Maat's Cap ...N Smn Burns... >_>
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Toufu
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2010-02-11 15:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

GOD! *** NOOBS! WHY BACK IN MY DAY WE DIDN'T GET 80EXP FOR A DECENT CHALLENGE MOB!

*Cough* Okay, I'm done...
[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2010-02-11 15:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Phoenix.Mikumaru said:
Hades.Cheyne said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Phoenix.Mikumaru said:
If you see one and are impressed then its a symbol of Achievment no matter how its gained . Youre still capped @ 70 for the fight until you get the Cap , so having the job @ 75 doesnt help all that much .
What is this I don't even
This kinda proves the stupidity of people who burn doesn't it?
i shoulddnt smoke so much pot , youre right . sorry dad . mah bad . Hyp , which word did you not understand ? i'll happily clear it up for joo ;)
The part where you've obviously haven't fought Maat on a job higher than 70 (or more than once apart from your Shattering Stars fight).
SMN , RDM , BLM . in that order . no i am not goin for the hat . i feel that in order to know a job , you have to beat Maat . I feel that way probly because i did it with no merits on RDM or BLM . so maybe i am talkin out of my *** , but if you can Beat it for G5 w/o any of the 'perks' of already having it @ 75 , whats the difference . he goes down like a prom dress either way . I'm sorry you concentrated on the wrong part of my wall of text . mah bad . the entire wall is summed up in the final 'centance' .
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-11 15:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-02-11 16:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the level of achievement for a Maat's cap is still the same, if you let it be. Only those totally preoccupied with what everyone else is doing will let how other people go about getting it annoy them.

Simply put, live and let live. Nobody else's methods of Maat's cap takes away from how you got yours, how long it took, etc. It shouldn't matter to anyone that somebody did something quicker than them. If it does, they've got their priorities askew.
 Bismarck.Hisagi
Server: Bismarck
user: junpei87
By Bismarck.Hisagi 2010-02-11 16:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

LFP for 1 hour is just dumb,make PT's(if there is no ppl just do somethingelse) and stop emoing on smn burns.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-11 16:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know why everyone keeps saying it takes hours to get a PT. I make the majority of mine if I don't get an invite for 30 mins. Again there is no point in this argument anymore. Some people hate smn burning, some people couldn't live without it.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-02-11 16:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I don't know why everyone keeps saying it takes hours to get a PT. I make the majority of mine if I don't get an invite for 30 mins. Again there is no point in this argument anymore. Some people hate smn burning, some people couldn't live without it.
Come to Garuda. At any given time there will be like 10-20 people seeking 55-74, but there won't be any healers or any tanks or any other key rolls to make your party.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-11 16:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Come to Garuda. At any given time there will be like 10-20 people seeking 55-74, but there won't be any healers or any tanks or any other key rolls to make your party.

FoV whilst seeking? There's always ways to get experience that's more profitable than sitting in Jeuno/WG complaining about the lack of invites.
 Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone 2010-02-11 16:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spiriel said:

Astral Burns completely defeat the purpose of everything between level 1 and level 75, and make stupid players. End statement. You learn "little tricks" and get a feel for your job by doing the damn work. An Astral Burned player is no better than a PLD that spent level 25-60 synced in Qufim Island to keep from having to pay for gear. No ACTUAL experience, no skill, no brains. Boot 'em into Whitegate with every piece of gear they own Bazaar'd for 1 gil.

I guess this describes me. I burnt my SMN. I burnt my SCH. Am I ashamed? Hell no. I love burning. In fact, I'd say it's a lot of fun sometimes.

I DID NOT burn my WHM, RDM and BLM. So, according to what you stated, I suck and I should just quit. If you're on Quetz and want my gear, let me know (no, not really quitting).

I don't care how you got your 75. I just care that you can play the job you brought and have the proper gear.

Who's done the lvl 37 Colibri camp? How about Chigoe burn? Level sync party? Let's drag up power leveling. If SMN burn insults your sensibilities, then these methods should as well. If I understand correctly, the only REAL way to level a job is to grind on and find people about your level and NEVER use level sync. Is that correct?

Maat's Cap is just an item. That's all. Doesn't make you uber or anything. You're playing a game and have spent how much time of your life playing it?

Why must we drone on about this? Opinions are like ***. Everyone's got one and they all stink.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-02-11 16:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

FoV whilst seeking?
The point was: it can take longer than 30 mins to LFP and you won't always be able to make your own. That's why everyone keeps saying it takes hours to get a PT.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-02-11 16:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone said:
Maat's Cap is just an item. That's all. Doesn't make you uber or anything.
I disagree. I'm Hypnotizd+1 now. ;P
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-11 16:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spiriel said:

Astral Burns completely defeat the purpose of everything between level 1 and level 75, and make stupid players. End statement. You learn "little tricks" and get a feel for your job by doing the damn work. An Astral Burned player is no better than a PLD that spent level 25-60 synced in Qufim Island to keep from having to pay for gear. No ACTUAL experience, no skill, no brains. Boot 'em into Whitegate with every piece of gear they own Bazaar'd for 1 gil.

I guess this describes me. I burnt my SMN. I burnt my SCH. Am I ashamed? Hell no. I love burning. In fact, I'd say it's a lot of fun sometimes.

I DID NOT burn my WHM, RDM and BLM. So, according to what you stated, I suck and I should just quit. If you're on Quetz and want my gear, let me know (no, not really quitting).

I don't care how you got your 75. I just care that you can play the job you brought and have the proper gear.

Who's done the lvl 37 Colibri camp? How about Chigoe burn? Level sync party? Let's drag up power leveling. If SMN burn insults your sensibilities, then these methods should as well. If I understand correctly, the only REAL way to level a job is to grind on and find people about your level and NEVER use level sync. Is that correct?

Maat's Cap is just an item. That's all. Doesn't make you uber or anything. You're playing a game and have spent how much time of your life playing it?

Why must we drone on about this? Opinions are like ***. Everyone's got one and they all stink.

How is Leeching in a smn burn party the same as doing your job in a 37 Colibri party?
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-02-11 16:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

why do people go ALL EMO on smn burns?
besides, there ARE people that get a job to 75 through smn burns and play it better than most people that have been 75 for a long time
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-11 17:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as you can perform as expected it's all good. Otherwise you'll quickly find yourself getting a swift kick in the rear when it comes to merit parties, HNM shells, etc.
[+]
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-02-11 17:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

For all yall hating on smn burning go "eat a filthy *** strait off the toilet after a 30 minute diarrhea" :0
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone 2010-02-11 17:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spiriel said:
How is Leeching in a smn burn party the same as doing your job in a 37 Colibri party?

You still didn't experience the hardships of your job at levels 43-ish through 75.
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-02-11 17:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spiriel said:
Bismark.Altar said:
For the record, I smn burned my Summoner, and I've burned about 20 merits as well, but have no plans to burn a new job to 75 or anything; So I'm a lot like you, except I have no problems with people who burn Maats caps.
Especially those people that never use the burned jobs, but people who wanted the cap for eg. ws piece on Sam
^ this is why I hate astral burns. You just relegated a difficult to obtain piece of gear that was a sign of a truly devoted and skilled player to be looked up to into a mere WEAPON SKILL PIECE.

Astral burns didn't do that. SE did when they made wala turban.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-11 17:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Well ponder this for a minute. Why would FFXI contain level capped missions/battles/BCNMs/Assaults/Quests if it only mattered knowing what your job does at 75?

Every class goes through dramatic changes of playstyle and trials through various level ranges. Although level sync has made it easier to rush through to 75, don't forget its initial purpose was for high level people to still participate with lower level friends without having to compromise inventory of keeping level capped gear.

I have more respect for those who level a job traditionally and go through the ups and downs and actually take the time and patience to learn their class as it progresses through the phases, however, that's not to say everyone who ABs is completely clueless. As long as you're able to perform as needed/expected, all is well; regardless of how you got there~
 Ramuh.Lucried
Server: Ramuh
user: Lucried
By Ramuh.Lucried 2010-02-11 17:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

i love these threads they provide so much entertainment. my opinion i dont give a flying **** how someone got to 75, provided they 1 can play the said job, 2 made decent progress in getting skills up to par, 3 arnt geared like a complete moron. honestly all these pl QQing about smn burns is rather funny esp since i can almost garentee every last one of em has used level sync, which really isnt much different at all. dont believe me lets do a compairison

SKILLS:

smn burn: no skill gain

level sync: no skill gain if you are not the synced person.

ok now i can already see what the following qq posts would be like. but luc at least in lvl sync you get some skills. sure i wont deny that but seriously is it really THAT difficault to skill, i dont think so. ive had little/no trouble soloing most skills up to 220 at the very least. its not really that hard. moving on.

EXPERIENCE:

smn burn: 22k in with 15mins of work mostly on the pullers behalf give or take.

level sync: XXk in however long your pt feels like going for, or till sync has outleveled the current xp area.

sure smn burn gets a really huge burst of xp in little time. but after that they are completly reliant on one of 2 things. 1 twohour timers, 2 getting cor to 2hr them and hope for reset.
where as level sync as long as you dont have a group of complete idiots xp is pretty good over 10k hour in most places and can even get as high as 18k hr or at least that is my experience. i guess heres where pl have the huge ethics debate, the whole so and so isnt learning thier job and all that jazz. but really same problem accures in lvl sync just not as fast.

ive personally havnt smn burned any of my jobs on my main char. i got my maats the old fashion way. great yay. but in the end its just an item, and nobody really gives 2 craps if a person has it or not. i know i dont. nor do i assume every maats cap out there was smn burned. sure pl do it. it dont bother me much.

in conclusion there are better things to QQ about in ffxi than stupid pointless things like this. for instance SE's love for the 5% drop rates on everything including TH4, haha.

[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-11 17:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spiriel said:

You still didn't experience the hardships of your job at levels 43-ish through 75.

Yet you still have to play your job, and not just walk off and have a cup of tea whilst someone else does the work (A similar service offered by RMT's)

Also the majority of people who level up 'The old fashioned way' don't keep syncing to 37. Most people who level up 'The old fashioned way' go Dunes > Qufim > Jungles > East Ronfaure (S) > Crawlers/Altep > Kuftal > Wajoam > (sometimes Aydewha(Sp)) > Bhaflau > Caedarva Mire

There is a lot of change between those levels which help in learning your job.

If I'm at crawlers level and I get offered a 37 ronfaure pt then I'll say yes, But that doesn't I'll say no to everything else because it's too slow >.>
[+]
 Odin.Ahligieri
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2010-02-11 17:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Cheyne
Server: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2010-02-11 18:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually don't get too much into these big discussion threads, but as a Maat's Cap owner myself I dislike SMN burns. Yes I know it's ironic that I did my SMN through burns, and honestly I wish I could take it back. It may seem like a huge chunk of time in the long run but the gratification of beating him on that last job knowing you really did earn it is great.

I can also understand why people take the easy way out and just burn all their jobs to 75 and skill up later. And in my opinion those people don't get the full satisfaction of the game and earning their hat. Leveling can be a pain, especially when you get those parties where you die 4 times in an hour and make 2k and are lucky to break even. But it's all part of the game.

I earned my hat (Bar SMN) and I'm proud of it.
[+]
 Odin.Kalico
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-02-11 18:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Cheyne said:
I usually don't get too much into these big discussion threads, but as a Maat's Cap owner myself I dislike SMN burns. Yes I know it's ironic that I did my SMN through burns, and honestly I wish I could take it back. It may seem like a huge chunk of time in the long run but the gratification of beating him on that last job knowing you really did earn it is great. I can also understand why people take the easy way out and just burn all their jobs to 75 and skill up later. And in my opinion those people don't get the full satisfaction of the game and earning their hat. Leveling can be a pain, especially when you get those parties where you die 4 times in an hour and make 2k and are lucky to break even. But it's all part of the game. I earned my hat (Bar SMN) and I'm proud of it.

Well your gimp unless you D'lv smn to 1 then xp it to 75, so until then I can't acknowledge you have a maats cap. :0
 Asura.Patriclis
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2010-02-11 18:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear Sir/Madame

We here at the moan and groan society invite you to join the "I hate SMN burns club". We have regular meetings every Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 6:00PM EST to 9:00PM EST to talk about what we hate about summoner burns so everyone else in the club can agree with us and we can pretend that we accomplished something special by not SMN burning.

Upon joining the club you can also go to www.quit-yer-b**tchin'.org and sign up to receive your free "I did things the hard way and all I got was this stupid shirt" T-shirt (Shipping charges may still apply to some locations outside the U.S.).

Sincerely
Sir.Criesalot
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-02-11 18:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I don't care how you got your 75. I just care that you can play the job you brought and have the proper gear

QFT.

and there are also some people who got to 75 the normal way and still don't know how to play their job.

SMN burns are really no different then Merit Parties.
 Asura.Patriclis
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2010-02-11 18:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spiriel said:
this is why I hate astral burns. You just relegated a difficult to obtain piece of gear that was a sign of a truly devoted and skilled player to be looked up to into a mere WEAPON SKILL PIECE.

Maat's cap only requires having jobs to 66 to obtain and there are people who get their jobs to 66 then get a maat's cap for a SAM WS piece or whatever, this has been happening before SMN burns, now it's just easier to do. And saying someone who has maat's cap is a skilled player is a sad joke. there are lots of people who have maat's cap and don't know their jobs because they simply leveled them for the hat then sold the gear when the maat fight is over with, they don't care about half the jobs they level. Personally im glad these people are out there summoner burning instead of wasting my time by joining my parties.

[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-11 19:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Patriclis said:
Dear Sir/Madame

We here at the easy cop out society invite you to join the "I SMN burn club". We have regular meetings every Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 6:00PM EST to 9:00PM EST to talk about how everyone who doesn't summoner burn is a nerd so everyone else in the club can agree with us and we can pretend that we are as good at our jobs by SMN burning.

Upon joining the club you can also go to www.brosale.com and sign up to receive your free "Next time I'll just get RMT's to do it" T-shirt (Shipping charges may still apply to some locations outside the U.S.).

Sincerely
Sir.IthinkFFXIistoohard

Fix'd
[+]
 Shiva.Lucant
user: Lucant
By Shiva.Lucant 2010-02-11 20:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

who cares,exp is exp
 Kujata.Maidak
Server: Kujata
user: Maidak
By Kujata.Maidak 2010-02-11 21:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

welp it was cool for gettin one job to 75 and having to do soo much less grinding.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8