You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 97 98 99
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-05-16 12:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, its not all that worth putting nayame in gear set lists atm due to needing augments that most people wont have for another 5+ months.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-05-16 12:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
From what I remember, magic WSs give enmity based on pre-MAB damage done (so, if you have +300 MAB and do 60k, you get the enmity of 15k damage) and would assume that Hybrid WSs work the same but with the physical part also giving enmity, but I don't know of any testing.

Enmity for magic WS is calculated only from everything up to and including fTP- so even things like dSTATs and affinity are excluded.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-16 12:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

TBH having nyame in any guide is going to be pure cancer.

Entire duplicate sets for if you choose A or B

"If I made B but my rank is 6, when does it beat..." Please look forward to it!
By SimonSes 2021-05-16 12:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
I mean, its not all that worth putting nayame in gear set lists atm due to needing augments that most people wont have for another 5+ months.

It was maybe true before update. You can cap one piece within 4 Bumba runs now. 20 Bumba total for full set instead of 33 per piece and 200k segments total, instead of 500k. Situation changed a lot.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-05-16 12:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

It was maybe true before update. You can cap one piece within 4 Bumba runs now. 20 Bumba total for full set instead of 33 per piece and 200k segments total, instead of 500k. Situation changed a lot.

For people that can reliably do R15. Number of groups capable of doing so are so low its not worth putting in a guide for it other than listing it as "if you have and you have this specific path, then yes". A footnote at best.
By SimonSes 2021-05-16 13:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

V15 Bumba is actually an easy zerg. Good players have like 1min+ margin of error in their runs. You could do like 70% damage of good players and you would still easily win.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-05-16 13:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem isnt good player versus bad player; Bumba requires very specific setups to be able to consistently kill due to needing every single proc, and even then you need to be extremely well geared for said jobs. And its not an LS event, so not everyone is going to be able to get the LS bard/geo in their group, for those of us in more endgame oriented LSs.

And the requirement of every other boss V15 clear. Its just not feasible to list nayame gear in guides other than as a footnote. And thats before considering you only get 1 path.
By SimonSes 2021-05-16 13:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem isnt good player versus bad player; Bumba requires very specific setups to be able to consistently kill due to needing every single proc, and even then you need to be extremely well geared for said jobs. And its not an LS event, so not everyone is going to be able to get the LS bard/geo in their group, for those of us in more endgame oriented LSs.

I hope you joking. V15 Bumba is one of the easiest zerg in history of FFXI endgame bosses. its 2min Savage spam with some buffing. Can be done with various DD jobs. Hardest part is probably for tank to know how to pull it and position it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-05-16 14:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope you joking. V15 Bumba is one of the easiest zerg in history of FFXI endgame bosses. its 2min Savage spam with some buffing. Can be done with various DD jobs. Hardest part is probably for tank to know how to pull it and position it.

Good luck with all the knockback and him getting aura up if you dont have a savage job super well geared, or at least a high meva savage job. Or a bard. Or a geo. Or a rdm. You know, things that usually an LS funds because they are obscenely expensive and take multiple remas/6+ months min to make.

Again, this is a 6 man event, not an LS event. Not everyone is going to have access to the linkshell supports for their group, let alone people that run pug groups.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-16 14:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hardest part is probably for tank to know how to pull it and position it.

If you even bother bringing a tank. The fight is so flexible, you don't even need one. GEO fills in nicely, which can provide both defensive and offensive bubbles, as well as Black Halo if you use Maxentius.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-05-16 14:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, things that usually an LS funds because they are obscenely expensive and take multiple remas/6+ months min to make.
Um, what?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-16 14:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Good luck with all the knockback and him getting aura up if you dont have a savage job super well geared, or at least a high meva savage job. Or a bard. Or a geo. Or a rdm. You know, things that usually an LS funds because they are obscenely expensive and take multiple remas/6+ months min to make.

Again, this is a 6 man event, not an LS event. Not everyone is going to have access to the linkshell supports for their group, let alone people that run pug groups.

I can tell you've never done Bumba with a variety of jobs. I have personally found people off of the street to clear Bumba 15s. Aura is predictable because it is on a timer unless you mess up, and you can easily fight him on his side against a wall to negate knockback. Also, you don't need a "super well geared" savage job to do an appreciable amount of damage. Geo isnt needed, neither is rdm (though both are flexible). I would argue Bumba is the one fight in this game that allows most jobs to participate and get easy clears. It's not like an Albumen or WoC fight at all. Not nearly as strict in job composition, since everyone is abusing the same mechanic, and Naegling exists.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-05-16 14:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Hardest part is probably for tank to know how to pull it and position it.

If you even bother bringing a tank. The fight is so flexible, you don't even need one. GEO fills in nicely, which can provide both defensive and offensive bubbles, as well as Black Halo if you use Maxentius.

By tank I meant WAR who pulls it lol
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-05-16 16:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

I can tell you've never done Bumba with a variety of jobs. I have personally found people off of the street to clear Bumba 15s. Aura is predictable because it is on a timer unless you mess up, and you can easily fight him on his side against a wall to negate knockback. Also, you don't need a "super well geared" savage job to do an appreciable amount of damage. Geo isnt needed, neither is rdm (though both are flexible). I would argue Bumba is the one fight in this game that allows most jobs to participate and get easy clears. It's not like an Albumen or WoC fight at all. Not nearly as strict in job composition, since everyone is abusing the same mechanic, and Naegling exists.

Because for the most part you physically cannot do bumba with a multitude of setups unless you ignore mechanics entirely. He is designed to require you to be able to perform literally every single tier 3 proc mechanic
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-05-16 16:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ignoring his mechanics entirely is pretty easy and is how the vast majority of groups do him.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-05-16 16:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, things that usually an LS funds because they are obscenely expensive and take multiple remas/6+ months min to make.
Um, what?

Brd requires 4 rema to function.

Geo requires a 6 month wait minimum.

Cor isnt exactly cheap to make, same with rdm, both of which have some of the most expensive rema armor to build and requiring literally all of it.

Supports are not cheap, and very few people actually have a support. Most of these jobs for most people are done via linkshell funding.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-05-16 16:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Um, what?

Cor isnt exactly cheap to make, same with rdm, both of which have some of the most expensive rema armor to build and requiring literally all of it.

Supports are not cheap, and very few people actually have a support. Most of these jobs for most people are done via linkshell funding.
Bard only "requires" two REMA, with Daurdabla and especially Carn only being nice bonuses.

Having to wait isn't something getting handouts is going to help with, and a lot of people already have progress from doing it for Epeo already.

You absolutely don't "need" even close to all of the AF/Relic/Empy for COR and RDM to make them perfectly serviceable for the likes of Odyssey, and only Relic +2/3 is notably expensive out of those sets.

Farming enough gil to get these jobs running is not so hard that it makes people require handouts, and it's incredibly rare that linkshells do anything of the sort, especially these days. Most group events these days either have most of the gil rewards be individual pool (odyssey, vagary), usually get split after the run or have stuff drop randomly (dynamis, omen), or don't drop appreciable gil at all (escha), which leaves leaders paying out of pocket for handouts, which is naturally extremely rare.
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2021-05-16 16:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Um, what?

Which LS are funding bards? Sounds like someone owes me some gil...
By kunami 2021-05-16 17:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So with all the flaming arrow/hot shot discussion going on, would probably be worth discussing sets/adding them to the guide post.

If someone wants to put up some sets (lua code is fine) I will add them to the node. Is it necessary to have 3 tiers of hotshot/flame arrow or just one like Coronach and Jishnu's?
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-05-16 17:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ramsy said: »
Um, what?

Which LS are funding bards? Sounds like someone owes me some gil...

Most decent endgame LSs fund out the bards out of the LS bank. If your LS isnt helping get their supports going... dont support for that LS. Shits too much money.
 Bahamut.Yukisoba
Server: Bahamut
user: Yukisoba
By Bahamut.Yukisoba 2021-05-16 17:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I have never been in a decent LS, I guess.

I made 3 Idris, Yagrush, and all BRD REMAs out of my own pocket, I think some people owe me gil!
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-05-16 17:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Um, what?

Bard only "requires" two REMA, with Daurdabla and especially Carn only being nice bonuses.

Having to wait isn't something getting handouts is going to help with, and a lot of people already have progress from doing it for Epeo already.

You absolutely don't "need" even close to all of the AF/Relic/Empy for COR and RDM to make them perfectly serviceable for the likes of Odyssey, and only Relic +2/3 is notably expensive out of those sets.

Farming enough gil to get these jobs running is not so hard that it makes people require handouts, and it's incredibly rare that linkshells do anything of the sort, especially these days. Most group events these days either have most of the gil rewards be individual pool (odyssey, vagary), usually get split after the run or have stuff drop randomly (dynamis, omen), or don't drop appreciable gil at all (escha), which leaves leaders paying out of pocket for handouts, which is naturally extremely rare.

Durdaubla is pretty much required for endgame, the only "optional" rema is carn, and only optional if something lasts less than 10m.

Rdm REQUIRES all your rema armor. Theres only like 1 rema piece from every non empy set you can skip. Anything less, and debuffs will resist.

Cor can technically get away with just savage set for this specific boss, but youre not getting into a farm run without your leaden set... which isnt cheap. Again, most of your rema armor is required, albeit a decent chunk less than rdm.

The server population that has the prereqs required to obtain epeo/idris is probably 2% of everyone max.
[+]
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2021-05-16 17:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Back on the topic of ranger. For hover shot is it possible to just move between two spots @ 1 yalm apart or do I have to keep moving between multiple spots?
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-05-16 17:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as i can tell, as long as it is 1 yalm from the last position you shot, you should be fine. Back and forth has worked for me thus far.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-05-16 17:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Um, what?

Durdaubla is pretty much required for endgame, the only "optional" rema is carn, and only optional if something lasts less than 10m.

Rdm REQUIRES all your rema armor. Theres only like 1 rema piece from every non empy set you can skip. Anything less, and debuffs will resist.

Cor can technically get away with just savage set for this specific boss, but youre not getting into a farm run without your leaden set... which isnt cheap. Again, most of your rema armor is required, albeit a decent chunk less than rdm.

The server population that has the prereqs required to obtain epeo/idris is probably 2% of everyone max.
This is absolutely untrue; in 99% of cases, all you're losing by having 4 songs instead of 5 is one minuet, which isn't negligible, but also isn't necessary for any fight in the game.

Speaking as a Red Mage, this is incredibly untrue; max MACC uses 2 Vitiation pieces and 1 Artifact piece, with the other pieces not being artifact/relic/empyrean at all. In addition, it is quite rare that you need even close to this much MACC, because enemies are basically never at the sweet spot of "need all the MACC you can get to land enfeebles"; either they have way too much MEVA for particular elements that it doesn't matter what gear you use, or you can get away with using 100 or more MACC less than optimal and land enfeebles just fine, especially if you use MACC food. Heck, even White Mages can land enfeebles on stuff like V15 Bumba.

As a career RDM, I only use 2 artifact pieces and 4 relic pieces (and said relic pieces work just fine at +2, and even have perfectly serviceable cheaper alternatives the work just fine). Heck, the most important piece for enfeebles isn't any of RDM's relic/artifact/empyrean, but Chironic Hose.

You can get into segment farms just fine with just a Savage set; you won't be doing as well as you could be, but serviceable Leaden sets can be achieved without relic +3 pieces using much less gil.

That's irrelevant; most of them don't have access because they chose to not work for it in the past, not because they can't do it. If someone really needs to participate in V15 Odyssey ASAP and can't wait to build an Idris, there are plenty of other in-demand jobs that work just fine.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-05-16 17:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Um, what?

This is absolutely untrue; in 99% of cases, all you're losing by having 4 songs instead of 5 is one minuet, which isn't negligible, but also isn't necessary for any fight in the game.

Speaking as a Red Mage, this is incredibly untrue; max MACC uses 2 Vitiation pieces and 1 Artifact piece, with the other pieces not being artifact/relic/empyrean at all. In addition, it is quite rare that you need even close to this much MACC, because enemies are basically never at the sweet spot of "need all the MACC you can get to land enfeebles"; either they have way too much MEVA for particular elements that it doesn't matter what gear you use, or you can get away with using 100 or more MACC less than optimal and land enfeebles just fine, especially if you use MACC food. Heck, even White Mages can land enfeebles on stuff like V15 Bumba.

As a career RDM, I only use 2 artifact pieces and 4 relic pieces (and said relic pieces work just fine at +2, and even have perfectly serviceable cheaper alternatives the work just fine).

You can get into segment farms just fine with just a Savage set; you won't be doing as well as you could be, but serviceable Leaden sets can be achieved without relic +3 pieces using much less gil.

That's irrelevant; most of them don't have access because they chose to not work for it in the past, not because they can't do it. If someone really needs to participate in V15 Odyssey ASAP and can't wait to build an Idris, there are plenty of other in-demand jobs that work just fine.

Unless you die, then youre down to 3 instead of 4, which is quite significant.

As someone that just built a rdm, you need 3 AF to +3, and 4 Relic to +3. Need. Required.

There are other in demand jobs that cost 200m to get your foot in the door just fine for the specific group you want to get into, because again, if you dont already have one, youre going to need to pug it... and if youre not a support job whos barrier to entry is obscene because support jobs are the money makers for selling gear to, youre not likely getting a pug run going.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-05-16 18:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Um, what?

As a career RDM, I only use 2 artifact pieces and 4 relic pieces (and said relic pieces work just fine at +2, and even have perfectly serviceable cheaper alternatives the work just fine).

As someone that just built a rdm, you need 3 AF to +3, and 4 Relic to +3. Need. Required.

There are other in demand jobs that cost 200m to get your foot in the door just fine for the specific group you want to get into, because again, if you dont already have one, youre going to need to pug it... and if youre not a support job whos barrier to entry is obscene because support jobs are the money makers for selling gear to, youre not likely getting a pug run going.
A bigger penalty to messing up and dying is just that, a penalty for messing up. It doesn't prevent you from succeeding, and 4 songs is enough to succeed in every situation.

I just explained why you don't, and you repeatedly claiming that you "need" them all does not make it true. Let me go over them:

Artifact Head: Only useful for Fast Cast or a cheaper alternative to Vitiation head. Crimson Mask or the +1 AF works fine as an alternative for FC, and Merlinic Hood works fine as an alternative for magic accuracy. It's only ~1m if you want to go for the +2 head, as well.

Artifact Body: Very nice for magic accuracy, but the +2 version (~1 mil) or Chironic body are plenty good enough as alternatives. It's useful for Refresh potency, but in a world with Ballads, elixirs, and idle sets, you don't actually really need every last point in Refresh.

Artifact Hands: Useful for the enhancing duration, but is mostly convenience, with the cheap as hell +1 version being plenty sufficient.

Artifact Legs: A miniscule upgrade from Crimson legs or the cheap +1 version for enhancing skill, and is barely noticeable.

Artifact Feet: Useless.

0 pieces are required.

Relic Head: BiS for magic accuracy, but as above, Merlinic with a 30+ MACC augment (very cheap with Pellucid stones) is plenty sufficient.

Relic Body: Mostly convenience for making enhancing spells on yourself last longer, since Empyrean set bonus works better when casting on others. You can use the +1 version for Fast Cast needs, which is very cheap.

Relic Hands: Useful for the buff to Gain spells, but not essential. The enhancing duration is basiclly useless because of the much cheaper Artifact Hands.

Relic Legs: Useless.

Relic Feet: These are very nice, and probably the one relic piece I'd say is worth going for even on a budget since RDM does not get a lot of options for MACC feet, but stopping at +2 is fine and a fraction of the price of going to +3.

Result: 1 piece is required

Empyrean: All 5 are useful for the set bonus, and body/hands/legs/feet are useful in their own right, every piece but the body is very cheap, and you can leave the body at NQ 119 if you don't want to spend 1m on it since the difference is relatively small.

5 pieces are required, but Empyrean is dirt cheap outside of +1 body, which you can skip and just get the NQ instead.

That's 6 pieces, 5 of which are dirt cheap. you don't even need 1/10th of the 200m figure you suggested to make a serviceable Red Mage. The likes of Corsair is a bit higher, but you can make a solid one for like 40m (assuming you can get a pulse for Naegling without buying it, from either farms, orbs, or deeds).
[+]
 Asura.Panasync
By Asura.Panasync 2021-05-16 19:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

With all song+/duration gear you're riding 10m even w/o Carn, I think like 9:50~9:40, which you can either retard the songs after the JA, or live with a downtime of 10 seconds. More of a DD/macc upgrade at this point.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-05-16 19:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Um, what?

A bigger penalty to messing up and dying is just that, a penalty for messing up. It doesn't prevent you from succeeding, and 4 songs is enough to succeed in every situation.

I just explained why you don't, and you repeatedly claiming that you "need" them all does not make it true. Let me go over them:

Artifact Head: Only useful for Fast Cast or a cheaper alternative to Vitiation head. Crimson Mask or the +1 AF works fine as an alternative for FC, and Merlinic Hood works fine as an alternative for magic accuracy. It's only ~1m if you want to go for the +2 head, as well.

Artifact Body: Very nice for magic accuracy, but the +2 version (~1 mil) or Chironic body are plenty good enough as alternatives. It's useful for Refresh potency, but in a world with Ballads, elixirs, and idle sets, you don't actually really need every last point in Refresh.

Artifact Hands: Useful for the enhancing duration, but is mostly convenience, with the cheap as hell +1 version being plenty sufficient.

Artifact Legs: A miniscule upgrade from Crimson legs or the cheap +1 version for enhancing skill, and is barely noticeable.

Artifact Feet: Useless.

0 pieces are required.

Relic Head: BiS for magic accuracy, but as above, Merlinic with a 30+ MACC augment (very cheap with Pellucid stones) is plenty sufficient.

Relic Body: Mostly convenience for making enhancing spells on yourself last longer, since Empyrean set bonus works better when casting on others. You can use the +1 version for Fast Cast needs, which is very cheap.

Relic Hands: Useful for the buff to Gain spells, but not essential. The enhancing duration is basiclly useless because of the much cheaper Artifact Hands.

Relic Legs: Useless.

Relic Feet: These are very nice, and probably the one relic piece I'd say is worth going for even on a budget since RDM does not get a lot of options for MACC feet, but stopping at +2 is fine and a fraction of the price of going to +3.

Result: 1 piece is required

Empyrean: All 5 are useful for the set bonus, and body/hands/legs/feet are useful in their own right, every piece but the body is very cheap, and you can leave the body at NQ 119 if you don't want to spend 1m on it since the difference is relatively small.

5 pieces are required, but Empyrean is dirt cheap outside of +3 body, which you can skip and just get the +2 instead.

That's 6 pieces, 5 of which are dirt cheap. you don't even need 1/10th of the 200m figure you suggested to make a serviceable Red Mage. The likes of Corsair is a bit higher, but you can make a solid one for like 40m (assuming you can get a pulse for Naegling without buying it, from either farms, orbs, or deeds).

AF head, not required to +3.

AF Body, Required to +3, enfeeb set.

AF Hands, Required savage set. Required enhance duration set.

AF Legs, Required Enhancing Skill Set.

AF Feet, Not required to +3.

3 required.

Relic Head, Required Enfeeb Set.

Relic Body, Required enhancing duration, skill, savage blade.

Relic Hands, Required Gain+ and enhancing skill+

Relic Legs, The only piece of rema you can realistically skip completely for rdm, as even the not needed AF sees more use.

Relic Feet, Required enfeeb set.

Empy; Literally all of it required.

You physically cannot get around these pieces on rdm. You need macc, you need enhancing skill, you need enfeeb potency. Rdm is one of the few jobs that requires multiple mog wardrobes alone to play properly, and a job that suffers severely from half assing.
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-05-16 20:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are you guys arguing with this idiot?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 97 98 99