users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth
Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 14 15
By SimonSes 2024-03-05 08:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Thunderjet said: »
SimonSes said: »
This is gonna be a really hard time to resist buying PS5 and wait for PC/PS5pro XD
i dunno i think it was worth it for me

I have PS4 pro and high end PC. I would need to buy PS5 just for Rebirth and only to have it earlier, because I will get it eventually anyway, so I don't think it's worth it for me.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-05 08:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly if you can resist a few months, waiting for PC is the play. Game looks like relative blurry *** in PS5 performance mode and Quality mode brings the framerate too low. PC will solve this problem and no doubt include additional enhancements on top. PS5 itself only has like 3 or 4 games that you can't get elsewhere too so the price to entry is hard to justify unless you can find a secondhand one very cheap.
[+]
By Viciouss 2024-03-05 08:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Patch for Performance Mode coming

Seems like they are aware of their biggest issue. So there is that at least.
By Drayco 2024-03-05 10:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The first time I tried Final Fantasy 15 was on a Xbox One. The awful detail level, the framerate, the UI, everything was just bad. I forget how far I made it, but it wasn't far. Few hours tops.

I later tried FF15 again when it was released on PC and I actually liked the game. I could tell what was happening in the battles and everything was so much clearer and easier to read. I full cleared FF15, including the secret dungeon, and really enjoyed it.

PC is always the way to go, especially if you have a high end build. I always try to buy the PC versions the day they come out to help promote the release of these on PC. My hope is one day we won't have these 1-2 year waits for no reason other than Sony wants to lock people into consoles.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-03-05 10:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Patch for Performance Mode coming

Seems like they are aware of their biggest issue. So there is that at least.
FF7 A Realm Reborn!
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-05 11:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Drayco said: »
My hope is one day we won't have these 1-2 year waits for no reason other than Sony wants to lock people into consoles.

In this case the Rebirth exclusivity agreement only lasts until May. Whether SE will have a PC version ready by then is unknown but let's hope. I'm not gonna do NG+ on PS5 that's for sure
By SimonSes 2024-03-05 12:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Drayco said: »
My hope is one day we won't have these 1-2 year waits for no reason other than Sony wants to lock people into consoles.

In this case the Rebirth exclusivity agreement only lasts until May. Whether SE will have a PC version ready by then is unknown but let's hope. I'm not gonna do NG+ on PS5 that's for sure

May? I thought it was one year..

Holy ***you are right! It's only 29.05
You have just made my day :D
[+]
By Godfry 2024-03-05 12:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I really wanted to have liked the remake but I didn't. I don't like the "reunion" approach. I felt like Sephiroso's motive were simpler and more legit on the original one.

For you who is already playing Rebirth, how strong is the Reunion plot on this one?
By RadialArcana 2024-03-05 14:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the reason so many loved original ff7 (including me) was firstly becasue the story was rather vague and difficult to understand, or we were too young to get what was really going on beyond the surface level. Secondly becasue the high emotion of Aerith dying was a huge deal, making the player feel something is a massive thing and will make the game memorable forever with you. I cried at that scene,and I think most did. Not only that but you lose an important team mate. It was a huge emotional deal.

Added to this the rage at Sephiroth now was immeasurable and it pushed you on to complete the game (this same emotion won't be in the remake for numerous reasons imo).

The problem with the remake is we are older and so will understand the story better and also we know most of the major plot twists already. On a surface level the story is uplifing and fun, in reality it's actually kind of dark and depressing.
By Godfry 2024-03-05 15:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
I think the reason so many loved original ff7 (including me) was firstly becasue the story was rather vague and difficult to understand, or we were too young to get what was really going on beyond the surface level. Secondly becasue the high emotion of Aerith dying was a huge deal, making the player feel something is a massive thing and will make the game memorable forever with you. I cried at that scene,and I think most did. Not only that but you lose an important team mate. It was a huge emotional deal.

Added to this the rage at Sephiroth now was immeasurable and it pushed you on to complete the game (this same emotion won't be in the remake for numerous reasons imo).

The problem with the remake is we are older and so will understand the story better and also we know most of the major plot twists already. On a surface level the story is uplifing and fun, in reality it's actually kind of dark and depressing.

I would disagree. At least for me the experience was great because Sephiroth had a legitimate reason to be mad, and he was... Once he found out who he really was he decided to just murder the entire planet (some other lesser important reasons).

I feel like today stories are so heavily influenced by GOT plot twists that they can't come up with cool straightforward villain anymore. Also, every new version of Sephiroth feels like he is more heavily invested (emotionally) in Cloud. I've always seen Cloud as a failed experiment that ended up exceeding. expectations.
By RadialArcana 2024-03-05 16:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Godfry said: »
I would disagree. At least for me the experience was great because Sephiroth had a legitimate reason to be mad, and he was... Once he found out who he really was he decided to just murder the entire planet (some other lesser important reasons).
[+]
By Draylo 2024-03-05 19:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I got an extra shrina bangle II. Anyone want it
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2024-03-05 20:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

But of course I do
By RadialArcana 2024-03-06 10:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

how to do it well
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2024-03-07 07:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Drumskull said: »
Ff7r has the highest physical sales for ps, we dont know the full number of sales or how much phyiscal sales yet. But i gurantee it kicks final devil may cry off the road

Rebirth sold less than 16 in Japan so far.

Looks like Rebirth is going to sell similar to 16 or maybe less.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-03-07 07:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no official worldwide sales for Rebirth, yet, not gonna have to wait long for those. Where are you picking your numbers?

Granted in Europe Rebirth sold ~30% less than Remake but that's completely irrelevant, given the numbers of PS4 around when Remake came out compared to the number of PS5 now.

I'd be surprised to se FF7 Rebirth Sell less than FF16 but then again I can see that happening eh
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2024-03-07 07:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Famitsu sales numbers. Sold 260kish compared to 330kish for 16.

PS5 games just don't sell well in Japan for some reason.

We also had worldwide numbers for 16 after 6 days. Rebirth has now been out for 7 days and Square Enix have not tweeted anything yet so I guess we'll see.

A lot more PS5's have been sold in the last 9 months too which makes it even more weird.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-03-07 08:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

This crusade to appeal to younger audiences is not working, and all they are doing is alienating their core audience. This is why each game is selling less than the last, because they are alienating more and more of their fanbase each time.

Fire the CEO, get one that is a Japanophile and not a westaboo.

Also Sony have the exact same problem too, they have been censoring more and more and even moved their head office to California.

Nobody wants JP companies to act this way.
[+]
By Godfry 2024-03-07 09:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

This crusade to appeal to younger audiences is not working, and all they are doing is alienating their core audience. This is why each game is selling less than the last, because they are alienating more and more of their fanbase each time.

Fire the CEO, get one that is a Japanophile and not a westaboo.

Fromsoftwate gave these hoes the formula. They are just too damn deep into the tik-tok world.

Here I sit waiting for Shadows of the Erdtree.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-03-07 09:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This crusade to appeal to younger audiences is not working, and all they are doing is alienating their core audience.
I hate woke design, but I'm really not seeing it in rebirth. Could you clarify what you're talking about here, if it's not woke design?

My only real complaint is that they're still dedicated to console exclusives. Game has amazing visual assets(per usual for SE), and it's disappointing to play at 30 fps or sacrifice quality when I already have other hardware perfectly capable of playing it at a stable 4k60 or better. The shorter exclusive agreement is nice this time around, but still seems like they do most of their QA and optimization for PS5 if you look at the initial state of the last few PC FF releases.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-03-07 10:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

When I say that I mean they keep pushing action combat in these games, and they keep saying it's to appeal to younger gamers. Well if that's the case they need to show proof it's doing what they say they want, and it's not. I think if this game was true to the original story, didn't put the "modern western gaming" crap in it (the press trigger to crawl stuff) and had enhanced turn based combat it would've sold far higher numbers.

That aside, the demo was honestly terrible and I think it hurt sales. I could write paragraphs about why it was bad, it was awful and personally turned me from mostly positive to mostly negative over the course of a couple of hours.

The game itself has many good things about it and has a lot of content, it's better than 15,16,r. The action combat isn't terrible, but I still think it's a bad match for this game and is mashy to build atp, but it has awful things that will alienate people too. The story changes are just utterly stupid imo and the padding to make the game fit into 3 parts is awful to the point they make the game boring.

The game isn't awful overall but for a fan of the original it borders on it imo.

The Aerith scene is
It's sad that the best game in a line of 4 games is selling the worst, but part of that imo is it's paying for the sins of the previous games (in particular ff16)
[+]
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2024-03-07 10:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Paying for the sins of 16? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-03-07 10:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Stephenjd said: »
Paying for the sins of 16? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes, I think ff16 is garbage (as a ff game, and I think most JP players would not appreciate a game of thrones clone as a FF mainline game either). It's important to keep in mind that most gamers don't punish companies for games they don't like (because they preorder or buy blind), they punish them for the game that comes after they one they didn't like.

This game sold way under half what remake did, and about 150k less than 16 (which all had a ps5)
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-03-07 10:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

oh and censoring remake before launch of rebirth was also dumb as hell, they took a massive W and turned it into a PR L.
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2024-03-07 10:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

FF and home console gaming has declined in Japan since the early 2000's.

Games of any description have not sold well on the PS5 in Japan. 16 is currently the best selling PS5 game in Japan. 16 had nothing to do with Rebirth sales numbers. Its just you being weird about 16 again because you didn't like it.

It also has nothing to do with being more 'woke' or whatever because the console games that do sell well in Japan are Nintendo games. The most PC and safe games company there is...
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-03-07 10:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

...a westaboo.
I ALWAYS wanted a label! All you weebs have one, so now I know what I am! Thanks!
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-03-07 10:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If Square had made ff7 remake as a two part game, that was faithful to the original story (expanded some was fine) with enhanced turn based combat do you think it would have sold better and been a batter game.

I'm curious if you think this is the best ff7 remake we could have had.
By Godfry 2024-03-07 10:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Games of any description have not sold well on the PS5 in Japan. 16 is currently the best selling PS5 game in Japan. 16 had nothing to do with Rebirth sales numbers. Its just you being weird about 16 again because you didn't like it.

It also has nothing to do with being more 'woke' or whatever because the console games that do sell well in Japan are Nintendo games. The most PC and safe games company there is...

Lmao... "the games are great.. the buyers just don't know better" attitude.

Fromsoftware, Rockstar, Ubisoft (until AC Black Flag) almost went bankrupt huh?

You make a good product, people buy it. That's it.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-07 10:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

turn based combat
Is it time for your mid-day nap grandpa?
[+]
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2024-03-07 11:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Godfry said: »

Lmao... "the games are great.. the buyers just don't know better" attitude.

Fromsoftware, Rockstar, Ubisoft (until AC Black Flag) almost went bankrupt huh?

You make a good product, people buy it. That's it.

The games are great though? And if you are comparing FF with a Rockstar game that has 5-10 years of mega expensive development I really don't know what to say. Remake and Rebirth were made in UE4 and are both likely to be profitable games for the company, same with 16. It's the exclusivity that is killing the numbers, especially not being on PC.

Also which of the games made by the companies you have listed have done better in Japan on PS5 than FF16 and Rebirth?
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 14 15