Cherry macrons
First Page 2
 Ramuh.Jadell
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: jadell
By Ramuh.Jadell 2009-12-13 09:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried to comment under this food and it would not let me post it.

Cherry macrons didn't seem to have any stats so I tried them out.

I got:

INT +7 and MND +1

Nukes landed harder, so I gave some to a blm friend who tried them out and said the same thing. Seems to be a good BLM food. If anyone knows how to post under this food item go for it!!!
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-12-13 09:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll try these out sometime, I think I can make em, just gotta get the Key Item(?) to make it.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-13 12:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that a fact? I searched for it here an someone wrote they didn't see any visible stats. I can make these, I'll use these on Tuesday for Dynamis and see if they're the same as cream puffs.
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-13 12:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny, I did a search on kitron macarons and they seem to be selling for 50k a stack on Hades, and people are buying them. I wonder what they know that I don't.
 Seraph.Aena
Server: Seraph
user: Phoenixe
By Seraph.Aena 2009-12-13 13:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing macaron-related I've seen suggested is that it gives you some sort of synthesis buff, but I really am not sure how to test that or which kind of macaron/synthesis skills that applies to (if it's even true in the first place).
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-13 13:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Of the 3 there are, coffee and cherry seem pretty easy and cheap to make, so I'll probably work with them first. Maybe it's one of those group foods or something. Only thing I hate is the almonds, gotta farm those since they don't really sell here.
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-12-13 13:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Just an FYI it's Cherry Macaron

I had a hell of a time finding the item after seeing this thread atleast until I discovered the mispelling. >.<

So Macarons are INT food is that the consensus?
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-13 13:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what's believed so far. I'm gonna hopefully have some made tonight to find out for sure.
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-13 23:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I'm calling BS on this so far. I'm gonna have to call this a POIDH situation. I tried both coffee and cherry macarons and got no stat + whatsoever. I even tried duoing with a friend and neither of us saw anything different.
 Seraph.Aena
By Seraph.Aena 2009-12-13 23:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Aena said:
The only thing macaron-related I've seen suggested is that it gives you some sort of synthesis buff, but I really am not sure how to test that or which kind of macaron/synthesis skills that applies to (if it's even true in the first place).
._. I have heard "synthesis skill +???%/30 min" so far.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-14 00:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but has anyone done real testing with it? I mean it isn't something you can just eyeball if it is +synth skill. Especially if it was +% vs certain skill number would take alot of testing lol
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-14 00:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Seraph.Aena said:
._. I have heard "synthesis skill +???%/30 min" so far.

I read that, but the OP stated that it gave him INT+7 MND+1, so that's what I was calling BS on, not what you said.
 Seraph.Aena
By Seraph.Aena 2009-12-14 01:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I still wonder if it was just a marketing ploy. :[
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-14 03:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Aena said:
I still wonder if it was just a marketing ploy. :[

I'm just glad I tested it before I decided to forsake my cream puffs for these. Only did 4 synths, 2 for cherry, 2 for coffee, all 4 HQed, so I'm now sitting on 4 of each that I'll most likely toss, but for now they'll go on a mule.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-12-14 04:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a thought..... Maybe they're bugged?

Remember when synergy just came out, how no one could see the npc+the synergy machines?

I know its been weeks since these were released, but its just a thought. Maybe you should put in a GM call, stefanos, and see if they have no intended effect, or if its just not affecting you.
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-14 12:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Well under the cherry macaron page here, someone listed they had no visible effects, so it's definitely not just me. I guess a GM call couldn't hurt, but I'm willing to bet I'll get the 'working as intended' thing.
 Ramuh.Jadell
By Ramuh.Jadell 2009-12-14 12:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried them out, at first didn't see anything so tried a couple more of them and saw the +7 INT and +1 MND. Gave them to a BLM friend to try out and he liked them for his blm. Call it what you will. Don't make them, don't try them out. At least I was willing to even try them out and to have someone try them.

As to the mispell... I didn't realize my keys didn't type out the one missing letter. Hmm I don't post much here, maybe I see why now. I don't BS ppl I just posted what I found when I tried them. If Im wrong im wrong but at least I tried.

Seraph.Aena
By Seraph.Aena 2009-12-14 12:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it only work on a particular race, maybe?
Kind of like some of the other food items that give bonuses to certain races, players wearing certain equipment, etc.

*just trying to brainstorm here*
 Ramuh.Jadell
By Ramuh.Jadell 2009-12-14 12:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

As I originally posted, it wouldn't let me post anything on the cherry macAron's page the info I found out. so maybe that is why you don't see anything beyond that they found no visible stats. I also stated that if anyone else wanted to they were free to do so.
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-14 12:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't get upset because I'm calling it BS when I also tested them and didn't see anything, I also tested it on 3 different mules with both macarons and saw no stats. This is why having pics of it help out. Were you in a party of 6? Was it a certain day they're activated? Double weather? What jobs were you on? I even tried these on SCH for different weather effects, and nothing happened. I just tried them again (for the third time) on my main, just now on Iceday, and no effect.
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-14 12:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Aena said:
Does it only work on a particular race, maybe?
Kind of like some of the other food items that give bonuses to certain races, players wearing certain equipment, etc.

*just trying to brainstorm here*

I thought that at first as well, but I tried it on 3/4 mules, each are a different race, and on my main. I had my friend try it to see if it's only a Mithra thing, and she didn't see anything.
 Ramuh.Jadell
By Ramuh.Jadell 2009-12-14 12:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Well maybe it was a fluke that I got the results that i did. Just thought I would pass on that info, my bad. It would have been much simpler to just say that you disagree with what someone has posted rather than imply they BS. But neither here nor there.... what was said was said. no harm no foul, time for a new day. Much appreciation to your testing and now we know it is just a useless food.
 Seraph.Aena
By Seraph.Aena 2009-12-14 12:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hrm... there weren't any accidental gear swaps between eating and checking, were there? ._.

Other than that, really no idea how to make a solid test about crafting skill.
 Ramuh.Jadell
By Ramuh.Jadell 2009-12-14 12:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Not by me, I wrote all my stats down prior to using them. I guess I just had a fluke result. My apology to everyone for this information.
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-14 12:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing I didn't get to check when I tried them was in a party of more than 2. I should've tried when I was doing MMM last night, I'll give it a shot tonight if we do MMM, since we don't use food anyways.
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-14 12:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Jadell said:
Not by me, I wrote all my stats down prior to using them. I guess I just had a fluke result. My apology to everyone for this information.

Apology accepted, it's just now I really wanna figure out what stats this food gives.
 Carbuncle.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Carbuncle
user: dameshi
By Carbuncle.Dameshi 2009-12-14 13:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it's based on skill in certain crafts? Just an idea.
 Seraph.Aena
By Seraph.Aena 2009-12-14 13:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps, what crafts do your INT-result character & the result-less character & mules have?
I'd presume some of the people trying it out would have various craft skills, though... any details on the people actually buying the Macarons? (unless they're just trying to test, too)

On the Cherry Macaron item page, Shyen even pointed out the "beloved dessert of artisans everywhere" part of its description in its comments, now.
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-14 13:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So far on Hades, only ones selling are kitron, at 50k a stack. For that kind of gil, I wouldn't be buying them to just test them. I'm gonna assume they know something.
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-14 14:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Dameshi said:
Maybe it's based on skill in certain crafts? Just an idea.

Well eliminate Alchemy and Cooking from that list, unless they have to be 100+. I have 98 Alchemy and 95 Cooking.
First Page 2