Minneapolis, MN PD
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-01 17:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Expected Live at 6:15 p.m. ET: President Trump to address the nation amid unrest.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-06-01 17:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonder how much gasoline he's going to throw onto his burning country
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-01 17:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing is for certain, he can't possibly help.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-01 18:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer fired police chief Steve Conrad on Monday after learning that police officers did not record body-camera footage of the fatal shooting of David McAtee, a black man, in west Louisville in the early morning hours.

This is more inline with the other thread, but since they're *** it up. It's going here.
By Draylo 2020-06-01 18:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It's probably allowed because its a world topic, like the virus. I could be wrong though, probably get deleted if that talk keeps going. You can't quote those stats anywhere without outrage, just a fact.
 Shiva.Zerowone
Server: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-01 18:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Expected Live at 6:15 p.m. ET: President Trump to address the nation amid unrest.

Sums up the show:

Trump has basically stated he will crush protests with the US military, he mentioned the 2nd Amendment.
(Gun up y’all). He stated he is the “Law and Order President”; ghost of Richard Nixon applauds. He went to St. John’s Church and held up a Bible (didn’t go in), the Secret Service and police tear gassed peaceful demonstrators in front of the White House while Trump was speaking. (Great back drop)Essentially a call to war, a deep dive into guns and Bibles and Law and Order. This should absolutely scare the ***out us all. We are in way deep.
By Draylo 2020-06-01 18:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry but the rioters have gone too far, I agree with him coming in. They should have kept with the others peacefully protesting and aiming for change, instead they've literally destroyed businesses and upended peoples lives in an attempt to bully everyone not even involved in the situation. They will get what they deserve now, in my opinion. The peaceful protesters can continue when the law breakers are put in jail.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-06-01 18:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I keep getting text alerts about the curfews. In LA, it is 6pm to 6am but the city right next to me (Culver City) it is 4pm to 6am.
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-01 18:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

He ain’t talking about jailing them.

Here’s a beautiful quote if you don’t get his meaning:

Quote:
"When the students poured into Tiananmen Square, the Chinese government almost blew it. Then they were vicious, they were horrible, but they put it down with strength. That shows you the power of strength. Our country is right now perceived as weak...as being spit on by the rest of the world." -Donald Trump
By Draylo 2020-06-01 18:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody will stand for that, he says a lot of stupid things but they won't be killing people.
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-01 18:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
I keep getting text alerts about the curfews. In LA, it is 6pm to 6am but the city right next to me (Culver City) it is 4pm to 6am.

As a former resident of Baldwin Hills, Culver City and Mar Vista, don’t be out in Culver City after curfew. However I’m sure you already know about Culver City PD.
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-01 18:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Nobody will stand for that, he says a lot of stupid things but they won't be killing people.

He says a lot of stupid things and people like you and many others say he “doesn’t really mean that” or he's exaggerating. Next day he says “No literally I mean it”.

Dude was hiding the White House bunker this weekend. You know bunker boy was scared. Now he’s trying to toughen up an retaliate because he’s afraid he’s losing his grip on power. Hence the need to “dominate”.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-06-01 18:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Zerowone said: »
Ragnarok.Ozment said: »

As a former resident of Baldwin Hills, Culver City and Mar Vista, don’t be out in Culver City after curfew. However I’m sure you already know about Culver City PD.

Yes,and I'm not going anywhere tonight, lol.

I also had to Drive down Venice earlier this afternoon and the CVS near Robertson was having their entire front doors/windows boarded up.

The last riots we had seemed to stay within DTLA, but now they are in Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, and here.
By Viciouss 2020-06-01 18:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

He isn't gonna end up doing anything, the National Guard is already deployed almost everywhere. His intimidation tactics simply fuel the flames.
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-01 18:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
He isn't gonna end up doing anything, the National Guard is already deployed almost everywhere. His intimidation tactics simply fuel the flames.

That’s what we hope but norms are just being discarded left and right with this guy
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-06-01 18:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

bunker boy

lol

By volkom 2020-06-01 19:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting video that talks about one looter's motivation and firefighters being a target by rioters

YouTube Video Placeholder

incase you want to read the article about the looter in the vid:
https://www.foxla.com/news/looter-explains-his-motive-after-being-caught-by-police

Also from ABC:
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/george-floyd-family-release-results-autopsy-70994420

Quote:
MINNEAPOLIS -- A medical examiner on Monday classified George Floyd’s death as a homicide, saying his heart stopped as police restrained him and suppressed his neck, in a widely seen video that has sparked protests across the nation.

“Decedent experienced a cardiopulmonary arrest while being restrained by law enforcement officer(s),” the report read. Under "other significant conditions” it said Floyd suffered from heart disease and hypertension, and listed fentanyl intoxication and recent methamphetamine use.

The official autopsy last week provided no details about intoxicants. In the 911 call that drew police, the caller described the man suspected of paying with counterfeit money as “awfully drunk and he’s not in control of himself.”

and from CBS:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/george-floyd-death-homicide-family-independent-autopsy-finds/

Quote:
The Hennepin County medical examiner's office, however, said Floyd experienced cardiopulmonary arrest while being restrained by the officer. The county autopsy said Floyd had "other significant conditions" including "arteriosclerotic and hypertensive heart disease; fentanyl intoxication; [and] recent methamphetamine use." The office had not previously released the findings pending toxicology reports.

But Baden said the further testing wouldn't reveal evidence of compressive pressure on Floyd's neck and back since the pressure would have been released when it was no longer applied. He said large areas of scrapes and abrasions on Floyd's face indicated the force that was used to press him into the ground.

Baden also said that he could find no underlying conditions that contributed to Floyd's death, saying he was in good health. In a criminal complaint, Hennepin County prosecutors said Chauvin "had his knee on Mr. Floyd's neck for eight minutes and 46 seconds. Two minutes and 53 seconds of this was after Mr. Floyd was "non-responsive." Crump said Floyd's death was the result of that sustained pressure to his neck and the pressure on Floyd's back from other officers holding him down.

"What those officers did, as we have seen on the video, is his cause of death — not some underlying, unknown health condition," Crump said. "George Floyd was a healthy young man."

kinda conflicting medical reports one saying Floyd had underlying health conditions the other saying he was healthy. Still tho ~ the cop(s) did wrong and definitely the situation could've been handled better. Protests are justified the rioting and looting are not imo
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-01 19:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I think most people are in agreement Volkom
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-01 19:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately, the only thing (they) listen to is violence.
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-01 19:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately, the only thing (they) listen to is violence.

It doesn’t help when you have elected representatives stoking the flames by expressing a desire to the have 101st Airborne deployed and cracking skulls, like Senator Tom Cotton did today.
By Draylo 2020-06-01 19:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Oops
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-01 19:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I love that the greatest idea "they" come up with is one and two day curfews.

"Hey, if they aren't allow to riot on monday, maybe they'll be to lazy to come back out tuesday."
"Give that man a promotion!"
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-01 19:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

That’s not even a full 8hrs man... my state is on curfew every night this week.
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-01 19:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m sorry but this is funny.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-01 19:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Low IQ and Scared Cop sprays mace at the wind
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-01 20:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/01/george-floyd-protests-live-updates/

Quote:
“I can’t believe what my eyes are seeing tonight...what on earth did we just witness? The abuse of sacred symbols...I don’t want President Trump speaking for St. John’s,” Budde said.
“I am outraged,” she said, with pauses emphasizing her anger as her voice slightly trembled. “I am the bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington and was not given even a courtesy call that they would be clearing with tear gas so they could use one of our churches as a prop, holding a Bible, one that declares that God is love and when everything he has said and done is to enflame violence."

She’s got a point.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-06-01 20:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

They literally cleared a path for Trump by firing off tear gas at people that were just standing there. So he could take some pictures.
By Voren 2020-06-01 20:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Protests have hit my rural area. So far they are peaceful and also about 6 blocks away from my house. I hope it remains peaceful, I’ll see if I can post a photo my wife sent. Mostly it’s people laying down handcuffed, doubt they can do anything violent like that, but then again, you know how people “resist” and “fight” while handcuffed.
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-01 21:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Still.. stay safe out there.
 Valefor.Commodus
Server: Valefor
user: abknight
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-06-01 21:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sums up the show:

Trump has basically stated he will crush protests with the US military, he mentioned the 2nd Amendment.
(Gun up y’all). He stated he is the “Law and Order President”; ghost of Richard Nixon applauds. He went to St. John’s Church and held up a Bible (didn’t go in), the Secret Service and police tear gassed peaceful demonstrators in front of the White House while Trump was speaking. (Great back drop)Essentially a call to war, a deep dive into guns and Bibles and Law and Order. This should absolutely scare the ***out us all. We are in way deep.

You've lost your mind. Trump hasn't said one word about the federal government deploying troops on U.S. soil. He's backed governors using the national guard to secure citizens and property and get the rioting under control, as only governors in each state have authority to do this.

You're almost worse than the media when it comes to misunderstanding and promoting sensationalist lies.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10