First Page 2 3 ... 88 89 90 ... 121 122 123
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-03-26 16:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
1. no one is saying have 1 shooting set. If you're trying to do that on either ranged DD job, you're going to have poor results. Of course there's a need for Malignance, Oshosi, Ikenga, and JSE. In fact, that very point is why I started off saying don't go 5/5 Ikenga.

2. the statement was made that that because RNG had more Dead Aim, that made more PDL useful. They are unique modifiers- having more Dead Aim isn't what makes PDL useful, but having enough buffs to support PDL does. And that makes for more potent ranged attacks both crit and non-crit. If you're not taking advantage of extra PDL on a non crit hit, a crit doesn't all of a sudden make it useful.

neither of these have been my agrument. Mine is crit for cor is mostly dogshit for arma and wearing a different set with different stats is maybe better even in previous attack cap situations.

The old assumption was if you are using arma might as well pump white dmg with crits because *** else you goin to do. I think you vastly overstate rngs attack advantage (whatever it is from jp and i guess axe) vs already having pdl trait.

edit: forgot about vs but in general i dont really care what is better for rng. Tryin to figure out cor
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-03-27 14:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Dade has hit me up related to the spreadsheet. I informed them that it was best if someone else took it over based on me being spread so thin in the XI community with other things such as BG Wiki and Windower.

I tried to answer their questions the best that I could but sadly all spreadsheets have so many errors we're always finding new ones even if we thought we fixed them in the past. I gave them node access to update the node post of spreadsheets.

Can't wait to see the latest one they release.
By Haorhu8 2021-03-27 16:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Whynez said: »
What builds have people been using for segment farming? Find PUGs want me to go w/ SB spam, but in farming with my static I’m finding Exentrator > Last Stand w/ self light to be the most consistent on damage. Tried doing a run on MNK and found my COR killed just as fast, but with more utility.

My group has been running Sheol C for around 6 weeks now on a regular basis, and about 90% of the runs I've been on COR. The biggest suggestions I can make for that particular zone is to not approach thinking of mobs as "having a weakness", but more "having a resistance".

Most of the time, mobs will take neutral/normal damage from all but 1 type, and I've found Savage Blade to be the most reliable damage. That doesn't mean you won't run into mobs that are slashing resistant. And while in A or B Leaden Salute is almost always a guaranteed winner, often the mobs that are slashing resistant end up being undead, making Leaden average at best- and due to the ability to self-chain and spam at 1k TP, I've found that Wildfire ends up being my go-to when Savage falls short.

-We run with PLD, heavy DDx2(usually SAM or WAR as they can vary between piercing and slashing so effectively), BRD, COR, WHM. Buffs are March x2, Minuet x2, SAM/CHAOS rolls.

Even with a very solid Savage Blade build, I'm not able to build TP on a Nostos mob and then kill with a single Savage Blade- there's usually between 15-25% HP left. That means no matter the TP level, its going to take 2 WSs to kill. That's why Wildfire, which even with R15 Armageddon and mobs that are susceptible to it, will still take 2 WSs, but ends up with overall fewer swings and faster death. 2 1k TP Wildfires vs 1 Savage at 1750TP and then a 1k TP one to finish it off. That's more time spent TP'ing for the same result- a dead mob. Multiply those saved attack rounds over the course of a run, and it adds up. But again, that's when the mob family is workable with magic damage.

For the most part, we pull halos/fetters by having the COR focus primarily on the Nostos while the heavy DDs handle the Agon mobs, so I rarely spend time on the Beastmen. It keeps things moving and allows for larger pulls.

tl;dr- Nostos mobs in C will take 2 WSs outside of a very few limited families that are susceptible to Leaden, and there aren't enough of those to make it your go-to WS. Savage Blade will be your primary source of damage, but having Wildfire around and a solid build is a huge help. The most effective way I've found to kill things in there for us has been teaming up on the same mob with a DD'ing BRD- then 2 WS's will happen before most Nostos mobs can even use a TP move, while the heavies can knock them down individually.

nice thanks for sharing never tried WF SC with my arma R15 + if group of mobs are none magical sensitive can still use naegling + light sc closing even if last stand can not kill it
By Haorhu8 2021-03-27 17:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

besides I ask myself the question can we multiply the new equipment nayme's like job's capes of ambush? in this possibility nyame R20 leg and hands could be BIS to arma R15 what do you think? (in the oseem situation does not increase MAB/WSD)?
By Foxfire 2021-03-27 22:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

if you're asking whether or not we can have multiples of the Nyame pieces individually (e.g. 2x nyame head), then no you cannot - they're rare/ex.
 Bismarck.Nanoprim
Server: Bismarck
user: Yenyoju
By Bismarck.Nanoprim 2021-03-31 05:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

A very quick question, What *minimum* level of augmentation do you need on Herc. Gloves to beat Carmine hands +1 path D for Leaden Salute please? (Ignoring any "better" new gear possibly from oddyssea) - Are we talking Dark matter crazy levels or can it be beat with regular stones?

EDIT: I can do the math and work out the AGI/MAB between the pieces, but unsure when you start factoring in +WSD% how this then affects the difference?
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-03-31 07:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nanoprim said: »
A very quick question, What *minimum* level of augmentation do you need on Herc. Gloves to beat Carmine hands +1 path D for Leaden Salute please? (Ignoring any "better" new gear possibly from oddyssea) - Are we talking Dark matter crazy levels or can it be beat with regular stones?

EDIT: I can do the math and work out the AGI/MAB between the pieces, but unsure when you start factoring in +WSD% how this then affects the difference?

Best bet is to take gear and plug into magic ws spreadsheet. Roughly going to need to be near perfect mab/wsdmg unless you hit an agi offroll with solid stats. The stats on herc legs goin to slightly change min value needed.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g4bPomXoDunZ9gYlGX0a8jt0NltndyVq/view
 Bismarck.Nanoprim
Server: Bismarck
user: Yenyoju
By Bismarck.Nanoprim 2021-03-31 08:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Dade said: »
Bismarck.Nanoprim said: »

Best bet is to take gear and plug into magic ws spreadsheet. Roughly going to need to be near perfect mab/wsdmg unless you hit an agi offroll with solid stats. The stats on herc legs goin to slightly change min value needed.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g4bPomXoDunZ9gYlGX0a8jt0NltndyVq/view

Thank you for the link, this worked a treat in trying to work this out!
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-31 08:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

iirc its somewhere around +25MAB and +4WSD
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2021-04-04 21:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranged attack food when spamming last stand?
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Server: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2021-04-05 00:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Buffyslyph said: »
Ranged attack food when spamming last stand?

I'm new to COR, but career RNG. Depends on what you are fighting really and how much raac you need. If racc is no issue, use red curry buns or whatever attack food the kids eat nowadays.

If you need some racc, and attack, can always use riverfin.

If you need just racc, sublime probably.
By fillerbunny9 2021-04-05 01:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

don't underestimate the hybrid potential of Grape Daifuku
[+]
By alamihgo 2021-04-11 16:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Is capped atk situation the only time you would drop Regal for Karieyh+1 on SB/LaSt?
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-04-12 18:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

alamihgo said: »
Is capped atk situation the only time you would drop Regal for Karieyh+1 on SB/LaSt?

yea pretty much.

I need to look into how last stand is calculated in sheet it seems lower than values i get ingame by quite a bit. I havent had a ton of extra free time to add new ***to sheet, slowly adding things to it.
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2021-04-20 22:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Why does the guide list Ikenga as BiS for head legs for midshot piece now? Malignance is more r.acc - even after ikenga is fully augmented, but Ikenga has way more ranged attack.

And if that is the logic, why not replace all 5 malignance pieces?
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-04-20 22:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't need the extra RACC from Malignance, then more Attack and enmity down is better with Ikenga.

Edit: To be clear Ikenga head/legs have the same STP as Maligance where the other piece do not
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-04-21 17:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
If you don't need the extra RACC from Malignance, then more Attack and enmity down is better with Ikenga.

Edit: To be clear Ikenga head/legs have the same STP as Maligance where the other piece do not

I'm not sure why body isn't recommended since it follows same pattern.

Been doing a decent amount of C farm on corsair, curious how people have been optimizing Random deal/WC. I have been doing crooked sam/NQ chaos on entrance while tank scouts then RD early first pack for people to get cooldowns back. Then when rolls about to wear/SV songs float Crooked, Wildcard, do Crooked Sam crooked Chaos. Then on last set of rolls assuming wont need bolters crooked sam then RD for crooked on chaos.

Obviously deaths can throw this plan to ***. been debating RDing during first rolls because I have suspicion DPS don't pay enough attention to RD to bother using it for them vs extra passive attack.

Id also recommend people hardcore farming shoel C to get a rostamB(although i havent tried my A, it might be okayish) I parse way better when most the packs we kill I'm not forced to mainhand naegl to kill in 2 ws.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-04-21 18:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Dade said: »
I'm not sure why body isn't recommended since it follows same pattern.
Very true, I missed that. I was just guessing not sure if who updated can chime in.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-05-09 22:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

For QD Damage Cape 10AGI or 10 Magic Damage? wondering what is better to use dye for

Edit: Nvm QD damage is not based on AGI
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-05-14 22:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Was there ever talk about Nyame Path B vs relic body for Leaden/WF/Aeolian?
By SimonSes 2021-05-15 01:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
Was there ever talk about Nyame Path B vs relic body for Leaden/WF/Aeolian?

Relic is better. Significantly. Even if you add 150mab from buffs it keeps being better.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-05-15 09:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Good to know, I thought so with all the extra WSD on Hand/legs/head(WF/AE).

Ty
By Veydal1 2021-05-15 13:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Any reason in particular that Relic is significantly better?
By SimonSes 2021-05-15 14:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Veydal1 said: »

It does more damage?
Not sure what you asking exactly :)
You mean why it adds more damage? Because 31MAB and 10AGI beats 10WSD in this set for this WS. Not sure what else I can add.
If you are looking for survivability or potentially closing skillchain with Leaden then NyameB is better for first and maybe better for 2nd too, but probably only if you not already hitting 99k Skillchain and if you have mab buffs.
[+]
By Veydal1 2021-05-15 16:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Veydal1 said: »

It does more damage?
Not sure what you asking exactly :)
You mean why it adds more damage? Because 31MAB and 10AGI beats 10WSD in this set for this WS. Not sure what else I can add.
If you are looking for survivability or potentially closing skillchain with Leaden then NyameB is better for first and maybe better for 2nd too, but probably only if you not already hitting 99k Skillchain and if you have mab buffs.

Great, thanks.
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2021-05-23 19:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello all,

Received a nice augment on Herculean Head (which has 25 Agi & 10 MAB native);
Augment: Macc +20, MAB +34, WSD +1%

This vs Pixie Hairpin +1
Dark Elemental "Magic Atk. Bonus"+28

I understand the "Dark Elemental" makes it greater than +28, but I am not sure how much more so? Any Pro cor advice appreciated, recently started playing cor for Dyna-D.
By loldarkrone 2021-05-23 19:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Otomis said: »
Hello all,

This vs Pixie Hairpin +1

I understand the "Dark Elemental" makes it greater than +28, but I am not sure how much more so? Any Pro cor advice appreciated, recently started playing cor for Dyna-D.

Use pixie, and never look back.
[+]
By kairyu 2021-05-23 19:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

loldarkrone said: »
Hello all,

This vs Pixie Hairpin +1

Use pixie, and never look back.

As far as I'm aware, the reason why pixie is so good is because [Insert element] magic attack bonus is actually as a percentage as opposed to straight MAB. Its definitely an epic boost
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2021-05-23 19:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

kairyu said: »
kairyu
I am seeing that, just having a hard time finding the actual math on it. it is not a factor listed in LS WS sheet or seperated in the Cor DPS sheet. Considering taking both items and doing 100 WS and averaging them out. Still does not answer the math, it just became raw visual data for me to base a decision from. Hoping someone in here is a math guru and can add some clarity. :)
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2021-05-23 19:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello all,

This vs Pixie Hairpin +1

The "Dark Elemental Magic Atk. Bonus" is not "Magic Attack Bonus" but "Elemental Affinity", much like elemental staves, iirc. So it's more like +28% Dark Elemental potency (the elemental staves were 10% I believe)
First Page 2 3 ... 88 89 90 ... 121 122 123