Harpe vs. SK
 Titan.Genarf
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Genarf
By Titan.Genarf 2010-01-06 22:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

heres how to fix your problem 5/5 SA merits and 5/5 TA merits

i have 24% haste at most i hold tp for 1 extra round of hits (2hits) and i have no group 1 merits on thf. and im using less delay then you with 201 (x's knife) and 150 (sirocco) and not to mention you have SA and TA i mean it happens sometimes that both are down but not often enough to drag my DoT down to badly. do 5/5 SA 5/5 Triple attack and you should be fine.

and its more about your gear compared to another thf's just because thats your parse if i was to parse and use the Pharpe and blau then Blau sirocco id get different results but blau/sirocco will still win... why are you fighting this still?

you NEED more dmg on your main hand weapon to have the upper hand w/ high delay and a little more dmg (like 30-50 dmg if that) compared to -2 dmg and low enough delay to have a bigger impact then +2 dmg on the dagger.

you seem to be looking at WS dmg more then anything and thats not the factor thats gonna change what you want to prove. you do a little more ws dmg and maybe 1 more dmg per hit but im attacking faster and doing close to the same in ws dmg,

i attack faster i do close to the same dmg and i can ws more then you why doesnt that win!!!?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-06 22:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Well yes it came out to 1 less attack round which meant given the assumptions I made physical dmg slightly favored pharpe. Which was all I was saying. Yeah even an avertage of 1 wind dmg will put siroco slightly ahead.

Fstr can go either way depending on amounts and how close to caps you getting. I assumed 0 during tp phase... quite likely though a -fstr there would actually hurt sirocoo more. And capped during ws also quite likely which also favors Pharpe more.
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-01-06 22:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

the only problem i see with all these calculations is that you didn't factor haste at all. Add in the standard 18% haste from equip (or 22 for those who use RH). Blau/sk is sure to win.

If you are not going to factor haste, you didn't even need all these calculations. The dps from the weapons alone is higher on pharpe/blau.

The thing is the closer you get to 180 delay the tp gain gets crazy, if you go lower the tp gain gets exponentially crazy. Considering 18% haste and 23% DW Blau/sk is sitting at 207 from equip alone. Pharpe/blau is now at 244. Nearly 20% slower.

If the thf gets a single haste magic, bang! He breaks the 180 barrier and the real magic begins for blau/sk.

edit: hmm i guess i was slow. Haste was one of the first words Genarf used on his post. Oh well, let's see if i can get back on track lol

edit2: not on the topic i wanted to illustrate though.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-06 23:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: bit too harshish
Haste will effect both weapons the exact same.

Which is why haste was not used in any of my calculations, as it would have made 0 effect on the outcome.
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2010-01-06 23:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Err yeah i know. 388/328 is still the same nearly 20% slower. 18.29% as you showed.

The key is the 180 delay i mentioned though.

edit: Since haste will affects them equally, the fast combo will always be faster. Actually the difference in delay between the fast and the slow combo is lowered by haste. But even if the delay of the fast combo is just infinitesimally faster than the slow one, the difference in tp gain will be huge.

Everyone must already be well acquainted to this graph, but it shows perfectly what i meant.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/File:Tpgain.jpg

so..that's why blau/sk is made of win~
 Fairy.Darkei
user: Darkei
By Fairy.Darkei 2010-01-07 02:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
THF is a DoT job
/thread on page 1

idk why try argument about WS damage when no is the strength of thief

as compare the damage of a monk vs (WAR-SAM-DRG) only with WS numbers and not counting the great dot

Bonus for peace: my favorite video about thf, this make me play as thf and atm i'm happy/enjoy with him ^^
 Remora.Abriel
user: Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2010-01-07 10:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

that vid makes me want to try to work at getting a good Tsukumo for nin again. was able to get +4 dmg, +7 acc a while back, but honestly wouldn't normally use it w/o +5 dmg, +4~5 crit and some acc, ***'s fun!
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-07 10:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Darkei said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
THF is a DoT job
/thread on page 1

idk why try argument about WS damage when no is the strength of thief

as compare the damage of a monk vs (WAR-SAM-DRG) only with WS numbers and not counting the great dot

Bonus for peace: my favorite video about thf, this make me play as thf and atm i'm happy/enjoy with him ^^
I should make one of these w/ DNC. Full haste buffs, 50% DA from saberdance, and haste samba. I can put some ghey musik in there too. Like it's raining men.
 Bismarck.Maxse
Server: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-01-07 13:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you stack haste samba and saberdance?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-07 13:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, you just can't use waltz. It's fan dance that won't allow you to samba, though I change my mind on the video, as I don't have and never plan to get suppa, which would be 6.25% of an increase in speed that I won't be getting.
 Fairy.Darkei
user: Darkei
By Fairy.Darkei 2010-01-07 15:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Make the video w/o suppa, I never see a DNC HL fighting for fun and Ja's, on campaing only use haste samba y curing walts >.>;
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-07 16:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I would need to camp 2 rare/ex daggers to do so (150 delay and 156). Other than that dnc dagger delays are rather high.
 Bismarck.Maxse
Server: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-01-08 09:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

wow you are right they do stack i read the wiki wrong probably assuming they wouldn't stack cause that seems kinda broken, and makes them very powerful after merits(surprised DNC isn't more popular.)
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2010-01-08 09:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
I would need to camp 2 rare/ex daggers to do so (150 delay and 156). Other than that dnc dagger delays are rather high.
Which ones?