First Page 2 3 ... 207 208 209 ... 423 424 425
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-06-03 13:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
but way easier to get there cause dmg enmity is nuts on lvl 99 mobs.

Easy example is on Hidhaegg UNM. One WS from a heavy DD and the Tank literally cannot take hate back for the entire fight. I saw a SAM get Terrored immediately after a high dmg fudo, and basically did nothing for an entire two minutes (lost his buffs from Roar, Terror another 1-2 times), and I was not able to pull it back off with RUN after using every JA minus SPs, Flash, and Foil on timer. Which makes bringing a tank to anything Lv.99 worthless.
Yep. That's what happens. I just wanted to clarify that the reason for it was different from what Sechs was suggesting.
[+]
By Manque 2021-06-04 03:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fujito posted in JPN on the official forums.
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/30078-%E3%83%95%E3%82%B8%E3%83%88%E3%81%AE%E3%81%B2%E3%81%A8%E3%82%8A%E3%81%94%E3%81%A8%E3%80%82/page96

Lazy translation:

"
Good afternoon.

19th anni is done and now onto the 20th. Want to add some of my own opinions here.

I want to give a simple summary of what will be done, how we will do things moving forward. However, please think of this as a simple list of plans as there are plenty of things we can't promise clear timing for.

The FFXI team has the follow 3 focus items for 2021:
1. Voracious Resurgence
2. Adjustments that will impact all jobs
3. Storage System Adjustment

1. Voracious Resurgence
Next story will finally reach Aht Urghan. Who will the spotlight fall on next? How is the BLU related?

We are planning for at least another year plus of this quest series so if you have not caught up yet, please take your time and enjoy.

2. Job Adjustments
These will be different from any job adjustments done up until now. We are aiming to 'release the shackles' [translator's note: the nuance implied is to 'unchain', 'release from...'] with the changes!

This won't be a simple adjusting of individual abilities or attributes in order... Of course, we can't say there won't be individual ability adjustments as we will do that as required. The job adjustments done most recently were aimed to bring things into line with our planned changes.

3. Storage
We are testing increasing bag sizes. I have said in the past that we cannot expand past wardrobes 3/4, but I suppose that was dishonest. Some will always say, 'if you can do it! just do it!' but please understand we're balancing a lot of risks. It might not turn into the situation everyone is expecting. Particularly, load times will never get faster than they are now.

The FFXI dev team is trying hard~!

What about next year? Let me list some keywords:
- Empyrean equip.
- Contents related to Voracious Resurgence [translator's note: when they use 'contents' it usually means actual content/events, not battles as part of quests, etc.]
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-06-04 03:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

No EMpy til 2022 is a lil sad but I like the sound of "breaking the chains" for job adjustments.

MBGA!
By Draylo 2021-06-04 03:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ultima for BLM, Bahamut and Phoenix for SMN, We need some more ultimate spells.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-04 07:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fujito said:
that was dishonest
The understatement of the millennium.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2021-06-04 08:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fujito said:
Particularly, load times will never get faster than they are now.
:( I'll go cry now.
 Sylph.Cossack
Server: Sylph
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2021-06-04 08:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

#trashthewall
[+]
By Aoibhe 2021-06-04 08:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas said: »
Fujito said:
Particularly, load times will never get faster than they are now.
:( I'll go cry now.

I guess what he meant to say was "No one is willing to pay for the the development cost of this" - because they could fix it, otherwise every other game in the world would suffer the same issues. The fact is that they don't consider it worth the money.
[+]
 Asura.Bladework
user: Bladework
By Asura.Bladework 2021-06-04 09:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Feels like they’re gonna give us level 99 subjobs and call it good since we can’t use them in Odyssey boss fights anyways.
By Pantafernando 2021-06-04 09:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, doesnt that Silver Gin ressemble the Irvine last shotgun, Exeter?

The name is garbage for that homage though
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-06-04 09:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't just resemble it- it's the same model. We can probably expect cosmetic versions of the other bonanza weapons that didn't previously have login point counterparts.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-06-04 11:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
It doesn't just resemble it- it's the same model. We can probably expect cosmetic versions of the other bonanza weapons that didn't previously have login point counterparts.

Yup, this seemed fairly obvious from the first time we saw these Bonanza weapons and many of them were the same models as previous cosmetic/login point weapons. Would have been kinda weird to go to the effort of creating new weapon models, use SOME of them, but then not take advantage of the extremely 'low effort required' use of repurposing the rest as login point rewards. Hope they get to the katana sooner rather than later!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-04 14:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fujito said: »
How is the BLU related?

Matsui said: »
Next up is The Voracious Resurgence. The stage now switched to Aht Urhgan, with the storied Naja Salaheem making an appearance. Do you remember Salaheem’s Sentinels official song?

We’ve also got a great reward for those completing this step of the story, so make sure to get your hands on it

BLU trust?
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2021-06-04 16:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

waiting around for the climax of the story is giving BLU balls
[+]
 Sylph.Cossack
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2021-06-05 03:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I still think they should make abyssea pvp.
[+]
By joemamma 2021-06-05 11:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cossack said: »
I still think they should make abyssea pvp.

Abyssea and anyone that is AFK in Jeuno is fair game.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-05 11:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Hope they get to the katana sooner rather than later!

Nope. We need a 73rd lockstyle dagger.
By joemamma 2021-06-05 14:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we get a level one frying pan that the goblins use in dynamis ? If we are asking for weapons...
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-11 07:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Voltenyne;636491 said:
Hello adventurers! This is Voltenyne from the Community team.

Director Fujito recently posted a comment listing some of the Development team’s goals for the future, so I’d like to share a translation of his comment with you.

Greetings! Director Fujito here.

Having celebrated our nineteenth anniversary on May 16, we are now less than a year away from the 20th anniversary.
I wanted to personally inform you of developments leading up to next year, and so here I am typing away at my keyboard.

Here’s a basic summary of what we will be doing from here on out.
However, we’re unable to promise a specific timeframe for many of these plans, so please consider it a simple list of goals for myself.

The FFXI team is currently developing the following three features as our primary goals for the 2021 fiscal year.

• The Voracious Resurgence
• Job-related System
• Storage System Revamp

■ The Voracious Resurgence
Aht Urhgan sets the stage of the story in the June 2021 version update.
Who will be featured this time? What is the story relevance of the blue mage mentioned in the news announcement?
As usual, I’m quite sure the story won’t betray your expectations.

We’re planning to continue the scenario for at least another year, so if you haven’t caught up, you should be able to progress through the story at your own pace.

■ Job-related System
In contrast with previous job adjustments where we rotated through individual jobs and made changes to their abilities and traits, this new system could be summed up as “removing shackles.”
Of course, this isn’t meant to completely replace job adjustments, and individual adjustments will still be made as necessary, similar to how certain jobs were changed to bring them up to standard in preparation for this new system.
Our current balancing adjustments are based on the state of the jobs after they have progressed through this new system.

■ Storage System Revamp
This has been in the works for a very long time, but we are looking into increasing inventory space.
Ever since Mog Wardrobes 3 and 4 were added, we’ve repeatedly replied that adding more inventory space wasn’t possible, so this goal may seem like a contradiction, and you might be frustrated with us and wondering why we haven’t implemented it already.
However, this method comes with a risk to gameplay and I would like to warn you that it most likely won’t be a catch-all solution.
Loading times, the aspect with the largest effects on gameplay, cannot be improved beyond their current speeds, so we'll try and tackle it from a different angle.

What I’ve mentioned so far is what we’re hoping to achieve by the end of this fiscal year.
Each of these goals are rather resource-intensive, but we’ll be tackling them with everything we have.

So what then, do we have planned for next year? I can’t go into detail, but here are some keywords.

• Empyrean Armor
• The Voracious Resurgence-related Content

These goals were decided two years ago, and we’ll be working to implement them.

Now that I’ve listed the major features of our plans, many of you may be wondering what we have in store beyond the 20th anniversary.
However, this forum post isn’t the place for a topic of such importance, so Producer Matsui will bring it up at an appropriate timing.

That’s it from me for today.
The world may still be in the midst of battling COVID-19, but I hope that all of you will remain in good health.

The finally released english translation of that same post.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-06-11 08:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly... if they could break up Mog Wardrobes' loading time from the rest of the inventories (which admittedly cut some people's load times by a decent chunk), why not break it up further:

one loading icon for inaccessibles like Safe, Safe 2, Storage, & Locker;

one loading icon for the accessibles like Personal, Sack, Satchel, & Case;

and leave the third specifically for Wardrobes.

Personally, I've gotten my load times upon zoning down to 10~12 seconds depending on which character I'm playing on my account. I could totally see this bringing it down to 4~6 seconds (at least in my case).
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-06-11 09:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

hoping for some stop-gap content yet this year that is not listed here between now and empyrean/voracious.

2022 looks pretty solid though
 Sylph.Herbs
user: JoeRogan
By Sylph.Herbs 2021-06-11 13:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's infuriating to me that they refuse to update the casual content, they don't have to make all new casual content as they used to with expansions but just update the stuff we have.

They are turning ffxi into wow with too much reliance on the endgame content grinds. Sometimes you just wanna login and fish, or decorate your mog house, craft, raise pets, fight monsters against each other, level your adventuring fellow, chocobo breeding, make chocobo racing worth doing etc

They haven't updated any of these things forever.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-14 06:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

There's an E-maint.

Can't really think of any specific reason. I guess the gaol dots?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-06-14 06:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

hopefully fixing the broken RoE rocks
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2021-06-14 07:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I've also seen some Japanese text come up in "say" regardless of zone (alts saw it in mog house) which made me think it's maybe related to the VR KI from the latest mission. Might also be something they need to fix for the English client.
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-06-14 09:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
hopefully fixing the broken RoE rocks

What's this about?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-14 10:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The new roe reward is doing lair reives gives yggret for delves.

But they're like phantom rocks, they exist and don't exist. Not really sure how they managed to *** it up like that.
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-06-14 10:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
The new roe reward is doing lair reives gives yggret for delves.

But they're like phantom rocks, they exist and don't exist. Not really sure how they managed to *** it up like that.

OooOOoo spoooky.

Yeah, that's special. Maybe they meant to change them to stackable?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-06-14 11:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cant stack them, theyre rare
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-15 07:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Turns out it was both.
Quote:
- Certain items, listed below, that were awarded from Records of Eminence could not be sold to NPCs, put onto the Market Board, sent in the Delivery Box, or traded.

Celadon Yggrete/Zaffre Yggrete/Alizarin Yggrete/Phlox Yggrete/Russet Yggrete/Aster Yggrete

*Any applicable items that were gained before the fix in your inventory will still be affected by the issue even after the fix. Please dispose of them from your inventory.

- An issue where Status Ailments gained after being downed under certain conditions would not be dispelled in “Sheol: Gaol” from the battle content “Odyssey.”
First Page 2 3 ... 207 208 209 ... 423 424 425