Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-15 11:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Korpg said:
Tbest, will you marry me?
No. Now, GTFO ***.

If you don't accept the concept of change and that what wouldn't be considered romantic to you but to somebody else it would be, why did you respond?

Internet proposals are becoming the social norm now, because it allows the person poping the question to come up with a creative way of expressing their love to the person being proposed. So, it should not be considered "wierd" or "unromantic" for this to happen.

Besides, even if you have said yes, I wouldn't come to the wedding. I'm not gay like you are.
 Asura.Cambriia
Server: Asura
By Asura.Cambriia 2009-10-15 13:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

As I said before just because this isn't everyone else's idea of romantic doesn't mean it isn't special and romantic to the OP. I think people should keep their rude opinions to themselves, but I guess people always try to find the best opportunity to spoil other people's happiness. Congrats to both of you, I'm happy for you, hope your wedding is fancy and great. :D Ignore the haters!
[+]
 Asura.Hit
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2009-10-15 18:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

First and foremost I'd like to thank everybody who congratulated us, even though you don't know us. For every shallow, fickle person willing to say and do anything just for the thrill of going against the masses, there are those who have managed to retain some integrity and self respect. That's what keeps me playing this game after so long.

/rant on, Good ppl please go about your business no need for you to read this.

I don't play FFXI because I believe it's the best MMO on the market. I play FFXI because I believe its the best Final Fantasy game ever to be released thus far, in the sense that it has taken the world that many of us spent countless hours immersed in, and opened it up so that we're no longer playing alone. (this has up and down sides.)

Since the release of this game I've started and quit so many times I don't care to count them. It wasn't until Angel decided on a whim to play one day, and we played for the first time together, that things clicked. Since that day I've come farther in the game than I ever had alone, because in the game (as in life) Angel inspires me to be better than I really am, strong enough to have strength for both of us.

Huddle close to your monitors and gaze lovingly at your relic weapons, keep running your parsers to make sure you're doing more damage than me, and keep muttering to yourself how much better you are than everyone else while you flame them in the threads. Guess what! At the end of the day(including the day I log out for good): My friends (ingame and out) respect me because they know I'm a good man, My girl loves me, and I don't give a damn what you think about that.

/rant off

Anyway.. I'll be seeing you around. (get to typing you guys got a lot of /quoting and flaming to do right?)
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Server: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-10-15 19:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hit said:

Huddle close to your monitors and gaze lovingly at your relic weapons, keep running your parsers to make sure you're doing more damage than me, and keep muttering to yourself how much better you are than everyone else while you flame them in the threads. Guess what! At the end of the day(including the day I log out for good): My friends (ingame and out) respect me because they know I'm a good man, My girl loves me, and I don't give a damn what you think about that.

/rant off

Anyway.. I'll be seeing you around. (get to typing you guys got a lot of /quoting and flaming to do right?)

Not really, I just don't understand what people having relic and using parsers have to do with your wedding proposal topic!
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-15 19:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it's his way of saying "Get a life."
 Asura.Angelita
By Asura.Angelita 2009-10-15 19:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

yes Haseyo you got it! ^.^
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-15 19:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

*** YER
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-10-15 19:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea because parsing your damage in game and thinking that demanding your lady for marriage on a forum is lame = huge correlation.

I ain't parsing my damage and I respect his choice about how he asked and I'm happy for them, I just don't see the whole point of the rant lol.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-15 19:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

this e-marriage doesnt count. Grow some balls and propose to her IRL!
[+]
 Asura.Cambriia
By Asura.Cambriia 2009-10-15 19:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:

He already said in another post he proposed IRL, had a ring ect ect. Read before you troll.
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-10-15 19:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cambriia said:
Kungfuhustle said:

He already said in another post he proposed IRL, had a ring ect ect. Read before you troll.

Yup!

User submitted image
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-10-15 19:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Just an opinion, but any social interaction via the internet seems rather impersonal to me. Somewhat defeats the purpose over something as special and personal as proposing for marriage imo. But oh well, whatever floats your boat. Congrats.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-15 19:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

No different than proposing in a resturaunt, which is also common.
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-10-15 19:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
No different than proposing in a resturaunt, which is also common.

Which makes me wonder... does people really put the ring in a drink or in the food like in movies? If yes... I wonder if any ladies ever choked bad on a ring lol... I guess ah.com is safer that's for sure!
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-15 19:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Well putting it in a drink is deadly, and unless you have a thick-*** drink, won't disguise the ring much, lol.
 Asura.Subzorro
user: Tuxedo
By Asura.Subzorro 2009-10-15 19:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Honeymoon @ Crazy 8 motel... dinner from Mickey D's... Yay!!! You go Bro!
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-15 19:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Subzorro said:
E-Honeymoon @ www.Mcdonalds.com
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-10-15 19:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Well putting it in a drink is deadly, and unless you have a thick-*** drink, won't disguise the ring much, lol.

User submitted image

lol...
 Asura.Hit
By Asura.Hit 2009-10-15 19:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hit said:
First and foremost I'd like to thank everybody who congratulated us, even though you don't know us. For every shallow, fickle person willing to say and do anything just for the thrill of going against the masses, there are those who have managed to retain some integrity and self respect. That's what keeps me playing this game after so long.

/rant on, Good ppl please go about your business no need for you to read this.

I don't play FFXI because I believe it's the best MMO on the market. I play FFXI because I believe its the best Final Fantasy game ever to be released thus far, in the sense that it has taken the world that many of us spent countless hours immersed in, and opened it up so that we're no longer playing alone. (this has up and down sides.)

Since the release of this game I've started and quit so many times I don't care to count them. It wasn't until Angel decided on a whim to play one day, and we played for the first time together, that things clicked. Since that day I've come farther in the game than I ever had alone, because in the game (as in life) Angel inspires me to be better than I really am, strong enough to have strength for both of us.

/rant off

I admit the generalization is a bit broad but I think the point gets made. This was a response to some of the posts here, and just general frustration @ those who post simply to offend others, and entertain themselves.
and also.. Yes, I proposed to Angelita IRL at a separate time and place, This was my ingame proposal, and also an excuse to be a romantic fool (which I highly recommend).
I thought it would be disrespectful to just go ahead and plan the wedding w/o proposing to her properly. Also, when I held her in my arms, and I saw the tears of joy coming down her face it was all worth it to me. No matter how stupid some ppl may think i am for it.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-15 19:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Just an opinion, but any social interaction via the internet seems rather impersonal to me. Somewhat defeats the purpose over something as special and personal as proposing for marriage imo. But oh well, whatever floats your boat. Congrats.

Subzorro said:
Honeymoon @ Crazy 8 motel... dinner from Mickey D's... Yay!!! You go Bro!
 Asura.Cambriia
By Asura.Cambriia 2009-10-15 20:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Hit said:
Also, when I held her in my arms, and I saw the tears of joy coming down her face it was all worth it to me.

/cheer!
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-10-15 20:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to continue the debate but it's kind of shocking that people are so up in arms about a marriage proposal on the internets. It just reminds me when months ago Celene debated up and down that love couldn't occur over a distance. A lot of people in general as well as on this forum met their counterparts online or in XI and went from there, along with really great friendships sprouting up so I don't see what makes these things different at all. I know this is mostly about the proposal online and not the relationship, but I personally don't distinguish much between it. I just think there's a nerd-stigma about involving RL and the internet too tightly that causes all of this. I'd definitely say they can vary strongly from everything based in real-life, but that the end result seems to stay the same.

Either way as long as she liked the proposal and everything turns out well, the rest is just white noise for you guys, I'm sure. lol
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-15 20:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Caiyuo said:
Love nonsense.

User submitted image
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-10-15 20:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Caiyuo said:
Love nonsense.

User submitted image
<3
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-15 20:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Caiyuo said:
Love nonsense.

User submitted image

User submitted image
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-15 21:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

is this really needed?

They are getting married, and there is nothing you guys can do about it.

So, why flame? All you are doing is proving that you are a bunch of big *** (like that needs more proof). Just let them be.
 Bismarck.Angellus
Server: Bismarck
user: Angellus
By Bismarck.Angellus 2009-10-15 21:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Gratz you two!
 Bismarck.Marinae
Server: Bismarck
user: Filiros
By Bismarck.Marinae 2009-10-15 22:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

*standing in front of a mirror* MEeH!! ITS MEEEEEEEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! look at these checkbones! yes! i am a model! look at meeh, i am dying from lack of food no? eat your heart out Calvin, u cant have meeh! *turns around* so like, i woke up one day, just like everyday, and followed my dailyroutine, yanno.. how that goes, anywho!, i was drinking my water (i always have bottled water) and like, i went to the bathroom so i can have mai meal of the week, or should i say year? hhaha, no... im kidding.. ANYWAIZ!! i keep interupting mai self, where was i? oh yes! the bathroom, so i prepared my meal on my mirror and got mai straw outta mai purse,ooh~!! i mean fork.. and like, i dont know what happened, i passed out and sumhow i ended up here! ILOVeUDoNaTelLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*walks off to the runway*

j/k

Congratulations you two! :D