If SE Were Turning FFXI's Servers Off Today....

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » If SE were turning FFXI's servers off today....
If SE were turning FFXI's servers off today....
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Fairy.Dhiloda
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Dhiloda2
By Fairy.Dhiloda 2009-09-04 04:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming I could get a speed belt... I'd go out crafting a Sonic belt... or whatever mats for t0 or t1 synths I can get my hands on.

That or fishing off in a nice remote area.
 Carbuncle.Zeoula
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zeoula
By Carbuncle.Zeoula 2009-09-04 04:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely in Arrapago Reef sitting on one of the boats overlooking the surroundings (Hopefully with snowy weather!) with the music turned up. ^-^
 Gilgamesh.Joltx
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Joltx
By Gilgamesh.Joltx 2009-09-04 05:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Heaven's tower in windy, cussing out a GM on behalf of every person they jerked over from a GM call.
 Quetzalcoatl.Makochild
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: makojr
By Quetzalcoatl.Makochild 2009-09-04 06:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd chill in sea looking towards the palace or in thickets looking at the volcano going off.
 Bismarck.Angellus
Server: Bismarck
user: Angellus
By Bismarck.Angellus 2009-09-04 08:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be silly and go back to titan to be around my old friends one last time.
I always said if I ever quit the game, it would be with my character back on Titan. >.>
and i'd sit in port windy... It was the place where me, jaiden and drax use to chill out.
 Unicorn.Motokosun
Server: Unicorn
user: mattchew
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-09-04 08:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Angellus said:
I'd be silly and go back to titan to be around my old friends one last time.
I always said if I ever quit the game, it would be with my character back on Titan. >.>
and i'd sit in port windy... It was the place where me, jaiden and drax use to chill out.

If thats what you would do, then why dont you go back to titan now since you miss it?
 Bismarck.Angellus
user: Angellus
By Bismarck.Angellus 2009-09-04 09:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

because I am in a HNML I like. Not that I don't like being around these guys/girls as well, but I think that would be what I want. Not to go back there right now, but maybe later on down the road.
 Cerberus.Lilla
Server: Cerberus
user: Lilla
By Cerberus.Lilla 2009-09-04 09:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Change my account info so they don't leave with my credit card number
[+]
 Siren.Rainewaters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Rainewaters 2009-09-06 23:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sea, at the entrance to the palace with my boyfriend.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-09-06 23:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on the mood i'd be in. IF it happened when i was in a sentimental, Prolly zi'tah,
Other than that, idk.. I would like to camp an NM, (hoping it pops in time.) claim it, and hold it until the servers crashed. Camping NM's was probably my favorite thing to do. I'd like to go out like that. I wouldn't want to kill it though, I'd want the servers to crash, without knowing if i got the drop. just for fun. Just, so I could always wonder.
[+]
 Seraph.Drakelth
Server: Seraph
user: drakelth
By Seraph.Drakelth 2009-09-07 00:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

top of Horlais Peak @ the hot springs just sitting and enjoying the water
[+]
 Fenrir.Dramanue
Server: Fenrir
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2009-09-07 01:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd slit my wrists.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-09-07 01:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Paladin AF with my lsmates, ALL OF THEM--old lsmates from SuperSmashBros (my first ever chat ls), LoyaltyModified, and UltimaLM/ModifiedStorms.

... IN MY MOG HOUSE.

Wait, did I say Paladin AF? I meant naked.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-09-07 01:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Jile said:
What location would you like to be at in the game as they announce the last shutdown message - server shutdown in 1 minute.

South Sandy, sitting beside my wifaru - hopefully in full Duelist's - would be my answer.

I'd be happy that day had come also.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-07 01:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Anye said:
Paladin AF with my lsmates, ALL OF THEM--old lsmates from SuperSmashBros (my first ever chat ls), LoyaltyModified, and UltimaLM/ModifiedStorms.

... IN MY MOG HOUSE.

Hot. Can I come? :O
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-09-07 01:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Switch servers and force them to shut it down? XD
 Valefor.Welfare
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Welfare 2009-09-08 22:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

~sigh~ Ridiculous children and over-weight, middle-aged, balding fat men; SE might down-size the resources FFXI consumes but so long as it creates revenue, they will not cancel it. In the world of business, those things that make money for you, are a good thing. Until common sense and the bottom line ceases to exist in this world, they will not cancel the game. They just published this year that as of their last poll, there are 2 million people playing this game. How many of those are mules etc., we can only speculate. Did they include in that poll, the banned "free trial" accounts that RMTs use for advertising? That is quite possible. Personally, on Valefor, on any average day, there are at least 1200~ people online. Figure those people are paying at least $12.95/each since you can't log in more than one ID at a time from any one account, and that works out around 15k+/month. Certainly that's not gonna be the real gross; it's only for argument's sake.
Now multiply that by 24 servers...why in God's name would they decide to cut off that income? Their over-head can't possibly be that much.
[+]
 Sylph.Osmodomniar
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Osmodomniar 2009-09-08 23:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Welfare said:
They just published this year that as of their last poll, there are 2 million people playing this game. How many of those are mules etc., we can only speculate. Did they include in that poll, the banned "free trial" accounts that RMTs use for advertising? That is quite possible.

I ... can't remember exactly, so don't quote me ... but I think I remember, when they came out with that, reading that they didn't take into account any level one characters, maybe even any characters up to like level ten. I'm not exactly sure about that last part, but I'm fairly certain they didn't take into account level ones, specifically so they didn't take into account mules.

Anyway. I've been checking back on this thread for a week or so now, and I've been thinking of where I'd like to be. It's a little lame, but I think I'd just most like to be in my MH in Bastok, standing there staring at my moogle after I just zone in, in full DRK AF2. I'm Taru, and my first job was DRK, and I literally chose that combination of race/job because I liked the way the AF looked on a Taru. So I essentially went full-circle; level one and no sub in Bastok, to the driving force behind what, I feel, molded me into the player I have become.
 Asura.Crewe
Server: Asura
user: Crewe
By Asura.Crewe 2009-09-08 23:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

With a few people who are no longer on this server or quit chilling somewhere or accomplishing something we failed duo 25 lvls ago. When it ends who cares 10~ more hours to your week.
 Bahamut.Endol
user: Endol
By Bahamut.Endol 2009-09-08 23:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

my last 30 secs would be Skillchaining the hell out fo something BIG on my sam. might as well go out witha bang..
 Pandemonium.Busterblade
Server: Pandemonium
user: Buster
By Pandemonium.Busterblade 2009-09-09 00:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok im just spit balling, BUT WHAT IF SE left it up to us! Never telling us when they are going to do it but, after the server mergers i see coming because ppl are going to start qutting when 14 hits, anyway All ingame players Get warped to a PM8-3 Battlefield VS the biggest NMs in the game i.e AV, Nid, All sky gods, Hell even some ***we never saw in game but from the older FFs or even the mythological ***greek roman etc and if we dont kill them the servers die, if we do... game lives on.. oh and if they did shut off well, it would have to be in the 8-3 fight with someone because that battlefield was always my favorite place in the game mellow or not lol
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
Server: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2009-09-10 09:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be on top of this mountain in Attohwa Chasm :)
 Carbuncle.Nightmarelord
Server: Carbuncle
user: BushinNmL
By Carbuncle.Nightmarelord 2009-09-10 10:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

id laugh @ all the players who still struggle with this game, relics, gear, ect ect, and all the players that would be sad and feel they didnt get to accomplish what they wanted.
[+]
 Odin.Deryk
Server: Odin
user: Deryk
By Odin.Deryk 2009-09-13 13:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I wouldn't just be sitting in South Gustaberg...maybe I'd do what my DRK does best -
Do tons of damage, then die ^^
 Bahamut.Memimi
user: Memimi
By Bahamut.Memimi 2009-09-13 14:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
Anye said:

... IN MY MOG HOUSE.

Hot. Can I come? :O

;; That means no Rumaha at my sexy elvaan mog house party.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2009-09-13 14:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Anye said:

... IN MY MOG HOUSE.

you'd have to help me re-quest it :<... oh wait nekked? IM SO THERE!
 Midgardsormr.Katashuro
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sephyrus
By Midgardsormr.Katashuro 2009-09-13 15:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd log off infront of the President's Office in the Metalworks of Bastok /salute'ing.
 Bismarck.Verace
user: Verace
By Bismarck.Verace 2009-09-13 18:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hard to say where or what I would be doing...Either zerging some NM or blowing someone up in PvP as NIN.
 Ifrit.Clouse
Server: Ifrit
user: Clouse
By Ifrit.Clouse 2009-09-13 18:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be in gustaberg camping LL, since i never did get the drop on my thf... which has been 75 for about 3 years.
 Odin.Eirwen
Server: Odin
user: dhkite
By Odin.Eirwen 2009-09-14 10:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Any place with my ingame buds where we share good memories of. Maybe Ghelsba Outpost.