Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 89 90 91 ... 121 122 123
By Nariont 2021-05-23 20:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

As said, its its own separate modifier, like weather/day bonuses, I think last time this was brought up, youd need basically perfect DM aug's to start getting close to beating it.
By SimonSes 2021-05-23 20:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah even my 10%wsd 30mab (total) herc head is weaker still. You would need 10%wsd 38mab (48mab total) augment to start beating Pixie if you also use Orpheus. Without Orpheus you would need something totally crazy from DM like 10%wsd, 50mab (60mab total), 3Agi augment to start beating Pixie.

Edit: I'm sorry this is with 150mab from buffs. Without buffs math below
[+]
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-05-23 20:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Otomis said: »
math, it just became raw visual data for me to base a decision from. Hoping someone in here is a math guru and can add some clarity. :)

Both cor spreadsheet and magic weapon skill spreadsheets (which is what you should use to check gear) calculate affinity.

to pull from BG wiki:

Quote:
Magic Weapon Skill damage is affected by all the same modifiers as other sources of magic damage, but the base damage is calculated somewhat similarly to physical weapon skills:

Base Magical WS Damage = ((152 + floor((WeaponLevel-99)*2.45) + WSC) * fTP + dSTAT + Magic Damage (Statistic)

Damage = Base Magical WS Damage × Magic damage multipliers

Affinity shows up as its own term in magic damage multipliers. For more detail here

simply put, Mab adds to a MAB/(monster MDB) term and affinity is its own multiplier like weather. Beating pixie is prob not possible unless you are needing MAcc.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-05-23 21:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

My above math was with mab buffs in mind. Without buffs it's actually much easier to beat Pixie. Without mab buffs and with addition of nyameB legs and hands we are also in a territory where mab is so valuable (and WSD diminished enough), that regular augment like +35mab,+5%wsd beats DM augment with +20mab,+10%wsd.
+35mab,5%wsd augment is still not enough to beat Pixie tho. You would need to add super rare +4 or more AGI to start beating Pixie with Orpheus. Without Orpheus even max augment of +35mab, +10agi, +5wsd is not enough. It would require +10%wsd, +35mab to start beating Pixie.
[+]
 Asura.Otomis
Server: Asura
By Asura.Otomis 2021-05-23 22:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you all for the input. Just going to stick with Pixie+1 and reaug helm for Savage Blade. Really appreciate it. :)
By Laboob 2021-05-28 15:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Just came back from a long break. Is r15 Demersal Degen +1 a replacement for blurred knife +1 now?

thanks
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-28 15:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Laboob said: »
Just came back from a long break. Is r15 Demersal Degen +1 a replacement for blurred knife +1 now?

thanks

Myself, and most people I know who play COR high end view it as an accuracy swap when needed compared to blurred+1. Due to difference in delay, Blurred+1 will still "swing faster", and the OAT on both functions the same. But it does result in a nice boost in accuracy without sacrificing any gear.

Biggest benefit to me? It squeezes a little more accuracy into my Savage Blade set, always a weak point for COR accuracy.
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-05-28 15:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah pretty much. I have personally fully migrated to Degen +1. I think Blurred Knife technically has the slight edge on content where accuracy doesn't matter. But the degen is such an easy place to get a ton of accuracy for very minor DPS loss.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-28 15:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Yeah pretty much. I have personally fully migrated to Degen +1. I think Blurred Knife technically has the slight edge on content where accuracy doesn't matter. But the degen is such an easy place to get a ton of accuracy for very minor DPS loss.

I did forget that if your group typically "caps" Haste via Honor March+Victory March, if your BRD doesn't have a Moonbow Whistle+1, the haste proc on Blurred+1 can fix your issue without bugging a WHM or GEO for haste. Yeah, its silly, but its one less thing for those jobs to either a) worry about or b) forget to do.
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-05-28 16:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks

From spreadsheet and what ingame parsing gleti knife r0 seems to do better in savage blade/last stand situation.
By Laboob 2021-05-28 18:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

thanks

Myself, and most people I know who play COR high end view it as an accuracy swap when needed compared to blurred+1. Due to difference in delay, Blurred+1 will still "swing faster", and the OAT on both functions the same. But it does result in a nice boost in accuracy without sacrificing any gear.

Biggest benefit to me? It squeezes a little more accuracy into my Savage Blade set, always a weak point for COR accuracy.

My acc swap is rostam offhand. Not sure how that does in comparison. I guess OAT would be better than just having a rostam. I could use rostam off-hand as an acc/DT swap.

thanks
By Laboob 2021-05-28 18:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Dade said: »

thanks

From spreadsheet and what ingame parsing gleti knife r0 seems to do better in savage blade/last stand situation.

Ooof. Just saw that. Now i'm thinking I wasted my money on degen +1 r15. Guess it can still be useful for RDM.
By Meeeeeep 2021-05-28 19:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks

Can you explain this to me? I'd have expected the increased rate of WS due to Blurred OAT to outweigh the benefits from Gleti's. I believe the math, I'd just like to understand why.
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-05-28 20:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Meeeeeep said: »

thanks

Can you explain this to me? I'd have expected the increased rate of WS due to Blurred OAT to outweigh the benefits from Gleti's.

slightly slower tp generation vs damage. the OH hit distrubtion goes from:
Blurred Gelti
1hit 40.47 61.98
2hit 32.05 4.66
3hit 25.48 31.36
4hit 2.00 2.00

on most sam roll the diff between rounds to WS is very minimal and boost in damage on sheet favors gelti. I'm still playing around with it in game. Most the extra DPS sheet is pulling is from TP phase with a marginal boost to savage(TA proc/stronger OH hit)

Only been using it for a couple weeks but have moved away from blurred unless I need the haste proc because casters be lazy. Posted my highest Shoel C damage with it, but its a terrible place to test. I haven't had the desire to kill a bunch of selkits to do clean parsing comparison.
By Meeeeeep 2021-05-28 20:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Blurred Gelti
1hit 40.47 61.98
2hit 32.05 4.66
3hit 25.48 31.36
4hit 2.00 2.00

on most sam roll the diff between rounds to WS is very minimal and boost in damage on sheet favors gelti. I'm still playing around with it in game. Most the extra DPS sheet is pulling is from TP phase with a marginal boost to savage(TA proc/stronger OH hit)

Only been using it for a couple weeks but have moved away from blurred unless I need the haste proc because casters be lazy. Posted my highest Shoel C damage with it, but its a terrible place to test. I haven't had the desire to kill a bunch of selkits to do clean parsing comparison.

Thanks for posting this. Does the math change at all when you lose most of your multihit due to having to TP in malignance? I've found myself having to fulltime it more and more in newer content.
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-05-28 22:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Meeeeeep said: »
Blurred Gelti
1hit 40.47 61.98
2hit 32.05 4.66
3hit 25.48 31.36
4hit 2.00 2.00

Thanks for posting this. Does the math change at all when you lose most of your multihit due to having to TP in malignance? I've found myself having to fulltime it more and more in newer content.

Gleti stays in the lead(100-200 dps depending on buffs), even if you dont swap to a DA tp cape spreadsheet still likes gleti over blurred+1 on max sam roll.
 Asura.Trumpet
user: Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2021-06-25 13:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

For doing segment farms, naegling + gleti/blurred/degen seems like easy choices, but for those of yall that use wildfire on the savage resistant ones or just in general, what's your preferred melee weapons? I figured it'd just same same as leaden, rostam + tauret, but front page shows naegling + tauret, do rostam and the OAT offhands just end up with wasted TP over 1k too much?
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-06-25 14:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I use RostamB and tauret for melee when using Wildfire
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-06-25 14:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

naegling/tauret would result in higher dmg individual Wildfires, but Path B Rostam/tauret will result in faster to 1k TP, and the times I use WF in Sheol:C (example- Bhoots) b2b Wildfire>Wildfire and the resultant Darkness is more than enough to kill them before anything nasty, so speed for me>a little more oompf.

Plus, the more I can use a Rostam, the more I do for the free -DT.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-06-28 06:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Would Ikenga body or feet be more useful to R20? Did 1 round of Xevioso for the Katana on 1 character, but got points on my COR alt as well and deciding between the 2.
 Siren.Dekoda
Server: Siren
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2021-06-28 11:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Having a hard time deciding between Rostam A v B. I thought path B would always beat path A when meleeing but according to the spreadsheet I have path A winning sometimes, and path A always wins for ranged attack/triple shot obviously. Depends on the target/buffs. Mostly interested in melee scenarios.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-06-28 12:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I would make Path A before B, Can melee with both but A is only one really good for RA.
[+]
 Siren.Dekoda
Server: Siren
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2021-06-28 14:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoops got my paths mixed up. Edited. But yeah that's what I thought too that the STP was more useful in both situations whereas the FUA is not.
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-06-29 15:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sterk said: »
Would Ikenga body or feet be more useful to R20? Did 1 round of Xevioso for the Katana on 1 character, but got points on my COR alt as well and deciding between the 2.

taking a break from game so haven't been looking at forum much, feet are going to be the best upgrade if you are going to shoot at trueshot spot. Personally i rarely, if ever, shoot for physical damage if can get that close to mob so i upgraded body hands legs evenly so far. I haven't done a ton of looking into trueshot spot dps for cor because its so far behind melee + ws in game.

I may try to clean up spreadsheet and release something actually up to date.
By Vaerix 2021-06-30 00:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So looking at the boots they could be exceptional, I've used am3 Armageddon on him at trueshot range without a real trueshot build and the damage was pretty insane for white damage, I'm looking at building up a true shot set to see if could be useful but idk when we will get to bee for me to see how the boots do. Ranged damage can be good vs extreme piercing weakness but that's only in pdif capped situations where you can really make use of that extreme weakness. The only fights with that type of weakness I can even think of are all odyssey NM's sub V15, the V15 nms pick up just enough resistance that it's still good but by no means 20k-30k triple shot rounds.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-07-04 09:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So I didn't see this listed anywhere specifically apart from the mob families themselves, but I made a similar post on the thief forms and I thought it would be useful to post it here as well for reference. I've compiled a list of all the mob resistances in sheol C for both piercing and slashing. In sheol C beasts, arcana, and demons are resistant to piercing, and aquans and undead are resistant to slashing, so I made a quick list of every mob that shows up from those families as a simple reference point.

I don't know all the leaden camps off the top of my head, but if someone else does I'll add them in. Otherwise I'll just experiment and add them as I go.

----------------------------------------------------------
Sheol C Mobs Resistant to Piercing

Beasts - Coeurl (Lynx), Manticore, Rabbit, Sheep (black variant), Ram, Tiger, Behemoth, Cerberus
Arcana - Bombs (triple cluster), Evil Weapons, Khimaira
Demon -- Imps, Soulflayers, Chaos Steward (dvergr)
Agon Mobs - Mamool Ja
Piercing resistant - Skeletons

Sheol C Mobs Resistant to Slashing

Aquans - Crab, Sea Monk, Pugil
Undead - Skeleton, Doomed, Hound, Ghost, Qubtrub
Agon Mobs - Lamia

Sheol C Mobs weak to Leaden Salute (possibly incomplete)

Beasts: Coeurl (Lynx), Marid, Rabbit, Sheep (black variant), Ram
Aquans: Crab, Sea Monk, Pugil
Other mob families - Marid, Puk, Mamool Ja

Sheol C Mobs weak to Wildfire (possibly incomplete)

Undead: Skeleton, Ghost

Sheol C Mobs weak to Hot Shot

Undead: Qubtrub
By SimonSes 2021-07-04 09:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
This is my personal playstyle, but whenever I bring corsair to farm sheol c I prefer to use fomalhaut over anarchy so that I can fire off last stand on the slashing resistant mobs

I don't get it, why can't you just switch guns when you want to Savage or Last Stand? Also Wildfire is another WS that COR should use to cover some monsters resisting everything else that COR can use.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-07-04 09:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I do use anarchy for the savage blade mobs and swap for the piercing. So I phrased it poorly.....I'll just remove that snip to keep this on point

Quote:
Also Wildfire is another WS that COR should use to cover some monsters resisting everything else that COR can use.

Good point. I haven't experimented much with wildfire yet. The whole point of the post is just to compile a simple quick reference list for what mobs are weak to what. "Use this against X mob, That against Y mob" etc...

I'll add a section for wildfire as well then. If someone can help me fill out the leaden and wildfire sections I'd appreciate it.
By Afania 2021-07-04 10:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sterk said: »

taking a break from game so haven't been looking at forum much, feet are going to be the best upgrade if you are going to shoot at trueshot spot. Personally i rarely, if ever, shoot for physical damage if can get that close to mob so i upgraded body hands legs evenly so far. I haven't done a ton of looking into trueshot spot dps for cor because its so far behind melee + ws in game.

Well shooting with white damage doesn't break SC so it may have an advantage.

I've been wondering if a COR uses triple shot + Arma AM3 spam /Ra at trueshot spot and another DD solo multistep SC, would party DPS beat SB spam but no SC?

Quite likely tbh, since 1 DD solo multistep can do damage of 2-3 people. Never get a chance to try though.
By Vaerix 2021-07-04 11:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Sheol C Mobs Susceptible to Leaden Salute (currently incomplete)

Sheep

Sheol C Mobs Susceptible to Wildfire (currently incomplete)

Personal testing, your mileage may vary.

Leaden weak: Marid, Sheep, Ram, Couerl, Rarab, Puk, Colibri, Mamool-Ja, Crab, Pugil, (Possibly Wyvern, didn't have many opportunities to test),

Wildfire weak: Draugar, Ghoul, Bhoot

Last Stand Favored over all other WS: Lamia

Savage Blade Favored over all other WS: Literally anything not listed in the 3 prior groups.

This is my personal stance on C Farming Weapon Skills on Cor. When I list leaden weak on here, it was because I was clearing more damage in a 1k ws vs Savage Blade with tp bonus gun (R15 DP). Would love it if someone would test Hot Shot Vs any piercing weak enemy using fomalhaut or armageddon (With Nyame to see if our hybrid got some nice benefit like nin), for wildfire weak enemies listed, outside of floor 4, Wildfire > Wildfire = Darkness should full clear 1 mob. 2 WS was my goal for soloing mobs for the group.

Don't forget to actively use utsusemi while running,

**By no means are these lists exhaustive**

EDIT: Added Marid
First Page 2 3 ... 89 90 91 ... 121 122 123