How To Spawn Plouton?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Adoulin » How to spawn Plouton?
How to spawn Plouton?
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-22 18:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok it's totally explained now. Going to let our BLM know, and Plouton will die next time we go. :)

I'm considering taking two mage parties instead of one mage, one ranger. Also, do you guys keep the SAM in range during Plouton? Or do they just come in to skillchain and back out again?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-07-22 18:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Ok it's totally explained now. Going to let our BLM know, and Plouton will die next time we go. :)

I'm considering taking two mage parties instead of one mage, one ranger. Also, do you guys keep the SAM in range during Plouton? Or do they just come in to skillchain and back out again?

We keep out SAM out of range once its popped, and use a SCH to do Immanence Skillchains > Tier 5 MB, and BLM MB as well.
[+]
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2015-07-22 18:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep the Sam out of range(or don't take one) and just SC with SCH. The BLM magic bursts from the sch SC take it out really quick. Keeping a Sam in is a waste of resources to keep them alive and a pointless risk at a death > warp. If Plouton lands weakness, most non-tank jobs will die if they stay in his AoE damage range.

One other sidenote since we're covering everything. If you are using a sam, make sure that they know their single element skill chains and that your mages know not to LOLnuke anyway on the element he absorbs. Plouton will warp if you cure him too much, and the encumbrance effect duration is proportionate to the damage, so it can be a pain.

If you take another mage party instead, then you can mix in more Geo and buffers to reduce resists and up the damage output when you're nuking Plouton, makes the kill even faster.

And with the sobo and equip comment, I completely agree. This is one of the few things in the game that you really want teamwork for quick productive runs, not some dps look how awesome I am fappage.
[+]
 Asura.Cyleena
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-07-22 19:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Our sam stays in there full time. Guess it depends on how fast/good your cures are (encumbered can make them a little slower if that happens). Only the thief goes in builds thf until about 90% then backs out (or you can have thf rng attk to build thf from a distance).

If for whatever reason the sam gets hit with weakened move the sam would then pull out of there and go to safety leaving the tank on it only until weakness is off and he is rebuffed/cured fully and goes back in. (if weakness hits dd and tank, the dd and geo who are hit need to get out of there and leave just tank in there and whm needs to focus on curing tank and rebuffing tank until weakness is over).

This works for us but other groups might not have dd in there full time. We do not have death issues normally, so its not a issue even if encumber hits.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-07-22 22:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't stay in when we attempted due to not being able to hit Plouton at all (madrigals/GEO buff).

Death came from 2 TP moves in a row with no heals at all, I didn't take more than 1100~ from TP moves so I'm not worried about dying.
I'm just really worried about hitting Plouton at all.
 Phoenix.Libbien
Server: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-07-22 23:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

We never bothered having the sam stay in on Plouton and we actually lacked a good sch who could sc as well so we went without that too. Obviously having the sch is better, we knew that, but didn't have access to one at the time and still killed easily enough. Just throwing that out there because I see having a sch in a lot of strats and want to clarify that it helps a ton, but isn't even remotely necessary for the win, if you don't have problems popping that is.

Also I forgot to mention this earlier. We took a new sam once who really struggled to do the 6 step and took a long time to finally pull one off. However, we didn't get the upgrade when he did finally pull it off. I'm not sure if this was a glitch at the time or if there is some sort of time limit to popping him, probably less than 10 minutes left when he got it done. I haven't bothered to look at Plouton info for some time so this may be known info, but just in case it isn't I thought I'd throw it out there for anyone struggling to pop it.

Edit: There were no deaths on that run that we never got an upgrade for the 6 step.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-07-22 23:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Libbien said: »
So after one high MB (5-7k) hits the mob, someone can just finish it off? Wouldn't it be possible to do magic kills and MB phase at the same time doing it that way?

We thought the same thing, but it turns out no you can't. We tested it and it never worked for us so I dont believe it is possible. However, if you enter with a pop for both perf AND plouton, you can meet both NM requirements with the same action such as magic damage kills, each will count toward both NMs

To be clear, this is NOT true. If you do 2 magic bursts, one which doesn't kill the mob and a second which does, you can meet both conditions off one skillchain. I always do 2x fire MB, and the 5th elemental upgrades both prototype pearls. The first MB satisfies plouton condition, second satisfies perfidien.

Additionally, you can manage plouton pretty easily even with no melee or rangers if you're worried about death risk. 2 BLM, 2 GEO, and a COR should be able to kill it in under 5 minutes doing nothing besides free nuking. If you have a SCH or organization for a SAM, it's certainly faster, but if you're having trouble and no SCHs are available you might want to consider sticking to exclusively elemental damage.
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-07-22 23:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
So after one high MB (5-7k) hits the mob, someone can just finish it off? Wouldn't it be possible to do magic kills and MB phase at the same time doing it that way?

We thought the same thing, but it turns out no you can't. We tested it and it never worked for us so I dont believe it is possible. However, if you enter with a pop for both perf AND plouton, you can meet both NM requirements with the same action such as magic damage kills, each will count toward both NMs

To be clear, this is NOT true. If you do 2 magic bursts, one which doesn't kill the mob and a second which does, you can meet both conditions off one skillchain. I always do 2x fire MB, and the 5th elemental upgrades both prototype pearls. The first MB satisfies plouton condition, second satisfies perfidien.

Additionally, you can manage plouton pretty easily even with no melee or rangers if you're worried about death risk. 2 BLM, 2 GEO, and a COR should be able to kill it in under 5 minutes doing nothing besides free nuking. If you have a SCH or organization for a SAM, it's certainly faster, but if you're having trouble and no SCHs are available you might want to consider sticking to exclusively elemental damage.

Maybe i misunderstood but i thought he was asking if you can do your sc to mb AND t4+ nuke to finish off the ele to get credit for both criteria off the same mob which in fact is not possible. I did say it is possible to receive credit on both NMs with the same mob however, LIKE magic damage kills, not ONLY magic damage kills lol.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-07-22 23:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe i misunderstood but i thought he was asking if you can do your sc to mb AND t4+ nuke to finish off the ele to get credit for both criteria off the same mob which in fact is not possible.
If you skillchain, burst a t4+ nuke, and kill the mob you'll only get credit for perfidien. This is true. My apologies if this is what you're trying to say, you're not being very clear. Obviously it wouldn't work because a MB that kills the mob won't count toward plouton.

If you skillchain, burst a t1 nuke without killing the mob, then burst a t4 right after, you'll get credit for both.

You don't even need to use a t4 really, if you have 2 BLMs that burst T1 for 5-6k you can have both burst and get credit for both NMs. The first burst counts for plouton and the second kills the mob and counts for perfidien even though they're within a second of each other.
 Asura.Cyleena
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-07-22 23:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

We never bothered having the sam stay in on Plouton and we actually lacked a good sch who could sc as well so we went without that too. Obviously having the sch is better, we knew that, but didn't have access to one at the time and still killed easily enough. Just throwing that out there because I see having a sch in a lot of strats and want to clarify that it helps a ton, but isn't even remotely necessary for the win, if you don't have problems popping that is.

With the SC MB way to kill Plouton our Sam in range rarely is in danger health wise staying in there. Saying that I do not recommend it for groups just starting to do T5 until you get it down, and know the mob better, and what your group is capable of doing in those fights.

Though sch is good for this it is not needed to get win I totally agree. With our setup we rarely bring sch and have np killing Plouton. We normally just take a pld, sam,whm, brd, thf (our thf is usually duoboxed not because we do not have members with thief leveled but because its boring for them to sit in zone until T4 or T5 pops because we use sam method and do not use thf for SC MB, so members prefer just bringing a mule for thf but mainly focus on main char, and the thf is kept out of range after the mob gets down to about 90%), sometimes cor (but not very often),a blm or two, and about 3 geo sometimes 4. My group is fortunate though to have a lot of members that have geo leveled/skilled/geared, so we can take multiple.
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-07-22 23:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasnt referring to perf, sorry for the lack of clarity. I am speaking about plouton only for a sec here... there are 3 requirements you have to fulfill to pop him. For the sake of clarity lets call them #1 #2 and #3. If #1 requirement is the sc/mb portion, #2 is the 6 step sc, and #3 is the t4+ magic damage kills of the element the mob is weak to, I was saying you can't fulfill two separate requirements for plouton (meaning #1 and #3 for example) off the same mob. Once you do the sc/mb, it makes no difference how you finish the mob off because you will only get credit for the sc/mb, nothing else for plouton. This is what I thought he was asking and was trying to explain, sorry for the confusion but I hope this clears up what I was trying to say.

Also, I suck at typing on my phone so sorry for any typos in advance
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-07-23 05:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

This probably isn't something most people are geared up for, but the most reliable way we found to pop Perf/Plouton is to just use Beastmasters. It fits our playstyle anyway. We pop Perf in five minutes, Plouton in 7-10 based on random stuff.

■ Perfidien: It's possible to pop Perfidien as a solo BST (or a BST duo) in Duskbrood Gate:
4-step Skillchain: SharpwitHermes uses Head Butt → Leaf Dagger → Head Butt → Leaf Dagger
5 Magic Burst kills: Either use WarlikePatrick for Brain Crush → Tail Blow → Fireball Magic Burst
or as a duo, you can perform Wild Oats → Leaf Dagger → Water Magic Burst (Acid Spray, Venom, etc)
Elemental Magic Kills: Ice Elementals - Fireball, Corrosive Ooze
or Fire Elementals - Acid Spray, Venom.

■ Plouton: It's possible to pop Plouton as a BST duo in Duskbrood Gate:
6-step Skillchain: Two pets with access to Scission and Detonation attacks. i.e. SharpwitHermes + HurlerPercival
Perform: Attack 1 (Detonation) → Attack 2 (Scission) → Attack 3 (Detonation) → ... → Attack 6 (Scission)
5 Magic Bursts: Wild Oats → Leaf Dagger → Acid spray. You want no magic attack buffs on this one, Beast using spider pet should use an HQ spider and be using full pet magic accuracy gear. This will do right over 5k damage every single time. Use indi-torpor and drachen roll if you need them. You probably won't though.
Elemental Magic Kills: Ice Elementals - Fireball. Have two Beasts with good MAB sets do this one for safety. Geo uses indi-malaise and sits right in the middle of ice eles, and give the Beasts puppetmasters roll. A crooked carded Puppetroll with a PUP in party(Tanks Plouton like a champ in magic tank mode with no support.) gives +80MAB and 80M.acc.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-23 06:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Be aware there are talks on the JP part of the OF of a BST nerf, specifically pets creating their own skillchains, they may still be able to skillchain with other pets though.