Favorite Party Setup?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Favorite Party Setup?
Favorite Party Setup?
First Page 2 3 4
 Hades.Rictor
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Spoon
By Hades.Rictor 2009-11-06 17:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not talking about your favorite merit pt setup, samsamsamsambrdrdm or whatever. I'm curious as to what we find to be the most fun setup. The other day I ptd with some peeps on birds @ 54 and found this setup to be an absolute blast:

Pld (me)
Nin
Thf
Drk
Sam
Rdm

This was fun because Nin could pop Innin for reduced enmity, boost to acc and crit and could take SATA from thf without having to rearrange our layout or setup 1st voke. Damage was excellent, I kept hate easy, and we ptd for a couple hours with no down time.

So: What's your favorite setup?
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-11-06 17:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Rictor said:

samsamsambrdcorrdm
 Hades.Rictor
By Hades.Rictor 2009-11-06 17:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
Hades.Rictor said:
samsamsambrdcorrdm

:P
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-11-06 17:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD
RDM
BRD
RNG
SAM
DRK

Would probably be mine. All of them would have to know how to play their job IE: DRK can't constantly souleater and forget to take it off -.- and the BRD would have to be good enough to pianissimo ballad the PLD and the RNG song. The RNG can't stand 6 miles back and keep pulling hate causing the PT to all run after it like an angry mob taking longer to kill it.

Otherwise i don't see a party going any smoother.

Sadly it almost never all works out this way.

{That's Interesting}
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-06 17:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Birds
Sam Sam dnc whm brd cor

Mamools
Sam Mnk dnc rdm brd cor
 Hades.Rictor
By Hades.Rictor 2009-11-06 17:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
PLD RDM BRD RNG SAM DRK Would probably be mine...the BRD would have to be good enough to pianissimo ballad the PLD

Summarized for simplicity. I've found that with rdm I only need the ballad every 15 minutes or so, assuming I'm getting refresh. But this is a great setup. Had my first bird pt with a rng a little while ago and I as blown away by how much damage (and hate) he took with absolutely no effort lol
 Fairy.Maimed
user: Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2009-11-06 17:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had a lot of fun on birds with with BRD RDM COR RNG RNG WAR. One of the RNG was a kclub rng and it was insane.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-11-06 17:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Had a party the other day; WAR, MNK, DRK, COR, BRD, BLU that was pretty fun.
 Hades.Rictor
By Hades.Rictor 2009-11-06 17:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Azulmagia said:

^ This, I never pt with enough blus these days. The spell versatility is so awesome, and headbutt is a lifesaver as both pld and nin. I would level blu if not for the fact that farming spells scares the hell out of me
 Fairy.Specopsz
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2009-11-06 17:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lolpartysetup

No really, theres no fav ones anymore, everyone has almost every job to 75.
So what ever I see, I grab.
 Valefor.Whitetiger
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Whitetiger 2009-11-06 17:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

DRG/BLU DRG/BLU DRG/BLU DRG/WAR COR BRD

On birds, having drg main healing is sweet, yet kills so fast, its so much excitement to me..
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-06 17:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You can main heal w/ 1 drg, there's no need to gimp the other 2 of /sam damage.
[+]
 Sylph.Jetu
Server: Sylph
user: Jetu
By Sylph.Jetu 2009-11-06 17:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Rictor said:
Fairy.Azulmagia said:
^ This, I never pt with enough blus these days. The spell versatility is so awesome, and headbutt is a lifesaver as both pld and nin. I would level blu if not for the fact that farming spells scares the hell out of me

problem with alot of blu's is they dont know how to conserve their MP & just spam all thei MP on 1mob & have to rest for 2 mobs, making alot of them a waste of space cause they suck

my fave pt was at lvl 61 Colibri camp: THF THF THF THF COR RDM, everything just died so fast with so many SA's & TA's going off

another fun pt was BST BST BST PLD COR RDM, i was on cor atthe time & was doing bst & pup rolls, their pets were raping eveything
 Leviathan.Kryptik
Server: Leviathan
user: phawk23
By Leviathan.Kryptik 2009-11-06 17:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh.. It depends on Level really if it is 70 then BST BST BST SMN SMN SMN some people don't understand how good a SMN can DD in Mire Pts... i can say that every time I go there we run out every other Pt....
 Leviathan.Kryptik
By Leviathan.Kryptik 2009-11-06 17:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kryptik said:
Meh.. It depends on Level really if it is 70 then BST BST BST SMN SMN SMN some people don't understand how good a SMN can DD in Mire Pts... i can say that every time I go there we run out every other Pt....

Ohh Yeah.. totally forgot you can switch out a SMN for a COR ^^
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-11-06 17:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kryptik said:
Leviathan.Kryptik said:

Ohh Yeah.. totally forgot you can switch out a SMN for a COR ^^

No PUP? i'm surprised Kryp...
[+]
 Leviathan.Kryptik
By Leviathan.Kryptik 2009-11-06 17:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohh ***lol Celest nah not in Mire but 55-70 Pup Rdm Cor Drg Pld Sam all the way lol...

Only way i did Mire PT's was Main Healing Pup/Whm Brd Pld War War Sam those were the good days and FYI im Taru so i got alot of MP + My Puppets
 Ramuh.Zangada
Server: Ramuh
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2009-11-06 18:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Dose no one like the old school sc and mb ptys? Thats when i lvled blm i and i loved it, not the xp of current tp burns but it was fun.
Tp burns r the same redundant crap and gets old fast.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-06 18:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I once had an amazing setup back in the day in Mount Zhayolm with me as PLD/WAR, a friend as BLM/WHM (Blindphleb, actually :D), RDM, WHM, MNK, and I think a SAM. It was amazing--The 2 DDs would do a Light skillchain, and Blind would Magic Burst (no one does those anymore!). RDM kept Refresh up, and WHM kept us hasted and shot a cure my way anytime I got Incinerated :) Pretty awesome.

I also love a THF or /THF in party, whether it's SAM/THF or BLU/THF, it's awfully fun. :D

But I'd have to say my best party was with 3 SAMs, a DRG, and an AMAZING BRD puller in Caedarva Mire on Imps. I don't recall the XP/hour, but it was definitely up there. The BRD would pull consistently and timed his pulls extremely well, I would Flash, wait, Provoke, Cure III for about 50% of the mob's HP, keeping hate until the DDs all WSed and instantly killed it, not even giving it a chance to Tantara. I can say for certain that each fight lasted 45 seconds exactly, because I was always able to have Flash up for the next fight, but just barely. :D
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-06 18:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Zangada said:
Dose no one like the old school sc and mb ptys? Thats when i lvled blm i and i loved it, not the xp of current tp burns but it was fun.
Tp burns r the same redundant crap and gets old fast.

Couldn't you say the same of SC and MB? You do the same thing each time. 1 person gets tp faster and has to hold it. Then they WS after each other and you wait for that and cast a spell. Rinse repeat. Same thing as repeating a ws every time you get 100.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-06 18:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

"I once had an amazing setup back in the day in Mount Zhayolm with me as PLD/WAR, a friend as BLM/WHM (Blindphleb, actually :D), RDM, WHM, MNK, and I think a SAM. It was amazing--The 2 DDs would do a Light skillchain, and Blind would Magic Burst (no one does those anymore!). RDM kept Refresh up, and WHM kept us hasted and shot a cure my way anytime I got Incinerated :) Pretty awesome."

What lv pt was this? Seems a bit high for mount Z. 70+ if a sam is doing light.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-11-06 18:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I had some fun a while ago with rng rng rng sam/dnc sam/dnc brd and the other was cor brd brd sam sam rng pt was on birds 55ish if i remember correctly..little *** didn't stand a chance.
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-06 18:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bird Merits:
WAR* WAR* DNC BRD COR RDM

WAR* can be SAM or MNK

Or replace the RDM with something else if there's an outside haster, which I usually have, but for the sake of consistancy I'll just do 6 party setups.

Dynamis/Ein etc:

WAR WAR* WAR* DNC BRD COR

WAR* can be SAM or MNK

Usually there's outside haste here, so yeah. Basically the same as a bird setup.

Salvage:

RDM BRD SAM* SAM* THF (last job depends)

Can be MNK
 Ramuh.Zangada
Server: Ramuh
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2009-11-06 18:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Ramuh.Zangada said:
Dose no one like the old school sc and mb ptys? Thats when i lvled blm i and i loved it, not the xp of current tp burns but it was fun. Tp burns r the same redundant crap and gets old fast.
Couldn't you say the same of SC and MB? You do the same thing each time. 1 person gets tp faster and has to hold it. Then they WS after each other and you wait for that and cast a spell. Rinse repeat. Same thing as repeating a ws every time you get 100.

Not really, different jobs require different sc and mb. You gotta work with what u have and whats the mobs weakness not just engage,swing,ws.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-06 18:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Zangada said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Ramuh.Zangada said:
Dose no one like the old school sc and mb ptys? Thats when i lvled blm i and i loved it, not the xp of current tp burns but it was fun. Tp burns r the same redundant crap and gets old fast.

Not really, different jobs require different sc and mb. You gotta work with what u have and whats the mobs weakness not just engage,swing,ws.

Yes but that's with diff pts. Once you're in the party, you're going to be repeating the same process until the party is over, no?
 Asura.Elvaton
Server: Asura
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-11-06 18:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD (me)
RDM
BRD
RNG
SAM
WAR

Can pretty much have any good melee DD in there i only care about the RDM and BRD. I just want my mother ucking refresh yo. lol
 Fenrir.Magicjunkie
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Magicjunkie 2009-11-06 18:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

i had a party few months back that was fun brd cor pld(me)blu blu rng
got AoE refresh's 9tic fresh @lv56 birds :p and it went really smooth tell the cor dozed off and they replaced him wit a reg dd then bard left 15mins after that.... then one of the blues sat to the side to help cure .. (3tic fresh and my taru decided hes shield was to heavy to block wit....)
 Hades.Rictor
By Hades.Rictor 2009-11-06 18:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kryptik said:
...some people don't understand how good a SMN can DD in Mire Pts...

QFT: I feel this way about smn in any zone though, avatar damage can really add up. I always feel bad for smns who are expected to main heal, and I avoid it all costs when putting pts together
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-11-06 18:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM, SAM, DRK, COR, BRD, RDM

Is my perfered meriting (bird) set up.

Rolls/songs are March x2, Choas and Corsairs.

* Sams should be using polearms, and doing what SAMs do.
* The DRK is there for the free boost on chaos roll (will probably parse 3rd, but as long as they are well geared should make up for the lose of another SAM with the stupid amount of attack that you get just for having a RDK in the party)
* BRD, COR and RDM are self explanitory
 Valefor.Integral
Server: Valefor
user: Caliber
By Valefor.Integral 2009-11-06 18:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

sam sam sam sam sam sam sam sam sam sam sam sam sam sam sam rdm

a meritalliance, if you will
First Page 2 3 4