Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 129 130 131
By Odinz 2020-03-25 06:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
. New Haven, WHO, CDC, Johns Hopkins, *** Mayo Clinic.
awe no love for cleveland clinic ; ;
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-03-25 07:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odinz said: »
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
. New Haven, WHO, CDC, Johns Hopkins, *** Mayo Clinic.
awe no love for cleveland clinic ; ;

Born and bred Ohioan. Definitely no love for the Mistake by the Lake. ;)
[+]
By Draylo 2020-03-25 07:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I just saw the movie Contagion. I am now an expert.
[+]
By Afania 2020-03-25 07:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
The amount of scare mongering is off the charts, again if this is as bad as we are being told I want zombie armies. The death numbers are *** tiny. More people die in road accidents, more people die from the flu, more people die from lots of things and it's again people that are elderly and with pre-existing conditions that are dying off (who may have died anyway due to being at the end of their lives).

And this is why we have to force a lockdown and cause millions losing job. Because all the "it's just flu don't panic" from uninformed people that doesn't care. Then lockdown goes on and on and on as all the "just flu don't panic" people go to beaches, parties having fun.

Some numbers and data collected on the internet:

1) COVID 19 has 20% severe illness rate. Flu has 0.5%. If 100 people gets COVID 19, they would use 20 hospital beds but flu patients only use 1.

2) Days spent in hospital: H1N1=7, COVID 19=17.5
A COVID 19 patient will spend more time in hospital than a flu patient.

3) R0 (https://www.healthline.com/health/r-nought-reproduction-number) of COVID 19= 3.8, flu= roughly 1.5

On average, 3 people will catch the the disease from a COVID 19 patient but only 1 from flu.

From data above we can easily get the conclusion that once an outbreak starts patients will overwhelm the entire health care system because they don't have enough hospital beds. Once they run out of beds severe illness patient died and death rate climp up.

Italy has a 6.8% to 8% death rate because of that. They run out of hospital beds then death rate climbed up.

All the "flu kills more people" needs to stop. Its misinformation if you compare the data. It has not kill more people yet. But it will eventually if this continues.
[+]
By Odinz 2020-03-25 07:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

"Rate of increase has gone up"
Exponential
"Rate of infections is doubling every 3 days"
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Antisense 2020-03-25 07:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The common cold and the flu are both corona viruses, this is in the same family and has many of the same symptoms.

Pneumonia that follows infection of this virus and the flu are caused by secondary bacterial infections.

Truly embarrassing

Predicted response will be to just double down and "no U"

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-03-25 07:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
I just saw the movie Contagion. I am now an expert.
That ***was GREAT wasn't it!!?? I just watched it toooooo
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2020-03-25 07:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw, these stores around me that have been price gouging finally got punished for it and fined 10k. Thanks for that heads up the other day Eiryl. Glad the authorities around here ain't messing around.
[+]
By Afania 2020-03-25 07:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The amount of Hysteria over this is insane, if you want to tell us that this is an end of the world virus where we need lockdowns for 6 months and we need to destroy all of our economies you need to show the mountain of bodies. There are hundreds of millions of people in the USA, how have we not broke 1k deaths in 2 months? Why are we panicking over people dying when sugar, smoking, driving, the flu kills vast amounts of people and NOBODY CARES. Why did we not have mass lockdowns when the FLU killed tens of thousands of people last or this year? Is the outrage about people dying or the name of the virus being scary?

The amount of deaths from this virus are not in any way comparable to the amount of hysteria, we have masses of people who have had it and in a few days "oh i'm fine now" Idris Elba had it, lots of others famous people have had it and in days they are fine. Politicians have it, they are fine. The people dying are almost all older, have weak immune systems or have pre-existing conditions. These same people would die from the flu too.

It works the same as the flu whether you want to admit it or not, some get it very mild and some who are older or who have weak immune systems get it worse and face serious issues due to secondary bacterial infection due to an exhausted immune system.

I get it, we need to do something about it (And we are) but the cure should not be worse than the "disease" and right now everyone is losing their damn minds. This reaction is totally out of whack to the reality of the death counts or even the infection rate.

Again, hundreds of times more people die from the Flu and I dare anyone to say otherwise. Before anyone says "that's because of the lockdowns"! there are masses of nations that have no lockdowns and did almost nothing and they haven't been wiped out (or even close to having a high death count).

I saw the mayor of New York telling us how every life is special and unique and nobody should ever die, while he did nothing about homeless people dying on his streets for the past 10 years.

You are crazy. Car accidents, smoking, homeless people dying arent a disease that spreads to 3 other person....

If every 1 person die to a car accident will cause 3 other people also die in car accidents, cars will be banned.

I have no idea why NA countries do so poorly v.s this virus compare with other countries. Maybe we need to work harder?
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2020-03-25 07:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

These numbers to not add up to this level of hysteria and if you want to say otherwise you need to tell people why.

I posted numbers and explained why, but you didn't read.

# of death climbs up as it spreads.

Just because 784 people died now doesn't mean it won't be 784000 a few months later.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Asura
By Asura.Carrotchan 2020-03-25 07:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems like a trend on these forums where it's one brickhead against everyone else
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2020-03-25 07:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If you tell me it's raining I'm gonna check if it's raining, if it's not raining and instead there are a few drops of rain I don't give a ***if doctor golden balls tells me it's raining it's not raining.

But if weather forecast tells you "tomorrow will be raining", will you bring an umbrella when you go out or cancel picnic? Or would you choose not to believe it and take your chances?

Why wouldn't you prepare for the worst and prevent it?

The experts already told you this virus has the potential to become Spanish flu if we don't stop it now. And instead of trying to stop the incoming disaster you are here spreading misinformation. I lost hope in humanity.

If there's a disease that kills humanity, it's stupidity.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2020-03-25 07:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
These numbers to not add up to this level of hysteria and if you want to say otherwise you need to tell people why.

I posted numbers and explained why, but you didn't read.

# of death climbs up as it spreads.

Just because 784 people died now doesn't mean it won't be 784000 a few months later.

You are basically saying it will get far worse than the flu with no real evidence it's going to get worse than the flu did last year.

The evidence are numbers calculated using current existing data. If experts said millions will die, then I'd choose to believe experts with knowledge in science. Certainly not someone from the internet who doesn't even know what coronavirus is.
[+]
By Odinz 2020-03-25 07:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
If you tell me it's raining I'm gonna check if it's raining, if it's not raining and instead there are a few drops of rain I don't give a ***if doctor golden balls tells me it's raining it's not raining.

But if weather forecast tells you "tomorrow will be raining", will you bring an umbrella when you go out or cancel picnic? Or would you choose not to believe it and take your chances?

Why wouldn't you prepare for the worst and prevent it?

The experts already told you this virus has the potential to become Spanish flu if we don't stop it now. And instead of trying to stop the incoming disaster you are here spreading misinformation. I lost hope in humanity.

If there's a disease that kills humanity, it's stupidity.
well said.
But don't bother answering him anymore. All his questions have been answered, countless videos of experts saying the same thing.
I'm actually working on the Global supply chain of the covid-19 tests, gloves, masks, the antibodies tests and even the vaccine, + food security. I'm deeply entrenched in this and have lost my patience trying to explain to him.

I'm showing more frustration than others here because I've had weeks of very little free time, of arguing with different idiots. My consultancy and many many many others, including JP morgan, Deloitte, KPMG, PwC have been presenting this ***to boards, executive committees for weeks. The amount of corporates and governments that take the right action is about 10%. The rest burry their head in the sand.

Extreme frustration with American companies because 9 times out of 10 they trivialize the implications and our forecasts and go back to their comfort zone of talking "job and pay cuts".

Its frustrating when you present a major retail player a global scenario of shortage of critical products such as plastic tubing for ventilators, and the need to invest in new trade routes and put some investment in certain manufacturing plants and their response after 24 hours is
"We're going to have to address our overhead and bottomline. our IRR and EBITDA need to show continuous growth quarter on quarter"
In other words: So we appear as profitable to our shareholders, we're going to fire people"

They can't even get outside their box. They're like Chatbots that have a script ready for every question and nothing else beyond that.

Problem? reduce costs-> fire people
[+]
By Afania 2020-03-25 07:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If we have to have no movies, no sports, no pubs, no restaurants, no flying, no holidays etc etc for another 6-12 months I want the governments to show us millions of people have died to justify this level of hysteria and reduction in quality of life.

If you want to just accept your lives are going to be terrible for the next 6-12 months (including all summer btw, enjoying staying in your house all summer) over a low death count because "it's surely going to get worse" when nobody cared 80k people died last year from flu then have fun with that.

False logic.

If life is terrible without entertainment, then stop spreading misinformation so people stop going to beaches and parties so the situation gets controlled.....the faster it gets controlled the sooner we can resume a normal life.

Thanks to all the "I don't care" people running around lockdown drags on and on and on.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-03-25 07:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to get into the middle, but it isn't just entertainment. People are losing jobs and our economy is about to be destroyed hardcore. So if we make it with minimal deaths through all this, we will be facing another very large issue.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-03-25 08:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

My business has been severely impacted, I'm sure many are in the same boat. I am just amazed at all the hipsters on instagram acting all cool and posting their "isolation time." It kinda annoys me to see people so dumb like that. Well, I don't see how we are doing this for more than a month without imploding.
By Odinz 2020-03-25 08:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to stay locked in your house for the next 6-12 months you can enjoy it, I'm sure as ***not.
You're actually going to suffer the most.
Since you're British, I assume you're in the UK.
Your government is actually being reasonable.
You think Boris isn't going to lock up loonies like you in some jail and call it involuntary quarantine? Enjoy quarantine in your home or enjoy it in jail. Either way you and people like you will be dealt with.

Prince Charles has it now by the way.
Even the posh elite will get it.

OH and I predicted 2 weeks ago Trump is going to get it and not survive. Because that guy definetely doesn't have the common sense to stay away from people and I'm certain the only times he washes his hands is to wipe the spray tan off.

Watch!
[+]
By Afania 2020-03-25 08:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll just make one more point though, that should be common sense.

If the government tells us all that lockdowns will continue for the next 6-12 months, people are not going to accept it and they will leave their houses no matter what anyone says.

I agree with this, hence I think it's a HUGE mistake for NA/EU government to tell people "face masks are useless".

If everyone wears face masks like South Koreans, lockdown doesn't need to last more than a month. In fact South Korea never enforce a lockdown AFAIK. They just wear face masks. All of them.

In NA/EU there's a shortage of supplies and "mask shaming" culture that made the entire situation worse. Its certainly way more realistic to promote "everyone should wear masks" culture than telling people never go out for a few months.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 129 130 131