Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Annihilator vs. Yoichinoyumi
Annihilator vs. Yoichinoyumi
 Remora.Abriel
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-16 11:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

in that case, you should have overly optimal gear for your slug build while the rng has an only average or slightly below average build. that's unless the parsing program takes misses into account when averaging damage (I'm not sure how most parsers work since I have other ppl parse for me, use log info or use old school pen and paper most of the time).

considering you're using sushi and a martial gun, your slugs should be a bit more accurate on birds since rng normally won't use sushi for them (they shouldn't need to). I'm not sure on the exact acc value of slug shot at 200% as opposed to 100%, but acc for cor using sushi should be very close to rng w/o it on birds if both are using optimal gear.
 Fairy.Brenda
Server: Fairy
user: Jornna
By Fairy.Brenda 2009-12-16 12:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, Ranger does have a natural +48 Racc in JT over me on COR, lol.
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-16 12:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, I took that into account, that's why I mentioned not knowing slug's acc value for 100~200%. cor using sushi and rng w/o should both be capping acc on birds normally, but w/o knowing the values on slug you could very well have more accurate WSs. but about the current discussion, that only matters if the parser takes misses into account, lol.

I'd just expect an annihilator rng to average a bit higher with the same WS considering that they have access to a bit more stat gear and have a higher pDif value in this instance.

bah, rated myself down trying to edit post \o/
[+]
 Sylph.Sindri
Server: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2009-12-16 22:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Laitha said:
he was using bronze bullets lol
That explains it, Annihilator has a very low DMG rating, you bring it up via bullets (Bow + Arrow are the opposite which is a yoich attraction for cheaper ammo) so if he was using level 1 Bullets then he probably had a huge less damage rating than you which makes that a decent WS.
 Fairy.Brenda
By Fairy.Brenda 2009-12-16 23:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol no, He was using silver bullets, lol.
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-16 23:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

silver? I underestimated his damage then, should have averaged much higher, lol O_o;
 Carbuncle.Laitha
Server: Carbuncle
user: Laitha
By Carbuncle.Laitha 2009-12-17 11:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Brenda said:
It was a parsed Average, was not eye balled or anything like that. My high was like, 2.2k and his high was around 2.5k The RNG was using coueral subs. Any my WSgear set on COR is in my profile. the Moogle head helps a lot.

moggle head helps alot but honestly the 8 base dmg difference in your guns and the 11 pint dmg difference in your ammo alone would make your numbers far apart. Your gear for Cor is nice but even with a naked weapon like ferdinand I easily out DD rngs let alone a cor.

When I switched from hellfire+1 to ferdinand I was able to see a large jump in damage from just the increase in base damage and that was only a difference of 5. I was concerned that the lack of rng acc and rng atk would effect my damage out negativly when switch but this was not the case.

oh btw when i said bronzes bullets that was a joke. come on i'm not even on the same servers as these guys.
 Fairy.Brenda
By Fairy.Brenda 2009-12-17 11:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I was more talking about the Moogle head helping a lot on landing slug shot since people were questioning if I was landing it at a successful rate
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2009-12-17 20:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Was tired, not really paying attention xD Well Annhiliator being outdmgd by a COR doesnt really make the gun that impressive though.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-17 20:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sindri said:
Was tired, not really paying attention xD Well Annhiliator being outdmgd by a COR doesnt really make the gun that impressive though.
There was clearly other gear choices (subjobs/food) affecting that. The rng had a higher dmg rated gun a higher rated bullet by alot. Has alot more base racc and ratt. Maybe the rng shot in full racc gear that might account for it
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-17 20:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

it could if there was very minimal to no str/agl being used in their slug build. even having more ratk the average would be similar to Brenda's outcome, based on the observation that it looks like she(?) had a strong slug build.

edited for wording, lol.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2009-12-17 20:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, RNG tends to favor Vali's Bow on my server haven't seen many RNG Slug Shotting it so maybe didn't have the proper build... Enough about Annhiliator, perhaps it is better than Yoich for RNG but I still wanna hear some stuff about the bow :O
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-17 21:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The builds for slug and side aren't too different. Mostly just that str does a little less (actually pretty much nothing once you hit fstr2 cap) and agi does a little more.

Sidewinder @75 1 agi adds .2075 to base dmg while str adds .6328 or just .1328 at fstr2 cap.

While on slugshot @75 1agi is more like .249 and 1 str is .5 or 0 at fstr2 cap.

Also fstr2 is fairly easily cappable on greater lolibri. Annihilator is a rank 5 weapon so has an upper fstr2 at 48. Greater lolibri have a vit of 67 so fstr2 cap of anni on them is 115. Not too crazy. Be a bit lower for for whatever gun the cor was using

Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-17 21:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

that's prety much why I changed my opinion on the matter. even if cor has a much stronger build than rng (which I didn't really count on in earlier calculations), the ratk advantage rng is getting will tip the scales in rng's favor in this instance (much higher atk value from food and skill v. a higher dmg value through stats).
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2009-12-23 15:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

K, Annihilator > Yoich, I wasn't convinced til yesterday when I pulled hate on Khimaira 4 times and the Yoich. Ranger didn't once, her ranged attacks were relatively low compared to my Cannonballs too, and I didn't even have my full build.

(Was not the not pulling hate because of the lower enmity generation I've heard of on Yoich, though I think that might be confused with Anni.)
 Fairy.Brenda
By Fairy.Brenda 2009-12-23 15:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Was the Ranger using Namas Arrow?
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2009-12-23 15:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Along with the occasional sidewinder I think. Could have been just Namas though.
 Fairy.Brenda
By Fairy.Brenda 2009-12-23 15:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If they were mostly using Namas arrow, that would explain it then.

Namas arrow is low hate WS.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2009-12-23 15:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, so I've heard. Still my regular Cannonballs far outdamaged her regular Ranged Attacks.
 Fairy.Brenda
By Fairy.Brenda 2009-12-23 15:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you take into consideration when they would triple proc? Or Barrage?

How much were your Cannonballs doing? Its not like a relic is game breaking and their ranged attacks will jump up to 500-600 per hit on an HNM.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2009-12-23 16:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Her shots were doing 100-200 mine were doing 200-300. Never saw the Triple Damage proc but I wasn't paying much attention.

Note: She had x2 GHorn Minuet
 Fairy.Lilman
user: Lilman
By Fairy.Lilman 2009-12-23 16:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sindri said:
Her shots were doing 100-200 mine were doing 200-300. Never saw the Triple Damage proc but I wasn't paying much attention.

Unless you have a parser, you can't accurately compare damage, taking hate doesn't mean you were doing more damage, you just spiked hate, it happens to the best tanks and sometimes the crappiest DDs. A HNM fight is more for endurance, I'm fairly sure the rng had 2-3 times your total damage throughout the fight.
 Pandemonium.Busterblade
Server: Pandemonium
user: Buster
By Pandemonium.Busterblade 2009-12-23 16:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I was going to say lol, if you really even thought you came close to his overall dmg lesigh, thanks to lilman thats cleared up.

Edit: all i see in this thread is a bunch of people forgetting what the DoT from the bow does for your overall dmg.

Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-12-23 16:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Lilman said:
Sylph.Sindri said:

Unless you have a parser, you can't accurately compare damage, taking hate doesn't mean you were doing more damage, you just spiked hate, it happens to the best tanks and sometimes the crappiest DDs. A HNM fight is more for endurance, I'm fairly sure the rng had 2-3 times your total damage throughout the fight.
This.
The relic ranged weapons allows you to deal alot more dmg vs the enmity gained, that's where the power in these relics are, not epic dmg.
Slugwinder -> namas\cono for dmg, other way around for more dmg before you pull hate.
 Unicorn.Tieulongnu
Server: Unicorn
user: Dong
By Unicorn.Tieulongnu 2010-01-05 04:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

sam/drg with bow is fun ^^