Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-05 23:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Marylyn said:
User submitted image

This is the ss of my Sch nuking that i said i'd post. No food used, obi & weather(stormsurge is capped however thunderstorm gives +7 DEX), & was not a crit proc.

next time take SS so we can actually see that stuff.
Vincevalentine said:
Anyone got a pic of their BLM nuking Thunder IV higher on those same mobs? If not, thread OVER.

Even though it was over due to the OP levelling SCH, but that's besides the point. (I'm a BLM, and I'm going to be taking up SCH next.)

Ask and you shall receive once I get on it be a few hours Im busy
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-09-05 23:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Marylyn said:
User submitted image

This is the ss of my Sch nuking that i said i'd post. No food used, obi & weather(stormsurge is capped however thunderstorm gives +7 DEX), & was not a crit proc.

This is an old one (and what do you know, its even on this thread) and this only included Day only bonuses, and is not a crit (because I don't use Wise Strap).

User submitted image

Mind you, this was before I got my Ixion Cape. I think this includes Sorc Ring though. No weather effect either. No burn or anything to skew the numbers in my favor.

Edit: Like I said, my gear has changed. I might have to go back and kill some more for updated damage. Might even have a BLM burn on puddings so I can go as BLM/SCH and be near the same situations as SCHs are.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-09-05 23:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Karusan said:
Korpg said:
So, give me proof on here that SCH > BLM in all aspects

That's the point, it's not. Neither is BLM. If you're not going to shut up until someone says BLM is better than SCH is all situations then you're going to be here for a very long time.

If not then be happy, you're right, stop pissing into the wind.

What I don't understand is, why doesn't BLM sub SCH more often?

Dynamis: Sleepga the mobs, nuke the stones. You should NOT be getting hate from ANYTHING and if you are getting killed without SS, then you (and your LS) are doing it wrong.

Einherjar: I will see a reason why Stoneskin saves. However, 1 "Sleeper" party made up of 5x BLM/SCH and 1 SCH/RDM will make sure this becomes null.

Sky: If you are getting hate, you are either A) nuking too early at the start of the mob's life, or B) have no idea about hate control. Mind you, with the exception of 1 monster in sky, if you are taking hits, its your tanks fault. That one mob that is not your tank's fault? Genbu. Thats right, the noob. If you are NOT tanking as a BLM, then you are doing it wrong. Stop leveling BLM and start leveling WHM.

Sea: With the exception of Aerns for the NM pops, if you are taking hate, you (and your tank) are doing it wrong. Aerns just love to take full damage and turn their beady little heads at you after you nuked for 2k damage.

HNMs: Now this is the one area where I don't have that much experience from, but as far as I know, only Faffy is BLM used for damage. Others are usually TP burned or BLMs are used for Stun (i.e. Cerby). But again, if you are taking hate, you (and your tank) are doing it wrong.

With the exception of Einherjar, there should be no reason why a BLM/SCH can't be a choice in jobs for that event. Even with Einherjar, all it takes is planning.
 Odin.Karusan
Server: Odin
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-09-05 23:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't ask me, which is what I think you're implying by quoting me, I don't have BLM leveled. Use what works for you, don't wait for Kaeko to make an LJ post about it.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-09-05 23:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaeko is the best soloist out there.

Too bad party situations require different types of thinking.

Edit: Found out what you meant. I wasn't asking you personally, just the community in general.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-09-05 23:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The major debate here is Damage over time. If BLM subs SCH, then that debate would be blown in the wind.

So, why don't BLMs sub SCH more often? I have given reasons why they should level SCH.

Now, on mobs with heavy AoE damage, wtf are you doing so close to the mob itself?

If you are near a NIN mob, thats when you stun it at 30% or lower.

Don't say your LS can't kill a mob from 30% to dead within the 1 second it takes to do so. My stuns rarely go under 2.9 seconds per stun, so that gives you pleanty of time to take a mob from 30% to 0% before another BLM has to stun it. And it won't blow up until AFTER it casts a Ninjitsu spell, meaning you have an extra 2.5 seconds after it casts Uts Ni before it blows up. Thats 5.4 seconds from 30% to dead..

Faffy, you might have to SS alot, but then again, if you can't drain/cure yourself in between SCs, then you are doing it wrong.
 Valefor.Marylyn
Server: Valefor
user: Marylyn
By Valefor.Marylyn 2009-09-06 00:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Imo, Stoneskin is too useful a tool to give up in most situations. Yeah if blms play perfectly w/ hate, and tanks are great at keeping it, no stuns are missed, and everyone stays out of range 100% of the time its not a prob. Chances of that happening are slim and blms are squishy :P So blms either get 1 shot or become sponges. Just my take on Stoneskin~
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-06 00:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Marylyn said:
Imo, Stoneskin is too useful a tool to give up in most situations. Yeah if blms play perfectly w/ hate, and tanks are great at keeping it, no stuns are missed, and everyone stays out of range 100% of the time its not a prob. Chances of that happening are slim and blms are squishy :P So blms either get 1 shot or become sponges. Just my take on Stoneskin~

This is why you only do it with good tanks and as a smart blm. Really thought you give a pair of nin/drks a couple of min to establish hate and its your own damn fault if you take hate. Or tanks died/hate reset. Staying out of range is easy on alot of HNMs. And with a couple of exceptions is still not that hard on the others. I /sch pretty much anytime I got a real tank except namis
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-06 00:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Marylyn said:
User submitted image

This is an old one (and what do you know, its even on this thread) and this only included Day only bonuses, and is not a crit (because I don't use Wise Strap).

User submitted image

Mind you, this was before I got my Ixion Cape. I think this includes Sorc Ring though. No weather effect either. No burn or anything to skew the numbers in my favor.

Edit: Like I said, my gear has changed. I might have to go back and kill some more for updated damage. Might even have a BLM burn on puddings so I can go as BLM/SCH and be near the same situations as SCHs are.

2340 was with S.ring for sure. Day of the week bonus also. Or you'd never go that high.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-09-06 00:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

There has been many times in anything that I get the following messages.

Korpg's Stoneskin wears off.
Korpg's Blink wears off.

And I'm like, wtf, why did I use the 28 mp (and whatever mp Blink costs) for? I could have used a pointless drain during that time.

I put up SS, I nuke, I kite, I don't die or even get hit. Thats how I roll.

Yes, I do get hate. Does that stop me from not getting hit? Hell, there has been MANY times where I nuke a Sleeping MNK in dynamis, wake it up with a nice little 1.5k Burst II, which at that time the tank has already voked AND flashed, and people are killing it, so its HP is already down to 40%, and it just 2hr'd. What to do, I'm a squishy BLM here. Stun. The mob's HP is already at 25% after stun goes off, and it hasn't even BEGUN to hit me yet. If Stun wears off, I'm already too far away for it to attack me, and its HP is less than 5% left, which is about to go down to 0% cause some SAM with an epeen wants to save his Tachi Gekko just for the kill shot.

Which I usually take cause I'm not stupid to start nuking a mob at 100% and before the tank even voked. Only reason why I would do that is to die to it, like nuking a RNG at the start just to get that nice, little EES that wiffs 50% of the time, 30% I'm left with >20% HP left and the other 20% it actually oneshots me. Usually when I'm oneshotted its cause I didn't have SS up when I nuked, but everyone has a hoot at my death number 7 for the run cause I take hate away from the tank too easy.

Long story short, BLMs allow themselves to die. So, we also allow ourselves to live.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-09-06 00:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Korpg said:
Marylyn said:
User submitted image

User submitted image

2340 was with S.ring for sure. Day of the week bonus also. Or you'd never go that high.

Has to be, cause I have relic panties and thunder/ice obis. I'm sure these numbers does not account for my 5 INT merits either, so I really should update this.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-06 00:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh like I've stated theres lots of gear I need but this should be close enough.
User submitted image
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-06 01:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Situational ***is situational, I think i said that about 7 pages ago?

Comparing jobs is sorta useless w/o a situation named, even then, it can go by the player.

Edit**

K...so just cuz someone hasn't lvled a job they automatically know nothing about it? Ignorance.
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-09-06 01:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Since when does it take leveling a job to know that 1776 is more than 1706?
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-06 01:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Karusan said:

I didn't know that till I leveled THF to 75 ; ; STOP MAKING FUN OF ME!
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-06 01:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Karusan said:

Since its a completely different spell with lower base dmg?
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-06 01:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Karusan said:

When the question is who is doing more dmg, or who is more efficient, is the point not to do the most dmg? Cuz please correct me if I am wrong.
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-09-06 01:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Karusan said:

So post the same spell. You still did less than a SCH. You're the one going on about BLM being better than SCH. I couldn't care. But if you're going to claim something you should at least back it up, your attempt to justify yourself just showed that you did LESS than the SCH, regardless of spell.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-06 01:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Karusan said:
Dasva said:
Karusan said:

So post the same spell. You still did less than a SCH.

Lol saw this coming so.
User submitted image
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-06 01:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
Dasva said:
Karusan said:

When the question is who is doing more dmg, or who is more efficient, is the point not to do the most dmg? Cuz please correct me if I am wrong.

Hence why freeze2 is in there too for ALOT more dmg
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-06 01:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You beat the SCH by 1, you know that? And what was day obi* food etc.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-09-06 01:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn, your blm can do 1 more damage on a pudding than a sch, you clearly are supreme.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-09-06 01:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza enough. I believe this thread is over.
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-09-06 01:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Karusan said:
Dasva said:
Karusan said:

So post the same spell. You still did less than a SCH.

Lol saw this coming so.
User submitted image

How much mp did that Thunder use?
SCH - same question.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11