Job With The Best AH Gear?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Job with the best AH gear?
Job with the best AH gear?
 Bahamut.Dracondria
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2010-01-11 15:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Rose Strap for 6hit, easy to get.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-01-11 16:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Rose Strap doesn't come from the Auction House though.

Which is also why I didn't include Walahra Turban, which is technically available from buying all the coins off AH.
 Pandemonium.Knightofdragons
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Knightofdragons 2010-01-11 16:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

At this stage of the game, it doesnt mater if its r/x or not, if you got the gil u can buy it, only thing that will be holding you back is doing missions, tbh that doesnt take 2long with a decent core group of friends (if u got) shouting might take awhile thow!!
[+]
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2010-01-11 16:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
I don't have a single ra/ex peice for WAR and it does quite fine. It's sitting at 64 now and I make PLD's werk for their enmity. And most of the stuff isn't expensive, you can gear it to 75 with about 450,000 roughly. The most expensive piece I bought for War would be the hauby, that's getting traded in for the hauberk later. And that woodsman/ephoria, the rest sells in the 10-20k. WAR AF feet are pretty much the best thing you'll get in that slot.. and that's it.
You party with shitty PLDs then, no WAR ever has stolen hate from me no matter how well he is geared, unless the retard uses a ws at the start.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-01-11 17:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
I don't have a single ra/ex peice for WAR and it does quite fine.
It's sitting at 64 now and I make PLD's werk for their enmity.

While the OP didn't come right out and say it, it's strongly implied that we are discussing gearing jobs from the AH @75.

Excluding AF in some cases, it's possible to gear almost ANY job respectably from the AH before you hit 75.

Once a WAR hits 75, the lack of byakkos and swift/vbelt from an AH WAR is a very big handicap.
 Odin.Ahligieri
Server: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2010-01-11 17:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Excesspain said:
Remora.Belius said:
I don't have a single ra/ex peice for WAR and it does quite fine. It's sitting at 64 now and I make PLD's werk for their enmity. And most of the stuff isn't expensive, you can gear it to 75 with about 450,000 roughly. The most expensive piece I bought for War would be the hauby, that's getting traded in for the hauberk later. And that woodsman/ephoria, the rest sells in the 10-20k. WAR AF feet are pretty much the best thing you'll get in that slot.. and that's it.
You party with shitty PLDs then, no WAR ever has stolen hate from me no matter how well he is geared, unless the retard uses a ws at the start.

Or you party with meh DDs with subjobs like /thf or /nin? Stealing hate from a PLD has never been hard. Ever.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-01-11 17:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

stealing hate from NIN is like stealing candy from a baby.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-11 17:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:

Bomb Core! Cheaper and much better.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-01-11 17:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Knightofdragons said:
At this stage of the game, it doesnt mater if its r/x or not, if you got the gil u can buy it.

If this was true, i'd be the proud owner of a byakko's hadite and a pair of wlegs
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-11 17:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Pandemonium.Knightofdragons said:
At this stage of the game, it doesnt mater if its r/x or not, if you got the gil u can buy it.

If this was true, i'd be the proud owner of a byakko's hadite and a pair of wlegs
If you had about 8-10m, you could own both, at least on most servers.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-01-11 18:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got significantly more than 8-10 mil

I've offered 8mil for either one of them, as per my wanted page, pm's to lses, and a thread here. No luck. LSes on carby are either too cool to do sky, or they still need them for their own members and are unwilling to sell at any price.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-01-11 18:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Sylph.Hitetsu said:

And with that Gaxe, even /sam those +2 sTP don't matter(But the Chiv is obviously cheaper then the Pcc) so drop the ecphoria ring and get another woodsman/snipers
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-01-11 18:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I did it! I double posted! lol
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-01-11 18:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rumaha said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Sylph.Hitetsu said:

And with that Gaxe, even /sam those 2 sTP don't matter(But the Chiv is obviously cheaper then the Pcc) so drop the ecphoria ring and get another woodsman/snipers

why use Headlong Belt when you can have Potent Belt?
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-11 18:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Bahamut.Rumaha said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Sylph.Hitetsu said:

And with that Gaxe, even /sam those 2 sTP don't matter(But the Chiv is obviously cheaper then the Pcc) so drop the ecphoria ring and get another woodsman/snipers

You trollin?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-01-11 18:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Bahamut.Rumaha said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Sylph.Hitetsu said:

You trollin?

I'm in class and bored...

are you following me?
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-01-11 18:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Fairy.Victoire said:
Play the job you like the most. Even if you're not into end game it's silly to play something because it's easier to gear than to play something you like because it's fun. Any job can be geared on the AH and if you're not doing end game stuff then gear isn't going to make that great of a difference in your play experience. Everyone will tell you that this piece of ra/ex is better than what you just bought from the AH, which is usually why it's ra/ex so don't worry about it and have fun.
No, I'm pretty sure there are some exceptions to this. I started playing FFXI midway through last year, and my friend who got me into it told me to level Paladin as a first job because i would get fast party invites. He didn't mention how useless i would be as an AH Paladin, or how hard it would be for me to get into an EGLS with an AH PLD. I really wish i had seen a thread like this before i started playing. It's not "fun" to get to 75 and realize you suck in comparison to all the other 75s. I think it's much better for someone starting the game in this day and age to start with an AH friendly job and use that as a foot in the door to a good ls. Then use that LS to gear some of the more gear-dependent jobs that you really want to play.

Dam that sucks bro i've seem many ah PLD's
in EGls's Um.. how else do you think most get their
gear. I'm just I really don't see a dyna or limbus
ls saying you cnnt join because you don't have any
ra/ex. On another note Nyzul gear isn't the greatest
for all jobs but its pretty decent upgrade from AH
and easy to get and doens't require a Ls. There is
C.Battle gear also very nice for PLD also very easy to get.
My point is that you can get decent ra/ex w/o a endgame ls. Nyzul/Cbattle and you have a decent PLD
 Remora.Belius
Server: Remora
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2010-01-13 10:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Ahligieri said:
Unicorn.Excesspain said:
Remora.Belius said:

Or you party with meh DDs with subjobs like /thf or /nin? Stealing hate from a PLD has never been hard. Ever.

This. I'm /nin all the time and if I want hate, I'll get it as a war. I don't like layering buffs like berserk AND aggressor at the same time. I prefer to stagger them, so in the off chance I miss hits, I make it up with either more DMG, or hitting more often to make up for weaker dmg, and it works out nicely cause it does take quite a bit to get to 100TP, and usually when that happens, I have both running which gives me the best TP situation so I'm never without a buff.

I never WS at the start, and will only do so after like 80% and minus. Sometimes 85% but only if a skill chain is ready.

Siren.Scottyb
Server: Siren
user: scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2010-01-13 10:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Whilst I definitely agree with most of the posters who say that Paladin isnt very good to gear off the AH I think its also important to remember that the whole reason the OP is asking is because he is not going to be doing EG.

With that taken into account paladin is fine to gear of the AH, if you're not endgaming then I don't suppose gear matters too much.

However if you're not endgaming then I would expect you would be doing stuff like nyzul or merits? Both of which have no real use for pld. So imo I would say whm is a great job to gear off the AH lots of gear reasonably cheap and you can get the job done. In terms of a DD Sam is good to gear off AH, mainly the only thing you'll be desperate for is Byakko's Haidate the rest can be bought and youll still be fine.

[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-01-13 15:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rumaha said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Sylph.Hitetsu said:

Ecphoria is a lot cheaper than both of those on Sylph, or was the last time I checked. For a loss of 1 Acc (that using a GA should make up for anyway), the saving of 60k ish, it's still a worthwhile investment.

And Raen: I forgot about Bomb Core XD
 Fairy.Maimed
user: Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-01-13 16:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD and RDM are two of the most difficult jobs to gear up because of the intense rare/ex gear requirements and all the builds necessary to play the job to its fullest. Paladin is played COMPLETELY different at 75 compared to 1-74. Yes it's still tank, but there's actual strategy involved. It's not just: Provoke when timer is up, and Flash when timer is up.

Honestly if you're looking for a ghettofied yet workable AH job, WHM or BLM. Everything has already said everything that needs to be said. If you want to do more heavy duty endgame, BLM will require a bit more work for rare/ex or rare (novio) gear. WHM is probably the job that will give you the least competition for gearing up rare/ex-wise.
[+]
 Siren.Stewie
Server: Siren
user: Stewie
By Siren.Stewie 2010-01-13 17:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Maimed said:
PLD and RDM are two of the most difficult jobs to gear up because of the intense rare/ex gear requirements and all the builds necessary to play the job to its fullest. Paladin is played COMPLETELY different at 75 compared to 1-74. Yes it's still tank, but there's actual strategy involved. It's not just: Provoke when timer is up, and Flash when timer is up.

Honestly if you're looking for a ghettofied yet workable AH job, WHM or BLM. Everything has already said everything that needs to be said. If you want to do more heavy duty endgame, BLM will require a bit more work for rare/ex or rare (novio) gear. WHM is probably the job that will give you the least competition for gearing up rare/ex-wise.

RDM doesn't really have intense R/EX requirements, mine was basically all from the AH.
 Hades.Silas
Server: Hades
user: Silas
By Hades.Silas 2010-01-13 17:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna toss it out again but whm is the easiest to gear with AH only shtuff- light staff, dark staff, staff strap nobles + MP gear- every other job needs other specific specs (rdm needs int,mnd, MP+ Mab, M.acc- PLD needs VT, enim, etc)- granted mnd will help whm's soft cap, MP is more valuable imo
 Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2010-01-13 18:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM or WHM.
If you dont want a mage, RNG or DNC.
 Bahamut.Artemiz
user: Artemiz
By Bahamut.Artemiz 2010-01-14 10:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd agree with the general consensus in the thread that either whm, blm or brd are the best AH only jobs. Gearing up a PLD for endgame is about the hardest because it requires so many different gear sets and a lot of it is rare/ex. That being said however PLD gains the most from Campaign battle and can get nice stuff from Nyzul and general NM's i.e. jelly ring and parade gorget. If you're not going to be doing endgame then I wouldn't write off pld, it's might not be a good job for Nyzul or merits but it shines in other areas like Campaign or solo.

The biggest thing for PLD at this level is Joytoy but you can trio that with a brd and rdm, don't need a full alliance of salvage geared pro's to get it, just a couple of friends and some patience.

If you're absolutely resolute that you must buy everything from the AH then avoid PLD. But if we're being more realistic and suggesting the OP just doesn't want/can't join an endgame LS but can do campaign and get other rare/ex stuff like Nyzul gear then PLD is actually pretty good and will give the OP plenty to do.
 Fairy.Maimed
user: Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-01-14 12:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I spent over 14mil on a refresh bodypiece for Pld, and I bring BRD to most of my linkshell events... *** my life, lol.

Then again I have 5 Ares Body PLDs in my ls.
 Cerberus.Eanae
Server: Cerberus
user: Eanae
By Cerberus.Eanae 2010-01-14 18:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM hands down.
By Azulmagia 2010-01-14 18:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Stewie said:
RDM doesn't really have intense R/EX requirements, mine was basically all from the AH.

I lol'd
[+]