Random Politics & Religion #32

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #32
Random Politics & Religion #32
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 48 49 50
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-03-27 08:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Welcome back Niky.
They wouldn't have lasted 5 minuets in '68.

Yeah and the seventies were no picnic either...

I just don't understand how these kids aren't walking around with the back of their underwear pulled up and over their freshly swirlied heads.

Aren't their any jocks any more!?
These days, underwear is worn correctly but pants are down to about mid-thigh.

Pretty sure that's how men in prison advertised they were open to prostitution so I'm not sure why this is a fad among young straight men but...whatever.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-03-27 08:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

and while it's both fun and easy to fix the blame on guns for school shootings, I wonder which key ingredients are missing now, which once held kids back from doing it thirty years ago... sure we talked about how great it would be to do it... but nobody did it.

morality? fear of consequences? or is it something that was added in? this impotent rage that builds up online until it explodes outwardly.

***... kids carried shotguns to school on the school bus for the trap shooting team and kept then in their lockers... but nobody succumbed to the overwhelming temptation to bust it out and start lighting people up....

/deep thoughts
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-03-27 08:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Welcome back Niky.
They wouldn't have lasted 5 minuets in '68.

Yeah and the seventies were no picnic either...

I just don't understand how these kids aren't walking around with the back of their underwear pulled up and over their freshly swirlied heads.

Aren't their any jocks any more!?
These days, underwear is worn correctly but pants are down to about mid-thigh.

Pretty sure that's how men in prison advertised they were open to prostitution so I'm not sure why this is a fad among young straight men but...whatever.

I was referring to atomic super wedgies... but... thanks for sharing?

[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-03-27 08:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Talk about Feminism and you're a sexist pig.
Correct behaviour: Support feminism blindly, even if it is at the expense of everyone else, including women.

Talk about Transgenders and you're a bigot.
Correct behaviour: Learn new pronouns and make sure you use the right one. Support a transgender female in Mixed Martial arts who batters her non-transgender opponents, fractures their skulls and say nope, biology doesnt exist.
Today's feminism isn't the same feminism that got women the ability to work, vote, and whatnot. Today's feminism seems to more about female supremacy and entitlement than equality.

Not all trans people are like that. I have a trans friend who calls the "72 genders" thing ***.

Some cultures have more than two genders but those are cultural things, not something made up on the whims of an angsty teenager.

I'm actually kinda surprised being non-binary isn't deemed offensive because is appropriates trans people and those cultures who have a third gender.

There I go, further down the hole of madness... You know, I got called alt-right the other day..
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-03-27 08:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

and while it's both fun and easy to fix the blame on guns for school shootings, I wonder which key ingredients are missing now, which once held kids back from doing it thirty years ago... sure we talked about how great it would be to do it... but nobody did it.
No one beats their kid's *** anymore for one.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-03-27 09:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
some of us remember the 80's perfectly
I was not however around for the 60's
Its OK Slore, there is this old boomer saying, "If you can remember the '60s you weren't really there."
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-03-27 09:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

and while it's both fun and easy to fix the blame on guns for school shootings, I wonder which key ingredients are missing now, which once held kids back from doing it thirty years ago....
IDK Niky, all my life, in movies and TV, if someone had a problem they reached for a gun. Good guy, bad guy, Elmer Fudd, made no difference, guns were presented as problem solving tools.

The big differences between the mid century and the early 21st century are the massive increase in inequality, the stagnation of wages, political polarization, and the metastasis of the NRA.

Guns are actually less available today and although many more guns are in circulation, the same percentage of households own guns.

I can't see any factor that would lead to school shootings other than former school shootings.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-03-27 09:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't see any factor that would lead to school shootings other than former school shootings.

the guns have always been here, the punishment for murder hasn't changed, the two columbine kids were left to raise themselves from what I understand....

we have helicopter parents now but they don't notice their kids stockpiling weapons?
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-03-27 09:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Guns aren't meant for that sort of problem solving. Putting food on the table through hunting, that's the kind of problem solving guns are meant for.
Blowing up 3l bottles of that cheap dollar store soda is pretty fun.

Nothing that's $1 for 3l is going to be good for anything aside from destruction.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-03-27 10:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Are parents even raising their own kids nowadays? It seems like everyone I talk to has a nanny. Then again, that could just be the case in the Northeast where both parents often have to work because prices on everything are unnecessarily jacked up to oblivion. It certainly wasn't like that in Utah.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-03-27 11:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

candlejack is the secret lovechild of the mom from what's eating gilbert grape....and lancelot link secret chimp

YouTube Video Placeholder

he smelled too bad to be kept/raised in the zoo... so they just cut him loose.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2018-03-27 11:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Are parents even raising their own kids nowadays? It seems like everyone I talk to has a nanny. Then again, that could just be the case in the Northeast where both parents often have to work because prices on everything are unnecessarily jacked up to oblivion. It certainly wasn't like that in Utah.
If they can afford nannies then they’re making some good money already... most people rely on family or daycare... daycare taps a lot of people too...
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-03-27 12:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

so we got...
didn't get enough smacks growing up
daycare = gun violence
copycats

I can't see

just like your mom foretold in her ancient prophesy
when she warned you that you would go blind if you kept doing that.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2018-03-27 12:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I don’t think smacking your kids is a must to developing a respectful child though I also don’t think a couple shops to the bottom in a constructive way is the end of the world though either...

I also think we all have different thoughts on how to raise kids and go they should turn out so who knows if we could agree at all on anything as some people might consider my parents terrible just because They see me as a liberal lol...

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-03-27 13:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Guns aren't meant for that sort of problem solving. Putting food on the table through hunting, that's the kind of problem solving guns are meant for.
Blowing up 3l bottles of that cheap dollar store soda is pretty fun.

Nothing that's $1 for 3l is going to be good for anything aside from destruction.
Have you tried mixing it with moonshine?
Why ruin the moonshine?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Zerowone 2018-03-27 14:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
If they can afford nannies then they’re making some good money already... most people rely on family or daycare... daycare taps a lot of people too...

I've been wondering, is there any government help for daycare in USA? Here it cost me 30$ a day per kid, but the government gives me back 2/3 of it every month, so it ends up being not too bad.

*** I wish.

30/day is a steal compared to rates in the states.

Being able to recoup 100/week would be nice.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-03-27 14:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »

that's how you wound up needing daycare in the first place....

#raincoat for mister happy < day care
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-03-27 14:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I don’t think smacking your kids is a must to developing a respectful child though I also don’t think a couple shops to the bottom in a constructive way is the end of the world though either...

I also think we all have different thoughts on how to raise kids and go they should turn out so who knows if we could agree at all on anything as some people might consider my parents terrible just because They see me as a liberal lol...

See I disagree with this. Maybe it's because I'm older (early 40's) but when I stepped out of line and got mouthy, dad put the belt to my ***. I hated him for it at the time but I learned that that behavior was not acceptable and you can bet your *** I didxn't do it again.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-03-27 14:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Roseanne is coming back, guys.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-03-27 14:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »

I've been wondering, is there any government help for daycare in USA? Here it cost me 30$ a day per kid, but the government gives me back 2/3 of it every month, so it ends up being not too bad.

The problem here in the states is that they only help real low income with that stuff.

My fiance and I both work and I have 2 kids still at home of my 4. My oldest is married with a baby of her own. It seems like it is better at times and more beneficial to be as poor as you can be but that is mainly because of liberal policies. The less you work the more you get. Now I would never subscribe to this as at the end of the day if you don't appreciate working for something, in my eyes you would not appreciate what you have. People generally take better care of things they earned vs things they were given.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-03-27 14:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

when I stepped out of line and got mouthy, dad put the belt to my ***. I hated him for it at the time but I learned that that behavior was not acceptable and you can bet your *** I didn't do it again.

all it taught me was that there were some things that were worth getting an *** whipping for....

but is that what kept you from shooting up your high school
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-03-27 14:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »

that's how you wound up needing daycare in the first place....

#raincoat for mister happy < day care

Sound advice coming from the cornhole king.
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 48 49 50