'm pretty happy with the update. Well in theory anyways. We'll have to wait and see how drastic these attachment/maneuver adjustments really are.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-03-22 11:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:

Hitler said:
What the *** do you know?! You full-time a Denali Bonnet!

Lol Repost.
[+]
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-03-22 11:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Rebwolf said:

It sucks to be you... lol

Sylph.Oddin said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Because they don't understand the game mechanics or the /maths and can't see on their own that they were in no danger to begin with of being replaced, thus the fear of being replaced.

Pawned lol ^^
[+]
 Seraph.Doebie
Server: Seraph
user: Doebie
By Seraph.Doebie 2010-03-22 11:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I have MNK 75 but my PUP is only 15. And I still boo'd at only B+. My MNK is good, capped gear haste blah blah, so I wasn't worried about being "replaced".

I'm just sad because some of my friends are PUPs and would be nice for the lolpup stigma they deal with to have disappeared.

Hopefully B+ and automaton adjutments work out great for PUPs.

B+ is 256 skill, I wonder if they will be able to unlock Asuran Fists?
[+]
 Ifrit.Duanyu
Server: Ifrit
user: Duanyu
By Ifrit.Duanyu 2010-03-22 11:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:

so i guess pup cant equip usukane right
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-03-22 11:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Doebie said:
I have MNK 75 but my PUP is only 15. And I still boo'd at only B . My MNK is good, capped gear haste blah blah, so I wasn't worried about being "replaced". I'm just sad because some of my friends are PUPs and would be nice for the lolpup stigma they deal with to have disappeared. Hopefully B and automaton adjutments work out great for PUPs. B is 256 skill, I wonder if they will be able to unlock Asuran Fists?

Strangely, alot of PUP 75's have MNK 75, too. I've met some that went PUP -> MNK and others that went MNK -> PUP.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-03-22 12:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Duanyu said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:

Funny, there's one exception. I am and was aware PUP could use Usukane, but I didn't feel one exception (as well as the material armor to make Usukane) was worth mentioning.

P.S. Notice everyone else aknowledged what I said and moved on. It takes a noob to point something insignificant out.

inb4 u mad?
[+]
 Phoenix.Kryptik
user: phawk23
By Phoenix.Kryptik 2010-03-22 12:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

They Should have gave us another Martial Arts Tier...that would have been great
 Seraph.Doebie
Server: Seraph
user: Doebie
By Seraph.Doebie 2010-03-22 12:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Strangely, alot of PUP 75's have MNK 75, too. I've met some that went PUP -> MNK and others that went MNK -> PUP.

I'm not a fan of exping or my pup may be 75. I did have fun those 15 lvls, and friends all seem to like playing pup.

Also LOL @ that hitler video. First time I saw that one and its well done :)
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-03-22 12:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Doebie said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
I'm not a fan of exping or my pup may be 75. I did have fun those 15 lvls, and friends all seem to like playing pup. Also LOL @ that hitler video. First time I saw that one and its well done :)

I think someone on here may have made the vid, Sorry, I forget who.

I'm PUP 61, but I'm holding off, lvling THF for a bit. I need to skill up and get my skills capped. I actually got a few PTs as PUP and my skills fell behind.
 Sylph.Oddin
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-03-22 12:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Seraph.Doebie said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
I'm not a fan of exping or my pup may be 75. I did have fun those 15 lvls, and friends all seem to like playing pup. Also LOL @ that hitler video. First time I saw that one and its well done :)

I think someone on here may have made the vid, Sorry, I forget who.

I'm PUP 61, but I'm holding off, lvling THF for a bit. I need to skill up and get my skills capped. I actually got a few PTs as PUP and my skills fell behind.

Shadida.Sylph made it.
 Ifrit.Duanyu
Server: Ifrit
user: Duanyu
By Ifrit.Duanyu 2010-03-22 12:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Ifrit.Duanyu said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:

Funny, there's one exception. I am and was aware PUP could use Usukane, but I didn't feel one exception (as well as the material armor to make Usukane) was worth mentioning.

P.S. Notice everyone else aknowledged what I said and moved on. It takes a noob to point something insignificant out.

inb4 u mad?

guess it was a bit late but regardless full usukane is one of the best things that pup's can equip so it really shouldnt be omitted.
[+]
First Page 2 3