Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-01-19 01:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, K, whatever makes you happy Alsukage~

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
omg its kat involved in drama. hold the phone.

Mah Home-boy ;)
Need another loan?
 Leviathan.Eloc
user: Eloc
By Leviathan.Eloc 2019-01-19 19:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

aisukage said: »
Yeaaaah What Afania said. XD

Just to clarify since you can't seem to figure it out...

...Where you made up numbers and said it was impossible to do it any quicker than 4:30 even when multiple people said they could. You are simply spreading false information because you are unable to achieve what others can. You asked for proof that it was possible and i provided it and you're mad to be proven wrong in front of everyone. Now you're trying to pick at every detail you can so you can deceive yourself in thinking you are right. You're wrong simple as that and it's not mine or anyone's problem now move on.

I enjoyed reading this. Ask Kat about Omen strategies if you ever need a good laugh.
[+]
 Shiva.Nayomi
Guildwork Premium
Server: Shiva
user: nayomi423
By Shiva.Nayomi 2019-01-19 23:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

shotz fired lmao
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-01-19 23:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Eloc said: »
Ask Kat about Omen strategies if you ever need a good laugh.

I agree, I'm known for being hilarious, especially when we "have" to carry people like you :D [in a numbingly boring content] while I'm drunk.
So, I come up with things~
[+]
 Asura.Schroe
Server: Asura
user: Schroe
By Asura.Schroe 2019-01-23 04:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Multiple D pugs where 2 DD died and I had to savage blade it down on PLD. Aegis and fealty make it cake though. Really want to see 3 PLD setup just for the hell of it.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-01-27 21:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tried to SAM Yoichi things down in D/VD when it comes to ranged damage? I haven't tried yet but I may if I can find some Plutons. It's been pretty difficult to find DDs that can take care of the ranged part of this Ambuscade.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-27 21:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You can do it without doing ranged damage at all, do the entire thing with leaden/tf

I've got 400k hallmarks and I still have no idea what the ranged part is supposed to be this month lol. Even on VD adds die in 2 leadens. They totally forgot to triple the HP (or did it on purpose since it was impossible the first time?)
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-01-27 21:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

after the blm's dead, using cor and rng to kill it so only tank gets hit with that move. Then you dont even need a whm. a brd or geo can main heal.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-27 21:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Semantics but thats magic damage, not ranged

Even gimp *** cors with hollidays/molybs do 99k
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-01-27 21:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

ehh, not on VD, Iv seen some pretty terribad rangers TF and cors Leaden. like 40-50k ws with idris geo

I think it comes down to the gear more so than the gun
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-01-27 21:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that's not answering my question at all and is missing the point.

For many reasons, I end up solo DDing the whole thing on SAM (or duoing with a RUN) and while I have no problem with melee/magic (Murasamemaru is enough to destroy them), I haven't tried Yoichi but if it's pretty efficient on the ranged part, then I don't have to worry about DDs or meleeing CORs at all.

It's easier to know that I can solo it even faster by myself than it is to be sure whether a COR or a random DD can actually deal damage. Guess I'll have to finish that 10k upgrade to know the answer.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-27 22:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there actually a "ranged damage" part?

Easily solo melee the first phase, easily solo melee the second phase, and then everything does the same 99k on the last phase?

You don't even need to ranged damage that last part, you can easily do it melee just be in dt set. Readies > ws 99k > DT set > move goes off.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-01-27 22:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

On the third phase when RDM and DRK adds pop, them and the boss have a damage vulnerability that switches between ranged/melee/magic. That's what I'm referring to.

Everything else I Fudosmash it quickly enough to not worry about it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-27 22:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Skip that phase
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-01-27 22:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember skipping it a couple times "on accident" but haven't found a reliable way to do so. Completely destroy it when it heals BLM?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-27 22:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Kill the BLM when it pops
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-01-27 22:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh that. That's not a possibility unfortunately.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-27 22:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

... should I ask why? It's just a matter of putting on a MDT set and getting a stona.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-01-27 23:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, it's already really difficult to find people who can tackle D on any of the roles, if on top of that I have to find people who are specifically able to adapt and get through killing BLM on pop, I'm not doing Ambuscade at all this month.

I've tried several times, I haven't found anyone able to pull it off for many, many reasons and at this point I rather get VD done while taking 8/10min than not getting to do it at all.

I clear VD the "normal" way without problem when I get people who aren't overestimating themselves, I was just wondering if getting Yoichi to last stage would help me remove some of the burden when recruiting people or if it wasn't reliable enough.

TL;DR: do I have the gear that would let me damage and stay alive? Yes. Will I have the Stona and whatever else is needed to get ***done? No.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-01-28 00:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Well, it's already really difficult to find people who can tackle D on any of the roles, if on top of that I have to find people who are specifically able to adapt and get through killing BLM on pop, I'm not doing Ambuscade at all this month.

I've tried several times, I haven't found anyone able to pull it off for many, many reasons and at this point I rather get VD done while taking 8/10min than not getting to do it at all.

I clear VD the "normal" way without problem when I get people who aren't overestimating themselves, I was just wondering if getting Yoichi to last stage would help me remove some of the burden when recruiting people or if it wasn't reliable enough.

TL;DR: do I have the gear that would let me damage and stay alive? Yes. Will I have the Stona and whatever else is needed to get ***done? No.

Maybe it's because I'm drinking but you seem to be overcomplicating things. The "kill BLM" strat is only a challenge in the few seconds of transition where the tank needs Cursna/Viruna/cures, or if the DDs are stupid enough to pull hate on the Berserker and get stomped, which I've seen a few times.

Between Barstonra, rune fencer's Vallation + Flabra, DT/MDT sets, and Divine Caress + Stona, if you can reach the final phase with 1 tank or 1 melee left then it is a win. Period.

For LS runs I've done this month, with mules and carries, even, the trick is just to have whoever the white mage go after on hate reset peel off, mages run to tank, Cursna/Viruna/cure, Devotion if you can for pally, and then reposition and finish the fight.
By Autocast 2019-01-28 01:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Think you are seriously overestimating how difficult this months ambu is, I'm the type of player who never gets to do VD because I'm gimp/don't have proper jobs at a high enough gear level and I'm 4 boxing this month with a friends paladin, we clear with just our 5 chars easily to the point where if using geared real players I don't see how 4man wouldn't be a joke.

109 emp hands and reive cape on whm is all you need for divine caress stona to last until its back up. Using only a run and a paladin as damage on last phase I only ever need to divine caress twice, I imagine if you had an actual setup with more people doing ws you would only need it once.

Friend's meh geared paladin never has issues with hate, savage blade hits for 99k easy so I don't see how any reasonably mid tier geared DD job cant cap damage.

DT sets aren't even required, even on the few times I don't put valiance up (or one for all which combined with valiance cause it to do no damage at all til it falls off), one curaga4 will top anyone hit and with any type of mp refund pants(ilvl or not) the whm is never going to run out of mp.

As said above there is only one moment in the entire fight that requires one person (the whm) to react and do something.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Aerison 2019-01-28 09:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
I joined a PuG that was killing VD this month as RUN WAR WHM BRD + 2 leeches. Not sure what was done for magic or ranged damage or whatever but it was easy. BLM was killed.
Don't need magic or ranged if killing blm and locking boss.

x2 Reso or Reso/Upheaval and Rudras is plenty of damage.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-01-28 10:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirris said: »

Autocast said: »
Quote:
I'm not saying that it is difficult or that you are wrong, you don't get it.

What I'm saying is that I understand the strat, I can do it as DD or tank, I have tried it several times (people here may have understood it too in the past week where I've been less active on Ambuscade but if so, I don't run with them so I wouldn't know) and people never managed to get past the first few AOEs.

I mean, the point is to clear it, if I'm around people who can't clear it by killing the BLM then no problem, we'll keep it alive. I don't have a problem with it personally. And until I can run the 6 characters myself (at which point I'm sure I'll *** up on my own from the multi tasking), I'll just do whatever allows me to actually clear the content with the people I have managed to run with.

But all in all, I'm really completely fine with the slow method, I don't mind it at all. If I meet people who are confident/comfortable with the fast one, I'll obviously go for it, but otherwise it's perfectly fine.

And if throwing 10k Plutons makes it even easier to "handle on my own if it comes down to it", then I'll do it.
By Afania 2019-01-28 14:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Think you are seriously overestimating how difficult this months ambu is, I'm the type of player who never gets to do VD because I'm gimp/don't have proper jobs at a high enough gear level and I'm 4 boxing this month with a friends paladin, we clear with just our 5 chars easily to the point where if using geared real players I don't see how 4man wouldn't be a joke.

109 emp hands and reive cape on whm is all you need for divine caress stona to last until its back up. Using only a run and a paladin as damage on last phase I only ever need to divine caress twice, I imagine if you had an actual setup with more people doing ws you would only need it once.

Friend's meh geared paladin never has issues with hate, savage blade hits for 99k easy so I don't see how any reasonably mid tier geared DD job cant cap damage.

DT sets aren't even required, even on the few times I don't put valiance up (or one for all which combined with valiance cause it to do no damage at all til it falls off), one curaga4 will top anyone hit and with any type of mp refund pants(ilvl or not) the whm is never going to run out of mp.

As said above there is only one moment in the entire fight that requires one person (the whm) to react and do something.

This month has absolutely nothing to do with gears, just saying. I was doing VD another day and I explained how to whm repeatly, and even linked my own video on whm pov showing how to do last phase. I pretty much recorded video for this purpose.

Then for some reason the whm couldnt pull it off, they would cast stona without accession nor divine caress, then do a single target cure IV, then do another single target stona, when 5 people are petri and yellow hp.

Needless to say there arent enough time betweem tp move to cure/stona 5 person with all single target spells so we wiped for 1.5hr, not getting 1 single win. I patiently explained how to cast spells for whm after every wipe for 1.5hr but they just cant pull it off for whatever reason.

Ever since then I took the whm spot myself for every subsequent runs for 3-4 min wins.

@Cerberus.Senkyuutai

If you have difficulty getting wins, lv whm will be MUCH better solution than building a yoichi for sam lol. I spent 2 days to gear mine and I dont even have divine caress hands, and it doesnt matter anyways, since vast majority of runs NM dies in less than 5 torment.

Its much easier to control the outcome of a run on whm because anyone that can click ws macro can be a dd or cor. And it isnt just this month, but many others too. There are countless months that I find the pt perform better if Im on mage/healer role than DD or cor because certain debuff must land on certain time and not everyone can pull it off perfect.

If you have mage/healer job it can be used in many other content and make things so much easier. Imo thats better than make a yoichi on sam, then stop using it after this month and still have difficulty in other months because your mage cant do mage things. Overall its a better long term solution and investment.
[+]
By aisukage 2019-01-28 16:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

completely agree with Afania. Gearing up WHM would be a good choice than worrying about Yoichi. Didn't surprise me the amount of WHM's that didn't know about divine caress before this month when they should have. So unless i know some reliable WHM's which i do but i can count them with my fingers. Unless they are upto the task i just play my WHM. Cause i know i am capable of doing the WHM's job. At 1 point i was with a pug and switching from COR to WHM and having the WHM DD. Went from wiping every run to winning every run in about roughly 4 minutes. Also not going to just be useful for this month but there will be other months were if you are capable of playing WHM that it will benefit you more than other jobs. (Also WHM can be pretty fun)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-28 16:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny thing happened the other day. Tank died during phase 3 (not sure how, prolly whm not paying attention) and the boss came after the shooters. So me (COR) and another COR (he was badass) just kite/leaden him when he readies his TP move. With Gravity on from the GEO (and occasional bind), he never caught up to us and we kited his TP move and shoot/spam Leaden in the process while the tank recovered. We ended up taking off a good 30-40% chunk of it's life in the few moments the tank was getting up and buff etc. Didn't even actually need him for the last phase if we had kept it up.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-28 16:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done the same thing but as the GEO, 70k nukes with no buffs, super easy to kite. They have very low eva/meva
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-01-28 18:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Quote:

This month has absolutely nothing to do with gears, just saying. I was doing VD another day and I explained how to whm repeatly, and even linked my own video on whm pov showing how to do last phase. I pretty much recorded video for this purpose.

Then for some reason the whm couldnt pull it off, they would cast stona without accession nor divine caress, then do a single target cure IV, then do another single target stona, when 5 people are petri and yellow hp.

Needless to say there arent enough time betweem tp move to cure/stona 5 person with all single target spells so we wiped for 1.5hr, not getting 1 single win. I patiently explained how to cast spells for whm after every wipe for 1.5hr but they just cant pull it off for whatever reason.

Ever since then I took the whm spot myself for every subsequent runs for 3-4 min wins.

@Cerberus.Senkyuutai

If you have difficulty getting wins, lv whm will be MUCH better solution than building a yoichi for sam lol. I spent 2 days to gear mine and I dont even have divine caress hands, and it doesnt matter anyways, since vast majority of runs NM dies in less than 5 torment.

Its much easier to control the outcome of a run on whm because anyone that can click ws macro can be a dd or cor. And it isnt just this month, but many others too. There are countless months that I find the pt perform better if Im on mage/healer role than DD or cor because certain debuff must land on certain time and not everyone can pull it off perfect.

If you have mage/healer job it can be used in many other content and make things so much easier. Imo thats better than make a yoichi on sam, then stop using it after this month and still have difficulty in other months because your mage cant do mage things. Overall its a better long term solution and investment.
I don't think you've read what I said above.

Getting win isn't a problem, I've farmed 150k points already without really trying. The point of Yoichi was its viability when using the slow method to make it faster when applicable.

I don't see the need to gear WHM when I already clear as PLD or SAM. To clear faster? Back to square one: if I'm the DD, the tank is usually lacking (though, tanking on SAM isn't an issue as stated above but then you have a dead weight if I'm just gonna tank it all), if I'm the tank, the DDs are lacking, if I'm the WHM? Either one will be lacking. My difficulty is finding people who are solid enough for each role for the fast method and even if this month is very easy, most people I run into are absolutely unable to do what you/we deem easy in this Ambuscade.

It's very simple, really. I could be on point on WHM, if we get adds to repop 3/4 times on first wave (thus not even getting to BLM yet), there is no point. If the tank can't do ***at the very same point, same thing, and so on. I can Stona, Viruna, whatever-na everyone and whatever, the fact is that I'm stuck with people who can't do it.

This is why I've been simply going slow method for 8-12min clears. That's perfectly fine. However, if I could upgrade Yoichi and make it a bit faster, why not? Would be fun, too.

It's a very simple concept, you guys are a bit too Asura/"I know people to do it that way, so should you" in your head on that one.
There is literally nothing wrong/annoying with doing the slow method this month, either way is a sure victory. You do with what you have and I personally have been unable to find 5 people on point to clear faster. I may find 2 or even 3, but 5? Highly unlikely.

Would having WHM allow me to be in groups where the other 5 may be on point? Probably. Is it worth giving up playing a job I enjoy for the exact same result on a job I just don't want to play in this specific kind of event? Not in the slightest.
By Afania 2019-01-28 19:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting win isn't a problem, I've farmed 150k points already without really trying. The point of Yoichi was its viability when using the slow method to make it faster when applicable.

I don't see the need to gear WHM when I already clear as PLD or SAM. To clear faster?

Yes, my point is that for this particular month, play whm is often the faster than DD. DD Gears are mostly irrelevant this month because ws hits hard naturally. Not getting stona on time would drag the clear time a lot longer.

Just FYI, I have r15 dp/r25 rostam B and perfect leaden set. The time that I play cor in VD and have another person whm, our avg clear speed was 9 to 10 min, despite I can easily finish pld add in less than 20 sec. The amount of ***that goes on without proper cure and support just drag the clear time longer and longer because we had to resort to kite/shoot/nuke every single run because people die left and right with mages perma petried.

When I changed to whm and have another person come cor, who doesnt even know how to bypass invincinble with leaden, the clear speed is still < 5 min.

If your pt lacks dps to an extreme, worst case just make every person dps including whm. That would probably still come out to have faster clear speed than getting another whm *** up the run.

Tank lacking is also irrelevant if you are on whm, since you can cure bomb whoever has hate and precure with cureskins. So it doesnt matter slightest once you are on the healers role that can control the entire situation. It is something that dps role simply cant do very well.

It's a very simple concept, you guys are a bit too Asura/"I know people to do it that way, so should you" in your head on that one.
There is literally nothing wrong/annoying with doing the slow method this month, either way is a sure victory.

Im not from Asura, just saying. You asked for advice about yoichi because you want to clear faster, and we offered advice on how to clear faster. If clear faster isnt your goal, why ask for advice? Sounds like you just want people agree with your decision on yoichi at this point.

Is it worth giving up playing a job I enjoy for the exact same result on a job I just don't want to play in this specific kind of event? Not in the slightest.

Thats your choice. Cor is my main, Id gladly give up playing it because every single VD pt that Ive been to took at least 2x longer if someone else got the whm role. Personally I think its totally worth the job change.

If you have different opinion, go ahead and build a yoichi. Its your sub, lol.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7