Are You Playing In FFXI-HORIZON Server?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » are you playing in FFXI-HORIZON server?
are you playing in FFXI-HORIZON server?
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2023-01-15 16:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
My biggest complaint with "play and find out" is that the developers are playing on the same server and don't have to play to find out. If something custom is implemented and known to be valuable to progression, they are on top of it. Take away that and the fear of banning for using something that's really more of a bug than an exploit, and I like the idea of having custom changes that take time to discover. Not knowing *exactly* what SE did was a big part of the intrigue at 75.

I would agree with that, but you cannot go "play and find out" then release job teaser that are flat out wrong, DRG expected some new/ooe JA at 75 they got Spirit Surge and called it an OOE buff because the devs didn't know it happened during COP.

You need a team with a lot of knowledge to pull something good with the play and find out mindset, as of now they seems to be awesome dev/coder but seems to lack the FFXI knowledge for it.
By Draylo 2023-01-15 16:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rockooo said: »
you can literally just search horizon and see him crying on every single video. then he makes a wild claim, it gets refuted and he disappears and jump to another video. literally just search horizon. im not joking hes actively shitting on horizon on every single video then cries in the comments that horizon players are shitting on retail when theyre just trying to have fun playin a game he doesnt like... trying to tell ppl their opinion on what they like is wrong because it doesnt align with his own. what a weirdo

Yeah initially when the server was getting its huge ad push, I look up "FFXI" on youtube like I usually do and its ALL HorizonXI. So yes I did make comments because most of them were sponsored and majority of them bashed retail in their initial videos. You were right there though, harassing me and attacking everyone else that made a negative opinion. The difference is I don't have to personally attack people constantly to get my point across, you come across like someone seriously unhinged and trying to dig up dirt on people to use in your debates. Its really underhanded tactics.
 Asura.Rockooo
user: mulo
By Asura.Rockooo 2023-01-15 17:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
you can literally just search horizon and see him crying on every single video. then he makes a wild claim, it gets refuted and he disappears and jump to another video. literally just search horizon. im not joking hes actively shitting on horizon on every single video then cries in the comments that horizon players are shitting on retail when theyre just trying to have fun playin a game he doesnt like... trying to tell ppl their opinion on what they like is wrong because it doesnt align with his own. what a weirdo

you know everyone can see it's you on the diff accounts right?
what are u talking about different accounts? i have one account
 Asura.Toeknee
user: Darksyn
By Asura.Toeknee 2023-01-15 17:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Sure its nice to have an opinion where you are care free. Maybe one day when you want to go back to retail it wont be there and these people will be celebrating that they've finally gotten their wish. I personally have a lot more love for XI and want to see it do well. Thats mainly the drive behind most of my posts in these topics, I think its important but thats also my opinion.

I think the problem is, and I mean this kindly, your posts all around the internet aren't doing anything for the actual health or longevity of the game. You're just bashing every other project you assume is a direct cause for the games decline. Through all the conspiracies and mental gymnastics, the simple conclusion could be that people just enjoy fresh restarts and some folks actually do really enjoy an era of the game you don't. You liked it once, you understand the appeal. While it might not suit you anymore, some people actually enjoy it.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2023-01-15 17:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt Ninja and other streamers had that kind of influence. There was drama that led to devs leaving Wings and creating Horizon. There was a lot of advertising for a number of months before release through Reddit and other Discord communities about the development of Horizon.

Especially the number of streamers who are easily recognizable, a majority of them played on other private servers.

It's not surprising how many people are playing there.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2023-01-15 17:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It was hyped up like crazy.

I recognize a rival LS name from my server in the past, Vitalstatistics. Unless it's a coincidence?

Volume too, that was another one back in the day I think?
 Asura.Rockooo
By Asura.Rockooo 2023-01-15 17:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah initially when the server was getting its huge ad push, I look up "FFXI" on youtube like I usually do and its ALL HorizonXI. So yes I did make comments because most of them were sponsored and majority of them bashed retail in their initial videos. You were right there though, harassing me and attacking everyone else that made a negative opinion. The difference is I don't have to personally attack people constantly to get my point across, you come across like someone seriously unhinged and trying to dig up dirt on people to use in your debates. Its really underhanded tactics.
thats how the youtube algorithm works. new/active content related to what ur searching will show up... theres a huge difference in the amount of content being uploaded reguarding retail/ horizon. its common sense. just like if wow released a classic server the videos about the classic server would pop up because they are new and active. this is what u do on every video. gaslight/strawman or just straight up lie, i prove in small words how ur gaslighting/strawmanning/lying, then u get mad and cry personal attacks when i call u a manchild. its the same pattern in every thread. ur literally trolling every video like a 10 year old and then u cry and abandon the thread when i ask u to quote something to support ur baseless accusations. like when u said private servers are garbage and ppl shouldnt play on them because theyre so slow. meanwhile thats exactly the reason many ppl chooose to play on them. i then had to explain this to u 3 times with smaller words until u realized u were being dumb so u left and proceeded to troll other videos.
By Draylo 2023-01-15 17:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Commencal said: »
I doubt Ninja and other streamers had that kind of influence. There was drama that led to devs leaving Wings and creating Horizon. There was a lot of advertising for a number of months before release through Reddit and other Discord communities about the development of Horizon.

Especially the number of streamers who are easily recognizable, a majority of them played on other private servers.

It's not surprising how many people are playing there.

Hes a millionaire with a hard on for 75 era XI, its not that far of a stretch.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2023-01-15 17:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

He played on Nasomi and Wings as well, look at them now lol sub 100 players
By Draylo 2023-01-15 17:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toeknee said: »
Sure its nice to have an opinion where you are care free. Maybe one day when you want to go back to retail it wont be there and these people will be celebrating that they've finally gotten their wish. I personally have a lot more love for XI and want to see it do well. Thats mainly the drive behind most of my posts in these topics, I think its important but thats also my opinion.

I think the problem is, and I mean this kindly, your posts all around the internet aren't doing anything for the actual health or longevity of the game. You're just bashing every other project you assume is a direct cause for the games decline. Through all the conspiracies and mental gymnastics, the simple conclusion could be that people just enjoy fresh restarts and some folks actually do really enjoy an era of the game you don't. You liked it once, you understand the appeal. While it might not suit you anymore, some people actually enjoy it.

You can have that opinion, I'll have mine. If its the only thing I can do to help then I'll probably do it. They are all my opinions anyway, and I don't change or force my opinions to pretend the game is super healthy and the best ever. People have a right to play other games of course or take breaks, but I feel strongly about XI still and still enjoy it so it will reflect in my opinions. I do think its a detriment to retail and its people playing on a pirated server. I dont care enough to post everywhere to get them shut down (there are already people doing this on OF) but I will def voice my opinion like I have a right to do. It doesnt cost me any energy to take a couple of seconds to type a comment.
By Draylo 2023-01-15 17:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

He played on Nasomi and Wings as well, look at them now lol sub 100 players

Yeah and why is this one suddenly over 4k? Lets put our tin foil hats on for a moment and understand its probably logical he pushed a huge amount of ad revenue behind it. Just think, *why* is this one suddenly so popular? There is nothing different from any other server, even the promise of 75 era adoulin+, many other servers promised to slowly release expansions over time. They probably talked him up on a different private server, got him to back the project if x and y were done and then they went to getting a team to make it. These people all have complexes, they still in dragons aery wanting to be top dog. They are playing the damn game they are developing and updating... Highly biased with their own ulterior motives.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-01-15 17:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

look at them now lol

Which shows how little people value the work people put into these private servers. People will bail on Horizon just as quick when someone brings out a new one.
[+]
 Asura.Rockooo
By Asura.Rockooo 2023-01-15 17:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

except it doesnt help. youre making retail ffxi community look like a bunch of delusional cry babies. why would anyone want to join a dying game with a community full of ppl that might sound like you... in every thread i say ppl like what they like, most ppl on private servers also play on retail. u just throw ***at the wall all day hoping everthing other than dying retail burns to the ground. ive never played wow, but if they were in similar situation and had some delusional manchild obsessively hating on private server wow just because its not his favorite version of the game i wouldnt be interesting in joining that community. you think ur white knighting is saving ffxi its just making the community look like toxic trolls
[+]
By Draylo 2023-01-15 17:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

thats how the youtube algorithm works. new/active content related to what ur searching will show up... theres a huge difference in the amount of content being uploaded reguarding retail/ horizon. its common sense. just like if wow released a classic server the videos about the classic server would pop up because they are new and active. this is what u do on every video. gaslight/strawman or just straight up lie, i prove in small words how ur gaslighting/strawmanning/lying, then u get mad and cry personal attacks when i call u a manchild. its the same pattern in every thread. ur literally trolling every video like a 10 year old and then u cry and abandon the thread when i ask u to quote something to support ur baseless accusations. like when u said private servers are garbage and ppl shouldnt play on them because theyre so slow. meanwhile thats exactly the reason many ppl chooose to play on them. i then had to explain this to u 3 times with smaller words until u realized u were being dumb so u left and proceeded to troll other videos.

You keep personally attacking me and using things outside of the debate to belittle my opinion. There is not much point in responding to you, thats why SimonSes blocked you when you were debating him. You can't keep using underhanded tactics if you want to have a discussion with someone, its not like either of our opinions are influencing much in a youtube comment section.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2023-01-15 17:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

@Radialarcana Absolutely, I see so many people travel from server to server after the hype has worn.

I wonder how many people would play retail if private servers were shutdown. From both perspectives, how many from retail would play on private servers if SE pulled the plug.

Then how many would say f-it altogether lol

It's hard for me to imagine that those people would subscribe to SE after losing their effort to a cease and desist order. Likewise, how many retail players would want to start from scratch.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-01-15 17:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah and why is this one suddenly over 4k?

I still don't believe those numbers.

If you log on now, what are the numbers? Unless they are at least 50% less than at launch they are completely fake. No game retains launch numbers or even 80-90% of them a month after launch.

If they are 2k or so I might give them the benefit of the doubt they had 4k at launch, otherwise the numbers are fake to attract sheep.
 Asura.Rockooo
By Asura.Rockooo 2023-01-15 17:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

u 2 buttplugs contributed nothing to this thread beyond conjecture. every post is i bet this will happen, u know this is possible so it must be true, just wait this happens then that will happen. why cant u just enjoy retail that you love so much, ive met dozens of ppl that tried ffxi on a private server and ended up subbing to retail. this garbage toxic echo chamber of apes is why ive never felt compelled to post in 18 years of playin until i got sick of seeing draylo being a jackass on EVERY SINGLE VIDEO any content creator uploads. its not a good look for any of us...
[+]
By Draylo 2023-01-15 17:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup I am honestly starting to agree with that. After seeing some of those streamers... I just thought there is no way there isn't some huge ad force behind this. Now with his video testimonial it all falls into place. People can call me some conspiracy nut but this is done on every level in business so maybe you are just ignorant to how it works. Hype is a real thing, its even got all these hardcore XI 6 boxers+ to try it and fall into the delusion. Of course, when they see "4k players!" and its hyped literally everywhere in comments and videos, they will follow.

It even makes more sense why some random with 80k+ subs whos typical game follows the game of the month hype train (god of war, horizon etc) for views is now streaming... FFXI!? wat
By RadialArcana 2023-01-15 17:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It's hard for me to imagine that those people would subscribe to SE after losing their effort to a cease and desist order.

Companies very rarely ever send out C&D orders, and usually it's just an excuse the private server owner uses to shut down a server they have lost interest in.
 Asura.Briko
user: briko
By Asura.Briko 2023-01-15 17:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If you log on now, what are the numbers? Unless they are at least 50% less than at launch they are completely fake. No game, retains launch numbers or even 80-90% of them a month after launch.

If they are 2k or so I might give them the benefit of the doubt they had 4k at launch, otherwise the numbers are fake to attract sheep.
yesterday there was 4400 online at peak hours.

right now there are 3735 online
By RadialArcana 2023-01-15 17:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

u 2 buttplugs

I love how mad you get when you lose the argument.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-01-15 17:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

except it doesnt help. youre making retail ffxi community look like a bunch of delusional cry babies. why would anyone want to join a dying game with a community full of ppl that might sound like you... in every thread i say ppl like what they like, most ppl on private servers also play on retail. u just throw ***at the wall all day hoping everthing other than dying retail burns to the ground. ive never played wow, but if they were in similar situation and had some delusional manchild obsessively hating on private server wow just because its not his favorite version of the game i wouldnt be interesting in joining that community. you think ur white knighting is saving ffxi its just making the community look like toxic trolls

A lot of ppl enjoying FFXI dont even post on forums actually. I just try to fight the misinformation in this 75 era vs retail debate, which there is a lot of. I am not toxic, I rarely resort to personal attacks and debate solely on the facts or topic at hand. If I cared that much to see it burn, I would be all over trying to get it cancelled and I'm not. A lot of the initial comments were in awe at why suddenly this exploded when this idea has been around since Abyssea. Then it clicked with this ad push being confirmed, well it just validated a lot of my suspicions. Most people who wont play a game because of scary "toxic" communities are probably not on forums anyways.
 Asura.Aerec
user: Aerec101
By Asura.Aerec 2023-01-15 17:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I still subscribe to retail to this day:

Also stopped playing retail just before sortie came out due to loss of interest from my LS
[+]
 Asura.Rockooo
By Asura.Rockooo 2023-01-15 17:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If you log on now, what are the numbers? Unless they are at least 50% less than at launch they are completely fake. No game, retains launch numbers or even 80-90% of them a month after launch.

more conjecture. you have absolutely no evidence to support this claim other than ur desire for it to be true because it makes u feel bad that theres alot of ppl there. but since ur so obsessed with numbers ill play this game. last i logged in there were about 3k online in asura. how many do u suppose are bots? now how many are multibox? now how many are standing around in jeuno/mhaura afk? last i checked mhaura and PORT jueno alone had 800. what about all the ppl in ML parties paying to afk. at any given moment i find it hard to believe more than 15% of the server logged in consists of actual active humans doing stuff. my estimation is based on me playing retail and checking zones, whats ur based off? hope and prayers that horizon is less popular? cmon dude
By RadialArcana 2023-01-15 17:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Briko said: »

I don't know if they are padding the numbers out or if they have bots on the server but there is no way they still have the same numbers they did at launch, I mean really. Does anyone believe that?

This is near Lost Ark level padding.
By Draylo 2023-01-15 17:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aerec said: »
I still subscribe to retail to this day:

Also stopped playing retail just before sortie came out due to loss of interest from my LS

Sortie, in my opinion, was quite boring. I think they really screwed themselves with 0 big announcements during that anniversary. It really showed SE had little to no care for XI overall because they hyped that thing like no tomorrow only for 3 years later it became this huge bust. They needed an expansion level announcement to stop the sub bleed. Now people feel they have nothing to look forward to and when a content comes out thats boring it hurts doubly so. This server seemed to come at the perfect time when most diehards are burning out slowly and getting bored. Sometimes we have to look at the bigger picture and I still think something can come along given this game is still very profitable for them, can only hope.
[+]
 Asura.Aerec
user: Aerec101
By Asura.Aerec 2023-01-15 17:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Big things for me is:

Current retail really is a different game feel wise. I love both versions, its really easy to see why people can enjoy both sides of things.
[+]
 Asura.Rockooo
By Asura.Rockooo 2023-01-15 17:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of ppl enjoying FFXI dont even post on forums actually. I just try to fight the misinformation in this 75 era vs retail debate, which there is a lot of. I am not toxic, I rarely resort to personal attacks and debate solely on the facts or topic at hand. If I cared that much to see it burn, I would be all over trying to get it cancelled and I'm not. A lot of the initial comments were in awe at why suddenly this exploded when this idea has been around since Abyssea. Then it clicked with this ad push being confirmed, well it just validated a lot of my suspicions. Most people who wont play a game because of scary "toxic" communities are probably not on forums anyways.
YOU are the misinformation my guy. You do not debate. you make things up and when asked to provide proof for it u say things like no u with a smiley face. ur a certified troll in every sense. YOU ARE ALL OVER TRYING TO GET IT CANCELLED. you cannot just say things and make them true. you are on every single horizon video just straight trolling and when u get called out for trolling/lying/gaslighting/strawmanning u cry personal attacks and play victim. you do not debate anything. what suspicions? what was validated? it was advertised? and? were they supposed to just launch the game and not tell anyone about it?
"Most people who wont play a game because of scary "toxic" communities are probably not on forums anyways" read this again. if someone avoids games because of toxic communites, of course they would be in the forums... or else why would they care about the toxic community. you dont make sense dude...
 Bismarck.Ruzaki
Server: Bismarck
user: roxya
By Bismarck.Ruzaki 2023-01-15 17:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking from experience of private servers in other games... don't play anywhere that allows "staff" to play. Never, ever ends well.

Yes it's asking a lot for people to develop and support a server without getting to play it. But it happens, at least for Ultima Online.
[+]
 Asura.Briko
user: briko
By Asura.Briko 2023-01-15 17:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Briko said: »

I don't know if they are padding the numbers out or if they have bots on the server but there is no way they still have the same numbers they did at launch, I mean really. Does anyone believe that?

This is near Lost Ark level padding.
They don't have the same amount as launch, they have more. Because it's popular and theres no other mmo on the market that has an experience like horizonxi provides. My ls is large (70+ members) and we have people joining every day who just started their adventure. I'd say the ls is 25% new players who never played ffxi before but are playing this because their friends said so. 25% are ffxi vets who still play retail. the other 50% are generally people who quit around abyssea and yearned for the return of 75 cap. The sentiment of almost everyone I meet in game has been if SE ever officially supported a server, they would gladly join it.

Right now Horizonxi is likely more populated than Asura. Will this last? Who knows? Speculating on it does nothing to further the discussion and only used to stoke the flames of turmoil within an already fractured community.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11