Favorite Party Setup?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Favorite Party Setup?
Favorite Party Setup?
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-06 23:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

lol you say you're tired of slow and you get
"5x DD + COR is netting me 15k/hr as of right now."
w/ a PL?

I do 25-30k/hr w/ no PL and only 2-3 DDs.

If you were tired of slow, you'd find something better than 15k/hr. The average bird pt pick up group can do 17-20k/hr
[+]
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-06 23:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rydiya said:
My thingy isn't even updated.. I'm using Walkure w/e for the head (Crap luck with drop rates) Switched to SH, AF pants, AF feet. I know better on if I should fulltime AF body and hands or not, so I don't. AF body is only okayish for waltzes. Nothing more. Hands are only a quick swap in piece. I TP in lolBattle Gloves.

Stupid thingy not updating!! Battle Gloves are fine until dusk or whatever. There's really not much better, besides one piece I forgot it's name but meh. Your gear sounds fine then, feets aren't horrible, just bounding are better unless you think of them as inv-1. Just save your money for dusk, or wait for the cobra thingies. Speaking of I need to start campaigning again. ._.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-06 23:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Ninian said:
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
So you prefer the slowness of your new set up to the slowness of a traditional set up? Both are slow as compared to a party with a bard.
5x DD COR is netting me 15k/hr as of right now. My last party with a BRD, on BIRDS, got me a shitty 8k. Continue to argue with me if you want, but a shitty BRD (which my server is full of) won't replace a good DD.
lol'd. 8-15k/hr on birds.... really? <___<; I'd look into getting better DD.

Holy crap... I can solo that fast.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rydiya
Server: Bahamut
user: Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-11-06 23:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Ninian said:
Bahamut.Rydiya said:
My thingy isn't even updated.. I'm using Walkure w/e for the head (Crap luck with drop rates) Switched to SH, AF pants, AF feet. I know better on if I should fulltime AF body and hands or not, so I don't. AF body is only okayish for waltzes. Nothing more. Hands are only a quick swap in piece. I TP in lolBattle Gloves.

Stupid thingy not updating!! Battle Gloves are fine until dusk or whatever. There's really not much better, besides one piece I forgot it's name but meh. Your gear sounds fine then, feets aren't horrible, just bounding are better unless you think of them as inv-1. Just save your money for dusk, or wait for the cobra thingies. Speaking of I need to start campaigning again. ._.

I'm actually working on Cobra set. I figure, as I don't own SH+1 or anything, and if I'm not taking hate, I won't need the eva+

Dusk is definitely in my list though. ; ; DNC is my first melee-ish job so I'm a total nub on this stuff.
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-06 23:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rydiya said:
Dusk is definitely in my list though. ; ; DNC is my first melee-ish job so I'm a total nub on this stuff.

Yeah DNC was my first (and only, lol) meleeish job. Dusk is expensive but it's worth it. Or you can try for the Enkidu feets too to save on money. It's pretty much all about the Haste% and Acc+. Everything else is just icing. Oh and cure potency to swap in. xD AND STEPS!!... and stuff. I have an Eva+ set (it's meh) for whenever I feel like soloing/to macro in for Utsu:Ichi. Someday you should work on that too.
 Bismarck.Saleam
Server: Bismarck
user: Saleam
By Bismarck.Saleam 2009-11-06 23:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:

Both are slow as compared to a party with a bard.

I've had people leave a party because of a bards ego or fighting between a bard and pt leader or something. Any party will slowga if ANY job is incompetent. You're only as strong as your weakest member. At that point I'd rather be in a traditional pt. Not to say every bard has an ego haha, it hardly happens, but it does happen.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-06 23:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

And this is why you get a good brd?
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-06 23:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:

No this is why you ignore all and solo!
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-06 23:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't give any bards special treatment. If they suck, they're not rolling w/ me. Just like any other job.
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-11-06 23:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

One of my old time favorites from the old days of meriting in Lufaise was PLD RDM BLM SAM MNK WHM. Little to no downtime, tasty old school darkness skillchain with gekko & asuran with some blizzaga 3 :3
 Bismarck.Saleam
Server: Bismarck
user: Saleam
By Bismarck.Saleam 2009-11-07 00:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:

Wasn't talking about just meripo. Usually a lvl 75 brd knows there stuff by then anywho. But I can't judge if a brd is good or lolnot from /sea all x-y brd
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
Server: Lakshmi
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-11-07 00:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
I don't give any bards special treatment. If they suck, they're not rolling w/ me. Just like any other job.

Vegetto should level bard so he can roll 1 deep son!
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 00:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

haha
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2009-11-07 00:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

My best pt was a jp party:
NIN
NIN
NIN
RDM
BRD
BRD (my brd with relic)

Pulled 30k+ hr at Mamool Ja SP roaming the zone. Was fun and quick.

Most fun party:
WAR-Relic GA
DRG
MNK
DNC-my alt account
RDM
BRD

pulled off chain 310 at bird camp before everyone had to log off and get some sleep. Might have just been fun cause I wasn't on brd for a change?

Oh, ya I do miss the days of taking RNGs and THFs to do Perytons in the coast. Or pld, 2 melee, rdm, blm, whm or brd for Statues in sky. Sc and MB was way fun.
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2009-11-07 01:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree w/ ant as you can see in my SS on my acct my best pt was jp as well with ninjas x2 nins and a Sam.
On mamools.
 Shiva.Easygermany
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Easygermany 2009-11-09 05:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Meripo on Imps 5x SMN 1xBRD => BRD can be changed with a other SMN hehe
Meripo on Birds 3x DRG 2x BRD 1x SCH or WHM