Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Check this thread Angie!!1one!!1
Check this thread Angie!!1one!!1
 Lakshmi.Rylis
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Rylis
By Lakshmi.Rylis 2009-10-15 22:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Heh, those who keep going on about huh this lacks a personal touch, isn't romantic, or such..

What is romance? The oh-so-original idea of taking her out somewhere to eat, making an *** of yourself in public for her, buying her stuff she won't need, remembering things like that deserves a medal? The same gestures every single romantic movie has played into the dirt?

Or is it thinking of ways in which to show the other person that you love them, that are personal to them? To demonstrate the ways in which their relationship is only for them?

Honestly, that he decided to incorporate something they commonly shared interest in, and to be thinking of her enough to try to plan something around her habits, it really seems like he did something romantic, and that he put thought into it. Was it a grand gesture? No. Is every girl going to swoon when they think of this proposal? No. Did it work? Yep, so STFU^^ Obviously, she thought it romantic enough, and I agree.. I wouldn't propose in such a way, but that is because it wouldn't make any sense to my relationship.

It didn't seem like he just thought.. "Well, gotta think of something.. But I don't care to, so posting it like this sounds like a good way to get it done with the least expenditure of effort.."

Congrats, you two..
 Asura.Hit
Server: Asura
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2009-10-16 01:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Rylis said:
Heh, those who keep going on about huh this lacks a personal touch, isn't romantic, or such..

What is romance? The oh-so-original idea of taking her out somewhere to eat, making an *** of yourself in public for her, buying her stuff she won't need, remembering things like that deserves a medal? The same gestures every single romantic movie has played into the dirt?

Or is it thinking of ways in which to show the other person that you love them, that are personal to them? To demonstrate the ways in which their relationship is only for them?

Honestly, that he decided to incorporate something they commonly shared interest in, and to be thinking of her enough to try to plan something around her habits, it really seems like he did something romantic, and that he put thought into it. Was it a grand gesture? No. Is every girl going to swoon when they think of this proposal? No. Did it work? Yep, so STFU^^ Obviously, she thought it romantic enough, and I agree.. I wouldn't propose in such a way, but that is because it wouldn't make any sense to my relationship.

It didn't seem like he just thought.. "Well, gotta think of something.. But I don't care to, so posting it like this sounds like a good way to get it done with the least expenditure of effort.."

Congrats, you two..

Thank you again Happy Noodle Boy avatar guy, I always enjoy reading your posts.
 Asura.Tuxedo
user: Tuxedo
By Asura.Tuxedo 2009-10-16 07:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

People propose at sports events, mcdonald's, and many other strange places. Final Fantasy XI forum is a first though, but no matter... Congrats to you two both!!
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-16 08:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe proposing in public is an evil scheme since girls are too nice to reject a guy in public. She'll have to say yes or she's a heartless ***! DER
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-16 09:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
I wish ya both the best of luck, even if the proposal was lame.
I already said good luck. And yes... A proposal is about what's personal/important to both parties involved (Or in many cases, just the woman. >.>) so if an internet forum proposal is romantic to them, then more power to ya... I just don't see how it COULD be romantic/important/personal/etc.

Are we really failing as a society so much that the internet is THAT important to us?

Sure, he said that he already proposed to her irl previously and that this was an in-game proposal... But, if that's the case... Why not go to somewhere IN the game to do that proposal and share it with her? Neither one of you spend that much time in the forum. Sure, most people spend more time using the SITE than using the FORUM... But... Do you 'really' have that many friends here that would warrant a public proposal like this? When ya look through this thread, how many people are all positive and how many flamed / had negative 'and' positive to say? This looks more like a shout for attention than anything else.
OOOHHH!! HEY GUYS! LOOK AT US!!!
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
Server: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-16 09:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Tbest said:
I wish ya both the best of luck, even if the proposal was lame.
I already said good luck. And yes... A proposal is about what's personal/important to both parties involved (Or in many cases, just the woman. >.>) so if an internet forum proposal is romantic to them, then more power to ya... I just don't see how it COULD be romantic/important/personal/etc.

Are we really failing as a society so much that the internet is THAT important to us?

Sure, he said that he already proposed to her irl previously and that this was an in-game proposal... But, if that's the case... Why not go to somewhere IN the game to do that proposal and share it with her? Neither one of you spend that much time in the forum. Sure, most people spend more time using the SITE than using the FORUM... But... Do you 'really' have that many friends here that would warrant a public proposal like this? When ya look through this thread, how many people are all positive and how many flamed / had negative 'and' positive to say? This looks more like a shout for attention than anything else.
OOOHHH!! HEY GUYS! LOOK AT US!!!

Internet has become an important tool in society. Telling ya the movie Idiocracy is looking to be a realistic future for us.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-16 09:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
Tbest said:

Yes, this is why Twitter and Facebook are so important to everyone.
Exactly. I don't see how MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, blogging, etc. etc. are important to anyone or how they waste so much time on them. Heck, the only reason I'm on this site/forum for 4-8 hrs during the work week is because I'm wasting time and soaking up money at work. lol There is no way I would EVER spend my own time wasting it on something as frivolous as a forum or 'networking' site.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-16 09:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:

Soon, men will have the benefit of dating e-women, downloadable and programmable to be the perfect woman.
 Asura.Hit
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2009-10-16 16:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
Tbest said:

Soon, men will have the benefit of dating e-women, downloadable and programmable to be the perfect woman.

Rowland said:

That's exactly what I thought of too when he said that :P.