Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-10 18:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninian said:
Clinpachi said:
Well i didn't build the PC for gaming/FFXI it just happened to work out awesome that way. I'm a graphic design major and anyone who is in that field can tell you an FTP on 1 monitor, design process in the main monitor, and a browser to test what you just uploaded will increase your productivity by double or more.

SOMEHOW my adobe flash CS4 still lags like ***when working on graphic intensive projects. Sucks.

Yeah I'm in that field too, but I really don't have the funds to do something like that yet. Flash CS4 eats everything. My photoshop CS3 hardly opens anymore, I need to get a better computer. It takes like 10minutes to get it open. At least it runs ok once opened.... and I need to get CS4 from a friend toooo......

It took me forever to build a PC like this, i still remember hitting the order button on newegg like a kid in a candy store. If you ever start a new job, on the tax information have them take out 15-20$ extra per paycheck... you may think it sucks at first... but next year come tax return time, you'll stare at your return check and be like.... son of a *** this is SWEEEEEEET.

Plus financial aid coming up allowed me to spend 3 paychecks to complete it.

Put blankly i'd do whatever is in your power to build the PC best suited for you asap.
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-10 18:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a great idea. I still really need to get a decent job first though... ; ;
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-10 18:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
Ninian said:
That's a great idea. I still really need to get a decent job first though... ; ;

Ninian... a job..? hahahahah

GO DIE D:< If I could get a job playing FFXI I would. :<
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-10 18:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
Ninian said:
Rowland said:
Ninian said:

Ninian... a job..? hahahahah

GO DIE D:< If I could get a job playing FFXI I would. :<

Then you'd be unemployed in a couple years when ffxiv takes over :3

Alternative Answer: Gilselling!

I think you might be on to something.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-10 22:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninian said:
Spellcast really isn't a crutch. You could do the same thing with Windower macros or even FFXI macro sets, you'd just have to hit an awful lot of buttons, or equip an awful lot of gearsets manually. Spellcast streamlines everything. Also, you need to be smart enough to be able to write an XML that deals with your own character's situation. If you have a computer, you should use Spellcast just for the convenience. I would never call anyone (but Rowland) gimp for not having Spellcast, but it really really makes your life so much simpler. And being able to manually type out macros and have the appropriate gear swaps happen is a major plus.

Lol interesting from someone who just said they wouldn't know what to do without it.
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-10 22:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Ninian said:
Spellcast really isn't a crutch. You could do the same thing with Windower macros or even FFXI macro sets, you'd just have to hit an awful lot of buttons, or equip an awful lot of gearsets manually. Spellcast streamlines everything. Also, you need to be smart enough to be able to write an XML that deals with your own character's situation. If you have a computer, you should use Spellcast just for the convenience. I would never call anyone (but Rowland) gimp for not having Spellcast, but it really really makes your life so much simpler. And being able to manually type out macros and have the appropriate gear swaps happen is a major plus.

Lol interesting from someone who just said they wouldn't know what to do without it.

I didn't start playing the game with Spellcast, I know how to make macros just like everyone else. I'm just saying it's that great that not having it totally sucks if you're accustomed to it. And I made some temp macros on the Xbox, though not having a keyboard at all kinda blows.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-10 22:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

People don't start walking with crutches either doesn't mean you can't start to rely on them. And you know there are plenty of people that do. And you can't transfer it to your xbox!!!
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-10 22:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
People don't start walking with crutches either doesn't mean you can't start to rely on them. And you know there are plenty of people that do. And you can't transfer it to your xbox!!!

Being a cripple I take offense to that comment!

Anyway... Yeah, not being able to transfer macros sucks. Luckily I had some half-assed ones I made last time I was here with a keyboard and just updated some gear and it wasn't too bad. The whole not being able to talk thing sucked, but at least I'm going back tomorrow to my beloved computer.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-10 22:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cripple? Do tell. And how the *** could that be offensive? Cause you know you can do fine but are milking it and feel guilty?
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-10 22:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Cripple? Do tell. And how the *** could that be offensive? Cause you know you can do fine but are milking it and feel guilty?

O~hohohoho. You're fun. <3

Edit: I had surgery and just got off my boot today. I'm doing alright, thanks.