users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Stupid ideas you'd like to see happen
Stupid ideas you'd like to see happen
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
By Roudidou 2010-01-02 10:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
*** NAME CHANGER *** EVERYONE WHO CALLES ME POOPY OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

you can change names, it just costs 40 irl$ :)
Ask for a server change (20$) then make a mule on your sever that has the same name as you right now (Since u just changed servers you can) then ask for another server change back to the original server.(20$)Now since your mule is same name as you, it wont let u and it'll ask for you to change names, and Voila, name change !!!

Asura.Antion
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Antion985
By Asura.Antion 2010-01-03 03:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok This one has actually been bugging me for a while and i've thought about it lots.

USEFUL RELICS FOR JOBS THAT DONT MELEE!

relic weapons, great idea, so long as your not a mage, pup, or anything else that doesnt melee. Relic horn - > good example of what i mean

Ok so all this time and effort goes into getting an awesome relic staff for your blm to find the only time you melee is when your with friends, soloing or showing off!

Why not give a USEFUL relic to the blm. Idk, a relic spell maybe? idk to what degree, tier, -ga status or not the spell could be but a spell would certainly be more useful than the staff.

SMN as well, while you can still melee on SMN and they're not bad at it considering, Why not give them something for their main skill. Relic Avatar / elemental perhaps? again not saying rediculous ZOMG bahamut. Just something worth the effort that isnt too overpowered.

Same goes for PUP, why not make a relic frame for maton? pup is good h2h, can be good h2h, but if there was a choice between a pup relic h2h weapon or a pup relic frame i know i'd go for the frame for sure.

BLU gets lumped in with that as well. The BLU sword is really nice dont get me wrong, but again a relic spell again i think would be more useful, depending what it was of course.

Like i said, the relic horn is a great example of what i mean, its for the jobs main use. I'd like to see this applied to other jobs.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-03 03:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Also on that note relic weapons usuable by aht urghan and WOTG jobs.

Dnc with mandau all right. Blu with a excalibur *** yeah. Cor with annihilator nice.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-04 03:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You ever look at the things you can buy with Lungos, M. Silverpieces, and/or 100 byne bills from the gobs you buy the hourglasses from... You should be able to trade him those items and get half of their asking price. I'd gladly trade a Lancewood Log for 4 Lungos.
[+]
 Sylph.Jax
Server: Sylph
user: MissJax
By Sylph.Jax 2010-01-04 03:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Male mithras, female galkas running around!!!!!!!!!!
 Garuda.Feifongwong
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2010-01-04 04:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jax said:

[+]
Server: Remora
By Remora.Morbidthrasher 2010-01-04 04:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:

ROFL! That definitely made my night Poupee, thank you.
 Sylph.Jax
user: MissJax
By Sylph.Jax 2010-01-04 06:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Feifongwong said:
Sylph.Jax said:

<3333333
more the reason for me to love galka!
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-01-04 06:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Give DRK shield skill, since we can equip so damn many.

Give DRK guns too.
 Carbuncle.Corrderio
Server: Carbuncle
user: Corrderio
By Carbuncle.Corrderio 2010-01-04 06:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ability to throw taru as weapons. The Ninja play style would change overnight!
By Ashitaka 2010-01-04 06:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Drugs
By Ashitaka 2010-01-04 06:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

No but really I'd love the ability to eat a colobri's food.
By Ashitaka 2010-01-04 06:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Roudidou said:
Asura.Poupee said:

Ask for a server change (20$) then make a mule on your sever that has the same name as you right now (Since u just changed servers you can) then ask for another server change back to the original server.(20$)Now since your mule is same name as you, it wont let u and it'll ask for you to change names, and Voila, name change !!!

Another way to it for free... it's how I did it... take everything off AH, bazaars... save macros to server.. then delete character.. make a mule with same name ON A DIFFERENT CONTENT ID.. the do character re-activation and reactivate the char you deleted.. it'll come back as yellow and you can change name.. Takes about 2 days to do.
By Ashitaka 2010-01-04 06:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Roudidou said:
Asura.Poupee said:

Another way to it for free... it's how I did it... take everything off AH, bazaars... save macros to server.. then delete character.. make a mule with same name ON A DIFFERENT CONTENT ID.. then do character re-activation and reactivate the char you deleted.. it'll come back as yellow and you can change name.. Takes about 2 days to do.
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
Server: Seraph
user: xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2010-01-04 07:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

adult tarus

...oh wait
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2010-01-04 07:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to be able to request my ToAU ring so I can get the RNG one instead.

Also, an instant ranged JA for THF so I can camp NMs THF/NIN.
By Ashitaka 2010-01-04 07:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Excesspain said:
I want to be able to request my ToAU ring so I can get the RNG one instead.

Also, an instant ranged JA for THF so I can camp NMs THF/NIN.

Wish I had TH for all my jobs without having to go /thf
 Sylph.Oddin
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-01-04 07:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

How about some weather in cities and towns for a change. It never rains/snows/etc in the towns. Sure there's the odd wind weather effect in Whitegate and Al Zhabi but how about some actual precipitation for once.

Also how about some seasons. It can't always be nice everywhere on the damn planet... There should be some sort of seasonal change in zones. It doesn't necessarily have to follow the real life seasonal changes but something that alters the landscape from time to time would be nice. Flowers and trees in full bloom at one point then they start to die off and go dormant for the bitter cold that would soon follow.

Also how about some actual natural disasters preventing or altering how you move or play in certain zones. Kinda silly seeing a giant tornado/dust storm in Altepa Deserts and it doesn't effect you at all when you run through it. They should blind you at the very least or pick you up and toss you to the furthest regions of the zone at the extreme end of the spectrum. Earthquakes in certain zones like Meriphataud Mountains or Sauromugue Champaign. They'd shake your screen and make it a little more difficult to navigate your way through the terrain. The zones look like earthquakes have already hit them before so it would make some sense. Flooding in the Jungles when those torrential downpours occur. When it does happen, some paths and areas would become non-passable until a little after the rains stopped. Heatwaves in desert regions that cause hp loss over time from staying out in the sun for too long. Wind gusts would just slow your movement down a bit.
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-01-04 07:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Segaia said:
<a> Yo dude want to come into my party?
<b> Yea, this party sucks anyway.
<a> Please leave your party then
<b> k done, invite me now
<a> just a sec
You must wait longer to perform that action.
Invite sent.
<a> FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU T_T

We all know this will happen.

LOL
 Fairy.Maimed
Server: Fairy
user: Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-01-04 14:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a few more on top of the ones I added earlier:

* GMs to spawn in Dragon's Aery during HNM windows with the name Fafnir, just to catch which botter is autocasting.

* Large scale battles w/o intense lag and overpowered NPCs/Mobs.

* Allowing you to redo augment fights similar to the weapon augments for armored slots (up to 5x) before you finalize your augment.

* Making HNMs harder (ie can ONLY be slept once, lower rage timers, and more capable of 1-shotting tanks)

* Finding a practical use for Conquest points outside of refreshing Emperor Bands and warp scrolls(kind of like how you can spend Imperial Standing on ISNM)

* Allow COR and RNG to dualwield guns sub /nin :X

* Galkan NIN to use two Tarus with their shoelaces tied as nunchucks.

* Chocobo aggro possible by a Sandworm type mob/NM, but you cannot target it (like Sharks/Stingrays in Sea) and you cannot see it but only see the ground/screen visibly shake as it approaches.

* Allow Taru DRG to ride their wyverns into battle and "Joust" using their polearms.

* Remove zones altogether (similiar to WoW) and just have one big world.

* Instanced Dynamis/Limbus so multiple groups can run the same zone at the same time, just like assaults/nyzul/salvage.

* The ability to upgrade how many items you can list on AH, how many items you can send via delivery box, and allow more than one gil delivery to be sent out at a time.

* If only one thing, this would be it... GMs that are worth a ***and actually do something rather than give you pre-programmed responses that typically end up saying "thanks for your concern but we aren't doing jack ***but you can post on our POL website if you want to feel productive"

*** lazy, useless GMs, *** 'em all =)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Carbuncle
user: dameshi
By Carbuncle.Dameshi 2010-01-04 14:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jax said:

Galka don't actually have a gender >.>
Diabolos.Raelia said:
Give DRK shield skill, since we can equip so damn many.

/agree
Sylph.Oddin said:
How about some weather in cities and towns for a change. It never rains/snows/etc in the towns. Sure there's the odd wind weather effect in Whitegate and Al Zhabi but how about some actual precipitation for once.

Also how about some seasons. It can't always be nice everywhere on the damn planet... There should be some sort of seasonal change in zones. It doesn't necessarily have to follow the real life seasonal changes but something that alters the landscape from time to time would be nice. Flowers and trees in full bloom at one point then they start to die off and go dormant for the bitter cold that would soon follow.

Also how about some actual natural disasters preventing or altering how you move or play in certain zones. Kinda silly seeing a giant tornado/dust storm in Altepa Deserts and it doesn't effect you at all when you run through it. They should blind you at the very least or pick you up and toss you to the furthest regions of the zone at the extreme end of the spectrum. Earthquakes in certain zones like Meriphataud Mountains or Sauromugue Champaign. They'd shake your screen and make it a little more difficult to navigate your way through the terrain. The zones look like earthquakes have already hit them before so it would make some sense. Flooding in the Jungles when those torrential downpours occur. When it does happen, some paths and areas would become non-passable until a little after the rains stopped. Heatwaves in desert regions that cause hp loss over time from staying out in the sun for too long. Wind gusts would just slow your movement down a bit.

I like the idea :)

I'd love to see a use for drk elemental magic. Maybe give them tier 3 spells? As is, it's basically useless, unless you want to magic burst for an outstanding 85 damage.

It would be cool if you could change the appearance of your armor/weapons. Even just changing the color would be nice.
 Fairy.Maimed
Server: Fairy
user: Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-01-04 16:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Give DRK "Unholy" to counter WHM's "Holy" !!

Imagine an AM equivalent for DRK, along with being stackable with Souleater somehow :X

---

Scratch that, how about giving DRK realistic & practical merits so it's not such a loljob outside of pure zergs anymore?
[+]
 Bahamut.Megbite
Server: Bahamut
user: Megbite
By Bahamut.Megbite 2010-01-04 16:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarutarus should be equipable, ideally for ranged attack.
The amount of damage would be equal to that of the taru's HP, and the taru would die on impact.
Of course the taru in question must agree to this action before being equipped (like tractor)!
[+]
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
Server: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2010-01-04 17:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Taru as missles is nice, but no exp loss, that would blow...

On the subject of DRK and Unholy, I wouldn't mind Drain I, II, III and IV, Aspir I, II, III and IV, and Bio III. They are, after all, supposed to be the experts in dark magic. They should have more Dark Magic skill than BLM also.

Relic Weapons: BLM getting a staff that beats HQ elemental staves (I don't count aftermath because if my character /attacks, I've lost the game) WHM getting a club or hammer with Additional Effect: Curaga at no enmity gain. SCH with a staff that lowers recast of Stratagems.

Seasons: wonderful idea.

One big world: Not a bad idea, do-able considering the low requirements FFXI has, but a lot of work to change hardware and software settings to remove zoning, not to mention reprogramming mobs to be very aggro range specific.

I would like to see increased macro lines, up to 10 commands per macro would be cool. Additional slots in AH, DB could use an upgrade, but people would abuse it for more storage.
[+]
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-01-04 18:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Increased macro lines would be awesome! I have to dedicate 4 macros on my thf just to change her clothes depending on if I am tp'ing, ws'ing, or tanking in an evasion set, and still have to change a few items manually each time because it won't all fit into the macros. I also have to manually change out of my steal gear. And I can't fit sneak attack, wait 1, trick attack, wait 1, assassin's charge, wait 1, dancing edge all into 1 macro, either, for example.

What if you could put on the gear you want for a set, take a 'screenshot' of it, put the screenshot in a macro, and every time you hit that macro, it puts all the gear in the screenshot on? (That's a friend's idea, not mine, but I like it.) If you got new gear after you already made the macro, just take a new screenshot and put the new one into the macro. Increased slots would still be great, even if you could put a pic of the gear set you want on in a macro, though.
[+]
 Asura.Barthalomew
Server: Asura
user: Forby
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-01-04 18:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I want BLM to get Meteor! What kind of FF is this with a BLM not having Meteor!?!!?!
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Server: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2010-01-04 19:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Roudidou said:
Asura.Poupee said:

Only, it takes 2 months before you are allowed to switch back ... xD
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-01-04 19:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

the ability to buy hookers in Bastok Mines, or PvP wherever or whenever you want.
 Bahamut.Jouliont
Server: Bahamut
user: Jouliont
By Bahamut.Jouliont 2010-01-04 20:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

/range crits to be replaced with headshots.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9