By Seraph.Pikachu 2010-01-18 00:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

caution?
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2010-01-18 00:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You're from the US, but you can't spell the word Virus?

What the ***, school system. What the ***.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-18 00:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like a minority to me. South central?
[+]
 Phoenix.Lazuras
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lazuras 2010-01-18 01:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lack of details, evidence or any information at all make me feel this is bogus. The misspelling doesn't help matters.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-18 01:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lazuras said:
Lack of details, evidence or any information at all make me feel this is bogus. The misspelling doesn't help matters.

/agree
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-01-18 01:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-01-18 01:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

He clearly means this vire, cut the dude a break.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vir%C3%A9

/sarcasm off.
 Garuda.Feifongwong
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2010-01-18 01:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chefm said:
Yes i know i miss spelled it but please we use cation WikiFFXI has ugly Vires

misspelled? :(
 Remora.Nightshroud
Server: Remora
By Remora.Nightshroud 2010-01-18 02:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously though, I haven't found anything suspicious on ffxiclopedia.
[+]
 Diabolos.Renavi
Server: Diabolos
user: Renavi
By Diabolos.Renavi 2010-01-18 03:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it's true. I'm actually scanning my computer right now. x.x I was wondering where I had gotten it from and I just realized I've been going on Wiki all day lol >< It's either that or just a big coincidence. Haven't found anything yet but I've getting warnings about a virus all day now. I would post a picture of something it's caused but.. it's telling me photobucket is restricted now <_<

Edit: Some of the things it does that I can list - It blocks Task Manager, blocks registry edits, and blocks me from trying a system restore.
It also tells me I wasn't an administrator for certain things. It also blocks some websites saying they're restricted and tells me that my security settings are set to that. ><
 Fairy.Tedwardian
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Tedwardian 2010-01-18 03:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

syreousally?

edit: was all in good fun.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-01-18 03:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Renavi said:
Yes it's true. I'm actually scanning my computer right now. x.x I was wondering where I had gotten it from and I just realized I've been going on Wiki all day lol >< It's either that or just a big coincidence. Haven't found anything yet but I've getting warnings about a virus all day now. I would post a picture of something it's caused but.. it's telling me photobucket is restricted now <_<

Edit: Some of the things it does that I can list - It blocks Task Manager, blocks registry edits, and blocks me from trying a system restore.
It also tells me I wasn't an administrator for certain things. It also blocks some websites saying they're restricted and tells me that my security settings are set to that. ><

Sounds like your security software fails big time.
 Diabolos.Renavi
By Diabolos.Renavi 2010-01-18 03:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Artemicion said:
Diabolos.Renavi said:

Sounds like your security software fails big time.
Fixed most of it in the first 10 minutes lol. I had something disabled on accident though and didn't know. It's just finding the thing I can't do x.x
 Diabolos.Renavi
By Diabolos.Renavi 2010-01-18 04:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay here's what it's called I think. Trojan:Win32/Fakeinit
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-01-18 04:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Summary of said virus:

Reports of Rogue Antivirus programs have been more prevalent as of late. These are programs that generate misleading alerts and false detections in order to convince users to purchase illegitimate security software. Some of these programs, such as Trojan:Win32/Antivirusxp and Program:Win32/FakeRednefed may display product names or logos in an apparently unlawful attempt to impersonate Microsoft products. These products may represent themselves as “Antivirus XP”, “AntivirusXP 2008”, “WinDefender 2008”, “XP Antivirus”, "Information Security 2010", or similar.

Trojan:Win32/Fakeinit is a rogue antivirus program that purports to detect non-existent malware in a system.
 Diabolos.Renavi
By Diabolos.Renavi 2010-01-18 04:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, that's exactly what it did! <_< Kept asking me to buy some security thing to fix it lol
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-01-18 04:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like you clicked on one of those thingies that pretends to be an antivirus and is one in of itself. I suggest getting some real protection such as Avast.
[+]
 Diabolos.Renavi
By Diabolos.Renavi 2010-01-18 04:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what you mean but I never tried to buy what it asked or anything x.x Everytime it popped up or whatever I just closed it.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-01-18 04:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Here are my three layers of security that I use:

NoScript add-on for Firefox
Avast Antivirus
and IObit 360 security

Hopefully this will help clean up whatever issues you already got and nip future threats in the bud.
 Bismarck.Nevill
Server: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2010-01-18 05:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Renavi said:
Yes it's true. I'm actually scanning my computer right now. x.x I was wondering where I had gotten it from and I just realized I've been going on Wiki all day lol >< It's either that or just a big coincidence. Haven't found anything yet but I've getting warnings about a virus all day now. I would post a picture of something it's caused but.. it's telling me photobucket is restricted now <_< Edit: Some of the things it does that I can list - It blocks Task Manager, blocks registry edits, and blocks me from trying a system restore. It also tells me I wasn't an administrator for certain things. It also blocks some websites saying they're restricted and tells me that my security settings are set to that. ><

Hell that just sounds like what Windows Vista does all the time.
 Sylph.Megumii
Server: Sylph
user: Megumii
By Sylph.Megumii 2010-01-18 05:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I've picked up no viruses from wiki at all and I've been using it loads, just scanned my computer and it was clean and nothing pops up for me when I go to wiki to let me know there's a virus either.
 Diabolos.Renavi
By Diabolos.Renavi 2010-01-18 05:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Megumii said:
I've picked up no viruses from wiki at all and I've been using it loads, just scanned my computer and it was clean and nothing pops up for me when I go to wiki to let me know there's a virus either.
First time I've ever had a problem today and both times I've scanned my computer nothing appeared except when the virus was causing problems. I'm pretty sure it was already removed when I scanned the second time though.
 Sylph.Megumii
Server: Sylph
user: Megumii
By Sylph.Megumii 2010-01-18 05:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Renavi said:
Sylph.Megumii said:
First time I've ever had a problem today and both times I've scanned my computer nothing appeared except when the virus was causing problems. I'm pretty sure it was already removed when I scanned the second time though.

My boyfriend has pretty much nailed down my laptop in everyway for me and I use No script and Adblock on top of that, I haven't picked up anything but that could just be because I'm protected enough.
 Diabolos.Renavi
By Diabolos.Renavi 2010-01-18 05:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Megumii said:
Diabolos.Renavi said:
Sylph.Megumii said:

My boyfriend has pretty much nailed down my laptop in everyway for me and I use No script and Adblock on top of that, I haven't picked up anything but that could just be because I'm protected enough.
Yeah lol like I said earlier.. had something disabled that I shouldn't have.. Think that fixed it and haven't gotten any problem since then.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-18 05:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you know it came from wiki?

How do you know it didn't come from somewhere else?

Did you bother reporting this supposed "virus" to the administrators of wiki?
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-01-18 06:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chefm said:
i don't know what firefox is

lol
 Diabolos.Renavi
By Diabolos.Renavi 2010-01-18 06:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
How do you know it came from wiki?

How do you know it didn't come from somewhere else?

Did you bother reporting this supposed "virus" to the administrators of wiki?
I said it could have been a coincidence. No I haven't reported it to anyone because I haven't gone back onto Wiki since getting rid of the virus. I never said I knew 100% that it came from Wiki x.x
 Diabolos.Raelia
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-01-18 07:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Internet Explorer?

You can get anything from the right CSS exploit. Stop using it.
First Page 2