Deadliest Duo Experiment!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Deadliest Duo Experiment!
Deadliest Duo Experiment!
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-01-20 21:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i see that "ABOUT TIME" and the omgs there ent lol
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-01-20 21:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny story actually. And by "Funny", I mean annoying as all-hell. No matter what when we try to kill that NM (SCH/RDM, RDM/NIN, THF/NIN (for TH)), something will always come up. The RDM and THF are on the same internet and have a crappy ISP so that would generally end up to them disconnecting anywhere between 20% and 5% or so, on average. One day I just got fed up with it and decided to solo. I got it to 15% myself before running out of Shihei because I'm an idiot.

In the end, that was our 19th attempt, but only our second actual kill so we were really 1/2, not counting deaths, disconnects, and general misfortune.
[+]
 Hades.Mander
Server: Hades
user: Mander
By Hades.Mander 2010-01-20 22:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

who duos? DRG/BLU or gtfo
[+]
 Ifrit.Rendra
Server: Ifrit
user: Rendra
By Ifrit.Rendra 2010-01-21 03:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried duoing the ENM Sheep in Antlion's clothing did pretty well but could not get the NM to repop afterwards just the mini's going to try again next week was DRG/BLU and DRG/WHM.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inga
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inga
By Ragnarok.Inga 2010-01-21 04:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Rendra said:
I tried duoing the ENM Sheep in Antlion's clothing did pretty well but could not get the NM to repop afterwards just the mini's going to try again next week was DRG/BLU and DRG/WHM.

>_> get the MS paint map, if that don't work then get apradar, if that still don't work, well then you're boned.
 Quetzalcoatl.Gavvy
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kumbai
By Quetzalcoatl.Gavvy 2010-01-21 05:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I've duo'd salvage bosses... soloed sky gods... Killing an IT mob isn't exactly difficult assuming you know what you're doing.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-21 06:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Me and ls member duod Gration (lv 79 NM) 4 times in a row the other day. each kill took a little more than 1 hour lol. RDM/NIN x2 =P

Shouldn't take 1 hour with two people! If you play aggressively I reckon you can do it in 30 or so with 2 good RDM/NINs. Solo, my quickest time was about 40~ though this was "balls to the wall".
[+]
 Valefor.Shepardg
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Shepardg 2010-01-21 07:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Blm/nin and Rdm/nin VS. Anyu-casyda (drops cinqueda)

-well over 70% triple attack rate.
-spams leaping cleave (1500+ Single target,through shadows)
-zone nuke/dot fight
-possibly a longer solo

Took 3 of us 1 blm/nin 2x rdm/nin about 15-20 minutes to dot/nuke this guy. He will litterly wipe your 3 shadows almost every time you hit the zone line. He has around 20,000 HP, is highly resistent to dark based spells/abilities, and is surrounded by sight and sound mobs. it's still surprisingly not to bad of a fight. I say we trio'd it, but I basically just stood there sneak and invis'd when the blm and the other rdm got into a rhythm.
 Carbuncle.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Carbuncle
user: dameshi
By Carbuncle.Dameshi 2010-01-21 09:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

64 BLU x2 against Gigas' Tiger in Vunkerl Inlet (IT High defense) = win :)
 Fenrir.Rinielenika
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Rinielenika 2010-01-21 09:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I dont nessicarily qualify since we used items to get a spot of MP back... but my BF and I duo'd ZM16 against Eldnarche? :X Took us 4 tries and I was new to RDM/NIN... but we did it? :X

Used MP item on the second part of the battle. One each only. I has a lolvideo posted on youtube but I wont link unless anyone really wants to see that... hah.

Congrats to everyone!
And I think even just VT up to bigger solos of limbus and ENM's and other vicious NM's is still valid! Not everyone tries the harder stuff, and not everyone really wants to either. I like playing with my friends ;3
 Titan.Iambatman
Server: Titan
By Titan.Iambatman 2010-01-21 11:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I have soloed Lamia no.5 outside the staging point (lvl 83 NM) on my tarutaru bst. took about 25~ 30 mins

1/1 on boots ^^

bst/whm no potions or anything just reg rest while pet kills incase i get hit with reqliem (sp) which i did 1-2 times during pet swap.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-21 11:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Dameshi said:
64 BLU x2 against Gigas' Tiger in Vunkerl Inlet (IT High defense) = win :)
Meh most good blms can kill pets up until high 60s with just 1 flare. Well this was awhile there are new higher pet camps now so not sure really if they can go higher. I had to switch to Qiqirn after that /sigh
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-21 11:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva and I can duo IT Aura Statues in sky in 10 seconds.

Probably less than that.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-21 12:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Were not even on the same server!!! I'd so chainspell stuff just cause he said I could 2hr
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-21 12:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Were not even on the same server!!! I'd so chainspell stuff just cause he said I could 2hr
Naw, you and me on BLM.

I pull with Gravity, you cast Bliz IV right afterwards.

I follow up with Freeze II, and you cast Freeze II right after your Bliz IV hits, the Statue wouldn't hit either one of us.

We would be chain 5 300+ exp each.

Maybe get a dio or 2 out of it all.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-21 12:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Now I know you're crazy...
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-21 12:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Asura.Korpg said:
Now I know you're crazy...
I meant after we finish farming up there, or buffering BLMs, or whatever >.>
 Titan.Cripnicc
Server: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-01-21 12:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Gavvy said:
I've duo'd salvage bosses... soloed sky gods... Killing an IT mob isn't exactly difficult assuming you know what you're doing.
GTFO
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-21 12:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

He wants to know the quickest time it takes to kill an IT mob as a duo.

I gave an estimate.

I don't think you can kill any IT mob faster than a BLM/RDM duo. 10 seconds sounds about right if you have 2 very good BLM/RDMs.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-21 12:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Cripnicc said:
Quetzalcoatl.Gavvy said:
GTFO
Not that unbelievable. Avesta was soloing sky gods years ago. Alot of good rdms could. Hell anyone can solo lolgenbu. Kaeko has solo'd salvage bosses. Has huge articles on them. Hell I have a friend that watched a blm zombie byakko to death
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-01-21 12:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never tried, but I'm guessing Genbu would be an easy solo. He's so slow anyways, just bio or nuke and kite. You might not even need gravity, that big hunking turtle is such a slowpoke! Just stun or trot out of range of his aga's and you'd be fine.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-01-21 12:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:
I've never tried, but I'm guessing Genbu would be an easy solo. He's so slow anyways, just bio or nuke and kite. You might not even need gravity, that big hunking turtle is such a slowpoke! Just stun or trot out of range of his aga's and you'd be fine.
Literally any job could solo Genbu given enough time... ranged/magic users can pick at him from a distance, melee go /NIN and run out of range once you've lost shadows. THF or DNC would have a hell of a time of it though with such low base damage.
 Lakshmi.Bshizzle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Brucio
By Lakshmi.Bshizzle 2010-01-21 12:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Lakshmi.Bshizzle said:
Me and my friend duoed a bully our freshman year of high school...
Took maybe 25 seconds total.
What food did you use!?!

I think we had pizza for lunch that day, so Attack and accuracy!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-21 12:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Odin.Liela said:
Literally any job could solo Genbu given enough time... ranged/magic users can pick at him from a distance, melee go /NIN and run out of range once you've lost shadows. THF or DNC would have a hell of a time of it though with such low base damage.
I once saw a vid of a nin soloing it with elemental ninjitsu lol. God it took forever but yeah.
By Izey 2010-01-21 14:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I duo'd Bune as NIN and THF with my RDM friend that count XD?
 Bismarck.Dalimar
Server: Bismarck
user: bond00745
By Bismarck.Dalimar 2010-01-21 18:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lots of good stories, but has anyone yet followed the sugestion and tried it since I first posted?
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-21 18:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Since Dasva and I are not on the same server, its kindof hard for us 2 to duo statues in sky....
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-21 18:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dalimar said:
Lots of good stories, but has anyone yet followed the sugestion and tried it since I first posted?
The lack of restrictions (namely 2 hours) make it kind of silly. Any number of jobs with strong 2hrs can literlly solo alot of different kinds of VT/ITs in seconds. Also specifics on when the clock starts were never given and can make a huge difference.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-01-21 18:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dalimar said:

Farming pellets for Bloodlapper sucks, so I don't wanna repeat it, especially since I have Vicious Mufflers already.

As for Balor, see above, but replace 'pellets' with 'Codex' and 'Vicious Mufflers' with 'Swift Belt'.
 Sylph.Sindri
Server: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-01-21 18:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

me BLU/NIN and friend NIN/DNC duod Jaded Jody. thats very pro, right? XD