Forum » FFXI » General » 1001 fail job buffs
1001 fail job buffs
 Hades.Rictor
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Spoon
By Hades.Rictor 2010-02-25 14:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yonin and Innin are absolute fail, the prior works alright for soloing with Sushi, the latter is useful for campaign, but neither is particularly useful in pt ; ;

I just want a GD Ranged Acc buff for nin!
 Alexander.Helder
Server: Alexander
user: helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-02-25 14:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mikumaru said:
Give SMNs an Ability that reduces Perp Cost and Avatar DMG but allows those near the Avatar to recieve a little , near useless , bonus AND have that bonus build over time BUT resets to 0 everytime a Bloodpact is used , thus makin the Avatar completely useless save for this insignificant Bonus thus making people think SMN is even more useless and then top it off by makin this weak *** bonus 1.) Not stackable and 2.) only givin to those in the Same PT , not alliance , as said SMN . I mean SMNs stand around doin nothing waiting for an invite and stuff anyway , why not give them an ability that allows them to do that in a PT setting . amiright?

Are you insane? The macc mab and refresh are freaking amazing to Have for endgame, avatars favor when used properly can be amazing. Throw a smn in the MT party in dyna and you have a free diabolos that gives out 3-4 mp per tick. The macc/mab is amazing for things like Kirin/fafnir.
 Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo 2010-02-25 14:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yonin did not suck for a while, was 100% "Ninja tool Expertise", till they took it :( free sneak and invisible :P
 Sylph.Shadida
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadida 2010-02-25 15:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never done any formal testing, but I've also never taken hate with Camo active, so I can't complain. I carry Htr. Jerkin +1 around w/ me for activation.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-02-25 15:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Deckard said:
BRD Piannismo actually lets you play a piano

Pianissimo refers to a volume, not an instrument. (irl) When you play an instrument, 'forte' means to play louder and 'pianissimo' means to play softer. I'm not actually sure what it does for brds though, I never leveled brd.

/former band geek off

I think it would be peachy if plds got provoke without /war, just because pld/nin's make me nervous to sidewinder or barrage. Some people might think that's fail, though. Or if thf's Perfect Dodge affected their whole party, just so I didn't feel all left out when TH-ing a boss mob and the leader bellows for everyone to 2hour now. But my 2hour won't hurt it! /sulk. How cool would that be, to be able to give your pld perfect dodge after his invincible wore off? Yeah, yeah, I know it's still fail. But it would make my poor thief feel useful to the party for something other than getting PUP to drop in dyna.
 Pandemonium.Isiolia
Server: Pandemonium
user: Isiolia
By Pandemonium.Isiolia 2010-02-25 15:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

IMO, make Innin/Yonin similar to Hasso/Seigan. A lot of non-2h jobs use /NIN as a pretty staple sub, so this would be intended to help them as a whole, in much the same way the revamp to SAM in form of those JAs helped out 2h DDs.

Reduce levels for Innin and Yonin to 30 rather than 40. Or split them up. Point is, make them subbable.

Put the same 1 minute reuse, 5 minute duration that Hasso n' Seigan have on them.

As would be logical with the above, make the ACC/EVA bonuses/penalties a fixed amount. Otherwise you'd just reapply them every minute, making the reduction over time simply a hassle.

Remove the positioning requirements.

To keep balance:

Require the player to be dual wielding (or H2H) to reap the melee benefits of Innin. Hasso only works for 2h, after all.

Cut the benefit of Yonin in half when subbed. Yes, it'd help PLDs...but it'd cut into getting TP for Atonement to ride too much, and frankly, PLD works very well regardless.

To me, that nets a potent offensive bonus for many 1h/Monk or ranged jobs that might sub NIN, giving them something far more on par with what /SAM nets 2h DDs.
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-02-25 19:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Kujata.Akeda said:
They give BLM the ability to cast AM as fast as a normal tier IV spell, but it costs them double the MP.

cool, they could totally call those spells AM II, like 'Freeze II' or something and make it a merited spell only. That'd be awsome =P

No, No. It'd be a fail job buff because there IS AM II.

It's exactly something SE would do, giving players something that sounds good in theory but is actually totally worthless.

Ifrit.Duanyu
Server: Ifrit
user: Duanyu
By Ifrit.Duanyu 2010-02-25 19:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Kujata.Akeda said:
They give BLM the ability to cast AM as fast as a normal tier IV spell, but it costs them double the MP.

cool, they could totally call those spells AM II, like 'Freeze II' or something and make it a merited spell only. That'd be awsome =P

No, No. It'd be a fail job buff because there IS AM II.

It's exactly something SE would do, giving players something that sounds good in theory but is actually totally worthless.

sarcasm, do you need it?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-25 19:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Helder said:
Phoenix.Mikumaru said:
Give SMNs an Ability that reduces Perp Cost and Avatar DMG but allows those near the Avatar to recieve a little , near useless , bonus AND have that bonus build over time BUT resets to 0 everytime a Bloodpact is used , thus makin the Avatar completely useless save for this insignificant Bonus thus making people think SMN is even more useless and then top it off by makin this weak *** bonus 1.) Not stackable and 2.) only givin to those in the Same PT , not alliance , as said SMN . I mean SMNs stand around doin nothing waiting for an invite and stuff anyway , why not give them an ability that allows them to do that in a PT setting . amiright?
Are you insane? The macc mab and refresh are freaking amazing to Have for endgame, avatars favor when used properly can be amazing. Throw a smn in the MT party in dyna and you have a free diabolos that gives out 3-4 mp per tick. The macc/mab is amazing for things like Kirin/fafnir.
The MAB/macc was there before and has nothing to do with avatars favor so is really pointless in your argument.

In fact I'd say it actually helps the other guy since doing that resets your timer to half. Not to mention you aren't gaining any mp you just sitting there using it up.

Compare this to say cor which can give that refresh out and MAB or MDB in higher amounts and only has doing do so once every few minutes and teh whole rest of the time is can be shooting or Qding or throwing a 3rd buff on another group etc...

Or a rdm that can refresh everyone give them more magic def with shell IV... sure no MAB but in that place you get what healing haste nuking etc. No one would invite a rdm that only throws up shell/pro and refresh why should smns get to be that lazy?
 Alexander.Kitsunewolf
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Kitsunewolf 2010-02-26 23:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Alexander.Helder said:
Phoenix.Mikumaru said:
The MAB/macc was there before and has nothing to do with avatars favor so is really pointless in your argument.

In fact I'd say it actually helps the other guy since doing that resets your timer to half. Not to mention you aren't gaining any mp you just sitting there using it up.

Compare this to say cor which can give that refresh out and MAB or MDB in higher amounts and only has doing do so once every few minutes and teh whole rest of the time is can be shooting or Qding or throwing a 3rd buff on another group etc...

Or a rdm that can refresh everyone give them more magic def with shell IV... sure no MAB but in that place you get what healing haste nuking etc. No one would invite a rdm that only throws up shell/pro and refresh why should smns get to be that lazy?

Ok i think you are insane... Ok i want to see red mage give a 4 mp refresh aoe with magaic attack bonus all at once... hmm i dont think they can. Plus These buffs also stack with evokers roll, refresh, wizard's roll. Also Ifrit double attack stacks with fighter's roll so thats a ton more double attack if you want to do that. Evasion bonus for helping nin tank, and magic acc helps with resist. Now lets add it up with Diabolos dream shroud that can give up to a 10% MAB and then take out Shiva that gives +10 MAB... thats like having another sorcerer's rings on you, then add cor wizard's roll that can up to 16 MAB. THIS ALL STACKS!!! or take out the shiva's favor and do leviathan's favor for acc. Still works as a nice combo. Also when you have avatars favor out u can still do BP's without to much of a hassle. if you had a fully charged buff when u BP the timer gets reset to half. so should it take normally 1min 15sec it would take 37seconds more or less. so you can still do PC or WB or NB or any Blood pack you want.