Forum » FFXI » General » Cherry macrons
Cherry macrons
 Seraph.Aena
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Phoenixe
By Seraph.Aena 2009-12-14 14:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really thinking the synthesis buff might be true now, since that was pointed out on Cherry Macaron's page and I hadn't even paid that much attention to the description.

What about Jadell's synthesis skills? What are they?
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-14 14:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

No clue on that, but there is something that is bugging me now. In the OP, it said that he had given it to a BLM, and he said his nukes were harder. Now assuming the BLM wasn't lying, could this possibly mean it could be MAB food?

If that's not the case, then I might have to actually do synergy and see if it affects thing there.

EDIT: Oh, and the OP's nukes were also harder. That further adds to my MAB theory.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-14 14:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

MAB would be pretty easy to test
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-14 14:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Indeed it would. I'd go test it, but I'm at work for another 8 hours. :/ Guess it'll have to wait until then.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-14 14:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah same thign here with the prices of kitron and the unavailability of cherry. Still if it did even only gave like 4-5 it would be interesting
 Seraph.Aena
By Seraph.Aena 2009-12-14 14:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/game/6954/1248542284/l50

Talking about eating Cherry/[Kitron] Macaron and synthesis/[HQ] rate...?
Vague non-understanding, anyone here who understands well?
I'll research more.

Japanese item description still says crafter's food.
Edit - here: http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/18414.html
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-14 14:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Aena said:
http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/game/6954/1248542284/l50 Talking about eating Cherry/[Kitron] Macaron and synthesis/[HQ] rate...? Vague non-understanding, anyone here who understands well? I'll research more. Japanese item description still says crafter's food.
It's hard to read since google translate semi fails but as far as I can tell they are talking about increased HQ rates which is a sign of certain skill lvls ranges
 Seraph.Aena
By Seraph.Aena 2009-12-14 14:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

True.
In that Wiki link, Kitron Macaron, Coffee Macaron, Cherry Macaron, Chocolate Rusk, Coconut Rusk, and Sugar Rusk have been put in the same grouping. All of them say the same artisan thing, too. I can't figure quite the information about synthesis at the bottom, Kitron being lowest...?
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-14 14:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Seraph.Aena said:
http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/game/6954/1248542284/l50 Talking about eating Cherry/[Kitron] Macaron and synthesis/[HQ] rate...? Vague non-understanding, anyone here who understands well? I'll research more. Japanese item description still says crafter's food.
It's hard to read since google translate semi fails but as far as I can tell they are talking about increased HQ rates which is a sign of certain skill lvls ranges

I noticed that too. Like I said earlier, I did 4 synths, 2 cherry, 2 coffee, got 4 HQs. If Wiki's correct, I would only be tier 2 on the coffees.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-14 14:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd really do alot more synths if I was gunna try to prove it. I mean lets take trumpet ring since I do that alot. It's T0 for me but generally HQs greater than 1% for some reason. Anyways I do about 100 synths a day from my fishing. I've never gotten 0 HQs a few times I've gotten 1 and another time I got 12( 7 were in a row even on a supposed 1% HQ rate lol)

Midgardsormr.Renala
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-12-14 15:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anyone ask a GM yet? Sorry to beat the same point again, but no one replied any info back..
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-12-14 15:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

That's weird how these things possibly give +7 INT and the craft lvl is half as much as cream puffs. I find this hard to believe.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-14 15:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Renala said:
Did anyone ask a GM yet? Sorry to beat the same point again, but no one replied any info back..
I didn't see it but since when has SE really ever realease info about how things work in the game lol? And for taht matter how often do the GMs even know anything about the game? Most the ones I get don't even really know what the *** I'm talking about in game and just go off with well um things seem to be working as intended to the point where once they told me things were one way and it was later release in POl news things were different.
 Ramuh.Jadell
user: jadell
By Ramuh.Jadell 2009-12-14 16:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Aena said:
I'm really thinking the synthesis buff might be true now, since that was pointed out on Cherry Macaron's page and I hadn't even paid that much attention to the description. What about Jadell's synthesis skills? What are they?

I am not a high level crafter my cooking level is only 38. I am right about at level for making these. I honestly did not post this to cause so much debate or discussion. If it has piqued someone's interest and they find out info all the better.

Seraph.Aena
By Seraph.Aena 2009-12-14 16:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I had recently wondered about this after seeing it in a JP player's Bazaar saying it boosted Synthesis skill a few days ago. Kind of really want to know now!
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-12-14 16:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more pleasured if the INT boost is true. 74 Cooking for me and these would save me a few gil instead of risking Cream Puffs or even buying on AH.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-14 16:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm only 60 cooking and don't have key item don't really feel like trying to get the gp for it either not with 2 veteran crafts to get gp for already. As for 7int meh ok I guess. Most the time I'd rather go for witch stew or melon pie+1 anyways.
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-14 16:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lilbusta said:
I'm more pleasured if the INT boost is true. 74 Cooking for me and these would save me a few gil instead of risking Cream Puffs or even buying on AH.
Hades.Stefanos said:
Ok I'm calling BS on this so far. I'm gonna have to call this a POIDH situation. I tried both coffee and cherry macarons and got no stat whatsoever. I even tried duoing with a friend and neither of us saw anything different.

So far no, but there's still hope. Soon as I get home I'm going to test to see if there's a chance these give MAB.

Still at work, so can't do jack yet, sorry. :(
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-12-14 16:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
I'm only 60 cooking and don't have key item don't really feel like trying to get the gp for it either not with 2 veteran crafts to get gp for already. As for 7int meh ok I guess. Most the time I'd rather go for witch stew or melon pie 1 anyways.

I always prefer Witch cookies for hMP and main food since MP and INT haven't been too much of a issue.
 Valefor.Ellise
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-12-14 16:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious to see how this works out, if anything maybe I can do some testing as well later on tonight.

Midgardsormr.Renala
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-12-14 17:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
I didn't see it but since when has SE really ever realease info about how things work in the game lol? And for taht matter how often do the GMs even know anything about the game? Most the ones I get don't even really know what the *** I'm talking about in game and just go off with well um things seem to be working as intended to the point where once they told me things were one way and it was later release in POl news things were different.

Well the main point of calling a GM is to find out if its working properly, or if its broken. Even if they can't(As they usualy can't) release any information about it.

Since if its based off so many factors, that'd be hard to program, And only a few people are seeing affects(Be it the int, or HQ rate), this might be broken. This is why I said to call a GM.

Edit: I'm going to try and make a few and see for myself, try and make something like meat miths with it on/off, and test the HQ theory.
 Shiva.Akajoyroth
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Akajoyroth 2009-12-14 19:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I have cooking at 100...JUST made 40 of them(3Stacks+4)...stripped naked and used it...did absolutely nothing. no Stat + no HMP no HHP...Went and stood infront of a Synergy Furnace and it did nithing. Hell I went to grab Sigil and still nothing...joined a campaign and did nothing got my HP down to 10% and nothing...now Im getting ready to do Limbus and bought a Kitron Mac (5k on AH on Shiva) to see wat effect it will have.

Could we have a MAB or MACC food on our hands?
 Seraph.Aena
By Seraph.Aena 2009-12-14 19:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I checked that person again, still says "30 Min. Synthesis Success Rate +??%." Still looking for where he could have got that from. ._.
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-14 22:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm testing them now, will be back later with the results.
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-14 22:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry guys, no MAB, nukes were exactly the same with food and without food. There's still the synergy theory and possibly the MAcc. one. Give me a minute to upload pics.

Here we go, ignore the chat.

With cherry macaron active (was naked):

When it wore off (was naked):

Shiva.Emobi
Server: Shiva
user: Emobi
By Shiva.Emobi 2009-12-16 16:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohhh macaroon, macaroon, lovely macaroon♪ how i love thee♪

omg multiplying!!

HEAVEN!!!! (^~^●)ノ