You In Uk And Have Sky. Need Advice ((any One Is Welcome )) VS Virgin

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » You in uk and have sky. need advice ((any one is welcome )) VS virgin
You in uk and have sky. need advice ((any one is welcome )) VS virgin
First Page 2
 Ragnarok.Darkdevil
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Darkdevil
By Ragnarok.Darkdevil 2009-09-12 01:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

hi everyone and thanks for your times to look and help poor man
am confused which package will be good for me
i dont know about the payment I read what they wrote in website still am scared that I`ll regret in future why not chose another package

and I need info about the broadband am now in friend house ( he in vacation now >< forget to ask him ) download speed almost 960kb , is there better fast download.
I talk to much , but here what I want
1- great download speed with unlimited
2-movies and sport (( Spain league + .Uefa champion's ))

last things do you recommend Virgin

and please don`t ask me go to website, if you don`t want to write ignore this thread let other people help

thanks for your patience
[+]
 Shiva.Xellith
Server: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2009-09-12 01:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Id put an actual response if I could be bothered to try and translate your bad English.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Drekien
Server: Lakshmi
user: Drekien
By Lakshmi.Drekien 2009-09-12 02:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

what.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Server: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-09-12 02:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess he wants to know which Internet/TV provider in the UK is offering the best speed (unlimited dl/up) / TV (with movie and sports channel showing football game from Spain and UEFA champion league) combo for the best price.

Sky or Virgin or another?

Gl!
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Yorifik
Server: Gilgamesh
user: yorifik
By Gilgamesh.Yorifik 2009-09-12 03:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I would recommend Virgin as a product. Their broadband is the fastest you can get in the UK, 50mb is the fastest i think. The TV packages are good too, about the same price as SKY. However, if anything goes wrong with any of your services, their customer service line is apalling. Takes forever to talk to someone and they usually mess up what you have asked them to do.
 Bahamut.Maswan
Server: Bahamut
user: Maswan
By Bahamut.Maswan 2009-09-12 04:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want faster internet, go for virgin's fibre optic up to 50meg net, its currently the fastest in the whole of the uk.
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2009-09-12 05:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Definately go with virgin if you can get cable in your area. I used to work for sky broadband, and it's not worth the trouble with it. It's cheap, but a really bad service, with next to no technical support. If your connection goes down you can expect it to be down for weeks. I'm on virgin atm on 50Mb connection, free evening and weekend calls and basic tv package for £30/month.
 Ragnarok.Darkdevil
By Ragnarok.Darkdevil 2009-09-12 05:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Xellith
thanks for your time

Drekien
yeah XD

Liquidz
you`r the man

Yorifik
((if anything goes wrong with any of your services, their customer service line is apalling. Takes forever to talk to someone and they usually mess up what you have asked them to do.))

do you mean both company have bad service ...
=========================
Maswan+ Yorifik
thanks for advice

=========================
what can you tell me about this bundle (( sorry they call it sometime Package ))

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/bundles/triple-builder.html
am thinking take Broadband + TV+phone <<< Size XL
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-09-12 05:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to have Sky TV and Virgin interwebs. Now I just have one of the Virgin packages.

If you like sports, then I'd look at the Size L TV Package for sure. Maybe XL if you want all the channels (good for the people that watch a lot of TV!).

If you're a bit of a Net-head, you'll want XXL Broadband package, it's hard to beat 50MB broadband if you can make use of the high speed internet, otherwise, stick with the L or XL.

If you like to talk on the phone a lot, the XL deal on their phone service would also be a wise choice, unless you do all your talking at the evening or weekend! (If you do most of your chatting at the weekend, stick with the M deal. If you do most of your talking in the evening, get the L deal!)

Assuming you want a good connection, a good variety of TV channels and unlimited Evening and Weekend calls.. It would cost, £33.45 a month,(subject to a 12 month contract), when you take a Virgin phone line for £11 a month.

(If I understood that right, you'll page an extra £11 a month for having a Virgin Phone Line, so be prepared to pay £44.45)
 Sylph.Durzo
By Sylph.Durzo 2009-09-12 07:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

i am with virgin and pay for unlimited, but its not unlimited lol....although its a pain to have 2 diffrent providers... go with beunlimited if they can supply it in your area, their cheep and one of the only few who dont cap peoples dl speeds. a wicked provider for any hardcore gamers, or bigtime dlers.

Edit: oh and their box package is ok...1 thing i dont like about virgin is the menu lags for some reason... lol >>;
 Ragnarok.Darkdevil
By Ragnarok.Darkdevil 2009-09-12 07:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

what is your speed hite?

for me am not person like to talk a lot on phone

will am really interested in 50 MB because i like download move HD
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-09-12 08:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Gah, I misread the prices >< Won't get sports (Only 1 sports news channel) with the L TV package ><; Would need XL to get all of them.

Cant remember what speed I'm on to be honest. I've been with them since they had the 4MB package, and I just keep being given free upgrades (it's awesome like that >_>) So I'm either 20MB or 50MB.

But yeah, the menu on the TV lags sometimes, though it could be my remote >_>;

If you don't talk on the phone a lot, and want a super fast interwebs, then maybe consider:

Broadband: XXL
TV: XL
Phone: M

This would be: £49.50/month (+£11 line rental, bringing the total to £60.50).

If you were happy to use 20MB Broadband, at least until you decide whether it's suitable for your requirements, then the price would be £41.50 (+£11, for a total of £52.50).

Or, if you have the patience to "wait" a little longer for your movies and websites, the L package lowers the price to £35 (+£11) and you get 2 months free! So you'd only pay for 10 months of the 12 you're contracted to.

Over the length of 1 year (12 months), with this package you should pay a total of: £460. (£46/month, across 10 months, with 2 free months added on)

Alternatively, there is a "Sky sports pack" option, that allows you to have Sky Sports channels. With the "basic" variations of everything, you would have:

Broadband: 10MB (L)
TV: 65 Channels (M)
Phone: Unlimited Weekend Calls (M)
Extras: Sky Sports

This would cost a total of £24/month (+£11) for 2 months, then £44/month (+£11) for the remaining 10 months. Unless you want ESPN and Liverpool FC channel(s), then getting the smallest TV package and adding Sky Sports may be the best option.

Over the length of 1 year (12 months), with this package you should pay a total of: £488.

Hope this helps a little, sorry for rambling XD

EDIT:
Broadband: 20MB (XL)
Monthly Price: £49.50 +£11
Annual Price: £726.00

Broadband: 50MB (XXL)
Monthly Price: £57.50 +£11
Annual Price: £822.00
[+]
 Caitsith.Lerond
Server: Caitsith
user: Lerond
By Caitsith.Lerond 2009-09-12 12:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Im with Talktalk cheaper than BT like £6.50 per month for the broadband part had it for around 6 months now no problems to report, you also get free evening and weekend calls with them when you get your calls from them, for line rental calls and broadband my bill is £25 per month. Download speed is something like 2M but you can pay like £1 extra a month and get faster but i find it fine. As for the 50M virgin offers i dont think the lines leading up to every home in Britain can handle 50M so check before you go for that one.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-09-12 12:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glad you guys understand him.

I mean, the guy is from the UK, and, correct me if I'm wrong, isn't the primary and only language from the UK English?

Or is this stupid brittish talk that only brits can understand?
 Caitsith.Lerond
Server: Caitsith
user: Lerond
By Caitsith.Lerond 2009-09-12 12:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems to be European living in Britain possibly Spanish as he posted he wants to see the Spanish league.
 Ragnarok.Darkdevil
By Ragnarok.Darkdevil 2009-09-12 21:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

am sorry to disappoint you Korpg+lerond

am not from Europe or UK

that is why my English is suck HQ

i can understand what you guys writing . but for me am nooob when i try to write sentences ^^

am really appreciate your helping me ^^ thanks again
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-09-12 21:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Blimey! Well you're just all pete tong abaaaht i' Korpg!
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-12 21:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I still ain't bovvered, tho. That's as far as I go!
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-09-12 22:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Aaroca said:

English please.

I don't speak.....that.
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2009-09-13 00:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg yer avin a bubble bath! ya petrol tanks..
 Pandemonium.Rida
Server: Pandemonium
user: Yoichi
By Pandemonium.Rida 2009-09-13 03:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

For TV Sky is better
For Broadband Virgin is better

Although 960kb Download is laughable I would have though any ISP would be better than that. Im currently Virgin XL Broadband and pushing 24Mb Download and 19.5 Mb in peak time. You can prolly get faster I set mine up nearly a year ago and they tend to do upgraded packages but save them for new customers. Unless you get nasty with them and threaten to change to sky Broadband lol.
 Asura.Xed
user:
By Asura.Xed 2009-09-13 06:49:38
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Aaroca said:

English please.

I don't speak.....that.

Lawl.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-09-13 09:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I would have said that I don't speak ***, but that would have been rude.
 Seraph.Darkvision
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-09-13 12:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkdevil said:

1- great download speed with unlimited

Go with Virgin media since thier fair usage limit is really high, i have donloaded over 900Gb this month and still no restrictions

Darkdevil said:

and I need info about the broadband am now in friend house ( he in vacation now >< forget to ask him ) download speed almost 960kb

Sounds like a 10mb line and prob with virgin anyways. i was on Virgin's 20mb not anymore got the 50meg now and i get 4.8mb/s actual download speed on average can drop to 3.5mb/s at peek times.

on a 10 meg line you can down load a film in about 30 mins, 20 meg line in about 20 mins, 50 meg line in 7.5 mins average, on my 100 meg line it takes just a lil under 4 mins.

Also i have a 2nd line that is 100mb but is expencive (£190 a month) and i dont pay for it, its though girlfriends company

Rida said:
Although 960kb Download is laughable

i am sure he was talking about ACTUAL speed like 960kb/s while downloading something whitch would mean his connection is running at 93.75% which is normal for a 10 connection line
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-09-16 12:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It's actually called Cockney.

If you were english you would understand.
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Server: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-09-16 12:42:50
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg is all pete tong. Everyday in these forums. He'll just never accept the fact.

Korpg gonna take a bubble bath in a gas tank if he keeps talking smack.

Taking bids for who gets to light the match?

HAHAHAHAHAHAH
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Slamm
user: Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-10-16 15:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

your connection speed here with sky depends on the BT line which is usually ***.

was a survey recently and virgin broadband owned all the competitors in speed + service.

i have sky (because they stopped putting cable 2 doors down from me ><) and its alright at best, the tv is good but the internet is meh.

go with virgin
 Carbuncle.Cianti
Server: Carbuncle
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-10-16 17:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm with Virgin media and I've had soo many lag issues recently (when on FFXI)
 Sylph.Taruzard
user: Taruzard
By Sylph.Taruzard 2009-10-16 17:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Slamm said:
your connection speed here with sky depends on the BT line which is usually ***.

was a survey recently and virgin broadband owned all the competitors in speed + service.

i have sky (because they stopped putting cable 2 doors down from me ><) and its alright at best, the tv is good but the internet is meh.

go with virgin

We have sky tv and internet too
Do you ever get your router randomly turning the internet off for like 5 mins?
I get it like 10 times a day usually during party time, or when I have a mule setup for selling my vastly overused spaces of inventory ; ;
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-10-16 17:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I have sky access. Want to kill a god? <3
First Page 2