Does TH Work On Ra/ex Drops??

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Does TH work on ra/ex drops??
Does TH work on ra/ex drops??
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-01-08 09:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I'm interested as to how you can conclude TH has no effect as well.

Extensive sample in strict scientifically designed tests of course.

Garuda.Fullen
Server: Garuda
user: fullen
By Garuda.Fullen 2010-01-08 09:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The FACT of the matter is all NM's have a 50% drop rate, it either drops or it doesn't.

/thread
[+]
 Fenrir.Cobblers
Server: Fenrir
user: Ntfc
By Fenrir.Cobblers 2010-01-08 09:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Does TH work on ra/ex drops??

Yes. Next topic
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-08 10:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:

Latent effect: Makes ppl make up stupid theories, and call them truth.
LMAO! So true...

Shiva.Xellith said:
lol...

If it can or cant drop an item. TH works. What you just said makes me think you have no idea at all about TH lulz.

Didn't know you were the absolute authority on TH.

As my post said, that was my experience with TH. It's effect varies on mob, NM, area, and what level of TH1-4. There may be even more factors to include, but nobody really knows, except you apparently.

And by no effect, I mean certain NMs, specific items (rare/ex ones to be exact) means it has no noticeable effect. I'm not saying it doesn't work, or concluding TH has no effect, I'm saying no noticeable effect.

Guess I should edit no effect to: .01% noticeable effect.

Personally this sums it up:
Garuda.Fullen said:
The FACT of the matter is all NM's have a 50% drop rate, it either drops or it doesn't.
 Fairy.Laia
Server: Fairy
user: Laia
By Fairy.Laia 2010-01-08 11:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
SE's simple lil secret! :D
 Bismarck.Maxse
Server: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-01-08 11:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

TH only works when thief gets killshot and no WS or nukes have been performed on the mob and the thief must have the target attacking him at the time of death, also he must have done at least 537 damge to the thief or knocked off a minimum of 19 shadows.
[+]
 Siren.Ashkente
Server: Siren
user: Ashkente
By Siren.Ashkente 2010-01-08 11:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:

Close, but that's not a latent on the knife, its a latent effect caused by the presence of a thf being on the server, combined with 3 or more other players who've visited a forum any time in the past 7 years... or some equally *** theory.

All I know is that hunting down NMs is fun, and having people beg you to help them camp things is an egoboost.
 Ramuh.Alphir
Server: Ramuh
user: Alphir
By Ramuh.Alphir 2010-01-08 11:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Usua said:
lmao I'd be willing to bet that SE would gimp TH for keys since thf can pick coffers, just to mess with players.
lol, that wouldn't surprise me either. However, I can honestly say that I have had excellent success farming keys with TH4 compared to not having it. It seems to be 50/50 whether ppl believe it works for ra/ex. My personal experience is that generally it does help overall.

I also think it's part luck. I farmed for ~8 hrs for one key drop in Davoi! and 9/10 other times I got it within the first 10 kills. Based on what is the general belief on how TH works (the dice roll/random system) than it wouldn't surprise me that ra/ex drops appear to not be affected by TH being they usually have a much lower drop rate. So, in essence you are trying to /random outroll over 920 on an 8% coffer key drop.

Personally, I believe TH works with any drop from my experience, but it is SE we are working with so who the hell knows.
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-01-08 11:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Maxse said:
TH only works when thief gets killshot and no WS or nukes have been performed on the mob and the thief must have the target attacking him at the time of death, also he must have done at least 537 damge to the thief or knocked off a minimum of 19 shadows.

Quoted for the epic truth

But you forgot the bit about making the mob face in the direction of the crystal that it drops
 Cerberus.Saiya
Server: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2010-01-08 13:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Tachi: Koki TH ftw
 Pandemonium.Vavaud
Server: Pandemonium
user: Vavaud
By Pandemonium.Vavaud 2010-01-08 14:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Suppose the THF starts the fight wearing Homam hands, but then switches to TH4 hands at some point later, do you think they plant a new level of TH on the mob if they do another enmity generating move?
 Garuda.Fullen
Server: Garuda
user: fullen
By Garuda.Fullen 2010-01-09 18:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Vavaud said:
Suppose the THF starts the fight wearing Homam hands, but then switches to TH4 hands at some point later, do you think they plant a new level of TH on the mob if they do another enmity generating move?

I've been trying to test this myself but the general unreliability of TH makes it difficult to get an answer~
 Fairy.Tedwardian
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Tedwardian 2010-01-09 19:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Argettio said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:

Quoted for the epic truth

But you forgot the bit about making the mob face in the direction of the crystal that it drops
all true. went 1/1 on a insect wing with this strat.
spread the word :)