Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Those who still love this game
Those who still love this game
 Gilgamesh.Aaralynn
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Aaralyn
By Gilgamesh.Aaralynn 2009-08-27 18:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I still enjoy the game. But if you ask me, unless you're stuck from a glitch, GM are totally and completely useless. And SE bans people for the stupidest reasons. And this stunt they pulled with the credit cared, it really seems like they're doing what they can to lessen the numbers of people who play FFXI. Destroying their own game.

But as a game, even as you reach close to the end of all the storyline missions, I think it is a good game.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-08-27 18:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Nieko said:
simple. Jump ship again.
I spent countless hours doing absolutely everything I could in all of the previous FF games, but once the new one was out, I ran out and bought it just so i could start the adventure over.

tis what i'm saying; if anybody ever gets butthurt about losing their stuff on an mmo, then they need to rethink their own morales, for the fact that everybody's losing just as much in the long run

some may lose their aegis', some may lose their wool hat, but all in all, they're all pixels in the end; memories are forever though, luckily. :)
[+]
 Pandemonium.Nerevar
user:
By Pandemonium.Nerevar 2009-08-27 19:28:32
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Ironguy said:

User submitted image

Where's the screenshot of you guys wiping?

:3
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-08-27 19:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

hence the,
Quote:
earthbreaker spam sucks big time, but cfh is preventable by not being a d-bag. most importantly next time though, let's see you actually fight it before it depops. ;)

i'll dig up the log if yer really not going to believe me, but even me just glimpsing over it quick there, i see about five within the matter of two minutes (see: you gunna get raped)
 Ifrit.Dinarii
Server: Ifrit
user: Dinarii
By Ifrit.Dinarii 2009-08-27 20:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

i log in rarely anymore. work taking up 48 working hours(not counting the hour drive to AND from work) a week, dealing with the wife and kids, and the general discontent that is the end game in ffxi anymore. i have logged maybe 45mins in the past 2 months on ffxi. its usually 4-5 mins here and there to just hop on to say hi. my parents have basically quit, and the whole familial aspect of that is also gone.

i loaded WoW just for something to do, played around with the AION betas, but Left 4 dead, and team fortress 2, as well as resident evil:5 have begun taking up my time. why? immediate satisfaction. i don't have to dig in 4-6hrs of game time to feel mildly satisfied with what i did in game. along with the fact that ffxiv is out there, as well as diablo3, and aion. there's little to no reason to even log on to xi anymore. positive light? that bulb burnt out a good 4 years ago.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-08-27 20:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I still love the game.

I don't care for excessive amounts of retardation in the player base though.
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-08-27 20:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from stupid people, overly dramatic people and piss poor customer service from GMs and other POL staff. I truly enjoy the game, and wish to continue playing.
 Odin.Eirwen
Server: Odin
user: dhkite
By Odin.Eirwen 2009-09-16 12:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I still love all the things I've experienced in and through FFXI. From the days I loved to just sit there and fish and hang out with friends, to sitting there, watch the LS chat pass by and hang out with the few friends who are left from the old days.

My activity is as random as I roll an 11 on COR. Over the past 4 weeks, I've only gone online to sell some of my old junk and prepare for a wedding. In those weeks, I've been focussing on drawing, but now... I do neither and browse these forums XD

Who knows, maybe I'll be back to playing nearly every night after work, and in weekends, soon. It's the first MMO I HAVEN'T left after a month, and it'll stay on my computer for many more months to come.
 Titan.Bladex
Server: Titan
user: Laddie
By Titan.Bladex 2009-09-16 13:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I still love this game even most of the time I log in just to chit chat with friends, do "camp-pain" battles, or just gather with friends and hunt down some ZNMs. We are gathering peoples that will move to FF14 so we can start new fresh LS on same server. It's really hard to giving up your FFXI toon when you have ***load things done on it and start a new one in FF14...but for me I think it's just like leveling a new mule for fun :)
 Asura.Xed
Server: Asura
user:
By Asura.Xed 2009-09-16 13:20:06
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Bladex said:
do "camp-pain" battles

That made me laugh, because I share the feeling and know what you mean all too well. XD
 Titan.Bladex
Server: Titan
user: Laddie
By Titan.Bladex 2009-09-16 13:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Xed said:
Bladex said:
do "camp-pain" battles

That made me laugh, because I share the feeling and know what you mean all too well. XD

/cheer XD
 Shiva.Akajoyroth
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Akajoyroth 2009-09-16 13:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

/cheer

I enjoy this game a lot...I feel that I get to work towards goals and meet cool people and do sweet things! Its a good thing to do after work since I only get about 4 hours to relax before I need to go to sleep and be ready for another 12 hour shift 8(

Its also one of the only multi-player games I can stand now-a-days...there is drama all around us.