Wtf? Think Ghosts Are Real...

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Wtf? think ghosts are real...
Wtf? think ghosts are real...
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-10-24 14:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I posted it because it was relevant to the topic at hand. There really is very little I could have done to shorten it, whilst still preserving the core feeling in it.

Side note, with it being close to Halloween, I kinda feel like copying this into a ghost story thread. I do like a good story.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Server: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-10-24 14:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Was very real. Whether we were all just tired/emotionally a wreck/ or had some bad food poisoning, I'll leave that for the reader to decide. But that is 100% factual accounting on my part.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-24 14:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually id post something mean and criticising about a post that long, but that had me glued to the screen lol >.>

Im from Scotland and really really like investigating apparent "haunted" houses with my mate, ghost hunting if you will.

A very intruiging story.
 Remora.Buttermilk
Server: Remora
user: mozart
By Remora.Buttermilk 2009-10-24 15:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rydiya said:
User submitted image

Can we scissor?
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-26 01:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Chup scared me. ; -;

Edit: Just noticed that Buttermilk was the one who posted above me. LAWL HAI!
 Bahamut.Reeve
Server: Bahamut
user: Reeve
By Bahamut.Reeve 2009-10-26 05:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never really told anyone my experience with the Paranormal, except for a couple of colleagues at work who had seen or heard things they thought were imaginary.

This is quite recent - happened 3 weeks ago to be precise, now I've never heard or seen anything go bump in the night up until this point of my life. So here's my experience.

I work long and unusual hours, and sometimes i just can't be bothered to drive the 45 miles back home to get 5 hours sleep, wake up, then drive the 45 miles back to resume my work - so I stay in the warehouse for the night, not as bad as it sounds... (I've done this 10 times at most in the 3 years I've been here)

So I do my thing - order a curry, eat it, pace up and down for a bit and then I hear BANG BANG BANG on the shutters, sounded like someone was trying to kick the door in, so I rush down the stairs open the shutter door... No ones there, now by the time someone would have made that much noise and the time it took me to get to the shutter door, I would have seen someone running off - and there was no where to hide...

This shook me a bit, more that a bit actually. So I keep still and silent for about 10 mins and nothing else happens, all I could here was the slight buzz of electricity and the wind outside. So I call it a night and decide to go to sleep (still on edge a bit)

I must have just began to drift off into sleep and I heard what sounded like someone rummaging through a tool box, so I get up and investigate. Now, EVERYTHING including all tools and boxes had been put away personally, but my tool box was in the middle of the floor, opened with the top tray removed and by the side of the box, I could see this from the top of the stairs. Every hair on my body was standing on end, my heart was racing and I was overcome by this absolute sense of fear, but i made my way down the stairs - slowly, I got about 3/4 of the way down and then I see what I can only describe as a ghost, a transparent shadow not bound to a wall or the floor, it was standing upright.

I remember the only sound I could hear at that time was my panic like breathing and my heart thumping, it made its way over to my tool box and then vanished. I'm not afraid to admit that my curry almost escaped me at that point, I then miraculously plucked up the courage to go over to my tool box and start putting it away, I put the tray back in and closed the lid - the second I picked it up, the shutters started banging (louder and faster than before) I dropped the tool box and started to feel extremely light headed, I rested against the work bench for a second and sprinted up the stairs got my car key sprinted back down the stairs (I glanced over to my tool box, it had been unpacked again...) and ran out of that place to my car, got in the car, reversed out and as soon as I did that - everything calmed down (including myself)

The banging on the shutters had stopped and everything was silent once more, so I got my keys from the car and locked the place up and drove off home, still shaken but at the same time left with the feeling that what ever it was - a ghost, spirit, poltergeist, demon or whatever... It could have done a lot worse, and was just toying with me. Took me nearly a week to tell my girlfriend and colleagues what had happened that night, and right now it feels great to get this off of my chest.

Maybe in a few months time I'll have the courage to stay there again but take a cam with me, Blair Witch style. I know it's quite silly, but I'm now actually slightly worried about opening my tool box - and I think "why was it interested in my beaten up, messy old tool box?" I might just buy my self an early Christmas pressie and get some new tools and leave my old set back at the warehouse for the Ghost to play with when no ones around...

Anyway that's my experience with the paranormal.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-10-26 06:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Where do you work reeve? :o
 Gilgamesh.Mairah
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Mairah
By Gilgamesh.Mairah 2009-10-26 07:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I had another experience once, several years ago, before I was in High school...

I was laying in my bed, trying to go to sleep one night, and for whatever reason I just couldn't fall asleep. So as I sat up to get out of bed to go get a drink of water, I saw a woman in a white dress, that looked like she was sitting in my computer chair. It scared me so much that I laid back down and refused to open my eyes again.
 Bahamut.Reeve
By Bahamut.Reeve 2009-10-26 07:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I work near Newcastle, the building I work from was built in the early eighties (1982~83 I think) and as far as I know it has no history regarding deaths or suicide (thanks Google) or the things you'd normally associate to a haunting.

Here's another one, one of the guys I work with was working late there (before the events I witnessed) and He went and made a cup of coffee. He put it down, and got on with his work - went to take a sip and it was ice cold after not even 3 minutes of it being made. Spooky.
 Fenrir.Alijah
Server: Fenrir
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-10-26 07:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I've worked in healthcare for years, and I didn't believe in ghost stories until I'd started working nights at a hospital. I have seen so many creepy things during my shifts and I'm 100% believer now. A lot of the other nurses and aides wont look into dark patient rooms at night. When you walk down the hallway, you keep your eyes firmly glued to the floor of the hall cause when you go looking for stuff, you find it.

One of the creepiest experiences I've ever had was ages ago, when I worked in a LTF (Long-term facility, like a nursing home). We had one little old woman who was quiet as a mouse, never rang her bell for anything. She'd been around a while and a lot of the staff were very fond of her, and her daughter and grandkids.

One night she becomes extremely agitated, calling out for help and ringing her bell nonstop. Whenever we'd ask her what the problem was, she'd scream "My Grandson, my grandsons in trouble." But would never give use details when we asked. All night of this and finally around 2 am, I go in with my friend and ask her, for the 18th time, what the trouble is. She replies that her grandson is in pain and he's hurt and she needs to help him. We ask what's wrong with her grandson and she replies that he's bleeding everywhere and he can't talk to her to tell her what's wrong.

She says he keeps calling out to her and she can't get out of bed to help him, and she's very clearly distraught. We tell her that her grandson is ok, and he isn't here and she can sleep and call him in the morning. This just upsets her more, and she points to the corner and says, "He's RIGHT BEHIND YOU. I can see him and he's bleeding all over."

This continues throughout the night until morning. Eventually, she settles down and a couple of days pass. Few days later, we hear from her daughter. The grandson had been in a car accident, and died few nights prior. The accident had been so bad, he'd nearly been beheaded. Obviously, he died instantly.

I know it reads like some scary story out of a book but swear it's true. We've had so many experiences with loved ones 'visiting' our residents or patients, especially before they pass.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-26 08:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Reeve said:
I work near Newcastle, the building I work from was built in the early eighties (1982~83 I think) and as far as I know it has no history regarding deaths or suicide (thanks Google) or the things you'd normally associate to a haunting. Here's another one, one of the guys I work with was working late there (before the events I witnessed) and He went and made a cup of coffee. He put it down, and got on with his work - went to take a sip and it was ice cold after not even 3 minutes of it being made. Spooky.

I live just up the road near Berwick!

/wave!
 Bahamut.Reeve
By Bahamut.Reeve 2009-10-26 08:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Bahamut.Reeve said:
I work near Newcastle, the building I work from was built in the early eighties (1982~83 I think) and as far as I know it has no history regarding deaths or suicide (thanks Google) or the things you'd normally associate to a haunting. Here's another one, one of the guys I work with was working late there (before the events I witnessed) and He went and made a cup of coffee. He put it down, and got on with his work - went to take a sip and it was ice cold after not even 3 minutes of it being made. Spooky.

I live just up the road near Berwick!

/wave!

/wave! I used to go to the Holy Island as a kid lol. Aww I want some Lindisfarne Mead now ^^
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-26 08:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So predictable, but what a sad time if I actually mute my sound before clicking videos on this site because I know it's coming.

Doesn't stop me flinching everytime it comes up though even if I know it's coming.
 Bismarck.Marinae
Server: Bismarck
user: Filiros
By Bismarck.Marinae 2009-10-26 08:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Heh... This reminds me of the Oldton Movapolos region, every time the alarm for the NM rings off, I always gotta mention, "SILENT HILL!!!!";

Get's creepy thinking of it like the movie, lol
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-26 08:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

if ghosts are real, then Santa, the Easter Bunny, and of course Jesus are real.

But we all know they're not...