Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 129 130 131
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-03-24 16:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
>doctor says bleach kills virus and bacteria
>person drinks bleach
>media blame doctor

This is what this story boils down to.

Doctor forgot to mention "Bleach also kill you if you overdose"
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-03-24 17:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
kireek said: »
>doctor says bleach kills virus and bacteria
>person drinks bleach
>media blame doctor

This is what this story boils down to.

Doctor forgot to mention "Bleach also kill you if you overdose"

PROOF anime is bad for you. Too much will kill you!

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-03-24 21:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bat_as_food
By Draylo 2020-03-25 01:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not quarantine only the old people and people at risk. They must self isolate and anyone in their household. Thats a better solution than every single person self isolating and ruining the economy.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-25 01:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, that would work if the hospitalization rate wasn't so high.

It would be perfectly fine if we had 300 million ventilators. If 300 million people get Covid-19 even the healthy ones will die because of lack of care (equipment).
By Draylo 2020-03-25 01:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

They are saying people aren't even having symptoms that have the virus and it is mild. There is a lot of misinformation then, how many young people under 60 are directly hospitalized from having this virus?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-25 01:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

let's call it 25% under age 60. that's idk at least 50 MILLION people? We have 62 THOUSAND ventilators. We're short by quite a bit.
By Draylo 2020-03-25 01:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that all within that age range, including people with existing conditions?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-25 01:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

That kind of information isn't available, but not for nothing America as a whole is pretty damn unhealthy. Obesity is a risk factor for Covid-19

The quarantine of all of us is because of lack of resources, not because the virus is particularly dangerous (with care). That's why the biggest talking point is flattening the curve.
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-03-25 01:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are the rates for cases that were serious enough to be tested in the US during that date range. You had to have significant symptoms and health/risk factors or have potentially contaminated many other people to even be allowed to be tested as there weren’t many testing kits to go around. Those people are going to have a way higher hospitalization rate compared to the general population. The real hospitalization rate won’t be determinable until we start testing literally everyone because the large majority of people who contract it will have a few minor symptoms, and many will have no symptoms at all. Also keep in mind that 7500 people in the US die every day for reasons unrelated to covid so we’ve still got a ways to go before we eclipse the typical civilian death rate.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-03-25 01:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Just stay home boomers, stop ruining our jobs!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-25 01:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You're going to get paid to say home and watch netflix, rent and bill free. What's to be upset about.
By Draylo 2020-03-25 02:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm self employed, the pity check from the government doesn't cover ***for me lol. I'm losing a ton of business because they are telling people to stay inside and never go out. I don't see anything about rent free, not to mention I pay my rent 6 months upfront so that doesn't help me either. Bill free either, they just took my internet bill from spectrum.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-25 02:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Senate passed the bill 27 minutes ago, look it up ( I haven't looked it up yet)

If you own your own (legitimate) small business, you file your costs and get a grant to keep yourself paid. (you'll have to figure out the details how to make it work)
[+]
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-03-25 02:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Senate passed the bill 27 minutes ago, look it up ( I haven't looked it up yet)
"Under the plan as it was being negotiated, individuals who earn $75,000 in adjusted gross income or less would get direct payments of $1,200 each, with married couples earning up to $150,000 receiving $2,400 -- and an additional $500 per each child. The payment would scale down by income, phasing out entirely at $99,000 for singles and $198,000 for couples without children."

That's actually a lot better than what I expected it to be. It does kind of suck that it phases out entirely for someone earning $99k (if they're no longer working) since typically unemployment scales UP with your salary rather than down. I also don't see anything about legally mandating the suspension of bills so I'm still hesitant to believe that the amount provided is going to cover it for most people since the best case scenario for a 4 person family comes out to $40k/yr which is 40% less than the current median household income.

With that amount you would still need to suspend at least some monthly payments/bills at a federal level to address the income difference, and then you're going to have to deal with the fact that the suspended bills will eventually need to be paid when everything starts up again. I doubt that the bank is just going to swallow the cost of 3 missed mortgage payment indefinitely.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-25 02:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

well, they really don't have a choice. If your government says you cannot earn money, then they have to suspend the things that cost money. That's just the way it is.

Where I live $1200 a month is way more than I would need Draylo in new York would probably need triple that. Are they going to try to *** you over and leave you homeless? Absolutely. it's on you to get your money/bills suspended.
By Antisense 2020-03-25 02:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Pathetic that this is actually means-tested
By Odinz 2020-03-25 03:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

day 17: I found the mithra hentai community on discord.
By Voren 2020-03-25 03:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm waiting to see which corporations give large bonuses to top level employees during and/or right after the stimulus package.

So far I'm reading a $500bil fund for industries and $367bil loan program for small businesses.

$150bil for unemployment boosting and $130bil for state hospitals.

I'm not opposed to making sure businesses don't fail due to a pandemic or natural disaster not of their making (conspiracy theories aside), but it'll be interesting to see which ones profit the most off of this stimulus bill.

Edit: numbers taken from a WaPo article, so if someone has conflicting information, please let me know which link you're using.
By Odinz 2020-03-25 03:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
They are saying people aren't even having symptoms that have the virus and it is mild. There is a lot of misinformation then, how many young people under 60 are directly hospitalized from having this virus?

There are smokers and people with COPD getting mild symptoms, and Athletes in their 20's and 30's having their lungs turned to glass.

Then there are people who have tested positive above the age of 80 and had zero symptoms.

On the macro age is a correlation. But there are individual exceptions such as the cases above.

Its not blown out of proportion. You should be looking at other nations and understanding the severity of this.

What is it you guys don't seem to understand about this?

If we're a herd, many of you are the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE sheep that stray away out into the open fields alone when there's been sightings of several wolfs in the area.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-25 03:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe people would take you more seriously if you could go without calling people morons or HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE every other post.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Odinz 2020-03-25 03:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Voren said: »
I'm waiting to see which corporations give large bonuses to top level employees during and/or right after the stimulus package.

So far I'm reading a $500bil fund for industries and $367bil loan program for small businesses.

$150bil for unemployment boosting and $130bil for state hospitals.

I'm not opposed to making sure businesses don't fail due to a pandemic or natural disaster not of their making (conspiracy theories aside), but it'll be interesting to see which ones profit the most off of this stimulus bill.

Edit: numbers taken from a WaPo article, so if someone has conflicting information, please let me know which link you're using.

I'm more interested in 2 things:
1. What value these funds are going to generate. Will not be a positive yield financially speaking. which means its basically burning money
2. How are they going to account for it; future taxes?

What the world should have done is introduce a global tax on all the big corporations with huge positive free cash flow such as apple, google and amazon. One time emergency tax, put into law that basically says the government(s) can collect additional taxes from any qualifying company during times such as these.

at the very least a mandatory interest free loan from said corporations during these times.

So many companies and corporations are working tirelessly right now to profit and come out on top after this crisis.

25% of their time is being spent on discussing contingency measures and business continuiety, employee well-being.

75% of their time and focus is on "where's the growth opportunity, how do we end up capitalizing on this"
By Voren 2020-03-25 03:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Maybe people would take you more seriously if you could go without calling people morons or HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE every other post.

He's not wrong though. California was reporting packed beaches the other day. Florida still had spring break while the pandemic was starting to ramp up.

I don't see Odinz as calling people on this site, specifically, HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE or morons, just US in general. Let's face it, we have a bunch of idiots here. My job is directly link to the amount of stupidity in my area.
By Odinz 2020-03-25 03:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I have low expectations of them, so don't really care if they take me seriously or not. At this point, they're beyond help, and how I describe them has escalated over the past week due to the fact that I keep seeing the same stupid names saying the same stupid things.

We have a saying: It isn't kind to give others false expectations of themselves.
By Odinz 2020-03-25 03:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Look at this moron. totally incompetent and should be the absolute last person a country elects to be its head.

"would love to see churches packed for easter"
at some point, even the Trump supporters have to wonder "dafuq"
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-25 03:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odinz said: »
I have low expectations of them, so don't really care if they take me seriously or not. At this point, they're beyond help, and how I describe them has escalated over the past week due to the fact that I keep seeing the same stupid names saying the same stupid things.

We have a saying: It isn't kind to give others false expectations of themselves.

And we have low expectations of you, so what's your point? Calling others stupid doesn't make you any smarter, it just feeds your superiority complex.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-25 03:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

in regards to those people at the beach. Honestly, i can't even be mad at em.

*** winter blows, If I had plans and paid for hotel and flight to get the *** away from snow, you bet your *** I wouldn't let Covid-19 stop me from enjoying the beach.

The idea of extending SADS (tl:dr winter depression) through spring break can go straight to hell. Is it stupid, kinda, but yeah, no, I wouldn't have given a damn either. I'd rather be sick in the sun on the sand in 80-90 degree weather than miserable cold and pissed off in my house losing the money I spent in advance. It would be different if they weren't literally counting the days to winter ending. Mental health is important too, sunshine and nice weather is extremely important for mental health.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 129 130 131