Forum » FFXI » General » the A.M.A.N. Trove BC
the A.M.A.N. Trove BC
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 68 69 70
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-05-15 01:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Dagon is one that should be retaining its value due to it still being used for subtle blow sets. I’m not sure it is, but it should be
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-15 01:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Is "Thud" on Terminal Coffer guaranteed on Venus Orb? Or was that theory debunked?
I never kept track in the past, and honestly I rarely ever get Venus Orb, but out of those 41 Orbs I did yesterday (which does not mean 41 opened terminal coffers of course, I got the Mimic a lot of times) I managed to open Venus once and the chest was a "Thud".
All other Terminal Coffers (Mars) have been "Noise" for me.

I'm pretty confident I've got a few "Loud Thud" terminal coffers in the past but before that patch when they changed it you couldn't see the quality of the Terminal Coffer so of course I couldn't keep track of it.
By Pantafernando 2023-05-15 01:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any evidence we only have one mimic in a single trove?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-15 02:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Dagon is one that should be retaining its value due to it still being used for subtle blow sets. I’m not sure it is, but it should be
It's very niche, but also very unique so I guess you're right.
It's actually the third Dagon I'm seeing since AMAN trove release.
One I kept (and I'm currently not using but in theory I have it in a SB set for SAM iir)
One I gave to a friend.
And one dropped yesterday on my mule, so... it's there. Shame I couldn't sell it, or even give it away for free, but what can you do about it, eh?
 Bahamut.Suph
Server: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2023-05-15 02:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Is "Thud" on Terminal Coffer guaranteed on Venus Orb? Or was that theory debunked?

On my 93 Venus orbs run, the terminal coffer was always either a Thud or a Loud Thud, so I think Venus Orb just guaranteed the TC to be at least a thud.

I have enough vouchers to runs about 70 Mar Orbs this month, gonna run them to see if that really is the only difference.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-05-15 02:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I also just started to collect numbers to quantify more accurately the odds for a loud thud on terminal chest.

Spoiler: its quite low.
By Pantafernando 2023-05-15 03:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Another trick question: can exist a loud thud if no belligerant sound?
By Pantafernando 2023-05-15 03:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Last run, after no belligerant sound in the 4th chest i decided to open the terminal one
 Bahamut.Suph
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2023-05-15 04:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Yup, number 52, no BB message after 3rd box, 4th box is loud thud
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2023-05-15 05:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty confident I've got a few "Loud Thud" terminal coffers in the past but before that patch when they changed it you couldn't see the quality of the Terminal Coffer so of course I couldn't keep track of it.

I did about a dozen orbs right after update, and I ever only do Mars, and I did get multiple loud thuds from terminal coffer. In one run I got loud from chest, then other loud from terminal coffer, even.

No, and it can't be had. However, we have seen multiple 9/10 runs. I don't believe anybody ever goes to open that 10th tho, I certainly do.

Yes, definitely, I have gotten many. Again, I only ever do Mars Orbs.

Can post some screenshots if needed.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-15 05:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
I did about a dozen orbs right after update, and I ever only do Mars, and I did get multiple loud thuds from terminal coffer.
Oh for sure! I wasn't implying it's not possible, just that it never happened to me specifically, post AMAN Trove update.

Also I can confirm everybody who said Loud Thud without Belligerent Bang. I got many myself, altough I think most (all?) of mine came from Rainbow chests.
We can't say for certain unless SE tells us, but my idea is that the chest "changes" when it becomes Rainbow.
As such we can see two different scenarios:
A) That chest was a Noise or a Thud before
B) That chest was a Loud Thud already before

For scenario A) it's only right you weren't getting Belligerant Bang.
This sort of scenario doesn't answer Pantafernando's question though, because that chest *became* a Loud Thud but it wasn't such before.
So to better rephrase Panta's question let's define a more precise scenario:
1) We're past the third opened chest
2) We're not getting Belligerant Bang message
3) No Loud Thud in the Terminal Coffer
4) No Rainbow chests

Did anybody get a loud thud in such a situation? I don't remember if it ever happened to me honestly.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-05-15 06:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I was pretty close to have some relevant data.

I had opened the 7th chest with no sound.

One m9re chest and either one of them would turn rainbow or golden

Unfortunelly the 8th was a mimic.

On unrelated note, while not directly increasing the chances, this rainbow chest is a decent increase in the odds for success.

Just not sure about the hint the beligerant sound gives:

- You get a belligerant sound: incentive to go ahead as there is a big prize
- You dont get a belligerant sound: still keep going as there may be a chest.

So, this sound doesnt effectivelly bring relevant information for you to change your strategy
By Seun 2023-05-15 07:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

When you get to the 8th chest, the 9th turns gold/rainbow and leaves the mimic there. If there were two mimics, you'd never get to the 9th chest.

We can't say for certain unless SE tells us, but my idea is that the chest "changes" when it becomes Rainbow.
As such we can see two different scenarios:
A) That chest was a Noise or a Thud before
B) That chest was a Loud Thud already before

Excluding the mimic, rainbow/gold chests and the terminal chest; I still believe the other chests are undetermined until you interact with them.

Also, the BB message doesn't always start on the 3rd chest. I've seen it happen as late as the 5th chest opened.

So, this sound doesnt effectivelly bring relevant information for you to change your strategy

Most people have the 'loud thud or bust' mentality these days. Your strategy is to keep opening chests until you get either a loud thud or the mimic. If you were going to keep opening chests anyway, you didn't really need the message to remind you.

It can give you the information you don't want however...

I entered Trove once and got the BB messages, but I wasn't able to find the LT in time. I opened the 8th chest and the 9th turned gold. If there were no message I would never have known that the 9th chest demoted my loud thud to just thud.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sensarity
user: Meeeeeep
By Asura.Sensarity 2023-05-15 08:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

we have no way to know and no way to find out
just click boxes until one of them turns gay or a mimic kills you
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-15 09:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
im 99% sure that mimic is not decided on entry either, I think when you click any chest the server rolls a dice for Noise/T/LT/Mimic, and changes behaviour slightly on opening 8th chest.
If that were the case though you wouldn't get the rare rainbow/gold chest at start or the belligerent bangle message.
By Seun 2023-05-15 09:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
im 99% sure that mimic is not decided on entry either, I think when you click any chest the server rolls a dice for Noise/T/LT/Mimic, and changes behaviour slightly on opening 8th chest.

There is always only one mimic. All of the other outer chests have the ability to be upgraded to via the rainbow entry chest(s), belligerent bang(s), or the 9th chest event. The mimic is anchored so it only makes sense to predetermine it's place on the board since it can't change.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-05-15 10:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm in the boat that the mimic keeps shuffling around the board with server tick.

Server side of course.

Based off this theory I wonder if you could code a check and see it report back mimic or not.

But I would imagine if you send the check it would interpret it as open box.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-05-15 12:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm of the belief that nothing is defined throughout the whole encounter. The results we get from each chest are just based on probability based on what we've opened and what's left. So there's no such thing as multiple mimics.

Also the first belligerent bang can occur as late as after the 5th chest (maybe even later? never seen it later than that).
By Rips 2023-05-15 13:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m telling you all: that mimic jumps like it’s Michael freaking Jordan. I don’t trust it!

That being said, I have noticed an overwhelming occurrence of either getting loud thud or thwacked on the 3rd chest. There has to be some sort of code for that.
By Tarage 2023-05-15 13:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

To add a bit to the rainbow/LT conversation, I have a habit of opening the chests in a specific order, so my rainbow is always the last chest either in the top or bottom row on the left side. Considering the number of times this has happened, I think the odds that it already was one prior is probably low, and it got upgraded.
By Pantafernando 2023-05-15 14:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

My own personal theory is that when i see more chests appearing to lower half of my order (like 2 or 3 in sequence), i do the reverse of my usual order (starting from my usual last).

The implicit premise of this is that mimic jumps only to neighboor chest between tries.

Facing southwest during windsday and fullmoon also improve the odds too
[+]
By Rips 2023-05-15 15:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It’s crazy how many people would have believed this back in the day.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-15 15:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

They still do.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-05-15 15:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Rips said: »

It’s crazy how many people would have believe this back in the day.
It's almost as bad as dropping an item and getting nekkid to get loot, right?
By Dodik 2023-05-15 16:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

That's nonsense.

It's facing North and Lightsday for less chance of mimic, Darksday for higher loot chance but higher chance of mimic.
[+]
By AegParm 2023-05-15 18:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

FWIW, I open in the same order every time, and of the countless times I've gotten 8 open, it's always the same chest that turns rainbow/gold. Probably a couple dozen times now since rainbow stuff came around.
By Manque 2023-05-16 00:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So basic consensus for more casual people who play 1 char with maybe a mule is to stick to Mars instead of Venus?

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 68 69 70