[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-05-16 20:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Friedrik said: »
Why are you guys arguing with this idiot?

Better question is why are people suggesting putting nayame gear into bis sets when its not easy to obtain for most people and you arent allowed multiple sets for multiple paths?
 Asura.Aburaage
Server: Asura
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-05-16 20:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

well I just tried hover shot on wave3 boss with r20 5/5 nyame, the result is as you imagine, this was with resetting stack to kill cor/whm, but with bolster on, it takes around 5-6 stacks to start 99k ing at 1k~ tp

[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-16 21:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Better question is why are people suggesting putting nayame gear into bis sets when its not easy to obtain for most people and you arent allowed multiple sets for multiple paths?

Because its a BIS set and you should always show the best options and then the alternatives under it.
[+]
 Asura.Panasync
By Asura.Panasync 2021-05-16 22:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

what does bis and ease of obtainment have to do with one another? overlooking the questionable difficulty, if someone is typically looking for bis, they're looking for exactly that, not whatever you're suggesting.
[+]
By Foxfire 2021-05-16 23:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm so-so on this, because you could argue that DM-augment gear was BIS for every job for the past few years, yet we never went out of our way to say "this is BIS, deal with it" and shoved it in every gearset - and you can't say that people didn't have the means to work towards DM augments because you *could* just farm vagary day in and day out for it.

It was just unrealistic for most people. Right now, so is Nyame R20 5/5.

I don't think it's unfair to leave nyame r20 out of sets for now and just have them listed under relevant sets with "at rank[X], nyame outperforms [equipment]."

but, my 2ยข, nobody asked, etc
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2021-05-16 23:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Was hoping to see some Rng action discussing strats with Hovershot
[+]
 Asura.Panasync
By Asura.Panasync 2021-05-17 01:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Foxfire said: »
because you could argue that DM-augment gear was BIS for every job for the past few years,

To me, Nyame and DM augmented gear isn't in the same realm of category. Gear being statistically almost impossible due to RNG slot machine and grinding out easily unlocked gear aren't really comparable, and that's not to say people didn't bring up the augmented gear.
[+]
 Odin.Demhar
Server: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-05-17 01:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

For people who don't have Nyame, I was able to hit 99k Flaming Arrow with this set: Granted that I was /drg and at 20+ Hover Shot and R15 Fail-Not above 2k TP, target Apex Toad: (see the set notes for augments and optional sub jobs)
https://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/379840
ItemSet 379840
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-17 03:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Panasync said: »
because you could argue that DM-augment gear was BIS for every job for the past few years,

To me, Nyame and DM augmented gear isn't in the same realm of category. Gear being statistically almost impossible due to RNG slot machine and grinding out easily unlocked gear aren't really comparable, and that's not to say people didn't bring up the augmented gear.

To add to this, I don't like the precedent it will set if you go down the path of labelling a piece of gear "unrealistic" to obtain. Is an R15 weapon "unrealistic" to put in a BIS set because it's almost impossible for a newer player to obtain it? Put the highest possible options in the set and list a few other alternatives so people can decide what they want to shoot for.

There is no reason to compare this to DM because randomly obtained gear/stats (like Bonanza items >.>) should not be included in a set that doesn't come from content that everyone can reasonably participate in. DM augments come from either random events that come once in a while, or from using rare materials to get those random stats. Either way, it's random.

ATM, Bumba is easy enough for most mid-endgame players to farm or join groups for. It should be included.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-05-17 05:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm so-so on this, because you could argue that DM-augment gear was BIS for every job for the past few years, yet we never went out of our way to say "this is BIS, deal with it" and shoved it in every gearset - and you can't say that people didn't have the means to work towards DM augments because you *could* just farm vagary day in and day out for it.

I don't think it's unfair to leave nyame r20 out of sets for now and just have them listed under relevant sets with "at rank[X], nyame outperforms [equipment]."

This is nothing alike. You can play 4 years 20hours a day and never get good DMs you are looking for.

If you can find a good group, full NyameB set can be farmed in a month of playing 5 days a week, playing 60-90 min each of those days. You don't even need rank 20, because rank 19 is already full WSD, so that realistically cuts down Bumba needed to 16.

The only argument to not show NyameB in bis sets is that you can't choose multiply sets. Because of that it should be a good practice to show alternative for NyameB. I don't remember people not putting
Karieyh ring +1 in bis sets and it's the same situation.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-17 05:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

This is nothing alike. You can play 4 years 20hours a day and never get good DMs you are looking for.

If you can find a good group, full NyameB set can be farmed in a month of playing 5 days a week, playing 60-90 min each of those days. You don't even need rank 20, because rank 19 is already full WSD, so that realistically cuts down Bumba needed to 16.

The only argument to not show NyameB in bis sets is that you can't choose multiply sets. Because of that it should be a good practice to show alternative for NyameB. I don't remember people not putting
Karieyh ring +1 in bis sets and it's the same situation.

And the same discussion regarding Weatherspoon+1 in this very thread just a few days ago. Its really hard to put gear in sets that also unlocks out other choices, because you can't just say to someone "go get this".

One mentality is to list the trust "BiS", and then list alternates. That way at least the players of that job have more info to contemplate when a limiting choice (Nyame path, Adoulin Ring) comes up. The other idea is to expect players to know enough about the gear they're going to work for to make changes compared to more commonplace options.

Both have flaws, both have merits. Its hard to say "it should be done this way" regarding either.
By SimonSes 2021-05-17 05:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
And the same discussion regarding Weatherspoon+1 in this very thread just a few days ago. Its really hard to put gear in sets that also unlocks out other choices, because you can't just say to someone "go get this".

One mentality is to list the trust "BiS", and then list alternates. That way at least the players of that job have more info to contemplate when a limiting choice (Nyame path, Adoulin Ring) comes up. The other idea is to expect players to know enough about the gear they're going to work for to make changes compared to more commonplace options.

Both have flaws, both have merits. Its hard to say "it should be done this way" regarding either.

Yeah but one way or the other its not how hard Nyame B is to make, its only a matte of limiting paths.

Also you cant not list Nyame B since it's super ahead of everything else. You can put it in the bis set or as better alternative to bis set, but you cant ignore it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-17 06:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

oh completely agree. I'd default to listing the absolute best options if calling it a "BiS" set, and put the onus on the playerbase to find suitable replacements based on the needs of the set.

Know the needs of the set you're building, and all of a sudden these guides here on ffxiah become a lot more than just shopping lists where you don't know what's for dinner, but are told what to buy.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-05-17 09:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

AF head, not required to +3.

AF Body, Required to +3, enfeeb set.

AF Hands, Required savage set. Required enhance duration set.

AF Legs, Required Enhancing Skill Set.

AF Feet, Not required to +3.

3 required.

Relic Head, Required Enfeeb Set.

Relic Body, Required enhancing duration, skill, savage blade.

Relic Hands, Required Gain+ and enhancing skill+

Relic Legs, The only piece of rema you can realistically skip completely for rdm, as even the not needed AF sees more use.

Relic Feet, Required enfeeb set.

Empy; Literally all of it required.

You physically cannot get around these pieces on rdm. You need macc, you need enhancing skill, you need enfeeb potency. Rdm is one of the few jobs that requires multiple mog wardrobes alone to play properly, and a job that suffers severely from half assing.
I've figured it out; you don't know what "required" actually means.

I literally gave alternatives for nearly every pricy piece (the Savage pieces have alternatives too), and there's a difference between not having BiS in every single aspect and half-assing the job. Magic accuracy requirements are less stingy than they've been in years, and gearing up RDM to a very workable level is not extremely expensive. You can still land enfeebles on the hardest enemies even when 100+ accuracy below BiS in nearly every occasion (and if you can't, it almost always means that their resistance to that element or enfeeble is cranked up so high that BiS MACC/Enfeebling gear won't help), and enfeeble potency is mostly in the base spell and Saboteur, not the small bonuses expensive gear provides.

You have a severely unhealthy and inaccurate view of Red Mage (and possibly of the game itself); it's people like you that act as job gatekeepers, insisting that they can't pull their weight without putting in hundreds of millions of gil first. Get a better understanding of how gear, alternative options, and job performance works before you try to argue how hard it is to start up a job.

I'm going to leave it at that since this is the RNG forum.
[+]
 Asura.Bigtymer
user: olson2189
By Asura.Bigtymer 2021-05-17 10:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Friedrik said: »
Why are you guys arguing with this idiot?

1) Not sure if you're aware, but "bis" stands for "Best in Slot". It does not stand for "Best in Slot That's Also Easily Obtainable".

2) With the amplifier update, more people are making significant Nyame progress than you think.
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2021-05-17 11:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Demhar said: »
For people who don't have Nyame, I was able to hit 99k Flaming Arrow with this set: Granted that I was /drg and at 20+ Hover Shot and R15 Fail-Not above 2k TP, target Apex Toad: (see the set notes for augments and optional sub jobs)
https://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/379840
ItemSet 379840

My Hotshot/Flaming arrow setup is way more RACC focused, due to the fact that if the only physical hit of the weaponskills miss, the whole ws missed. Any mob 135+ will require at least some decent level of RACC to not be wiffing WS back to back
ItemSet 379852
Code
			feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'Mag. Acc.+20 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+20','Damage taken-3%','Mag. Acc.+15','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+13',}},
			body={ name="Herculean Vest", augments={'Rng.Acc.+25','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+30','Accuracy+19 Attack+19','Mag. Acc.+19 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+19',}},
			hands={ name="Herculean Gloves", augments={'Mag. Acc.+18 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+18','Weapon skill damage +3%','INT+5','Mag. Acc.+10','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+13',}},
			back={ name="Belenus's Cape", augments={'AGI+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','AGI+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-05-17 12:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I went ahead and bolded the part you need to understand.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2021-05-17 13:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
clearlyamule said: »
As far as compared to other ws hard for me to say without a bit more into the exact numbers on the hybrids but keep in mind magical only count a small portion of their damage so they could still be less enmity depending on situation and gearing.

Magical counts as small portion of hybrids damage? You meant the reverse right? Magic portion in hybrid ws is like 90%. They are not as effective enmity wise like magic WSes, but it's close.
no.

I meant like I haven't seen hard data on how the hybrids count enmity.

And that purely magical ws operate by only counting a portion of the damage equation for enmity purposes.

Given how radically different the damage equations are (even just the magical portion of the hybrid) it's hard to say exactly even with assume it works similar

Again middle of the night but I'm 99% sure magic portion of hybrid ws works exactly like magic WS, because magic portion is essentially a separate magic WS just with base damage based on physical part equation.
Well aside from if that is how it works since I can't find any testing on I more meant what exactly it would count because of how it counts base damage

For magical the damage is = ( dstat + mdmg+ ftp*(wsc + level factor)*WSD*magical multipliers
And the enmity is based on just the ftp*(wsc + level factor) part

For say hot shot physical damage is =(base dmg +fstr +wsc)*pdif* (1.0+ftp bonus)*wsd
magical is = ((physical hit* (ftp+ .5ftp bonus))+mdmg) * wsd * magical multipliers

So what are we going to count there? Like are we going to count the full physical hit like normal and then count (physical hit* (ftp+ .5ftp bonus)) for the magical part? From this we'd basically count wsd and likely hover shot bonus the first time for the physical which will be part of the base of magical

Anyways if we use that as an assumptions and things like capped pdif and hover shot can do some basic math if you got some sets to show but really rough math I'd guess hot shot would be about 4-5 times more enmity than true flight
By SimonSes 2021-05-17 20:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG Hybrid WS Calculator

3AM but I finally finished. Let me know if you find errors.
Like always to use it, you need to "make a copy" and I suggest to edit only values in green cells.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-05-17 20:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Because its a BIS set and you should always show the best options and then the alternatives under it.

Yes, lets list this option that is unobtainable by default between 1/2 and 1/3 times on your character due to augment paths and how much you value pet path, and is nearly unobtainable for the majority of players. Same with adoulin rings; they belong in footnotes, not actual gear sets.
By SimonSes 2021-05-17 21:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, lets list this option that is unobtainable by default between 1/2 and 1/3 times on your character due to augment paths and how much you value pet path, and is nearly unobtainable for the majority of players. Same with adoulin rings; they belong in footnotes, not actual gear sets.

If you cant get bis, you should go for another best thing, but it doesnt change whats bis. You can describe it in different ways in the guide, but it should be noted that Nyame B is bis gear, that can be obtained without relying on DM augments. Because DM augments can still be better btw.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-05-17 22:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If you cant get bis, you should go for another best thing, but it doesnt change whats bis. You can describe it in different ways in the guide, but it should be noted that Nyame B is bis gear, that can be obtained without relying on DM augments. Because DM augments can still be better btw.

Alright, mog bonanza drops only for bis gear, lets go bois
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2021-05-17 22:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

anyways, if there's a row of information with all variations of gear based on what you have available, and you replace the old best with the new best ... what is the actual problem? the old BiS item is still in the sets list. there's real-world instances all the time of people referring back to a guide for BiS gear after new gear is out, so would it not make sense to have the good Nyame WS pieces slotted in where appropriate so people know their sets can be updated? and if the old gear is still in a non-BiS set, to whose detriment is that exactly?
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-05-17 22:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aquatiq said: »
anyways, if there's a row of information with all variations of gear based on what you have available, and you replace the old best with the new best ... what is the actual problem? the old BiS item is still in the sets list. there's real-world instances all the time of people referring back to a guide for BiS gear after new gear is out, so would it not make sense to have the good Nyame WS pieces slotted in where appropriate so people know their sets can be updated? and if the old gear is still in a non-BiS set, to whose detriment is that exactly?

Because it helps virtually no one to list a set as bis that has items that nearly no one has or that you are physically unable to obtain. The same reason listing DM aug pieces as bis pieces really doesnt help as the main bis set; It is going to help pretty much no one, and its not useful information to have front and center in a guide format.

Adoulin rings are not good because you can only have 1. Nayame is still not easily obtained by most and suffers the same issue adoulin rings have; You only get 1 path. Listing DM gear is only helpful if you somehow get said gear, which good luck. These arent good things to list front and center on guides.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-17 22:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

nearly no one has or that you are physically unable to obtain

You should speak only for yourself. I know quite a few people who have R20 Nyame 5/5 or at least very close to it. And this is what, 2 months into the content? It's not nearly as impossible to obtain as you are trying to make it out to be.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-05-17 22:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

nearly no one has or that you are physically unable to obtain

You should speak only for yourself. I know quite a few people who have R20 Nyame 5/5 or at least very close to it. And this is what, 2 months into the content? It's not nearly as impossible to obtain as you are trying to make it out to be.

"I know like, 10 people out of the total ffxi playerbase, so, you know, thats gotta be like 80%"

And doesnt even begin to deal with the fact that, again, it is literally unobtainable if you choose any other augment path.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-18 00:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to say a thanks again to Kumani for maintaining the new sticky- 2 and a half years ago the RNG forum was still dealing with a non-iLvl "guide" and the change over to a modern one has really helped grow the job in my opinion.

Also, if you look at the long list of who he cites for help on the guide, you'll see a list of a helluva lot of names (myself included) who wanted nothing to do with the hell of maintaining a job forum sticky on ffxiah. Its a job that while not thankless, takes a lot of heat from us as well as constant following of threads, trends, and game growth.

Not saying let's ignore any changes- they're gonna happen and need adjusted- just wanted to say a lot of us didn't want the job <3
[+]
 Cerberus.Genoside
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Genoside 2021-05-18 00:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Just here to drop this thing I made
[+]
By Vaerix 2021-05-18 00:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So not to add fuel to the fire, but is there a reason nisroch is listed on the front page and none of odyssey is? I've done more omen than I care to remember without a single body dropping, let alone nisroch, but I've done odyssey for a while and it was way simpler to get that gear, let alone the progress I've made on augmenting.

Particularly tellen belt (-5 racc(augment included) +4 stp (base) vs k. Kachina belt +1) I'd think would be better but that's just one thought. Sorry if people are tired of seeing "Add x, y, or z to get sets" but truthfully I just want to see what people think stacks up where. And idk if your herc recommended augs are based on capped augments for fern or what but I've never been lucky enough to see high rolls of all of those stats together.
First Page 2 3 ... 67 68 69 ... 97 98 99