Random Politics & Religion #32

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #32
Random Politics & Religion #32
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 48 49 50
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-03-21 09:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I wonder if we'll ever get back to discussing actual topics, or if we should just say screw it and call this the Russia & Unproven Gossip thread.
I often post actual topics Rav.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-03-21 09:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-03-21 09:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually go with the "innocent until proven guilty" mindset, but maybe that's just me being a silly American.

But anyway, now I'm tempted to work the word "cudgel" into conversations today....
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-03-21 09:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
I wonder if we'll ever get back to discussing actual topics, or if we should just say screw it and call this the Russia & Unproven Gossip thread.

I think you used to... but a quick glance at your post history shows mostly Russia and unproven gossip, with bits here and there about Trump's cabinet. There's more to life than that.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-03-21 10:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you used to... but a quick glance at your post history shows mostly Russia and unproven gossip, with bits here and there about Trump's cabinet. There's more to life than that.
Yes there is. Like video games and Sci-Fi conventions to name but two.

But this IS the politics and religion forum.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-03-21 10:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

More like the beating a dead horse forum. Is there really nothing else to talk about?
[+]
By fonewear 2018-03-21 10:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe you care about politics and religion but I don't. You want me to care because you care ? That is selfish !
By fonewear 2018-03-21 10:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't do Trump with someone else's pussy.

Or a ten foot pole.

/gag

I could you what I really think of you but the mod bot would probably delete. So use your imagination.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-03-21 10:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
This is what politics is now. When you bat everything away with a "facts I don't like" cudgel everything becomes unproven gossip. That would be Trump's fault.

Also, I just really, really wanted to use the word cudgel.

Oh yea before Trump CNN ABC were beacons of journalism shining a light into the darkness of facts I don't like.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-03-21 10:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You post things to reinforce what you already believe. Just like 99.9% of the forum. Posting some link to a questionable news stories doesn't tell me anything about you. You can't tell me what you actually believe cause you don't know do you junior !
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-03-21 12:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

You post things to reinforce what you already believe. Just like 99.9% of the forum. Posting some link to a questionable news stories doesn't tell me anything about you. You can't tell me what you actually believe cause you don't know do you junior !

Not me! I only post the Truth.

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Blazed1979 2018-03-21 13:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

@Chanti - I know cambridge analytica broke the law and did a lot of unethical things. My point is the points the mainstream news media are focusing, are NOT the unethical parts of the story. They're focusing on programatic media buying, psychographics, Pap per click campaigns, re-targeting, CRM etc... all staples of modern day marketing. They're contextualizing these common practices like they are shaddy espionage/propaganda/black-ops psych war black voodoo magic. They add some dramatic music edited over some protesters and the voice over of some british elegant speaking mofo saying something like "and they did it all while you were helpless to do anything" in haunting tone of voice...Now that is *** propoganda and psychological warfare. The pot is calling the kettle black.

The *** field of public relations first because a profession as a result of Edward Bernaise, Philip Morris and Edelman.
Edward Bernaise was Sigmund Freud's nephew and his strategy and tactics were literally psychological and social engineering of the masses. At least with Digital marketing, you can opt out and the search engines and algorithms make note of that and tune that ***out of your life. With mass media, they don't give a ***. They're going to drown the airwaves with the ***they want to.

I see this all as a big clash of old and new. The outdated mainstream media are too stupid to understand any of this.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2018-03-21 13:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Man I hate it when you post something in a hurry, then reread it and out it sounds like spaghettios.

I've become too dependant on my secretary.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-03-21 14:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
@Chanti - I know cambridge analytica broke the law and did a lot of unethical things. My point is the points the mainstream news media are focusing, are NOT the unethical parts of the story. They're focusing on programatic media buying, psychographics, Pap per click campaigns, re-targeting, CRM etc... all staples of modern day marketing. They're contextualizing these common practices like they are shaddy espionage/propaganda/black-ops psych war black voodoo magic. They add some dramatic music edited over some protesters and the voice over of some british elegant speaking mofo saying something like "and they did it all while you were helpless to do anything" in haunting tone of voice...Now that is *** propoganda and psychological warfare. The pot is calling the kettle black.

The *** field of public relations first because a profession as a result of Edward Bernaise, Philip Morris and Edelman.
Edward Bernaise was Sigmund Freud's nephew and his strategy and tactics were literally psychological and social engineering of the masses. At least with Digital marketing, you can opt out and the search engines and algorithms make note of that and tune that ***out of your life. With mass media, they don't give a ***. They're going to drown the airwaves with the ***they want to.

I see this all as a big clash of old and new. The outdated mainstream media are too stupid to understand any of this.

I'm just trying to figure out why it wasn't a big deal back when the same tactics were being used to serve Obama's 2012 campaign (on a larger scale, no less). I mean, okay, I actually know why, but the hypocrisy is alarming.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2018-03-21 14:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just trying to figure out why it wasn't a big deal back when the same tactics were being used to serve Obama's 2012 campaign (on a larger scale, no less). I mean, okay, I actually know why, but the hypocrisy is alarming.
Would you agree it wasn't just with Obama, and not even limited to presidential elections?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-03-21 15:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Would you agree it wasn't just with Obama, and not even limited to presidential elections?

Yes I would. Honestly, the outrage is better late than never. It's just stupid that it takes the hint of Trump being involved before people actually start to care.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-03-21 16:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That's why I linked that particular article Blazed, it had to do with the illegal and unethical.

And yes, most of the articles about CA talk about the stuff that has become common and widespread in this 21st century.
By Zerowone 2018-03-21 18:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

http://abcnews.go.com/US/exclusive-fired-fbi-official-authorized-criminal-probe-sessions/story?id=53914006

Sessions fired McCabe when there was an active criminal probe on him... wonder if he knew beforehand.

Just keeps getting more interesting on the daily.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Zerowone 2018-03-21 18:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

*closed probe.

Seems like a White House leak.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2018-03-21 18:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Here's one for a White House leak: Trump was instructed, in all-caps no less, to NOT CALL VLADIMIR PUTIN. What'd he do? What he was clearly instructed not to do.
And? First of all no one instructs POTUS as that person makes the final decisions... advisors and the like make suggestions and in this case he chose to ignore it... it definitely doesn’t lend well to optics atm for him but it’s not illegal and he can do it if he wants to regardless of whether or not I understand why he even wants to...
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-03-21 19:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember that time Obama called to congratulate Putin on an election win? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-03-21 20:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Deep article about Cambridge Analytica. Again, not stuff the news goes into.

Cambridge Analytica's Psy-Ops Warriors

Behind Trump's stolen Facebook data lurks a team of spooks and right-wing generals

Rolling Stone
By Viciouss 2018-03-21 20:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it looks like Congress has agreed to a 2200 page 6 month spending deal, with two days to read it and pass it before the gov't shuts down again. As if it wasn't already obvious, Trump's stupid border wall is never gonna get any funding.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2018-03-21 20:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Here's one for a White House leak: Trump was instructed, in all-caps no less, to NOT CALL VLADIMIR PUTIN. What'd he do? What he was clearly instructed not to do.
And? First of all no one instructs POTUS as that person makes the final decisions... advisors and the like make suggestions and in this case he chose to ignore it... it definitely doesn’t lend well to optics atm for him but it’s not illegal and he can do it if he wants to regardless of whether or not I understand why he even wants to...
Here's the problems. Firstly, Putin has been known to engage in domestic terrorism to win elections. He's done so the past four Russian presidential elections. He's known to engage in murdering political opponents. For Dump to call and congratulate him for being a terrorist should speak volumes against Dump's own credibility and his fitfulness to be in office. That's not even getting in to the fact he's currently under investigation for colluding with Putin's terrorist regime.
personally I just figured the call was a big *** you to all the trump haters from trump lol...

I hear all kinds of things about Russian elections from Putin silencing his opponents to people actually just liking him there or at least the status quo he provides... it really my place to comment on their elections or process... that is one of the few things I’ve agreed with coming out of the wh press secretary when she commented on those elections being theirs and none of our business... if only we felt that way about all elections lol...

In any case if you’re going to make an argument for something don’t half *** it by claiming something like he didn’t do what he was told to now it’s all about Russia being a bad guy so he shouldn’t be talking to him...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2018-03-21 20:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Well it looks like Congress has agreed to a 2200 page 6 month spending deal, with two days to read it and pass it before the gov't shuts down again. As if it wasn't already obvious, Trump's stupid border wall is never gonna get any funding.
Shogun is thicker than that, and it takes me, a prodigious reader, anywhere between two weeks to a month and a half to read that cover to cover. Congress, staffed by brain-dead republicans, doesn't stand a chance.
What?
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-03-21 20:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Putin banned his main opponent from running against him, rigged the ballot boxes, and killed reporters that said bad things about him. The guy is a despot, a real villain, the POTUS should never congratulate Putin on anything. It seems like leaking the phone call is the only way to get Trump's attention, its that limited.
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 48 49 50