Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 14 15
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-25 14:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole yellow paint debate, I get it. Can't disagree that it should be there for the people who need / want it, but it should be a menu toggle.

You want to be as customer inclusive as possible. There's multiple modes, disability controls, visual clues for the impaired etc it just should be optional for the purist too, people who think it ruins the immersion are stupid, that's a disability too.

They're being non-inclusive not catering to those that're mentally challenged.
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2024-02-25 15:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought the demo was fine, it was similar to remake. And we know the game opens up and isn't as linear anyway. The yellow paint thing doesn't bother me but maybe it could have been an option to toggle on/off.

My main gripe is it seemed too easy and the graphics are very cross-gen PS4ish.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-02-25 15:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care about the yellow paint but the giant walls with a chocobo on them took me out of it
By Rips 2024-02-25 15:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The yellow paint thing never dawned on me. I'm so unplugged.

Went digging to read about it and then saw it was in Re4 remake (which I just played.) It just didn't register.

I get that it can be silly, but are people truly insulted that it is in the game? Or do they just want to *** and be part of a conversation online so they don't feel invisible?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-25 15:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Just complaining to be heard.
[+]
By Rips 2024-02-25 15:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Just complaining to be heard.

I figured as much.

The bar is still so low.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-25 15:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Every time you think it can't possibly be lower, you'll be surprised.
By RadialArcana 2024-02-25 15:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Rips said: »
The yellow paint thing never dawned on me. I'm so unplugged.

Went digging to read about it and then saw it was in Re4 remake (which I just played.) It just didn't register.

I get that it can be silly, but are people truly insulted that it is in the game? Or do they just want to *** and be part of a conversation online so they don't feel invisible?

A large part of the fun of these games is not knowing the way, exploring and all the possible things you have yet to find.

Then you see this:

Ok now I know I don't need to explore or look around, I just need to go right for that yellow and press A on it to move to the next area. To then find the next yellow blob and do the same.

It changes how you think about what you're doing. At least for me anyway, I was wandering around looking at everything and then I saw that paint and stopped doing that completely, cause if something was important they would have a neon sticker on it obviously. Just went right to it and moved along to the next bit.

they put this yellow crap around because of streamers, and I get why they do that. audiences will get bored if the person gets lost for 5-10 minutes, it's ok for players to get lost and explore though. Devs seem to have forgotten that.
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2024-02-25 15:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The devs haven't put the yellow paint in for streamers. It's to make the game more accessible in general. Remake had rope on the floor to show where you are supposed to grapple.

Also:

[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-02-25 16:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The devs haven't put the yellow paint in for streamers. It's to make the game more accessible in general.

Accessible to morons / streamers.

If it was for people with vision problems? or something it would be a menu option for the .01% of people with that issues and that don't own glasses.
By Rips 2024-02-25 16:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Stephenjd said: »
The devs haven't put the yellow paint in for streamers. It's to make the game more accessible in general. Remake had rope on the floor to show where you are supposed to grapple.

Also:

Oof. Good point with this pic. I forgot about that.

Again, these things have been normal to many of us.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-25 16:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Stephenjd said: »

Also:

See this is how to do it right, that's toggleable. You can turn it off if you want to.
[+]
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2024-02-25 16:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The yellow paint helps direct you on the main path and yes it should be a toggle but from what I have read, there are plenty of secrets out in the world if you decide to stray away from the main path.
By RadialArcana 2024-02-25 17:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

>reach the end of the game
>in the seventh level of hell, surrounded by demons
>fighting for your life
>covered in blood
>exhausted
>about to fight the level 99 behemoth dragon
>bob the painter came yesterday and painted up the sheer cliff so you know where to go

[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2024-02-25 17:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Streamers are not game testers, who are the people that they are actually responding to.

I'd have preferred white myself but it's a crazy thing to create a controversy over
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-02-26 14:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
By RadialArcana 2024-02-26 17:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

They updated the first game, changed the wording at the ending from Aerith saying she missed the steel sky to I don't like the sky or something. Also covered up Tifa's cleavage in some flashbacks areas when she was younger and some minor battle changes.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-02-26 21:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

https://x.com/kenshirotism/status/1762243032802316797

Went from a day one buy to a discount buy. SE shooting themselves in the foot
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-02-26 22:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is that important atleast there is no forced gay kissing yet…
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-02-26 22:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

she already has the black undershirt on in rebirth, the patch in the Remake cutscene is for continuity
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-02-27 04:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't decide if Square are utterly incompetent and oblivious, or if some big share holders were mad Tifa went viral a week before release cause of her tiddies.

Even if you wanted to do this for artistic reasons, why would you censor the game 3 days before the release of the sequel (when they have not touched the game at all for 4 years prior). The game has been going viral on all sides cause of boobs (just as the RE big booby woman did), they had an almost complete victory position and now they have alienated people who like fan service again.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-02-27 05:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Square are utterly incompetent and oblivious
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-02-27 05:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

People getting real emotional over a 15 y/o having her cleavage covered up in a 20 second cutscene
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-02-27 06:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
https://x.com/kenshirotism/status/1762243032802316797

Went from a day one buy to a discount buy. SE shooting themselves in the foot
its for continuity they added the black shirt in rebirth than they had to change it
By RadialArcana 2024-02-27 06:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Logically speaking it makes more sense to wait for a deep sale, which is why logic is a bad argument for doing things people don't like.

The timing is the stupid part, they could have done this a year ago or next month. Instead they do it days before launch, now they alienate a lot of people pointlessly.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-27 06:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Expecting them not to shoot themselves in the foot was your mistake

But also; right before the game becomes available is the best time to stir ***up in 202X idiots will spread the controversy and any publicity is good publicity. Free advertising.
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-02-27 06:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Logically speaking it makes more sense to wait for a deep sale, which is why logic is a bad argument for doing things people don't like.

The timing is the stupid part, they could have done this a year ago or next month. Instead they do it days before launch, now they alienate a lot of people pointlessly.

Why are people mad for this and not FF16 Forcing BS on your screen?
By RadialArcana 2024-02-27 07:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Expecting them not to shoot themselves in the foot was your mistake

But also; right before the game becomes available is the best time to stir ***up in 202X idiots will spread the controversy and any publicity is good publicity. Free advertising.

This is true, I understand the logic behind rage bait to make a game go viral. You farm the hate from the minority, hoping this attention makes antiwoke youtubers cover the game for free, and then more people see your product and possibly buy it. Netflix does this all the time, which is why everything they make is trash. They intentionally annoy fans of the franchises to get a larger discussion war and hope the masses see it because of it.

However, they already had the virality from the tifa boobs video and now they are simply farming fail.
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2024-02-27 09:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
People getting real emotional over a 15 y/o having her cleavage covered up in a 20 second cutscene

It's extremely weird and gross that people have an issue with covering up a minor. I feel certain people's hard drives need to be checked...
By Viciouss 2024-02-27 09:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Trolls will troll. Preload is live, 150 GB so you gonna need to delete ***!
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 14 15