Nqftw posted on the OF
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 20 21 22
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-13 15:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

30 thousand is a minimum. I can only prove he duped 10,000 medals at ~3m each.

I would bet there were more.
[+]
By spengler 2020-04-13 15:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm not sure where the disconnect is. 10,000 medals at 3m each(medals also are not 3m each and he sold stacks for 180-250m..) is 30b.

30b does not equal $30,000. has not for 5+ years. gil is not $1/m.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-13 15:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If I didn't know better I would say it was you and you sold yourself short.

Gil only recently dropped below $1 per mil. and again 10,000 is only the provable amount. On one character. The reality is much higher. (I would bet)

Since he's posting now, I would love to know how much he actually made!
By spengler 2020-04-13 15:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

if i didn't know better i'd say FFXI saved you from a life on the streets as those mathematics skills are very lacking
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-04-13 15:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

But do you actually know if there is an ongoing exploit involving HQ crafts?

I mean, its quite believable there is something, just the OF post is vague as ***, hard to believe its anything above a guess.

Plus why now? Just because someone else mule bough hundreds of koh-i-noor and sold dozens of rostams? While strange, there is some imagination to go from this to HQ exploit.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-13 15:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I've thought there's been a crafting thing for years. Anecdotally my HQ rate is dogshit. I can't even fathom someone crafting for money based on my luck. and then holding onto that HQ item for weeks trying to sell it. But somehow magically 6 rostams sell every day. TO WHO!? Who is still buying these at a rate of 6 per day, there aren't that many people playing the damn game.

Also there is for all intents and purposes nothing that can't be done with packet manipulation. There's some limitation, sure, but every time it's always another packet exploit.
By Pantafernando 2020-04-13 15:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldnt say exploit on the packet per se but an exploit on verification code from SE side.

Considering how medal gate was found, if SE add some brand new NPC that convert something, it seems like its a potential gate to exploit as with so low devs on their side, most likely they didnt go through all possible checks to prevent unwanted behaviour.

So, its quite possible they messed on the HQ code as its relatively new and not many have a shield. Probably there should be some flaw that would "accept" a corrupted packet.
By Slyshen1 2020-04-13 15:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah it's totally me. I'm so dagnab rich I make NQ stuff and sell it super low just for fun. :) Just made my shield cause... I likey gold. Throw the cuffs on me and haul me away now officers!
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
Server: Lakshmi
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2020-04-13 16:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

I mean, its quite believable there is something, just the OF post is vague as ***, hard to believe its anything above a guess.

Plus why now? Just because someone else mule bough hundreds of koh-i-noor and sold dozens of rostams? While strange, there is some imagination to go from this to HQ exploit.

To be honest I think people are just reaching, hq prices are low because SE didn't ban alts full of medals. There's some stuff you can do with crafting, but as far as I can tell forcing hq/not losing mats isn't one.

Also a lot of exaggeration going on with su5/neck hq rates, it only feela terrible if you're doing tiny batches. People with shields should have had a big enough bank to stock up on dirt cheap medals, at which point selling dosens of rostams or whatever isn't even that farfetched.

Maybe it's some shield specific exploit, but there's a srs lack of evidence in this thread.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-04-13 16:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
But somehow magically 6 rostams sell every day. TO WHO!? Who is still buying these at a rate of 6 per day, there aren't that many people playing the damn game.

I always think this when I look at a SU5 or neck+2 I'm going to buy next and then I think 'Well I have like 10 jobs geared up on 3 different characters and there's a bunch of people with 6 characters each' and then it kinda makes sense.

People play/gear so many jobs. Stocking up gear on jobs you barely ever (if ever) play.
By Prong 2020-04-13 16:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Darkdoom said: »
Pantafernando said: »

To be honest I think people are just reaching, hq prices are low because SE didn't ban alts full of medals. There's some stuff you can do with crafting, but as far as I can tell forcing hq/not losing mats isn't one.

Also a lot of exaggeration going on with su5/neck hq rates, it only feela terrible if you're doing tiny batches. People with shields should have had a big enough bank to stock up on dirt cheap medals, at which point selling dosens of rostams or whatever isn't even that farfetched.

Maybe it's some shield specific exploit, but there's a srs lack of evidence in this thread.

I can 100% attest the extremely low HQ rates on necks/Su5 is not exaggerated in the least. And these are not coming from people only crafting in, "small batches." There are several shield holders of varied crafts I personally know and spoke to quite often about their crafting sessions (including my own) where they would easily go through 150 - 200 mill in mats in some cases and make maybe one HQ(1) of Su5, not even an HQ(2). I've personally on many occasions blown through 100+ mill in mats and not made a single HQ(2) Neck.

It happens. Often enough to make me rarely even attempt JSE necks these days because there are so many RMT shields now and some players who pay real life money (still, blows my mind) to transfer to Bahamut from other servers to sell tons of JSE necks, Su5 and Su3 for barely break even prices. The only thing I make gil on anymore is Soveran +1, and that is not because it sells for much at all but at least you can get at times (4) or (5) voodoos in a session and most of the mats I can get from Mog Gardening. But that is also only when one of the RMT GS shield holders on this server isn't undercutting each item by 1 million gil or more.
[+]
By mhomho 2020-04-13 16:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Slyshen1 said: »
Throw the cuffs on me and haul me away now officers!
"Don't think we'll be lenient for your cooperation. They don't call it the pound for nothin. Assume the position. We gotta inspect for contraband."
By Prong 2020-04-13 17:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Genosync said: »
I did three stacks of COR neck last night and got 5 HQ1 and 3 HQ2. These are fairly typical results for me.

And yes, as explained in another recent post, there is an exploit that can currently be done on the end synthesis packet that ends synthesis after startup with no material loss.

So you have more than one Stage 4 shield? I've been thinking about it myself but sheesh, that focuser seriously breaks my will to live.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2020-04-13 17:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It was said many times, you know if fail or sucess at very first second
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-13 17:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
How has it taken until 2020 for this to be openly discussed?

.... Its been openly discussed for years? You also know if you bought an AH item bid instantly. You just cant exploit knowing synth results anymore, because they made forcing stop = full loss when it was first exploited, so unless theres a new exploit its not an issue.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-13 17:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been common knowledge for the better part of probably 10 years. It's not like it's of any importance under normal conditions.

Not something that needs to be questioned continually
By Prong 2020-04-13 18:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Prong said: »
I did three stacks of COR neck last night and got 5 HQ1 and 3 HQ2. These are fairly typical results for me.

And yes, as explained in another recent post, there is an exploit that can currently be done on the end synthesis packet that ends synthesis after startup with no material loss.

So you have more than one Stage 4 shield? I've been thinking about it myself but sheesh, that focuser seriously breaks my will to live.

I have three and I’ll never make another. That’s enough for me. If I want to get something made from another craft I have enough connections to get it done so I’m not really worried about it.

Once the current exploit gets fixed, about 2 months or so later markets will right themselves on the expensive items and I’ll be happy with the one shield I get zero value out of currently.

Yeah I'd only really make another to make myself items. I just, I don't know, I've always just hated giving other people my gil, especially when I know so many these days aren't even legit players trying to enjoy the game.

I DID know quite a few people with other crafts shields that I could get signed items made, and I could make things for them, etc....but it seems the last 3 or 4 months, most of them have quit. These shields seem to cause a "Making a Relic in 2005" burnout in some people. Not just the horrific task of making them, but also, the constant AH camping for mats and the time you truly have to spend JUST crafting or preparing your next crafting session. It really turns into a job some days.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Slyshenx
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2020-04-13 18:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
If the exploit is exposed and addressed, would many shields be banned or it's only going to be an extreme minority abusing it?

Unless it's an exploit exclusive to shield owners (which I highly doubt it is), then you probably wouldn't even notice a difference.
If someone could guarantee an HQ, why would they bother with taking the time and mass amounts of gil to make a shield if they could do it without a shield, or even guild gear to begin with.

Post deleted by User.
By Asura.Badnewsbaretta 2020-04-13 20:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

For slyshen's point about not bothering with making a shield is moot because in order to craft the su5 weapons you need the key item from the finished shield. Doesn't stop JSE neck crafts though, and there is enough completed shields out there now that if someone has found a way to exploit cancelling synths it's likely to be a person with access to all the synths.

Avoiding these synths like the coronavirus until it we get a better idea of what's gone on and whether it's just the hangover effect from the medals or something worse.
[+]
 Asura.Slyshenx
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2020-04-13 20:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Badnewsbaretta said: »
For slyshen's point about not bothering with making a shield is moot because in order to craft the su5 weapons you need the key item from the finished shield. Doesn't stop JSE neck crafts though, and there is enough completed shields out there now that if someone has found a way to exploit cancelling synths it's likely to be a person with access to all the synths.

Avoiding these synths like the coronavirus until it we get a better idea of what's gone on and whether it's just the hangover effect from the medals or something worse.

Oh ***, good point. Totally forgot weapons needed a key item and necks didn't. My bad lol
By Kazaki 2020-04-14 15:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it's all one character selling the same one item back and fourth between different mules to make it look like they are selling loads, to then make a post to make drama.

I kinda hope it is anyway cos that would be hilarious.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 20 21 22