Game: FFXI
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-03-22 12:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Seraph.Doebie said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Strangely, alot of PUP 75's have MNK 75, too. I've met some that went PUP -> MNK and others that went MNK -> PUP.
I'm not a fan of exping or my pup may be 75. I did have fun those 15 lvls, and friends all seem to like playing pup. Also LOL @ that hitler video. First time I saw that one and its well done :)
I think someone on here may have made the vid, Sorry, I forget who. I'm PUP 61, but I'm holding off, lvling THF for a bit. I need to skill up and get my skills capped. I actually got a few PTs as PUP and my skills fell behind.
Shadida.Sylph made it.

There we go. :D
 Phoenix.Premier
Server: Phoenix
user: Premier
By Phoenix.Premier 2010-03-22 12:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So pup can't have higher total HTH skill than mnk now....big whoop....still a huge buff for pup.

With A skill pup would have been able to get the base 276 skill and ;
Torque +7
Merits +8
Oberons Sainti +3~10
(Not gonna bother to count caestus belt)
for a potential +25 leaving pup at 301 skill

Now that will be reduced to a potential 277. I don't see that being too shabby.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-03-22 12:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Duanyu said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Ifrit.Duanyu said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Question; Why are MNKs so insecure about PUPs? I've seen many MNKs rage about this just because PUP equips the same weapon. PUP is still unable to equip Cestus and Knuckles, which means no Destroyers nor Spharai (Obviously). Not to mention MNK has more DD-based abilities; Focus, Boost, etc. Add as you see fit. PUP, on the other hand has abilities to influence their Automaton. Not to mention MNK has alot on Far-eastern/MNK Only gear, where as PUP gets light armor and mage gear. So.. why the rage? o.O
so i guess pup cant equip usukane right
Funny, there's one exception. I am and was aware PUP could use Usukane, but I didn't feel one exception (as well as the material armor to make Usukane) was worth mentioning. P.S. Notice everyone else aknowledged what I said and moved on. It takes a noob to point something insignificant out. inb4 u mad?
guess it was a bit late but regardless full usukane is one of the best things that pup's can equip so it really shouldnt be omitted.

It is very expensive, though, and many don't bother getting it despite it's usefulness. I'd imagine Salvage shells would help MNKs get Usukane before PUP anyway. So unless you are MNK and PUP 75, it'd be kinda rare-ish.
[+]
 Ifrit.Duanyu
Server: Ifrit
user: Duanyu
By Ifrit.Duanyu 2010-03-22 12:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
It is very expensive, though, and many don't bother getting it despite it's usefulness. I'd imagine Salvage shells would help MNKs get Usukane before PUP anyway. So unless you are MNK and PUP 75, it'd be kinda rare-ish.

well if left out then you are correct, but i still dont think it should be disregarded because of its price or salvage shells priorities.
[+]
 Fenrir.Oprahruru
Server: Fenrir
user: Oprahruru
By Fenrir.Oprahruru 2010-03-22 12:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Ifrit.Duanyu said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Ifrit.Duanyu said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Question; Why are MNKs so insecure about PUPs? I've seen many MNKs rage about this just because PUP equips the same weapon. PUP is still unable to equip Cestus and Knuckles, which means no Destroyers nor Spharai (Obviously). Not to mention MNK has more DD-based abilities; Focus, Boost, etc. Add as you see fit. PUP, on the other hand has abilities to influence their Automaton. Not to mention MNK has alot on Far-eastern/MNK Only gear, where as PUP gets light armor and mage gear. So.. why the rage? o.O
so i guess pup cant equip usukane right
Funny, there's one exception. I am and was aware PUP could use Usukane, but I didn't feel one exception (as well as the material armor to make Usukane) was worth mentioning. P.S. Notice everyone else aknowledged what I said and moved on. It takes a noob to point something insignificant out. inb4 u mad?
guess it was a bit late but regardless full usukane is one of the best things that pup's can equip so it really shouldnt be omitted.

I'm too lazy to deal with all these quotes and whiddle it down to the only thing I'm talking about but this is in regards to Duanyu saying "usukane is one of the best". For melee, I completely agree. 100% With you on that. Unfortunately, or, rather, fortunately - depending how you look at it - PUP is not only about their melee damage. There are gear choices out there that promote the puppetmaster's abilities. Okay, so not really many, but the Add-on armors and AFs. My point is, MNK focus only on DD output for themselves. PUPs have to balance - or have completely different gear sets - their selves and their automaton. Which, even with the update, is the main DD of the job. (The automaton)

I'm very happy with the updates, I haven't tried them out yet, but B+ is still better than C. Not to mention larger stat bonuses, and changes to survivability. Unfortunately this means a whole new mess of experiments to see how SE has changed the attachments. :/
[+]
 Fairy.Guebotermico
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Guebotermico 2010-03-22 12:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

i joined salvage when i had pup 75 and mnk 70+ was poor and had no salvage piece the only thing u need is a good real ls
it only took me 10 months to get full usukane no to mention that the last 4 months i was only chasing around the usukane 35 body so if u luckier than me u can get full in 6 months asuming u get the body 35 easier and for the gil why worry about it when theres ks99 devil manta bcnm40 p charm normal farming crafting fishing i mean if u are not lazy and u dont suck at every way to make gil then you should be able to make around 30mil in 2 months i was able to make 30mil+ in 2 months and i was always a realy poor guy all u need is to feel motivated to go and find a way to make the gil you need and if you have 35 25s and 15s thas a big motivation to stop being lazy, i dont think more than 5% of ppl will just sit there and do notting to make gil afther finaly getting a 35 body that they wanted to craft

edit also for someone that says pup can only reach 277 now they are very wrong.

full merited h2h on B+ is 272 + faith torque thas 279 + 10h2h skill from Oberon's sainti thas 289 my mnk only gets 299 so thas only 10 less
thas notting since pup still have SP ws with way highers modifiers than asuran fist's its 33% mod vs only 10% its foolish to think that mnk ws will beat proper pups ws we have 22% mod higher and also now we got a big h2h bost on top of that they fixed the pet that already was insane and made it more powerfull since the maneubers at 75 will have biger effect and also theres now no penality for being far from mob when using the rnger pet in others words pup h2h max is 289 and pet is now more powerfull than it was im mnk 75 BB usu etx and i love my mnk but the reality here is that pup h2h is only 10 under and their pet is more than enoff to make up for it and more
[+]
 Seraph.Aena
Server: Seraph
user: Phoenixe
By Seraph.Aena 2010-03-22 12:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I am totally much more excited about the Automaton updates than the H2H, really. :D
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-03-22 12:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Premier said:
So pup can't have higher total HTH skill than mnk now....big whoop....still a huge buff for pup.

Torque 7
Merits 8?
Oberons Sainti 3~10
for a potential 25 leaving pup at 301 skill

each merit gives 2 skill, no? I forgot, but I think it does?
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-03-22 12:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Phoenix.Premier said:

Torque 7
Merits 8?
Oberons Sainti 3~10

It does.
 Phoenix.Premier
user: Premier
By Phoenix.Premier 2010-03-22 13:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Phoenix.Premier said:

Torque 7
Merits 8?
Oberons Sainti 3~10

It does.

Yea I was thinking 8 HTH merits in my head and just neglected to translate into the 16 skill.
 Ifrit.Duanyu
user: Duanyu
By Ifrit.Duanyu 2010-03-22 13:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Premier said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Phoenix.Premier said:

Torque 7
Merits 8?
Oberons Sainti 3~10

It does.

Yea I was thinking 8 HTH merits in my head and just neglected to translate into the 16 skill.

/Math, it gets me too lol
 Fenrir.Retin
Server: Fenrir
user: Jeniffer
By Fenrir.Retin 2010-03-22 14:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Full usukane for PUP in sitautions where you fists are taking action is the best gear set atm, so:)
 Siren.Eagleeyes
Server: Siren
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-03-22 14:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial said:
I'll admit, my first response when I saw it was:

I'm not a MNK or a PUP, though. I'll admit it was kinda mean of SE to basically just be like "LOL TRICKED" though.
I can't wait to shove this in my pup friend Marth mouth lol
 Phoenix.Airbag
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-03-22 14:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fairy.Miaa said:
This was like telling me I won a free large pizza of my choice and then given a single bagel-bite. ._.
Dude I love those bagel bites.

Pizza in the morning, pizza in the evening....

o -o
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-03-22 14:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

B+ ain't half bad. Now if only they'd give COR the lil extra + for marksmanship instead of dagger >_>
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2010-03-22 14:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

My guess is PUP wont get Asuran Fists, at least with this update

The trial weapon is mnk only. SE does not give the ws to jobs that cannot equip the trial weapon. If they intended to give it to pup this update, you would see the trial weapon in the dat mining results. If they are ever going to give pup Asuran Fists, it won't be until at least the next Pupdate.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-03-22 14:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said:
My guess is PUP wont get Asuran Fists, at least with this update The trial weapon is mnk only. SE does not give the ws to jobs that cannot equip the trial weapon. If they intended to give it to pup this update, you would see the trial weapon in the dat mining results. If they are ever going to give pup Asuran Fists, it won't be until at least the next Pupdate.

True, true.
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-22 14:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Retin said:
Full usukane for PUP in sitautions where you fists are taking action is the best gear set atm, so:)
Situational
[+]
 Kujata.Segaia
Server: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2010-03-22 14:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Aena said:
I am totally much more excited about the Automaton updates than the H2H, really. :D
[+]
 Bismarck.Animaal
Server: Bismarck
user: Animaal
By Bismarck.Animaal 2010-03-22 15:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Rebwolf said:
As I was a worried Monk... Let me be the first to say...
I don't know why MNKS were getting all butthurt and worried about pup getting raised H2H lol.. I laughed at the MNKs that were crying about it.
Carbuncle.Rebwolf said:
Some sort of crazy WS that can keep up with freaking sams.

We don't need a new WS. I don't have a problem keeping up with sams as mnk. sure they can get more WS off faster but still.
 Gilgamesh.Darknes
Server: Gilgamesh
user: darknes
By Gilgamesh.Darknes 2010-03-22 15:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

mnk where crying about the only one beeing able to efficiently use hand 2 hand ... many other job use same weapon , BLU and PLD use sword and none crying , BST and WAR use Axe and none crying , i guess that you have to be some sort of crybaby to lvl mnk , stop crying because somone else use your toy , my 3 year old boy show more maturity that you guys lol ,,,, Lol-cry-baby
 Hades.Ustav
Server: Hades
user: Ustav
By Hades.Ustav 2010-03-22 15:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said:
My guess is PUP wont get Asuran Fists, at least with this update

The trial weapon is mnk only. SE does not give the ws to jobs that cannot equip the trial weapon. If they intended to give it to pup this update, you would see the trial weapon in the dat mining results. If they are ever going to give pup Asuran Fists, it won't be until at least the next Pupdate.

IDK why you'd want Asuran Fist if Stringing pummel is so much better....
[+]
 Hades.Ustav
Server: Hades
user: Ustav
By Hades.Ustav 2010-03-22 15:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Fenrir.Retin said:
Situational
this
By Delion 2010-03-22 15:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I always thought ever since i leveled pup years ago that B+ would be a great improvement for the job. C rank just doesn't cut it, for ANY job >_>. Though when I saw that they were giving it A rank skill I was running around crazy crying like a school girl of happiness D:, but I kinda saw this coming and to be honest, I'm not complaining and like somebody said, everything announced was subject to changes.

Now, I am *** happy they actually did something to maneuvers. Those +1 stat boosts (+2 with AF) were pretty lame and mostly useless since they will barely make any different at all.

I can't wait to see what they did to the frames and the attachments they adjusted. More DEF(ahem more useful attachments)and Auto Regen/refresh D: I CAN HAS IT?!?!

And last but not least, ZOMG on the range attacks adjustment :D!!! That might actually make drum magazine less painful to use!
By Delion 2010-03-22 15:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

On a side note: Lolasuran, Stringing pummel 4tmfw!!!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-03-22 15:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So now cap is 256? +10 from augment weapon and +16 from merits?
Still pretty good i'd think. 282 h-h skill w/o extra equips
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-22 16:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

so after all the hype, us PUPs get B+. Well, being both of MNK and a PUP, I was hoping to get some more firepower out of PUP with the update. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers, but in this case, they can be whiny little ***.
 Fairy.Guebotermico
By Fairy.Guebotermico 2010-03-23 02:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Guebotermico said:
Carbuncle.Axle said:
So now cap is 256? 10 from augment weapon and 16 from merits?
Still pretty good i'd think. 282 h-h skill w/o extra equips

dont forget 7 from faith torque so 289
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2010-03-23 02:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

MNKs who cried over the possibility of PUP changing are more lulzy than PUP has ever been. So congratulations MNKs, its ok to put the box of tissues down and dry those puffy eyes.
[+]