Caitsith.Jadi
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-02-11 21:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
why do people go ALL EMO on smn burns?
besides, there ARE people that get a job to 75 through smn burns and play it better than most people that have been 75 for a long time

Years ago people said the same thing about Power Leveling.

"Wahh Power Leveled players wont know how to play their job!!"

Ya know.. sometimes I wonder if all you people bitching really are half as elite as you think you are.

I've played since NA release, I don't know if I'm a good player yet, I don't worry about it very much because I just have fun with the game.. I do love them smn burns though. The game changes.. it's gotten easier, fact of life, if Maat's cap is too easy now and you wana act like a bad *** to all your noob *** friends I guess you'll have to go do something harder won't ya.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-11 21:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jadi said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
why do people go ALL EMO on smn burns?
besides, there ARE people that get a job to 75 through smn burns and play it better than most people that have been 75 for a long time

Years ago people said the same thing about Power Leveling.

"Wahh Power Leveled players wont know how to play their job!!"

Ya know.. sometimes I wonder if all you people bitching really are half as elite as you think you are.

I've played since NA release, I don't know if I'm a good player yet, I don't worry about it very much because I just have fun with the game.. I do love them smn burns though. The game changes.. it's gotten easier, fact of life, if Maat's cap is too easy now and you wana act like a bad *** to all your noob *** friends I guess you'll have to go do something harder won't ya.

I've never claimed nor thought I am elite.

Power levelling is different to a certain extent. I don't mind power levelling if all the people in the party are doing something. My main problem is the leechers in smn burn parties, I have no problem with the smn's doing it for exp or merits, it's fine, they are actually doing something. My gripe is with the players who sit in the tunnel AFK for an hour, and then get levels for literally no work, and just gil.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-02-11 21:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
stuff posted above
If they're not hurting you, your friends, and they're wasting their own gil to leech XP
then who cares?
even if they're leeching, they're still spending gil
these ''zomg SMN burn haterade'' threads in ffxiah aren't funny either
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-11 21:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Quote:
stuff posted above
If they're not hurting you, your friends, and they're wasting their own gil to leech XP
then who cares?
even if they're leeching, they're still spending gil
these ''zomg SMN burn haterade'' threads in ffxiah aren't funny either

I do. It pisses me off to know they've done nothing to get those levels but spend gil. I've seen by far more posts advocating the use of smn burns than 'hating' on them.

And after all this is a forum, it is where Opinions come into play, if you can't handle other people 'caring' I suggest spending less time on a forum.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-11 21:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Takes work to make gil and I could arguably EXP afk in a normal party. I can even get decent EXP/HR doing it solo in Campaign. Your point is moot.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-11 22:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Takes work to make gil and I could arguably EXP afk in a normal party. I can even get decent EXP/HR doing it solo in Campaign. Your point is moot.

You'd get kicked from a normal party, unless it was full of people who would tolerate it (I wouldn't and neither would most people).

So what exactly do you do in campaign to get this AFK exp? As last time I checked you at least had to engage a mob.

Just because you don't agree with my opinion, doesn't make it 'moot'.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-02-11 22:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

the thing is..... there are just soooooooooooooo many threads related about SMN burns, and they all end in /ragestorm
and
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
this, pretty much..... even if they're in an HNMLS they still have to show up to events/dragon's aery/ to earn their gil
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-11 22:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You've never AFK DD'd at endgame? ***'s easy. Not quite as easy in EXP, but still doable. Engage, AFK. Engage, AFK. WS if you happen to look up at a good time. I spend as much time IMing friends or surfing the internet as I do actually playing FFXI in most parties. Only time I'm fully there is a really good party or a parse. I do make an effort to pay attention at events though, ***'s a little different from EXP.

Campaign I do a few different agas for hate, die, reraise, repeat, afk while double weak. DDs have a bit more trouble of it but I generally only Campaign for a quick buffer on BLM anyway.

Regardless, my first point holds. Work was still done for that EXP, just farming or events rather than the mostly worthless drawn-out grind of EXP.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-02-11 22:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
You'd get kicked from a normal party, unless it was full of people who would tolerate it (I wouldn't and neither would most people). So what exactly do you do in campaign to get this AFK exp? As last time I checked you at least had to engage a mob. Just because you don't agree with my opinion, doesn't make it 'moot'.

BRD actually can level semi-afk (if they're not pulling), and melees can engage, semi-afk, WS every 100% TP and that
this is assuming pre-meripo parties
Edit: what Night just said above
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-11 22:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
the thing is..... there are just soooooooooooooo many threads related about SMN burns, and they all end in /ragestorm
and
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
this, pretty much..... even if they're in an HNMLS they still have to show up to events/dragon's aery/ to earn their gil

Or buy it from an RMT. Gil can be easy to come across, but most people who actually level multiple jobs from 1-75 via smn burn won't have the disposable income to support it. (Here comes E-peeners claiming they have 20billion) therefore most are going to use RMT services to get the gil.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-11 22:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
and
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Or buy it from an RMT. Gil can be easy to come across, but most people who actually level multiple jobs from 1-75 via smn burn won't have the disposable income to support it. (Here comes E-peeners claiming they have 20billion) therefore most are going to use RMT services to get the gil.
The *** does this have to do with anything? Time spent not wasting hours on 6k/hr parties (if that) is time you can spend farming to pay for EXP and still have time left over. That's assuming you actually pay to burn, lol. I've never done so. Don't try to make stupid and largely invalid implications in here plzkthx.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-11 22:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
You've never AFK DD'd at endgame? ***'s easy. Not quite as easy in EXP, but still doable. Engage, AFK. Engage, AFK. WS if you happen to look up at a good time. I spend as much time IMing friends or surfing the internet as I do actually playing FFXI in most parties. Only time I'm fully there is a really good party or a parse. I do make an effort to pay attention at events though, ***'s a little different from EXP.

Campaign I do a few different agas for hate, die, reraise, repeat, afk while double weak. DDs have a bit more trouble of it but I generally only Campaign for a quick buffer on BLM anyway.

Regardless, my first point holds. Work was still done for that EXP, just farming or events rather than the mostly worthless drawn-out grind of EXP.

Nope. I actually pay attention in the parties I play in, the whole good FFXI player shenanigan I try to uphold.

Also, how is doing any of that the same as sitting in a tunnel AFK? Yes campaign may easier than concentrating in a party, but it is still more active than sitting in the tunnel as a leech. (where you do nothing)

My point still stands, you are gaining experience for no zero effort involved.
[+]
 Fairy.Brenda
Server: Fairy
user: Jornna
By Fairy.Brenda 2010-02-11 22:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You heard it here. SMN Burns = RMT.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-11 22:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

What can I say? I'm a busy guy, if I need to be there I'm all there but nobody's ever said anything.
Quote:
So tell me, what do you do for gil?
Fairy.Brenda said:
Also this lol
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-11 22:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
and
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

The *** does this have to do with anything? Time spent not wasting hours on 6k/hr parties (if that) is time you can spend farming to pay for EXP and still have time left over. That's assuming you actually pay to burn, lol. I've never done so. Don't try to make stupid and largely invalid implications in here plzkthx.

You are never going to farm that much gil to uphold the prices the majority make people spend. You seem to hate partying an incredible amount, so if they fixed summoner burning I assume you'd leave the game? And the fact that you got it free (assuming 1-75) is worse than paying for it.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-11 22:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
What can I say? I'm a busy guy, if I need to be there I'm all there but nobody's ever said anything.
Quote:
So tell me, what do you do for gil?
Fairy.Brenda said:
Also this lol

I farm my gil, normally NM's as they come up for big drops, and occasionally KSNM's.

And I never claimed that snm burning = RMT's, but if someone is burning 5+ jobs at 500k a pull you can assume the only way they're supporting their habit is through buying gil.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-02-11 22:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

farm = won't get you enough money to spend on stuff
it's called BCNMs, KSNMs and ENMs yo
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-11 22:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

And thank you again forums for dragging me in to the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE debate on smn burning, Everything has been said so much and frankly I don't care, do what the *** you want, but I'll still feel the same way, and any excuses you can make up won't change my mind.

Have fun.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-11 22:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
You are never going to farm that much gil to uphold the prices the majority make people spend. You seem to hate partying an incredible amount, so if they fixed summoner burning I assume you'd leave the game? And the fact that you got it free (assuming 1-75) is worse than paying for it.
First, stop making false implications. It's stupid and makes you look stupid; I'd rather have an intelligent discussion. Otherwise you're just wasting my time again.

Some people can crank out pretty good gil/hr, especially if they get a paycheck from an HNM shell. Just the way it is. I hate partying, yes. It takes far longer than I need to actually learn to play a given job and I don't like partying with idiots who can't pull their weight. That's where the whole AFK thing started creeping in. No, I wouldn't leave the game over not being able to SMNburn. I hardly ever head down to the tunnel anyway, when I do it's with an LSmate so I'm not paying anyway. Besides, I contribute with SMN or COR. I just understand that it's incredibly efficient EXP.

EDIT: Goddamn, so because you can't do it it's impossible, got it. Get your fallacies way the *** out of here and make sure the door hits you in the *** on the way out, ok?
[+]
 Valefor.Lisamarie
Server: Valefor
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2010-02-11 22:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't have to exp a job "regularly" to 75 to know how to play it.

You can't argue how effecient astral burns are.
[+]
By Shinyu 2010-02-11 22:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

just wanted to say ya mom! <3 im just kidding i love all your moms except the dead ones xD jk SMN burns dont = RMT i know plenty of ls that burn on a regular basis its how i make easy 100k just for a wasted 2hr if im lucky :/
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-11 22:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Quote:
First, stop making false implications. It's stupid and makes you look stupid; I'd rather have an intelligent discussion. Otherwise you're just wasting my time again.

Some people can crank out pretty good gil/hr, especially if they get a paycheck from an HNM shell. Just the way it is. I hate partying, yes. It takes far longer than I need to actually learn to play a given job and I don't like partying with idiots who can't pull their weight. That's where the whole AFK thing started creeping in. No, I wouldn't leave the game over not being able to SMNburn. I hardly ever head down to the tunnel anyway, when I do it's with an LSmate so I'm not paying anyway. Besides, I contribute with SMN or COR. I just understand that it's incredibly efficient EXP.

EDIT: Goddamn, so because you can't do it it's impossible, got it. Get your fallacies way the *** out of here and make sure the door hits you in the *** on the way out, ok?

*sneak in*

Mmkay, enjoy your broken game style.

*sneak out*
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-11 22:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Blah blah blah, you (you specifically, not necessarily everyone) couldn't make a sound argument against SMNburning if you tried. Nobody cares, go away.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-11 22:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Blah blah blah, you (you specifically, not necessarily everyone) couldn't make a sound argument against SMNburning if you tried. Nobody cares, go away.

It breeds people like you who think it's ok to go AFK in party situations.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-11 22:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Smn burners sucK!
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-11 22:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Developed that mentality long before I started burning (which was earlier this week, though I've advocated it for some time) when I discovered I could top the parse in most parties without even trying. If your party isn't gonna make me work, why the *** should I carry the party?

Obviously I'm not going to play AFK on a healer or tank, but that's a whole other can of worms.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eanae
Server: Cerberus
user: Eanae
By Cerberus.Eanae 2010-02-11 22:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cry. More.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-11 22:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eanae said:
Cry. More.
[+]
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-02-11 22:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

If someone smn burns all their jobs to higher levels they can't truly understand how to play the job the right way, I'm sure this has been said before but I'm saying it again.

I myself really don't care if someone does, or does not smn burn.
If they want to gimp themselves then by all means have at er.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-11 22:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Developed that mentality long before I started burning (which was earlier this week, though I've advocated it for some time) when I discovered I could top the parse in most parties without even trying. If your party isn't gonna make me work, why the *** should I carry the party?

Obviously I'm not going to play AFK on a healer or tank, but that's a whole other can of worms.

As what? What type of party and logs please.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8