Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-01 11:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
star ranks on all the piano songs
You only need A rank, unless thats what you meant.
 Bahamut.Mhysa
Server: Bahamut
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2024-04-01 18:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

*** Rufus in Hard Mode, that’s all I got to say.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-04-01 18:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mhysa said: »
*** Rufus

yes

Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2024-04-02 00:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
star ranks on all the piano songs
You only need A rank, unless thats what you meant.

Nah, I meant star. Full masochism mode.
By Ruaumoko 2024-04-02 03:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously, *** that final boss fight.

Whoever decided it was a good idea to give three of seven forms access to an AoE 1 HP critical attack, and any game over results in restarting the entire fight, needs to do one.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mhysa
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2024-04-02 08:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Seriously, *** that final boss fight.

Whoever decided it was a good idea to give three of seven forms access to an AoE 1 HP critical attack, and any game over results in restarting the entire fight, needs to do one.

That fight burnt me out terribly, but according to some people, we were just clicking the wrong option. If you click the first one it puts you right on the fight you actually died.
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
Server: Asura
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-04-02 10:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

ah ya i did that too couple of times new restart from phase 1 .... it sucked, than next time i clicked the other 1
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-02 11:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

https://gamerant.com/ff7-final-fantasy-vii-rebirth-confusing-game-over-screen-retry-sephiroth/

Clearly a lot of people were confused by the game over options, and options 1 and 2 are definitely confusing.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-14 21:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

*** the Barret solo fight. *** unskippable cutscenes too.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2024-04-14 22:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It could be worse. You could have Final Fantasy XVI's unskippable mid-fight movies cutscenes.
[+]
By Banhammer 2024-04-15 10:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I liked this game but g*d d@mn the NPC's are UGLY
By Draylo 2024-04-15 23:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So I finally finished it after taking my sweet time with it, overall I really enjoyed it.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-04-16 02:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Banhammer said: »

There is a little discussed reason for that, all these AAA companies are outsourcing to low quality Indian sweatshops. This is why all these big budget games seem to suddenly have ugly side characters.

Square Enix used to have very high standards, but saving money > high standards. They have stated they are going to stop doing this, but we will see. It's hard to stop using indian sweatshop labor whee you can hire 300 people for the price of 50 at home artists.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/57799/phil-spencer-blames-capitalism-for-bad-games/#3698599
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-04-16 02:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Banhammer said: »

There is a little discussed reason for that, all these AAA companies are outsourcing to low quality Indian sweatshops. This is why all these big budget games seem to suddenly have ugly side characters.

Square Enix used to have very high standards, but saving money > high standards. They have stated they are going to stop doing this, but we will see. It's hard to stop using indian sweatshop labor whee you can hire 300 people for the price of 50 at home artists.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/57799/phil-spencer-blames-capitalism-for-bad-games/#3698599

Random NPCS are not Side Characters they are there just to Fake immerse you Side characters are the Characters with interesting Quests like the INN GUY
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-04-16 02:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

*** the Barret solo fight. *** unskippable cutscenes too.
the solo fight was fun you use the Surrounding man surprised its not popular
By Afania 2024-04-16 03:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Suddenly? Art outsourcing in the entertainment industry has been a thing since 1990s. Go check FF7 OG and FF10 credits, plenty of external studios in the credits. The fact that FF7 OG FMV has 2 different character size probably has something to do with outsourcing communication.

If you can't tell back then but able to tell now after reading some internet articles informing you such practice, then the problem is not choosing to outsource, it is SE art department quality control problem.
By RadialArcana 2024-04-16 03:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem isn't outsourcing itself, even ff11 and ff14 had/have other Japanese companies do outsource work on expansions.

The problem is they are using sweatshop outsourcing in India cause it's laughably cheap, which is why all these AAA games have ugly *** NPC characters. To the point it's a meme now, Starfield and DD2 being among the worst cause the quality control was non-existent.

The issue with fF7/r is the quality of the main characters is very high and they are very pretty, so by contrast even these higher quality (than starfield) sweatshop made side characters look out of place.

Square stated last month they are unhappy with the quality of the "outsource" work and are going to stop doing it going forward, we will see though.

https://www.pcgamer.com/square-enix-plans-to-oust-outsourcers-as-it-reviews-the-companys-development-process-from-scratch/

Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-04-16 03:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem isn't outsourcing itself, even ff11 and ff14 had/have other Japanese companies do outsource work on expansions.

The problem is they are using sweatshop outsourcing in India cause it's laughably cheap, which is why all these AAA games have ugly *** NPC characters. To the point it's a meme now, Starfield and DD2 being among the worst cause the quality control was non-existent.

The issue with fF7/r is the quality of the main characters is very high and they are very pretty, so by contrast even these higher quality (than starfield) sweatshop made side characters look out of place.

Square stated last month they are unhappy with the quality of the "outsource" work and are going to stop doing it going forward, we will see though.

https://www.pcgamer.com/square-enix-plans-to-oust-outsourcers-as-it-reviews-the-companys-development-process-from-scratch/

BRO ITS UGLY AS *** BECAUSE OF UNREAL UNREAL IS A ***OVERHYPED ENGINE THAT IS THE *** PROBLEM WITH NEW GAMES LATELY IT MAKES ALL GAMES LOOK THE SAME EVEN NPC'S THAT IS THE PROBLEM,
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-04-16 03:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Thunderjet said: »
BECAUSE OF UNREAL UNREAL

No it's not.

I'm not a fan of Unreal Engine (mainly cause it's bloated asf, and makes install sizes ridiculously large), but this is not the problem. This is a cheap labor problem and one Square have acknowledged is hurting their games.

False economy at work, from robot suits in charge of these companies.
[+]
 Bahamut.Drumskull
By Bahamut.Drumskull 2024-04-16 04:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Thunderjet said: »
BECAUSE OF UNREAL UNREAL

No it's not.

I'm not a fan of Unreal Engine (mainly cause it's bloated asf, and makes install sizes ridiculously large), but this is not the problem. This is a cheap labor problem and one Square have acknowledged is hurting their games.

False economy at work, from robot suits in charge of these companies.
ok but unreal engines def suck tho
[+]
By Afania 2024-04-16 05:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

even ff11 and ff14 had/have other Japanese companies do outsource work on expansions.

Idk about FF11, but I know lot of FF14 assets are outsourced to studios outside of Japan lol. I guess you didn't know without internet article telling you.

Duh of course low GDP countries will have lower salary than high GDP countries. This applies to all jobs. But that does not mean low GDP country work is inherently worse than high GDP country work.

Like I said, outsourcing work to low GDP countries has been a thing since 1990, large amount of Disney TV shows that you watched in your childhood are made in Asia for example. If you didn't have a problem back then why do you suddenly think it is a problem now after you read some internet articles?

With customers demanding open world big games everywhere, and rejecting AAA price increase to higher than $70, outsourcing is literally the only way to meet the customer demand. Any other solution such as cutting the asset count(bad for customers), increase the game price(bad for customers) or cutting Japanese/American salaries (bad for those employees) are even worse.

If you have evidence that one particular outsource studio is doing a bad job then critize that studio or SE quality control department. Don't critize the entire system that has been proven to work for 3 decades for a recent problem that you noticed.

Or start paying $120 for AAA open world games so no one will need to outsource anything anymore.
 Asura.Qibble
user: KibbleK
By Asura.Qibble 2024-04-16 05:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Outsourced or not, Bethesda has never made an attractive character model.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-04-16 05:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Say that to her FACE
By Afania 2024-04-16 08:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Qibble said: »

Outsourced or not, Bethesda has never made an attractive character model.

This too. There is a difference between characters looking ugly because of design choice, and characters looking ugly because of outsource.

If a character has drastically different style, color, detail level or art direction this could be outsource/quality control problem. If a character simply looks more ugly than the main cast, this is often a design choice.

Without being on specific on the actual asset problem details, this entire complaint targeting on outsource studios sounds like personal vendetta from an internet article.
By RadialArcana 2024-04-16 08:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

There are worse examples, many even in the demo they tried to sell the game on but I'm too lazy to find more.
By Afania 2024-04-16 09:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

There are worse examples, many even in the demo they tried to sell the game on but I'm too lazy to find more.

What's wrong with these NPC lol? Sure they are not as pretty as Cloud and Tifa, because they are NPC not the main cast. NPCs aren't supposed to be mind-blowingly beautiful and take away player's attention from the main cast.

You don't know if these NPC looks like this is because of design choice or not. And you don't even know if Lakshya Digital did these NPC or not. SE outsourced assets to dozens of external studios, most of them are Japanese. Lakshya Digital is only one studio out of dozens. How do you know it is 100% their fault?

Need more evidence before this complaint can be taken seriously...
By RadialArcana 2024-04-16 09:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Afania 2024-04-16 09:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Design choice, okay.

Read my above comment: design choice is NOT the same as quality.

If a world only has Tifa level of pretty characters in it it will be fake as ***, players will have pretty characters fatigue too. Of course some NPC will look different for more variety. This is called design choice. Idk why you have to use this as a reason to attack non-Japanese outsource studios for it.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-16 10:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The ongoing argument of uglification of female characters has to do with main characters, not NPC filler. I cant save the planet if every person I run into is Sydney Sweeney. I really dont care if random non-interactive NPC number 69,420 fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. Would you rather a town filled with all of four people? Perhaps every person on the planet looking exactly the same?
By RadialArcana 2024-04-16 10:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The ongoing argument of uglification of female characters has to do with main characters, not NPC filler. I cant save the planet if every person I run into is Sydney Sweeney. I really dont care if random non-interactive NPC number 69,420 fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. Would you rather a town filled with all of four people? Perhaps every person on the planet looking exactly the same?

The point is they are doing it to save money, they are not hiring JP developers (or laying people off in the west) and taking advantage of sweatshop art companies in the 3rd world where these people get paid very low wages.

Square are one of the few companies that have made a public statement about not doing this in future, so they obviously know it's bad too.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15