Wtf? Think Ghosts Are Real...

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Wtf? think ghosts are real...
Wtf? think ghosts are real...
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-10-23 04:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

...?
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-10-23 04:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Stanflame said:

...?

Fixed.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-10-23 04:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

accident for got this was a different format
[+]
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2009-10-23 04:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

-.- scared meh
 Caitsith.Blurr
Server: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2009-10-23 05:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

that was around last year >.>
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Oxbloodravenxo 2009-10-23 07:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Was expecting that :P
[+]
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-10-23 13:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Stanflame said:

...?

You know, I clicked on the forum, read through the posts, seen the embedded video, and knew exactly what was going to happen once I watched the video, i.e. something jump at you. Hell, I even moved the time bar on the bottom further to the end to see it. So why did I still jump a little when that sob came at the screen?

><
 Garuda.Aurilius
Server: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-10-23 13:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The volume. It's always about making the screech as loud as possible.
 Shiva.Clowdd
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-10-23 18:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

These are no those vids where badly made up face pops up. Just something some people might be interested to see.

*ninja edit* part 2&3 embedding was disabled just double click on the videos to go straight to the youtube page. sry ><
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Server: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-10-23 19:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Clowdd said:
Part 1:

I do believe in paranormal stuff but I always think "BS" when I see a video like this... maybe because of how easy it would be to stage it.

At 7:50 the clock thing is good but right after the flying underwear made me laugh... ^^;
 Phoenix.Slytribal
Server: Phoenix
user: Slykun
By Phoenix.Slytribal 2009-10-23 19:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

All three of those vids are obvious fakes all around.

1. Why would people be filming in those areas when nothing is going on? 2. In alot where the 'ghosts' appear, they move the camera then move back to show it's gone or moved. 3. Just plain obvious computer edits
 Asura.Nolar
Server: Asura
user: Nolar
By Asura.Nolar 2009-10-23 19:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahhh ya little f-er.
That one actually got me. Wasn't expecting it and I usually do.
 Bahamut.Rydiya
user: Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-10-23 19:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image
 Gilgamesh.Mairah
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Mairah
By Gilgamesh.Mairah 2009-10-23 19:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen that video before, I didn't even bother watching cuz I knew what happened lol.

I do however believe in Ghosts/paranormal stuff.

I've seen the front door to my house open countless times.. And the freezer opened once.
 Fairy.Heillon
Server: Fairy
user: Heillon
By Fairy.Heillon 2009-10-23 19:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

HA! Wasn't that first one the "nany cam" from The exorcist?
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Server: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-10-23 19:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Mairah said:

I've seen the front door to my house open countless times.. And the freezer opened once.

User submitted image
 Gilgamesh.Mairah
user: Mairah
By Gilgamesh.Mairah 2009-10-23 19:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Liquidz said:
Mairah said:

User submitted image

I lol'd.

I think mebbe he/she was hungry lol.

The weird part is, it only happens when I'm around and no one else. Well Tou saw it once.
 Unicorn.Emirii
Server: Unicorn
user: Emerii1
By Unicorn.Emirii 2009-10-24 09:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

ghost are definitely out there... Ive seen a few myself. All the girls in my mothers side of the family have seen at least one in their life. There was my great grandmother watching over me when i was a child. Every time i didnt clean my room, she was staring at me from my door! But knowing that and what they look like, most of the things in that video are set up.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-24 09:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

They are after your hat, clearly.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-24 10:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

As a witness to a ghost I can tell you they are real, jus gtta take my word for it :3

They are not scarred green eyed demons though lmao, the one I saw was a lady in a purple dress, and I could smell her perfume before I saw her crossing the hallway of my friends house, which used to be an old hospital/surgery. Apparently she was the maid, theres a portrait of her on the wall...
 Asura.Subzorro
Server: Asura
user: Tuxedo
By Asura.Subzorro 2009-10-24 10:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

No ghost are not real!
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-24 12:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

People are so scared of the supernatural because of the way horror films have convinced us that all supernatural beings always have an evil agenda. Fear of the unknown causes anyone who encounters any such presence to flee and panic rather than decipher what it is there are witnessing. Clear your mind of such fear :O
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-24 12:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be your mind playing games, who knows.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-10-24 12:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda scary stuff, but doesn't hold a candle to candlejack that guy is really sca
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Server: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-10-24 13:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Gather round children, uncle Chupa has a story to tell...

Whilst growing up in Inverness Scotland, I lived in a very old, very rural, stone manor. While the house had been built roughly 120 years prior, the land had been passed down for quite awhile longer. (I'm not sure of the exact time frame, I've heard 400 years, so I'll run with that number.) There was a family cemetery in the southern courtyard, maybe 300 yards from the entryway. I used to play in the hedge mazes in the cemetery when I was a little boy, maybe 4-6 years old. While I don't remember, my mother told me that, after playing in the field, I would come home and tell her all about this little girl that I saw in the cemetery. We never put too much thought into it, even when I was told years later. (Little kids have strange tales.)

I went back to visit my family almost 2 years ago, shortly after my father passed away. And, I stayed with my Uncle and Aunt who now live in the manor. (They've stopped maintaining the cemetery now. It looks overgrown and forgotten, which made me really sad when I saw it.) As a special request, they allowed me to stay in my old room. The furniture had changed, of course, but it still felt like "home".

Being back there brought back a lot of old memories, and I had difficulty sleeping. I decided to take a walk around the cemetery to clear my thoughts. (Why I made a decision to go walking in an overgrown cemetery at night, I couldn't tell you. I just decided to go for a walk really, and my path kinda shifted towards it.) It wasn't particularly dark there, being in the middle of nowhere, there were no streetlights, but it was a semi clear night. I had no difficulty navigating the paths, what remained of them. I sat on one of the old stone benches, just staring at nothing for a long while. I began to catch little flitters of movement at the very corners of my eyes, but when I turned to focus on them, whatever it was, was gone. I wiped my eyes, thinking maybe I was beginning to tear up, and resumed my blank staring. A few moments passed, and I began to see the flitters of movement again. Rational thought tells you that it's an animal, or something else that seems commonplace, but the movements weren't quite animal like. I learned my lesson from the first time and simply continued to look blankly into the distance, and the flitters began to solidify a bit and come closer.

I risked a look directly at one of the bigger shadows coming into view, but moved slowly, and the more direct I looked at it, the more transparent and slow moving it became. I was more curious than anything at this juncture, so I decided to sit a bit longer and just let whatever it was get comfortable with me. I got up a few minutes later and walked back to the house. Chilled to the bone, and craving a cup of hot tea. Daylight was only an hour or two away.

My niece was staying in the room next too mine and I began to talk to her about the old cemetery, to see if she had seen anything weird in it. She began to tell me about a little girl that she had seen wandering around out there, but she wasn't allowed to go into the cemetery. Hearing her tell the same story about the little girl set my neck hair standing, but I went to talk to my aunt about it, to see if perhaps my mother had told her the story, and it may have been told to my niece. Oddly enough, my mother never told her, but she found it interesting nonetheless. I made a bargain with her that day. I told her I wanted us to all go out into the cemetery and sit, and we'd be safe together, etc. And perhaps she was drunk, but she agreed.

Around 11pm, we started getting stuff together, ignoring ridicule from my uncle, and set out for the cemetery at about midnight.

We got to the stone bench, and within 20 minutes, my niece was fast asleep. Snoring lightly, which bothered me, because I wasn't sure how these things worked, and thought her snoring might scare the shadow things away. We stayed til about 1:30am, then began to gather our things, deciding that our expedition into the paranormal was a failure, and perhaps the stress had just gotten to me. She reached over to wake up my niece, who jerked away from her touch and said a name outloud. We both looked at each other, and I could see she was running people through her head trying to figure out if we knew someone by that name. We didn't and my niece was homeschooled, so she didn't really know anyone that the family didn't. It was then that we both saw the little shadows start to move around, this time not just at the corners of the eyes, but almost directly ahead. The movements were jerky, almost seeming aggressive, or predatory, and we decided enough screwing around, we were leaving. I picked up my niece, still sleeping soundly, and we began to walk back to the house.

Both of us stopped dead when we heard what sounded like footsteps on rocks behind us. And not just in the distance, like right behind us. Maybe 10 feet. When you hear something like that, you really don't want to turn around, but you know you have to. So we turned and looked... and saw nothing. My niece was awake and protesting now that she could walk, so I let her down and made her hold my hand as we walked to the house.

We got out of the cemetery, and were standing outside the large hedges that marked the entrance, and semi-jokingly, said outloud, "that was fun, I'll have to come back and visit you again sometime". We all three froze then. And I can't really paint a sound in your head that would accurately mimic how strange this voice was, but something replied very clearly, and it sounded like a young girl, but was distant and close at the same time. It seemed to carry several different voices at once in the same word, but not so much so as they would overlap and cause you to think more than one person was speaking. It just sounded so hollow and weird.

Well, after standing there in a moment of shock, we began walking briskly back to the house, not speaking at all on the way. We got to the rock path up the entryway, and both of them went inside, I simply stood outside kind of processing what happened. My aunt stood at the doorway, door wide open, waiting for me to come inside. Before I knew what was happening, I saw and heard the rocks shift beside me, and we both saw the rocks move as if someone was running towards the open door. I don't know why I yelled it, but something told me to scream at my aunt to shut the door. She didn't question and slammed the door. I stayed outside, waiting for any other happenings for at least half an hour. I even think I tried to start a conversation with whatever it was that was there. (Again, I was under a lot of emotional stress. I don't usually talk to open air. -.-) I finally gave up and began walking to the door. I opened it just enough for me to go in, and quickly shut it behind me. I turned to see my Aunt, Uncle and my niece all staring at me. Tears in my Aunt and nieces eyes, a mixed look of relief and anger on my Uncles face.

We didn't talk about what happened afterwards. To this day we don't really talk about that exact instance. I do know that after I left, they claimed I "woke something up", and that the paranormal instances in and around the house had intensified exponentially since that night. They sold the house less than 9 months later. My niece sends me letters sometimes in which she says whatever it is that was in the old house/land, had followed them to their new home. She is also terrified of closets now because she hears people talking inside them at night.

So, was it all just me being pushed to the brink of an emotional break and influencing my aunt and niece with crazy stories? Or did we all experience a brush with the supernatural that night? Either way, it makes for an excellent Halloween story.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-10-24 13:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I apologize now for the length of my previous post. I think I got a little windy there... but it stills reads well enough. :|

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-10-24 13:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Read it like a short story then. It's long, thus the warning. Again, read if you like, skip if you don't. :)
 Gilgamesh.Tenaut
user: Tenaut
By Gilgamesh.Tenaut 2009-10-24 13:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I read it.. definitely an interesting story.
 Caitsith.Xiong
Server: Caitsith
user: Xiong
By Caitsith.Xiong 2009-10-24 13:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice story chupacabra, was that real or just something you made up? I'm taking it as real ^^
First Page 2