Job With The Best AH Gear?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Job with the best AH gear?
Job with the best AH gear?
 Sylph.Jax
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: MissJax
By Sylph.Jax 2010-01-08 04:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Helixx said:
BLM is definitively the best.

HQ Staves
Grips
Phantom Thalum
Demon helm 1 / or the enfeebling magic 10 head
elemental torque / Ugalephi pendant / enfeebling/dark torque
Int 2 earrings (ok need to farm matt 5 earring but that is it)
Genie weskit / Refresh body / your AF body covers enfeebling
Ok Hands you need Z.mittend, but AF hands rock also a lot
Int 5 rings / Sorcers ring
Ixion cape
Witch sash
Int 8 pants
Feet from AH are not great. you can get assault gear.

so on 12/15 slots you use you can buy great gear from AH.

{fact}
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-08 04:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

6int gloves will do you just fine till you get 5MAB ones.
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-01-08 09:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Also most races have a decent set of RSE feet which can be used for nuking.

Pandemonium.Yov
Server: Pandemonium
user: poff
By Pandemonium.Yov 2010-01-08 09:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
My vote is on SAM, you can gear it from the AH and still put out decent damage.

No , just no.
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-01-08 09:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Liberata said:
WHM is pretty good in that regard -- most of the R/E endgame gear for WHM isn't make or break. (Really, I only have a few pieces on mine that can't be bought and none that are essential to my basic job performance. Cleric's Briault is nice for regens and idling, for instance, but my Noble's is much more useful overall.)
This.
 Garuda.Fullen
Server: Garuda
user: fullen
By Garuda.Fullen 2010-01-08 09:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

DNC and SCH can pretty much only use AH gear~
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-01-08 10:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

BRD can also do well with only AF and AH gear:

Staves (Apollo's and Terra's help out tremendously, Dark for resting when /WHM)
Strap/Grips
Instruments (the only expensive one is Mary's Horn)
Turban/Demon Helm
Wind/String Torques (or Piper's Torque)
2 Melody Earrings
Yigit Body/Errant Body
AF Gloves
2 +4 CHR rings and 2 +skill rings
Jester's Cape +1
Gleeman's Belt
AF Pants plus Errant/Mahatma or Sha'ir
Dance Shoes/Sha'ir

This obviously isn't the best BRD setup, but it would definitely get the job done.
[+]
 Alexander.Neph
Server: Alexander
user: Neph
By Alexander.Neph 2010-01-08 10:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Fullen said:
DNC and SCH can pretty much only use AH gear~
Pahluwan, Enkidu, Cobra for Dnc.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-01-08 12:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm honestly curious as to how SAM is not correct as one of the jobs you can gear from the AH. A lot of decent gear can come from the AH. Assuming gil is no object, you can get all this from the AH:

WS:
Hagun, Alkys, Hauby+1, Wyvern Helm, Flame Ring (x2 if no CoP access). Triumph Earring, Warwolf, Forager's, Smilodon+1 against weaker targets.

TP:
Walmart Turban (if you chose to buy the 20 gold coins instead of using IS), PCC, Dusk Gloves, Fumas, Headlong Belt, Assault Earring, Sniper's +1. There's of course the 6-hit build as well, but that all depends on the player's other gear. With Rajas and assuming full Store TP merits, just needs Shm. Haidate to keep a 6-hit. Without Rajas and full Store TP merits, Shm. Haidate, Hachiman feet.

Yes I know there's better rare/ex stuff, and yes I know you gotta put in more work for a Polearm build, but all that there puts you off to a decent start for endgame, especially if it's your first melee 75. If there's anything I missed, feel free to correct me.

EDIT: This isn't to say that it's better to gear than BLM from the AH, that's already been pointed out.
[+]
 Asura.Shambo
Server: Asura
user: Shambo
By Asura.Shambo 2010-01-11 13:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto's power is off the *** charts, why can't we compare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Asura.Shambo is Fenrir.Shambo
 Cerberus.Galaxies
Server: Cerberus
user: Serey
By Cerberus.Galaxies 2010-01-11 13:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I find Paladin would have the best AH gear as they can update and get even better gear every 3 levels or so. can be quite expensive and yet alot of the good gear is rare/ex excluding abjurations cuz AH buy etc n all that other *** :3~
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-01-11 13:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Seraph.Liberata said:
WHM is pretty good in that regard -- most of the R/E endgame gear for WHM isn't make or break. (Really, I only have a few pieces on mine that can't be bought and none that are essential to my basic job performance. Cleric's Briault is nice for regens and idling, for instance, but my Noble's is much more useful overall.)
This.
I will agree also. Besides, no one is going to curse you for not having your WHM uber-geared.
 Seraph.Sanchez
Server: Seraph
user: Sanchez1
By Seraph.Sanchez 2010-01-11 13:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Galaxies said:
I find Paladin would have the best AH gear as they can update and get even better gear every 3 levels or so. can be quite expensive and yet alot of the good gear is rare/ex excluding abjurations cuz AH buy etc n all that other *** :3~

This must be why I see so many purple paladins running around.
[+]
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2010-01-11 14:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Galaxies said:
No. Just because you can upgrade every 3 levels doesn't make it good.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2010-01-11 14:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Even going with NQ gear for BLM will do just fine. Not anything EG though, but it's still good enough to use for lvl/merits. Don't need all HQ staves just Jupiter's and Aquilo's for the most part.

Save some serious gil going with NQ gear. If looking to EG on BLM then get HQ until you can fill w/ rare/ex gear.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-01-11 14:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Galaxies said:
I find Paladin would have the best AH gear

yeah, no. At least if you mean @level 75. I'd say paladin is arguably the WORST job to try to gear from the AH.

If you don't have a ra/ex Joytoy, and you don't have Atonement(brave blade is ra/ex) Paladin is probably a job that should stay in your Mog House.

There's a lot more to gearing the job than that, but those two things are absolutely vital for endgame.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Ashitaka 2010-01-11 14:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll agree with the lot... def blm or whm
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2010-01-11 14:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing my PLD will be lacking when it hits 75 is a decent body piece, I plan on +1ing the AF body but ACP is for RNG and I don't see me investing too much money into one of the other options (Ares, Avalon, etc).

On topic, BLM is the clear cut winner.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-01-11 14:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Mabrook said:
ares body

:(
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-11 14:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Excesspain said:
Only thing my PLD will be lacking when it hits 75 is a decent body piece, I plan on 1ing the AF body but ACP is for RNG and I don't see me investing too much money into one of the other options (Ares, Avalon, etc).

On topic, BLM is the clear cut winner.

Haubergeon for TP
Darksteel Harness for -pdt
Adaman Cuirass for enmity
Coral Scale Mail for -mdt
Vermillion Cloak for kiting/non-engaged idle

All affordable, all cover your main bases.

EDIT: There's no point at all +1'ing the body <_< Adaman Cuirass is fine for your enmity needs and Darksteel Harness is better for damage reduction. Feet and legs are good though!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-01-11 14:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Vermillion Cloak for kiting/non-engaged idle

I never thought of this. Thanks. I learn something nearly every time you post.
 Fairy.Victoire
Server: Fairy
user: Alexandre
By Fairy.Victoire 2010-01-11 14:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Play the job you like the most. Even if you're not into end game it's silly to play something because it's easier to gear than to play something you like because it's fun. Any job can be geared on the AH and if you're not doing end game stuff then gear isn't going to make that great of a difference in your play experience. Everyone will tell you that this piece of ra/ex is better than what you just bought from the AH, which is usually why it's ra/ex so don't worry about it and have fun.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-11 14:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm flattered :o and yeah, I got a lot of "lol"s for using my Vermy Cloak but hey, nothing else is doing much good :(

I suppose it helps that my character looks like this (with plasticsurgeon) with one on!

[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-01-11 14:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Victoire said:
Play the job you like the most. Even if you're not into end game it's silly to play something because it's easier to gear than to play something you like because it's fun. Any job can be geared on the AH and if you're not doing end game stuff then gear isn't going to make that great of a difference in your play experience. Everyone will tell you that this piece of ra/ex is better than what you just bought from the AH, which is usually why it's ra/ex so don't worry about it and have fun.

No, I'm pretty sure there are some exceptions to this. I started playing FFXI midway through last year, and my friend who got me into it told me to level Paladin as a first job because i would get fast party invites. He didn't mention how useless i would be as an AH Paladin, or how hard it would be for me to get into an EGLS with an AH PLD.

I really wish i had seen a thread like this before i started playing. It's not "fun" to get to 75 and realize you suck in comparison to all the other 75s.

I think it's much better for someone starting the game in this day and age to start with an AH friendly job and use that as a foot in the door to a good ls. Then use that LS to gear some of the more gear-dependent jobs that you really want to play.
[+]
 Hades.Silas
Server: Hades
user: Silas
By Hades.Silas 2010-01-11 14:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

TO be honest....i think WHM is wayyyy more doable then blm- for whm lets be honest....what does one really need? Nobels and a crap ton of MP gear with light and dark staff...with blm you need Mab+ele gear which you can buy ah, but those choices are limited...With Nobles and blessed set, you should be good with Serket ring, HH bomb, assault earrings (+15MP)etc...
 Remora.Endrance
Server: Remora
By Remora.Endrance 2010-01-11 15:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Galaxies said:

PLD is the absolute worst job to gear from AH. Almost everything Is R/Ex and there are so many resist builds and enmity builds / TP build for Atonement that you have to strive to get. So PLD is deffinitely not an option.
[+]
 Remora.Belius
Server: Remora
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2010-01-11 15:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have a single ra/ex peice for WAR and it does quite fine.
It's sitting at 64 now and I make PLD's werk for their enmity.

And most of the stuff isn't expensive, you can gear it to 75 with about 450,000 roughly. The most expensive piece I bought for War would be the hauby, that's getting traded in for the hauberk later. And that woodsman/ephoria, the rest sells in the 10-20k.

WAR AF feet are pretty much the best thing you'll get in that slot.. and that's it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-11 15:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Even Fourth Division Sabatons (level55, acc+2) beat WAR AF feet assuming accuracy is uncapped!
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-01-11 15:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
WAR AF feet are pretty much the best thing you'll get in that slot.. and that's it.

Until 72, when you should be looking to trade them out for Dusk Feet. Hands you will need to trade out for Dusk at 72 also.

To AH gear a WAR "well", you'll need far more than 450k.

At 75, to get respectable gear off the AH for WAR (based on Sylph prices), it would cost around 1,884,000 Gil.

[+]