Baby Survives After Falling Under Train.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Baby survives after falling under train.
Baby survives after falling under train.
First Page 2
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-10-16 15:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/10/16/australia.baby.train.escape/index.html

Retard parent (|Do you need it?|)
 Sylph.Taruzard
user: Taruzard
By Sylph.Taruzard 2009-10-16 15:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol oant
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-10-16 15:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It grosses me out to watch the stroller fall onto the tracks still even though nobody was hurt.

I have horrible reminders of what its like seeing something get hit by a vehicle....thats scary ><

I dont think the parent did anything wrong, but out of paranoia, Id be holding my child to myself until the train got there rather than leave it in something with wheels that can get away from you.
 Sylph.Taruzard
user: Taruzard
By Sylph.Taruzard 2009-10-16 15:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats cos you have sense
The parent in the video seems to lack it.
 Asura.Slamm
Server: Asura
user: Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-10-16 16:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

hope that poor kids mother has learn't her lesson lol
she is very lucky the baby isn't dead
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-10-16 16:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Kind of why most strollers these days have brakes on them.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-10-16 16:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I saw the video of it earlier. After knowing that the kid was okay, the video was hilarious to me. Seeing how the parent reacted seemed priceless to me. Even so, JUST a bumped head is crazy good luck. A train platform is a good 4-5feet above the tracks. So not only did the train miss the kid, s/he fell five feet and didn't have injuries. That's plain luck. @_@
 Hades.Hiryo
Server: Hades
user: Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-10-16 16:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah i just got posted this on Facebook, it's a very lucky child..
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-10-16 16:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Daus said:
I dont think the parent did anything wrong

She did.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-16 16:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't say I saw the funny side you sick, sick ****s.
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-10-16 16:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Such people shouldn't even be able to reproduce themselves in the first place. World would be a better place.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-10-16 16:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If this happened in the US you can bet your *** that she would sue the baby stroller company for a faulty stroller brakes, sue the train company for not having rails to prevent this from happening and probably for having a sloped platform which can allow things to roll onto the tracks. (No I'm not promoting her to sue, I'm just saying you know it would happen)

I really don't see the humor in this video though. I just see negligence. I'm glad the baby is ok! Its quite a miracle the baby was not killed, honestly.
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-10-16 16:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It wouldnt happen in the US because nobody rides public transportation, silly!
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-10-16 16:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
If this happened in the US you can bet your *** that she would sue the baby stroller company for a faulty stroller brakes, sue the train company for not having rails to prevent this from happening and probably for having a sloped platform which can allow things to roll onto the tracks. (No I'm not promoting her to sue, I'm just saying you know it would happen)

Yeah, and she would have won those cases too.

Man, really the guts someone must have to sue anyone after that moment of complete stupidity. That's why I don't understand the UofSA sometimes.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-10-16 16:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Such people shouldn't even be able to reproduce themselves in the first place. World would be a better place.

I sort of agree with this, especially after watching the Baby Brianna video as well. But there's no way not allowing some people to reproduce would be enforceable. What are you going to do, forcefully remove their reproductive organs? Of course not. So I think a better option would be to maybe require all parents-to-be to go to a class instructing them on how to be parents, how not to abuse children, how not to accidentally hurt their kids, and so on. It is a miracle that the child in this video survived!
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-10-16 16:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:

I really don't see the humor in this video though. I just see negligence. I'm glad the baby is ok! Its quite a miracle the baby was not killed, honestly.

you know...it might not be a horrible idea if they had some way to make rails...and trains drop out a little walk thing for the 4inches people cant walk over.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-10-16 16:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
you know...it might not be a horrible idea if they had some way to make rails...and trains drop out a little walk thing for the 4inches people cant walk over.

It makes you wonder what they were thinking not having any type of safety equipment installed to prevent accidents. Not just a random baby stroller, but someone could trip or lose their balance. Who knows. There should be a railing at any rate.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-10-16 16:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Liela said:
Antipika said:

I sort of agree with this, especially after watching the Baby Brianna video as well. But there's no way not allowing some people to reproduce would be enforceable. What are you going to do, forcefully remove their reproductive organs? Of course not. So I think a better option would be to maybe require all parents-to-be to go to a class instructing them on how to be parents, how not to abuse children, how not to accidentally hurt their kids, and so on. It is a miracle that the child in this video survived!

It's quite funny. I see some women clutching their handbags/purses like their life depends on it.. And then I see this video.
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-16 16:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

o_______o funny once you know the kid's okay, but jeez.
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-10-16 17:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Liela said:
Antipika said:

My post wasn't serious :< (well I thought so)

As for forcing people not to reproduce themselves, eugenics was still a common practice in the US, even in the 2nd half of the 20th century. Singapore still had that policy in mid-90's where intelligent people (i.e : graduated/have diplomas) were rewarded when having a child, whereas others were rewarded if they didn't have one.

{HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE parents} {No thanks}
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-10-16 17:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:

It makes you wonder what they were thinking not having any type of safety equipment installed to prevent accidents. Not just a random baby stroller, but someone could trip or lose their balance. Who knows. There should be a railing at any rate.

I'm thinking the problem is the train doesnt stop in the exact same place every time.
Antipika said:

As for forcing people not to reproduce themselves, eugenics was still a common practice in the US, even in the 2nd half of the 20th century.

I think it has something to do with the first amendment. <.>
But maybe chargers can be made "you endangered a child, no baby for you *takes away*"
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-10-16 17:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Liela said:
Antipika said:

As for forcing people not to reproduce themselves, eugenics was still a common practice in the US, even in the 2nd half of the 20th century.

Oh, sure it wasn't completely serious, no one in this day and age would honestly discriminate against who may or may not have children. We've come a long way since eugenics was practiced. And I am only half-serious in saying I agree with it. But I really do think that a pre-parent class should be required to teach people how to care for their children. It might not prevent something like this from happening, since letting go of the stroller was less of a 'parenting' problem than a 'common sense' problem, and common sense can't really be taught. But it would surely help with at least some of the parenting problems out there.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-16 17:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:

In the UK there is a massive line on the platform, about a metre from the edge, (a hazard line) and massive great signs everywhere saying "DO NOT STAND IN FRONT OF THIS LINE UNLESS EMBARKING"... Anyone who does is presumeably the sort of idiot who would trip and fall in front of a train.

I understand accidents happen, but why stand so close to the edge? It's like those people who fall over cliffs and everyone says how they were a nice guy, etc, but they don't say they were thick as ***for standing 1 mm from the edge of a 100ft drop onto jagged rocks.
 Odin.Kalico
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2009-10-16 17:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

stfu
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-10-16 17:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

This was pretty disturbing. I'd actually kind of suspect the woman of foul-play considering WHAT ARE THE ODDS of not noticing your baby rolling down the ramp at precisely the same time as the train comes? Like seconds? Just seems shady as ballz.

Also, not directly related, but relevant in the sense of terrible parents, that balloon/child flying away thing is looking worse and worse for that family. Apparently the kid said in a live interview when asked why he didn't come out when his parents were calling for him, he said something about being on TV or something to that effect. I'd "guess" more orchestrated by the parents than the kid since he did not seem to want to be there at all, while they really played up the "omg r lief is teh shamblez." Then proceeded to throw-up a few times. lol Terrible people are terrible.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-16 17:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The kid said something about putting on a show or something.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-10-16 17:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, if it was set up by those parents they're just asking for it..
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-10-16 17:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

What balloon child is this? I must have missed that story. Anyone have a link?
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-10-16 17:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Liela said:
What balloon child is this? I must have missed that story. Anyone have a link?

Copypasta

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Child+thought+balloon+found+hiding+garage/2108357/story.html
First Page 2