Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-09 20:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fredjan said:
apoc makes a big difference though

it does, I recognize this, and by a more than fair margin simply from the acc and base dmg alone. I'm just saying the haste from cata itself
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-10-09 20:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
lots of math

I didnt see V-shot in there =\
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-09 20:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:
As far as merits go I'd have to put soboro/yochi over kc/yochi(annihilator). The sam will be ws'ing much more often as well as being able to self SC namas namas and get dmg out the ***.

I'd have to say it comes really close in the end. You can really do some massive numbers on RNG with Annihilator (See this) and while SAM with Yoichi can indeed WS a lot faster, they'll be for less damage and more frequent misses so it's really a tradeoff. Obviously depends on what you're doing.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-09 20:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Really though we gunna throw well if I had relic or some other really hard to get stuff into the equiation? If I could mainhand mandau and offhand bartima whatever stage4...
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-09 20:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Haste_%28Status_Effect%29

Quote:
There are limitations to the amount of haste gained from various sources:

* Equipment: 25%
o Includes Catastrophe
* Magical effects: ~43.75%
* Job abilities: 25%
o Haste gained from job abilities does not reduce spell recast timers

The maximum recast time reduction from all sources is capped at 50%, and the absolute maximum amount of haste from all sources is ~80%.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-09 20:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Vegetto said:
As far as merits go I'd have to put soboro/yochi over kc/yochi(annihilator). The sam will be ws'ing much more often as well as being able to self SC namas namas and get dmg out the ***.

I'd have to say it comes really close in the end. You can really do some massive numbers on RNG with Annihilator (See this) and while SAM with Yoichi can indeed WS a lot faster, they'll be for less damage and more frequent misses so it's really a tradeoff. Obviously depends on what you're doing.

6k is nice and all, but considering they don't even have 6k hp, it's back to the overkill damage that shows nice on the parse, but still is damage that isn't actually being dealt. As far as overkill/wasted damage, I'd have to say rng gets the ***end of the stick out of all the DDs.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-09 20:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Really though we gunna throw well if I had relic or some other really hard to get stuff into the equiation? If I could mainhand mandau and offhand bartima whatever stage4...

I don't see how that'd beat x's or blau.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-09 20:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Has this actually become a what's best in merits discussion or did I miss something in the OP?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-09 20:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:
Dasva said:

Blau is overrated... though for offhand yeah itd probably beat stage 4. Um doesnt wiki say something like X only works on SA/TA if its mainhanded anyways? And your not gunna beat main hand mandau. So really I'd offhand kclub/merc kris and split SA TA
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-10-09 21:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Vegetto said:
Dasva said:

Blau is overrated... though for offhand yeah itd probably beat stage 4. Um doesnt wiki say something like X only works on SA/TA if its mainhanded anyways? And your not gunna beat main hand mandau. So really I'd offhand kclub/merc kris and split SA TA

X's Knife works in the offhand iirc.

Blau is only overrated if you have a Mandau in your mainhand. If you do, then an X's Kinfe in the offhand is the way to go.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-09 21:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Eeek said:
Dasva said:
Vegetto said:
Dasva said:

Blau is only overrated if you have a Mandau in your mainhand. If you do, then an X's Kinfe in the offhand is the way to go.

Just looked at wiki X works off hand on normal crits. It works on SA TA if mainhanded. Also Pharpe beats blau a bit too. And harpe can... I mean that whole much lower fstr cap really can make a huge diff on well geared thfs. Also offhanding ridill is too slow... though could probably still split SA and TA and ws ever 30 sec
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-09 21:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fredjan said:
still, blau is better than ridill for thf

Really though cmon has anybody ridill thfd in forever?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-09 21:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Fredjan said:

You see it every now and then, but it tends to be the people who think hard to get = awesome. Everyone else figured out there are better options a long time ago.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-09 21:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

merc kris is far superior offhand and much easier to get for thf. Well much better for a zerging drk that can't get kclub too
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-10-09 21:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
merc kris is far superior offhand and much easier to get for thf. Well much better for a zerging drk that can't get kclub too

No. Just no. Merc Kris is not a weapon THF should be using. The low base damage just kills DoT, and that's where the majority of a THF's damage comes from on mobs that THF is actaully allowed to melee.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-09 21:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Eeek said:
Dasva said:
Vegetto said:
Dasva said:

Just looked at wiki X works off hand on normal crits. It works on SA TA if mainhanded. Also Pharpe beats blau a bit too. And harpe can... I mean that whole much lower fstr cap really can make a huge diff on well geared thfs. Also offhanding ridill is too slow... though could probably still split SA and TA and ws ever 30 sec

Wiki's pretty wrong on that one. The numbers show and just about any mandau thf will tell you its best paired with x's kinfe.

Also, Pharp doesn't beat blau >.>
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-09 21:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fredjan said:
Nightfyre said:
Dasva said:
Fredjan said:

You see it every now and then, but it tends to be the people who think hard to get = awesome. Everyone else figured out there are better options a long time ago.

like ares' body on non-plds?

Yep, except Ares' Cuirass has legitimate uses for non-PLDs in a few situations (capped ACC, singlehit WS, DRG soloing) and Ridill basically just sucks these days.

EDIT: Both make good town gear though. Kinda like Hofud.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-09 21:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fredjan said:
Nightfyre said:
Dasva said:
Fredjan said:

(or apoc drks)

What about to tp in for um drgs... I mean really homam triple attack is lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-09 21:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Fredjan said:
Nightfyre said:
Dasva said:
Fredjan said:

(or apoc drks)

What about to tp in for um drgs... I mean really homam triple attack is lol

What is Aurum Cuirass?
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-09 21:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Askar/Aurum for drg
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-09 21:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Eeek said:
Dasva said:

No. Just no. Merc Kris is not a weapon THF should be using. The low base damage just kills DoT, and that's where the majority of a THF's damage comes from on mobs that THF is actaully allowed to melee.

Need to learn to ws better.
Vegetto said:
Also, Pharp doesn't beat blau >.>

It is 2 dmg tiers higher... that's a much higher fstr cap...
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-09 21:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

solo drgs need refresh!
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 25 26 27