Forum » FFXI » General » 1001 fail job buffs
1001 fail job buffs
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2010-02-25 11:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Give SMNs an Ability that reduces Perp Cost and Avatar DMG but allows those near the Avatar to recieve a little , near useless , bonus AND have that bonus build over time BUT resets to 0 everytime a Bloodpact is used , thus makin the Avatar completely useless save for this insignificant Bonus thus making people think SMN is even more useless and then top it off by makin this weak *** bonus 1.) Not stackable and 2.) only givin to those in the Same PT , not alliance , as said SMN . I mean SMNs stand around doin nothing waiting for an invite and stuff anyway , why not give them an ability that allows them to do that in a PT setting . amiright?
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-25 11:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Footowork, easily.
Defender merits (because you can already keep it up fulltime if you want to, waste of a merit category lowering the recast)
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-02-25 11:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
Because /anon doesn't hide your appearance. People stand in WG and watch BLMs go by and will send them /tells asking for Retrace. Kinda hard to hide your job when you're wearing job specific gear. And before you say unequip your gear, I shouldn't have to cater to asshats that are too lazy to A)level BLM high enough to retrace themselves, B)shout for Retrace with a reward tacked on or C)walk their *** to the nearest Maw.

Could just, you know, ignore them.
I know, sounds tough, but I have faith in you.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2010-02-25 11:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think this thread will ever have 1001 posts :p
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-25 11:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Because /anon doesn't hide your appearance. People stand in WG and watch BLMs go by and will send them /tells asking for Retrace. Kinda hard to hide your job when you're wearing job specific gear. And before you say unequip your gear, I shouldn't have to cater to asshats that are too lazy to A)level BLM high enough to retrace themselves, B)shout for Retrace with a reward tacked on or C)walk their *** to the nearest Maw.

Could just, you know, ignore them.
I know, sounds tough, but I have faith in you.

Right and you could of ignored my comment that was directed at the obvious joke posted by someone else but instead you chose to respond. It didn't really turn into a bitchfest til people started poking and probing it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-02-25 11:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

"Oh no, I've been told so I'm going to make it seem like I was joking the whole time."
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-25 11:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
"Oh no, I've been told so I'm going to make it seem like I was joking the whole time."

Learn to read. I said I directed my comment at the obvious joke. Never said I was joking. Dumbass.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-02-25 12:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

In that case, why come in a joke thread and get all forcerials with your personal issue about people throwing gil at you but refuse to run around nekkid?
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-25 12:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
In that case, why come in a joke thread and get all forcerials with your personal issue about people throwing gil at you but refuse to run around nekkid?

Again, I didn't start bitching til people started asking questions. The first comment was just a simple statement about how it would be better for me if they did take Retrace away from BLM. A small joke so-to-speak but one I actually mean.
[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2010-02-25 12:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

i thought this was about lame/dumb/broke JAs/Buffs/stuffs not about the pain of being BLM ?
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-02-25 12:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Footowork, easily.
Defender merits (because you can already keep it up fulltime if you want to, waste of a merit category lowering the recast)

That's actually a merit on WAR?
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-02-25 12:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, I'm kind of unsure about what the OP is asking for.

What "buffs" SE gave to jobs that are 100% fail?

Or what "buffs" do we think SE would give said jobs that would be 100% fail?

If it's the first, then I'd say Ninja's Yonin and Innin. They both fail... hard, in that they both share the same five minute cooldown, and once dispelled or paralyze proc's when using them, gg SE.

Why couldn't they just made it work like Hasso and Seigan, I wonder. Give it the same cooldown as those, with the same duration, and make it so they aren't linked. :/
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-25 12:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's your second choice. What buffs we'd most likely see from SE that would be fail.
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-02-25 12:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, then SE finally giving SAM's Godmode. Definitely.

SE making Samurai Absolute Virtue's only weakness.

SE renaming Final Fantasy XI to Final Samurai XI.

Would be fail if they kept buffing Samurai even more, while giving all the other jobs crappy buffs.

Ninja Editted for more.
[+]
 Sylph.Deckard
user: Deckard
By Sylph.Deckard 2010-02-25 12:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

BRD Piannismo actually lets you play a piano
[+]
 Sylph.Shadida
By Sylph.Shadida 2010-02-25 12:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Announcing that RNG would get a enmity reduction based on distance to target and then taking it back in the update notes. God that pissed me off.
 Asura.Ericka
Server: Asura
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-02-25 12:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
Phoenix.Slytribal said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Bahamut. said:
Take away Retrace and Recall spells from BLM and WHM and give them to SCH. >.> Win for SCHs, fail for those shouting for Retraces.
Win for BLMs actually. I wouldn't get /tells from complete strangers begging me for a Retrace while i'm running through Whitegate on BLM.

As long as they will pay, how is a simple task like that bad?

Because I'm busy and it's a little rude to beg others for something even if they're willing to pay.

Why not just /anon when you're busy on Blm like that?

I remember when BLMs complained about not having something other then Warp II to make some side gil.... Never Thought a BLM would Be pissed at Retrace Tell(s) lol..
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-25 12:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadida said:
Announcing that RNG would get a enmity reduction based on distance to target and then taking it back in the update notes. God that pissed me off.

Yes it did... bad enough the camouflage buff doesn't work for ***, they take away the enmity- which was the most wanted/needed part of the RNG update.
 Sylph.Deckard
By Sylph.Deckard 2010-02-25 12:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK get Chiblast2 that has a chance of stun depending on TP
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-25 12:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ericka said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Phoenix.Slytribal said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Bahamut. said:
Take away Retrace and Recall spells from BLM and WHM and give them to SCH. >.> Win for SCHs, fail for those shouting for Retraces.
Win for BLMs actually. I wouldn't get /tells from complete strangers begging me for a Retrace while i'm running through Whitegate on BLM.

As long as they will pay, how is a simple task like that bad?

Because I'm busy and it's a little rude to beg others for something even if they're willing to pay.

Why not just /anon when you're busy on Blm like that?

I remember when BLMs complained about not having something other then Warp II to make some side gil.... Never Thought a BLM would Be pissed at Retrace Tell(s) lol..

We can't just let it go. I have no problem retracing people when I have time. However that's for people doing /shouts in WG or whatever. They actually use common courtesy and wait patiently for someone to Retrace them. Instead, you get people who beg you through /tell for a Retrace and then get an attitude when you say no.

"What? You can't take 30 seconds to Retrace me?"

No. I can not take 30 seconds to retrace you. I'm busy doing something else. If I wanted to retrace you, I'd of done it but I said no and would like to move on now.

Not to mention money has nothing to do with this. I have plenty of money. I don't need the money from Retraces.
 Sylph.Shadida
By Sylph.Shadida 2010-02-25 12:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
Sylph.Shadida said:

Yes it did... bad enough the camouflage buff doesn't work for ***, they take away the enmity- which was the most wanted/needed part of the RNG update.

Did anyone ever test the enmity reduction for Camo? I use it but I can't be sure if it has a big effect or not.
 Sylph.Deckard
By Sylph.Deckard 2010-02-25 12:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

*Retraces Oddie* shuddup ho...
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-25 12:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadida said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Sylph.Shadida said:

Did anyone ever test the enmity reduction for Camo? I use it but I can't be sure if it has a big effect or not.

I haven't seen anyone do a thorough test on it but from my personal experience, it doesn't seem to be a difference maker.
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-02-25 12:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadida said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Sylph.Shadida said:

I have. When I did my own tests in a level 55ish sync, I'd usually pull hate right off the bat after the Paladin would use the initial provoke/flash by the time my 2nd~3rd shot landed.

But when I used Camo and shot behind it after the Paladin's initial provoke/flash, I was able to shoot at least 4~5 times before it noticed me.

Ninja Edit: For reference, I was dealing around ~200 per arrow.
 Sylph.Deckard
By Sylph.Deckard 2010-02-25 12:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not find a better tank...
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-02-25 12:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

2 new scholar abilities!
<insert name> Requires 1 stratagem charge, Dark Arts: Increases the potency of your next healing spell by 10%

<insert name> Requires 1 stratagem charge, Light Arts: Increases the potency of your next elemental spell by 10%

That way you can still nuke in Light Arts and heal in Dark Arts!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-25 12:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Deckard said:

I'd love to meet the tank that can consistently hold hate off a decently geared RNG going all-out against birds.
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-02-25 12:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Sylph.Deckard said:

I'd love to meet the tank that can consistently hold hate off a decently geared RNG going all-out against birds.
Ditto, Lol.
[+]
 Sylph.Deckard
By Sylph.Deckard 2010-02-25 12:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

No im just being E-sarcastic sorry forgot to hit the button.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-02-25 14:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninja, it was fail when it started, it was fail when it got crappy new JAs, its STILL fail because it was made of 100% home-grown, pure bred FAIL!