Those who still love this game
First Page 2
 Pandemonium.Vavaud
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Vavaud
By Pandemonium.Vavaud 2009-08-27 14:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont know about everyone else around this website, but it seems I've read nothing but negative comments about this game and/or SE. Whine about this, *** about that, etc. etc. Does anyone enjoy playing this game anymore, or is it just a chore to log in and receive nothing but ***?

I suppose the purpose of this thread is to try and bring a more positive energy to the game. What is your favorite thing about logging in every day? To check the AH to see if your stuff sold? To go and work on levelling your next job to 75? To have FUN maybe??

It's no secret to anyone that the mood in this game has seemed to change. Yes, a lot of shitty things has happened to alot of players. But if you're still playing, then you're still playing for a reason, right? Has people forgotten that this is, after all, just a videogame?
[+]
 Pandemonium.Nerevar
user:
By Pandemonium.Nerevar 2009-08-27 14:49:12
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I log in to witness the lulz of Pandemonium end-game.

I'm surprised that people are still wiping to Fafnir and King Vinegarroon after all these years.
 Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-08-27 14:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I still love the game, but I find that my time to log on and play is severely limited due to Real Life. I don't regret it at all, since a family is more important to me than the game.

However, if I had more hours in the day, I'd probably still play more. I miss the friends I've made, but I still keep in touch with many of them in RL anyway, so that's the best part of it all. When the servers shut down, I come out of it richer for the experience.
[+]
 Valefor.Integral
Server: Valefor
user: Caliber
By Valefor.Integral 2009-08-27 14:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Nerevar said:

I'm surprised that people are still wiping to Fafnir and King Vinegarroon after all these years.

same on valefor :3 I am only wasting time on this boring game until a new game I can enjoy as much as I used to with ffxi comes out
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2009-08-27 15:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty sure most people who play, play because they enjoy it. The reason for most of the negative threads is because people now don't know for how long they will be able to keep playing. With all the recent mass bannings of legit players, the whole visa thing, the news that SE doesnt know what will happen to the game in a few months, despite having said earlier they had a years worth of content lined up, I would say there is fair cause for all the negative threads about.
Can't see much positive to look forward to..but just took up mnk and im loving it! :P
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-27 15:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Well after the last mini exp. pack is released and they finish WoTG mission there will be no new content and from the look of it.

There isn't much New players, old players are quitting. When FF14 is out more people will quit/or will put more time on FF14 then 11

So yeah I see nuffin but doom in the horizon :P

but really what is there to do other then farm and do end game when your short on time and with a new game coming around the corner it seem like a waste of time, imo
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-08-27 15:10:24

It's an addiction I can't overcome by just will power. I log in to run around for no reason mainly. I really don't know why I reactivated my account.
 Asura.Celene
Server: Asura
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-08-27 15:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If it weren't for friends I would have left a long time ago. :x A lot of friends are moving to XIV, and a lot just quitting period. I'm not sure which boat I will end up in, but for now I will just take it easy and enjoy what short time I will probably have left on this game.

I do miss the fresh, and exciting feeling of a new MMO, so who knows.
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-08-27 15:20:12

I try to explain to people that the game actually saved me money, but now it got to the point of feeling like a chore since most I can get done lately is just leveling jobs to 75. It's either $60+ a month for new xbox game or $15 a month for FFXI (which I have a lot to do still).
 Bahamut.Kelia
Server: Bahamut
user: Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-08-27 15:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

i log in to get repeatedly raped by qiqirn treasure hunters and their HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE drop rate
 Kujata.Ninesunz
Server: Kujata
user: ninesunz
By Kujata.Ninesunz 2009-08-27 15:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm only happy when i'm bitchin
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-08-27 15:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I still enjoy the game. Looking for parties have become very stale though. 25 levels to go...
 Shiva.Drteeth
Server: Shiva
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-08-27 15:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I enjoy logging in every day to see my linkshell members get the gear they've been salivating over for a long time. It's nice to be in a shell where I get to lead and watch the members grow as a whole, while avoiding all the *** drama associated with endgame nowadays.
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-08-27 15:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Even tho most the people I've encountered in linkshells are dousches and linkshells most the time argue within themselves and kick people left and right and everyone1111 has to have the bigger epenis I gotta say I absolutely love this game.

I mostly love crafting and making gil the good ole fashioned way... farming mobs for items... god I can't kill enuf goblins each day... I go to bed and just don't seem satisfied cause i shoulda killed more >:)

I've got a few friends on bahamut still left from 6 yrs ago when we started.... makes the ffxi world go round for me lolz
 Carbuncle.Akada
Server: Carbuncle
user: Akada
By Carbuncle.Akada 2009-08-27 15:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Kunimitsu said:
pretty sure most people who play, play because they enjoy it. The reason for most of the negative threads is because people now don't know for how long they will be able to keep playing. With all the recent mass bannings of legit players, the whole visa thing, the news that SE doesnt know what will happen to the game in a few months, despite having said earlier they had a years worth of content lined up, I would say there is fair cause for all the negative threads about.
Can't see much positive to look forward to..but just took up mnk and im loving it! :P

When did SE say they dont know what will happen to ffxi in a few months?
o.o

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Wickster
user: Wickster
By Pandemonium.Wickster 2009-08-27 16:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I play everyday with my brothers and sister and I enjoy going out and performing FOV's with them. I hope to someday get them to the lvl's that I am @ so that we can do our own end game stuff w/o the drama!!
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2009-08-27 16:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Akada said:
Kunimitsu said:

When did SE say they dont know what will happen to ffxi in a few months?
o.o

They mentioned it in an ffxiv interview with zam.
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=19384

Quote:
ZAM: With the two mini content updates for FFXI already out and the third one set to come out at some point in the future, are there any plans for at least one more large scale expansion for the game before FFXIV comes out?

Tanaka: We're still working on the third of the new scenarios, so we're not sure what we have after that. We might start working on something new for FFXI; we might not, so we can't really comment on that.

So they don't know what's happening after next mini exp =[
 Pandemonium.Vavaud
user: Vavaud
By Pandemonium.Vavaud 2009-08-27 17:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't imagine they'd do any major additions to the game at this point since they're spending so much resources on FFXIV, but if you think about it they have done what they can to prolong the life of the game. Look at augments, it could take ages to get just the right set of augments on your character to really max it out.

But him saying, "so we're not sure what we have after that. We might start working on something new for FFXI; we might not, so we can't really comment on that" doesn't necessarily mean that the game is dead. Who knows, we could end up seeing more mini-expansions.
 Bahamut.Memimi
user: Memimi
By Bahamut.Memimi 2009-08-27 17:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I log in everyday to talk to the wonderful friends I've made. Like Angelos, Xxsoraxx, Xanderalex, and tons of others! I also love going on adventures with my wonderful friends, like running around Arrapago Reef and exploring, or doing quests people don't do, like the one for Random Ring, and doing Garrison!
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-08-27 17:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Vavaud said:
I dont know about everyone else around this website, but it seems I've read nothing but negative comments about this game and/or SE. Whine about this, *** about that, etc. etc.

It's true that FFXI may lack a lot of what other MMORPGs do but there's still something oddly addicting about it.

I think that after the Shantotto mini-expansion is released they'll take a look at the number of people who actively play and for how long. Then use that information to decide if it's worth the time and money to continue with FFXI or to move those devs to FF14.
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-27 17:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

tbh, all this talk about FF14 has me excited and depressed. I'm excited to see a new game with amazing graphics under the FF chain but its depressing knowing that its online...and the 4+ years that most people have spent on FF11 will just go to waste. Some people still havnt completed CoP yet...or havnt got a certain piece of gear yet...so to them this upcoming MMO is just another reason as to why they shouldnt bother getting it.
 Alexander.Zayo
Server: Alexander
user: Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2009-08-27 17:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I still love it. So much to do in the game from fishing and crafting, to mini games and Zeni farming, HNMs and missions, oh yeah and leveling/meriting etc. Only thing spoiling the fun at times are RMT issues and jerks that still play to be... jerks, but I just /blist them and move on.( ^^)b
 Cerberus.Nieko
Server: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-08-27 17:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

i understand that Dubont but i doubt that will stop ppl. Hell I didnt beat FFIX until.... well hell? Have I ever beaten that one?
Anyway my point is i dont think ppl will hang around waiting to get everything done in XI simply because there is soooo much to do. And with numbers dwindling off already, once XIV releases and more ppl jump ship, the chances of getting things done around XI will be slim to none I believe simply because there wont be enough ppl.
Yes I kno that it's not gonna be an immediate *POOF* I'm the only person in Whitegate today! but I do think the numbers will die down quite fast, and they'll prob begin merging servers, which will boost the numbers briefly but you will be surrounded by a bunch of players u dont know or wont trust so u'll likely not do too much even then. Unless u have a decent amount of ingame friends and u all go onto a private server and play together that way, I think XIV will be the doom of XI.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-08-27 17:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to be interesting to see if the RMT are screwed by XIV.

If they lose their customers, they're boned.
 Cerberus.Kte
user: Kte
By Cerberus.Kte 2009-08-27 17:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya know what...i think about that all the time. Why am i still playing? is it really worth it? But after investing alot of money into my character and all the fun i have had in this game...I dont care about FFXIV maybe ill join but until then im here and i enjoy being on FFXI everyday. Maybe it will end who knows but until might as well have fun as much as ya can.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-08-27 17:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Nerevar said:

User submitted image

earthbreaker spam sucks big time, but cfh is preventable by not being a d-bag. most importantly next time though, let's see you actually fight it before it depops. ;)

Dubont said:
I'm excited to see a new game with amazing graphics under the FF chain but its depressing knowing that its online...and the 4+ years that most people have spent on FF11 will just go to waste.

yea, but what happens like seven years down the road when XIV is inferior and they bring out, say XVIII (or somewhere around that number) which then trumps XIV.

revolution ahoy; players should understand the concept from the moment they begin playing a game such as this.
 Cerberus.Nieko
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-08-27 18:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ironguy said:
yea, but what happens like seven years down the road when XIV is inferior and they bring out, say XVIII (or somewhere around that number) which then trumps XIV.

simple. Jump ship again.
I spent countless hours doing absolutely everything I could in all of the previous FF games, but once the new one was out, I ran out and bought it just so i could start the adventure over.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-08-27 18:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

complain...people always complain about everything so it isnt that big of a deal.
"Omg my 100,000$ car doesnt have a cup holder to hold my big gulp!!!"
and people complain about the mmo's they play just as much.
First Page 2