Are You Playing In FFXI-HORIZON Server?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » are you playing in FFXI-HORIZON server?
are you playing in FFXI-HORIZON server?
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-01-15 14:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

How is this "a 75 era server" if its got thousands of behind-the-scenes changes that you need to "play to find out whats changed"?
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-01-15 14:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It is also very easy to stop korroloka burns. Like actually a dozen options lol.

Alter the mob behavior, no aggroing the puller. No linking. Raise their damage output. Raise their hp. Give full thunder nullification. Alter sync to maximum range of 10. Change the mobs.

Base exp on highest target mob has acted on *or* highest target who has acted on the mob, instead of just highest target who has acted on mob. Bonus of adding a potential downside to a PL aggressively overcuring.
[+]
 Asura.Toeknee
Server: Asura
user: Darksyn
By Asura.Toeknee 2023-01-15 14:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »
The only thing I am 'defending' retail against is people who haven't done anything in it in the past few years making claims about something they've not done or experienced. Despite what the other user going in circles with me about said, it seems pretty common that people are repeating the same myths over and over despite not done anything in retail for ages. I can see why Horizons and 75-cap appeals to people, I'm not faulting anyone for that.

"I tried the content and it wasn't for me" is different than "I read on a forum everything can be soloed with Trusts, so it's too easy", the latter is what I'm pointing out.

I totally understand that, but that observation isn't pulled out of thin air. Whether it's misrepresented or exaggerated, the game largely does feel more like a single player RPG than it has in the past. I'm not even talking about mercs, 6-boxing, bots - just the game experience in general. There are aspects of the game that just don't really exist anymore, and that's fine it's 20 years old. Some people just want a different type of gameplay and they clearly aren't getting it from retail. Even if that was just 2 years ago, where there was arguably more to do anyway.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-01-15 14:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toeknee said: »
Asura.Iamaman said: »
The only thing I am 'defending' retail against is people who haven't done anything in it in the past few years making claims about something they've not done or experienced. Despite what the other user going in circles with me about said, it seems pretty common that people are repeating the same myths over and over despite not done anything in retail for ages. I can see why Horizons and 75-cap appeals to people, I'm not faulting anyone for that.

"I tried the content and it wasn't for me" is different than "I read on a forum everything can be soloed with Trusts, so it's too easy", the latter is what I'm pointing out.

I totally understand that, but that observation isn't pulled out of thin air. Whether it's misrepresented or exaggerated, the game largely does feel more like a single player RPG than it has in the past. I'm not even talking about mercs, 6-boxing, bots - just the game experience in general. There are aspects of the game that just don't really exist anymore, and that's fine it's 20 years old. Some people just want a different type of gameplay and they clearly aren't getting it from retail. Even if that was just 2 years ago, where there was arguably more to do anyway.

If there are "aspects of the game that just don't really exist anymore" its very likely because the playerbase has "aspects of real life that just didn't exist back then"- ie responsibilities, families, and other life moments that result in most people I game with not having 3+ hours in a single session available most days. I joke that 20 years ago I lost ppl in XP parties b/c of their parents, but today I lose 'em b/c of their kids.

I'll never understand those who think legacy/private/75cap servers will bring back all the feels from those days. We've changed too much and the memories are more tied to the people and what we were then than they are connected to the content style.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Trixi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Trixi
By Ragnarok.Trixi 2023-01-15 14:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

There are people who leveled BST solo the first year of NA launch and prior, and then there is everyone else. No sane person who went through that PTSD inflicting experience would ever want to do that again. It was fun and a great unique experience to have back then, but just the thought of leveling any job from 25-70 with pugs sounds miserable today.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-01-15 14:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure I agree with the thin air part, it absolutely seems pulled out of thin air in many cases. When someone says "I haven't logged into retail for 4 years, but it's xyz", that's more or less pulled out of thin air or repeated from someone else saying something, it's not founded in experience.

That said, like I said earlier, I think a lot of the problem is that the content that is more difficult, more punishing, and community oriented is locked behind a lot of progression. In 75-cap and previous generations, you could walk out of some cities and have difficult content, so that aspect is certainly lost. I can see how someone could play for a while, largely ignore the newer content like Odyssey and Sortie, and draw conclusions, but it doesn't mean these conclusions are correct.

If you prefer the game in a state where you die walking to Jeuno, then that is reasonable, I can understand that. If you prefer a different type of game and experience, that's fine. If you are going to talk about how the game is easy, soloable with trusts, with no community and you haven't done any of the updated content, thats what I'm pointing out as lacking any basis.
[+]
By Nariont 2023-01-15 14:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
If there are "aspects of the game that just don't really exist anymore" its very likely because the playerbase has "aspects of real life that just didn't exist back then"

Kinda? Retail has no sky/sea farming anymore, everything is instance popped with little grinding required to get to them, what grinding is left is just the rp/rng variety, i think some just like that slower path to NMs or whatever, cant say i agree too much since some of my worst memories are in sky/sea but the appeal is out there for some. There's also just not as much alliance content anymore, for better or worse, you have/had dyna and omen, and that's about it.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-01-15 15:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-01-15 15:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Trixi said: »
There are people who leveled BST solo the first year of NA launch and prior, and then there is everyone else. No sane person who went through that PTSD inflicting experience would ever want to do that again. It was fun and a great unique experience to have back then, but just the thought of leveling any job from 25-70 with pugs sounds miserable today.

On retail it's actually fun, all the QoL changes make it a blast to go around stomping monsters.

Virtually all the nostalgia people have for 75-era can still be obtained by simply making a 75 cap character and running around with them. Level Sync allows friends to come goof off with you and reexperience dealing with Goblins in Yhoatar Jungle, chasing down AF quests, hunting coffer keys and so forth.
 Ragnarok.Trixi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Trixi
By Ragnarok.Trixi 2023-01-15 15:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I should clarify that I meant level 25-70 in 75era / private server. Today retail it's fun to do, yes.
By Aquapenguin 2023-01-15 15:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Here is the coming year for horizon:

People will start killing bst pets for XP, so they don't have to group up. On a server that's supposed to be about grouping up LoL.
People will start organizing summoner burn parties in KT.
People will start paying to be allowed in SMN burn parties.
Smn burn parties will allow people to cap jobs in a day.
People will create cliques and not invite randoms anymore.

There is already a thriving RMT industry.

You're not on a utopia, you're just resetting back to the start of the road. The destination will be the same, and then you'll want a new server and the months and years you put into getting a few jobs to 75 will be wiped and you start again.

There's significantly growing exp penalty starting when you are 10 lvls over the synced lvl.
By fillerbunny9 2023-01-15 15:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The Korroloka solution is simple: nerf bat Wild Card into the ground whenever they get around to introducing COR. That two hour cooldown will prevent spamming.
 Asura.Toeknee
user: Darksyn
By Asura.Toeknee 2023-01-15 15:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
If there are "aspects of the game that just don't really exist anymore" its very likely because the playerbase has "aspects of real life that just didn't exist back then"

Kinda? Retail has no sky/sea farming anymore, everything is instance popped with little grinding required to get to them, what grinding is left is just the rp/rng variety, i think some just like that slower path to NMs or whatever, cant say i agree too much since some of my worst memories are in sky/sea but the appeal is out there for some. There's also just not as much alliance content anymore, for better or worse, you have/had dyna and omen, and that's about it.

This was more along the lines of what I was referencing. Also, call me a masochist, but I actually enjoyed leveling - slowly working up through new abilities, gear, and all that comes with it.
By Nariont 2023-01-15 16:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leveling was hit/miss I think id probably find it more fun where everyones still trying to find new/alternate camps, once the pop died down and level sync became the norm leveling became a lot less fun as it was just a set pattern for the most part to 75, and then again with merit camps, but when you had a good camp with good conversation since game speed is relatively lax compared to 99/ilvl period, leveling can be pretty relaxing
By GetHelpNerd 2023-01-15 16:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

you already can't do this. jesus christ this dude is DELUSIONAL.

why do you care so much?
By Draylo 2023-01-15 16:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

GetHelpNerd said: »
Asura.Aquatiq said: »
do retail players go on horizonxi forums/discord to white knight for retail, or is it only the other way around
actually yeah, here you can find draylo/spicy complaining for like 20 pages about horizon on a thread dedicated to horizon. much like you're doing. these are two people, much like yourself, who have 0 intention on playing the server and still insist on posting in every single thread where it's brought up. pretty cringe right?

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/134519-HorizonXI-%E2%80%93-Era-75-Cap-FFXI-Server-Launching-December-17th-2022

and here https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/132675-FFXI-Classic-Thread/page83

this would be akin to a horizon player going into the RDM retail discussion thread, or the patch notes for january thread and saying "this ***sucks this is why you guys should play horizon". note, no one is doing that because they aren't a fraction of as cringe as you are

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
nice bait though. i don't even play this ***but you all are so indoctrinated it's cringe as ***

It really wasn’t bait. I was honestly curious based on what I’ve been reading here. If you don’t even play it, why are you so invested in this conversation? If anything, that’s cringey as ***.

literally started posting about it within the last page, there's 5 pages total. only to call out the incredibly cringe and indoctrinated behavior.

touch grass

LOL, so you are literally the clown that follows me to every and any HorizonXI youtube video and harasses me in the comments. "touch grass" must be your signature phrase. You literally go to every single horizonXI video and attack anyone saying anything negative about the game. Even though people can be on anonymous accounts we can see who they are in the end lmao.

Also, the two linked threads are not Horizons forums or discord. I dont go near those as I have 0 interest in interacting with them. I only ever interacted with videos that had click bait titles "THE BEST FINAL FANTASY XI SERVER!" when the game isn't even FFXI, its a private server. The two linked threads you placed here are just a smokescreen, you didn't even link individual posts.

I specifically said in the first thread (because my name was brought up!! someone actually mentioned me in the thread so of course I can respond) that I didn't want to ***up the thread. The second thread is on a SPAM FORUM, not even related to the game. He couldnt even link the actually post I made saying I didnt want to ***up the thread, no because that goes against his narrative.

This guy is the most unhinged person I've seen in XI history, he is so filled with hate and cant help himself but to personally attack people literally everywhere. What a sad "man child" as you put it.

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
draylo/spicy complaining
lol
Its not like those arent two totally not-unhinged people there

I have no idea who you are, but I dont see anything in my posts that makes me unhinged. Compared to someone crusading against bots in 2023. "SimonSes" on here was also debating the topic with them in those click bait titles, is he unhinged too? The guy
"1 2" is this clown here, in case you were wondering which of his 100 anonymous accounts you were arguing with.
[+]
By SavageJoke 2023-01-15 16:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

To clarify what the other guy said: This doesn't work in Horizon. You get nothing if the mob isn't claimed when it dies. No exp, no drops, nothing.

BLU cleave gonna suck. I probably wont last that long though.
By GetHelpNerd 2023-01-15 16:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

@draylo, everything you post makes you seem unhinged.

the threads in question are specifically for the private server horizon, i don't know what you are trying to say but it's false.

haven't commented on youtube since like 2004. just because multiple people have the same general thoughts it doesn't make them the same person. nor would i waste my time watching FFXI videos on youtube, of all the content i have no idea why someone would consume that. private server or retail this is quite possibly the worst game to stream or watch that has ever existed. i love the game, but yeah.. no..

once again, just insane amounts of delusion
By Draylo 2023-01-15 16:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

True but the server has bst pets right now (they were broken for a while and insta repopping actually and so people were leveling really fast off them), and that goes against the entire point of the server.. so they probably won't.

The biggest failure of these servers is the people that play on them, people are hypocrites. They will say they want this pristine experience and go on about community then login and kill bst pets solo like plebs.

It's nonsense.

Of course, I pointed this out to Brixy on his channel when he made a "Super fast EXP solo method!" on his channel. I asked, isn't the whole point of the server you have to team up with people? Then of course he dismissed me as a troll instead of answering, but he did say he "didnt have time to play so he soloed." That was the whole point of trusts... These people are such hypocrites.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-01-15 16:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

the threads in question are specifically for the private server horizon, i don't know what you are trying to say but it's false.

haven't commented on youtube since like 2004. just because multiple people have the same general thoughts it doesn't make them the same person. nor would i waste my time watching FFXI videos on youtube, of all the content i have no idea why someone would consume that. private server or retail this is quite possibly the worst game to stream or watch that has ever existed. i love the game, but yeah.. no..

You are so full of it man lol, it is so obvious to see its you everywhere you post. You have this distinct hatred in all your posts, dont even try. The only thread for horizon was the one I was mentioned in and I responded to the people who were talking about me. I purposely said I didnt want to continue in that thread. The second is in a spam forum that was created before this server was ever even a thing.

Conveniently as hes mentioned that mysterious guy responds on youtube a few min after this post.
[+]
 Asura.Rockooo
user: mulo
By Asura.Rockooo 2023-01-15 16:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

You are so full of it man lol, it is so obvious to see its you everywhere you post. You have this distinct hatred in all your posts, dont even try. The only thread for horizon was the one I was mentioned in and I responded to the people who were talking about me. I purposely said I didnt want to continue in that thread. The second is in a spam forum that was created before this server was ever even a thing.

Conveniently as hes mentioned that mysterious guy responds on youtube a few min after this post.

draylo is literally on every single video about horizon making baseless claims/gaslighting/crying that people are playing horizon. thoroughly entertaining if u want to see someones addiction spiral into absolute delusion...he literally bashes it on EVERY SINGLE VIDEO then gets destroyed with logic. 10/10 would read again.
By Draylo 2023-01-15 16:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand this vehement defense of retail like your identity and life depends on it. If people log into retail and are bored, or not having fun for whatever their specific reasons are - trying to beat into them that 'odyssey is fun tho' isn't going to do much.

Nobody is trying to beat into quitting players that "Odyssey is fun." Its a shame they leave, but breaks are actually quite healthy. Its actually those 75 cap thumpers who have blinders on, who haven't touched the game in over 5 years or more since Abyssea. They are creating this fabricated image of retail and combining Abyssea w/trusts and thinking thats how the game is. They claim its "too EZ", just read the picture I posted a few pages ago, most of those people haven't even played the game in ages.

Quote:
FFXI is 20 years old, retail is trending downwards not upwards and it's clearly eating at a lot of you lol. The same reason Draylo keep asking for a new expansion, or a remastered version of the game is the same reason people jumped to play other things - they just weren't having as much fun. It's a game, that's the point.

Not eating at me, I still enjoy myself or I wouldn't be here. I think the game can be so much more, but if everyone is echoing false misinformed opinions it can affect the game population overall. That is my opinion and I think its generally correct. That is the main reason I try to be at least a voice of reason for the game, I still call out SE when its warranted. I also personally cannot fathom why anyone would find a 75 era server "fun", thats just me though and I understand some may have the opposite opinion. I personally think that a major reason they find it "fun" is because theres supposedly a lot of people on it... Hype is a real thing and it influences opinions, their little ad push seemed to have done its job. Otherwise, why weren't all these people having so much fun on every other private server before this? They are all the same with all the same problems.

Quote:
I tried Horizon, it's cool and I'm having fun poking goblins and messing around. More fun than I was having on retail. When it gets boring, I'll log off - just like I did on retail. Don't see why it has to go any deeper than that.

Sure its nice to have an opinion where you are care free. Maybe one day when you want to go back to retail it wont be there and these people will be celebrating that they've finally gotten their wish. I personally have a lot more love for XI and want to see it do well. Thats mainly the drive behind most of my posts in these topics, I think its important but thats also my opinion.
 Asura.Rockooo
By Asura.Rockooo 2023-01-15 16:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

its a shame he deletes some of his posts that are so delusional he cant really defend after refuted. those are the juicy ones
By RadialArcana 2023-01-15 16:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

True but the server has bst pets right now (they were broken for a while and insta repopping actually and so people were leveling really fast off them), and that goes against the entire point of the server.. so they probably won't.

The biggest failure of these servers is the people that play on them, people are hypocrites. They will say they want this pristine experience and go on about community then login and kill bst pets solo like plebs.

It's nonsense.

Of course, I pointed this out to Brixy on his channel when he made a "Super fast EXP solo method!" on his channel. I asked, isn't the whole point of the server you have to team up with people? Then of course he dismissed me as a troll instead of answering, but he did say he "didnt have time to play so he soloed." That was the whole point of trusts... These people are such hypocrites.

The best part is, it doesn't even register with them what they are doing. Till you point it out, then they call you a troll becasue you made them look stupid lol

I bet if you logon they are soloing right now.
By Draylo 2023-01-15 16:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Another fake account with two posts in this thread, lol.

Asura.Rockooo said: »
its a shame he deletes some of his posts that are so delusional he cant really defend after refuted. those are the juicy ones

Never deleted any comments, not once.

draylo is literally on every single video about horizon making baseless claims/gaslighting/crying that people are playing horizon. thoroughly entertaining if u want to see someones addiction spiral into absolute delusion...he literally bashes it on EVERY SINGLE VIDEO then gets destroyed with logic. 10/10 would read again.

Detroyed with logic? lol, I'd like to see that. You keep using the same buzzwords every post you make, its so easy to see its you lmao.
By Draylo 2023-01-15 16:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Briko said: »
Retail players mad because bad.

The game is not the same, let classic players enjoy their servers lol

This is also the type of jaded player that talks crap about the game as hes playing on a dinky private server. You clearly got bored after doing everything, and thats fine. Why didnt you try the other private servers then if that content was so good? People are so easily hyped up with ad pushes. I can't believe people aren't even discussing that aspect, they literally hired streamers to push a two decade old game lmao
 Asura.Rockooo
By Asura.Rockooo 2023-01-15 16:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

you can literally just search horizon and see him crying on every single video. then he makes a wild claim, it gets refuted and he disappears and jump to another video. literally just search horizon. im not joking hes actively shitting on horizon on every single video then cries in the comments that horizon players are shitting on retail when theyre just trying to have fun playin a game he doesnt like... trying to tell ppl their opinion on what they like is wrong because it doesnt align with his own. what a weirdo
 Asura.Rockooo
By Asura.Rockooo 2023-01-15 16:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

what fake account?
By RadialArcana 2023-01-15 16:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

you can literally just search horizon and see him crying on every single video. then he makes a wild claim, it gets refuted and he disappears and jump to another video. literally just search horizon. im not joking hes actively shitting on horizon on every single video then cries in the comments that horizon players are shitting on retail when theyre just trying to have fun playin a game he doesnt like... trying to tell ppl their opinion on what they like is wrong because it doesnt align with his own. what a weirdo

you know everyone can see it's you on the diff accounts right?
 Asura.Briko
user: briko
By Asura.Briko 2023-01-15 16:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Briko said: »
Retail players mad because bad.

The game is not the same, let classic players enjoy their servers lol

This is also the type of jaded player that talks crap about the game as hes playing on a dinky private server. You clearly got bored after doing everything, and thats fine. Why didnt you try the other private servers then if that content was so good? People are so easily hyped up with ad pushes. I can't believe people aren't even discussing that aspect, they literally hired streamers to push a two decade old game lmao
I've played numerous private servers, while playing retail at the same time... they are two separate games. The audience for 75 era is different from 119 era. cry more
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11