First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By Crossbones 2021-05-16 13:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Crossbones said: »
what you said was I brought zero DPS

Never said.

Crossbones said: »
Maybe don't put words in my mouth or intentionally misquote what I said next time?

Heh.

"but you aren't bringing any real DD"

Heh.
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-05-16 13:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Show me where I said zero DPS. And now you are bragging about your 'very strong' BRD doing 35% of the parse. Well of course it did, you didn't have any DD worth a lick in the party.
 Bahamut.Yukisoba
user: Yukisoba
By Bahamut.Yukisoba 2021-05-16 13:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

My GEO parsed 8% in the last dynamis I did. That's not 0 DPS, but I still wouldn't call it a real DD.
By Crossbones 2021-05-16 13:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You are too old for me to teach you how to read, much less your own posts. And I wasn't bragging, I was just adding context to the scenario. IDK what your problem is dude, go outside or something.
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-05-16 13:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just outside, took out the trash. Let's circle back.

What's the second RDM doing here? And why isn't the first RDM doing it?
[+]
By Crossbones 2021-05-16 13:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I already explained why two RDM. Sometimes sleeps get resisted and you only have one AoE sleep, sometimes 4 mobs might resist, having an extra RDM to sleep makes this part faster. Sometimes silence might not land the first time after manafont, having a second one makes this safer. Having a RDM/NIN with shadows will be able to absorb hurl anathema. Having two RDM allows for faster application of addle / para/ etc on all the mobs, and when we kill a mob we don't have to wait for other mobs to be debuffed. You don't lose anything by bringing a second RDM and making the fight safer, and a good RDM should easily be able to pump out 30k+ WSD.

Why bring a SMN? Why use scherzo / EA? What does this add?
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-05-16 13:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I do all that as a single RDM though, is what I'm telling you. There is never any "waiting for debuffs to be applied" before engaging. Just don't have the RDM fight and the single RDM can debuff everything. SMN is Earthen Armor so you can skip silencing all together and the last three just aren't a threat. SMN also cures and fully replaces the WHM.
By Crossbones 2021-05-16 13:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The way we kill it is so fast we actually do have to wait for debuffs to be applied, but maybe that's because I'd rather not engage a mob until it is addled/para at least, and there are 6 mobs, so we just dump all the debuffs early and kill them one by one. I've never needed EA or felt the urge to bring a SMN, but I'll keep that in mind if I know any players that can't kill fast enough or are having issues with getting killed. In all the times I've done this fight with different players I've just came to the realization that having 2 RDM is the most optimal / safest, but that's me. Like I said before this month is easy and there are multiple ways to do it in a short time. Honestly I can probably even drop the WHM in my setup and bring another DD because of how safe it is having 2 RDM, but the fight is so short already that it doesn't matter.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-05-16 13:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Go with whatever works for your group. Winning by an extra minute or so is negligible, the important thing is you consistently get over the finishing line in a reasonable time. If it's taking longer than 8 minutes, there's a weak link or two in the setup.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [346 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-27 05:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

May 22 announced,

Cake month if done right.

RDM is the princess job.
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-04-27 08:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Crossbones here? I'm ready to resume the argument.
[+]
 Asura.Bladework
user: Bladework
By Asura.Bladework 2022-04-27 09:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like they are making adjustments to this one as well. Assuming minor changes like with the turtles this month.

It would be hilarious if they boosted the mobs MACC to offset Ody gear.
By Spookyfish89 2022-04-27 10:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Inb4 "We've added Resist Silence and Resist Paralyze traits to all Mamool Ja"
[+]
By Rips 2022-04-27 10:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven’t been doing or paying attention ambuscade.

When a return happens, have they been making adjustments from the last time it was around so that the content is more difficult?
Spookyfish89 said: »
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-27 10:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Not every time and not specifically to make it "harder" merely correcting flaws
By Agrestic 2022-05-08 08:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The adjustment is swapping the ice/fire elemental mages because they were bothered by the misaligned colors.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-08 08:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

No, the teaser mentions separate adjustments than the color fix.
By Agrestic 2022-05-08 08:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

they only mentioned the color thing for v1. they did mention v2 would be easier to do for people soloing with trusts. if v1 is getting more adjustments we'll hear about it tomorrow night I guess.
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2022-05-08 13:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

They already all have the resist silence trait, was the most annoying thing about the whole fight :P

Now if they were to make them immune to addle or something...
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-08 21:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Agrestic said: »
they only mentioned the color thing for v1. they did mention v2 would be easier to do for people soloing with trusts. if v1 is getting more adjustments we'll hear about it tomorrow night I guess.
No, they mentioned more.

"Volume 1 features Mamool Ja mages, with previously elementally-mismatched Mamool Ja now displaying their proper colors, in addition to other improvements to make the battle more fun this go around."
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-10 01:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Sextuple Razool Ja graphics and locations have been swapped between the fire and ice elemental versions.

In Very Difficult only, when a Sextuple Razool Ja is killed, other Sextuple Razool Jas under the effect of Sleep will awaken 33% of the time.
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-05-10 11:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Not much difference, main thing I can see is I am forced to bring a tank now instead of a DPS.

RUN, RDM, COR, BRD, GEO, WHM (probably don't need the GEO but I use it to Silence so it is quite nice)

Pull on Run, run to the Nearest Wall to group them up, don't bother with Sleepga it's pretty useless now. Have the Red Mage Addle 2 one you are fighting and then DPS Down the mob until it manafonts, silence it with your GEO and then kill asap. Do this for 4 mobs. Another slight change is on the 3rd mob doing this, the other mobs will automatically become melee mode but keep their weapon, your tank will take increased damage during this point, I bring a run to use Battuta but I'm sure both work just fine.

For the 5th and 6th mob, just Addle 2 and zerg it don't bother with the silence.

About 5 minute kills but definitely doable quicker with multiple people
 Sylph.Tigarion
Server: Sylph
user: Tigarion
By Sylph.Tigarion 2022-05-10 11:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Quote:
Sextuple Razool Ja graphics and locations have been swapped between the fire and ice elemental versions.

In Very Difficult only, when a Sextuple Razool Ja is killed, other Sextuple Razool Jas under the effect of Sleep will awaken 33% of the time.

So the dark-skinned ones cast Light-based spells and the blue-skinned ones cast Darkness-based spells if you bother with magic damage.
Were people using skillchains on this to begin with?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-10 11:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

On the lower level stuff yeah.

Single melee is going to SC, VD is going to spam SB, so knowing (easier) which ones are light/dark matters.

Think someone doing mnk or sam solo dps, they multistep and have to change according to mob. If you smite>smite the light mamools you're gonna have a bad time.
[+]
 Bahamut.Spookyfish
By Bahamut.Spookyfish 2022-05-10 13:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chendar said: »
They already all have the resist silence trait, was the most annoying thing about the whole fight :P

Now if they were to make them immune to addle or something...

You mean resist sleep.
[+]
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2022-05-10 15:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, correct. My brain read silence as sleep for some reason I guess :S
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2022-05-14 10:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bit of a different way to do this ambu I thought, no real healer, just Aegis PLD spiking hate and kiting while all the Mamools are Grav 2'd and picked off by the rest of the party.
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2022-05-14 22:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Xolla 2mins
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-14 22:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats the SMN for
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-14 22:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hastega (obviously)
Silencega with Siren?
Shiva did..... idk I would say blessing, but the fight is basically over by then
EA for the Mijin (?)

If they used siren for silencega it was simply for the 2 seconds faster than RDM haste cycle then silence cycle.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7